Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Debate Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Good and Evil (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=50032)

shinmarubountyhunter 03-17-2010 09:20 AM

Good and Evil
 
Is there such thing as good or evil?

toad 03-17-2010 09:48 AM

Re: Good and Evil
 
there is such thing as good and evil

ex.

evil= criminals and murderers etc.

good= police, firemen workers who try to make buildings and roads better etcc

Bacon 03-17-2010 09:59 AM

Re: Good and Evil
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by toad (Post 2675067)
there is such thing as good and evil

ex.

evil= criminals and murderers etc.

good= police, firemen workers who try to make buildings and roads better etcc

Good and evil depends on your point of view, making it circumstancial if it does exist. In the minds of the Taliban, we are evil. In our minds,they are portrayed as the bad guy.Honestly, depends on what side you are on and what justification you give for certain actions. For instance, when we go to war, it is justified because we are protecting our country. Anything outside of that is considered murder, which makes your first point invalid.
Besides there is no certain standard of good and evil, and we in the United States for the most part are lucky that the majority of us don't kill each other casually.

toad 03-17-2010 10:03 AM

Re: Good and Evil
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bacon_army17 (Post 2675104)
Good and evil depends on your point of view, making it circumstancial if it does exist. In the minds of the Taliban, we are evil. In our minds,they are portrayed as the bad guy.Honestly, depends on what side you are on and what justification you give for certain actions. For instance, when we go to war, it is justified because we are protecting our country. Anything outside of that is considered murder, which makes your first point invalid.
Besides there is no certain standard of good and evil, and we in the United States for the most part are lucky that the majority of us don't kill each other casually.

the fact of murder is valid becuase murder is considerd a crim, when people are killed in war its not considered murder, murder is killing innocebnt people for no reason, however if in war inocent people, aka citezens get killed then i consider it to be murder

Bacon 03-17-2010 10:12 AM

Re: Good and Evil
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by toad (Post 2675134)
the fact of murder is valid becuase murder is considerd a crim, when people are killed in war its not considered murder, murder is killing innocebnt people for no reason, however if in war inocent people, aka citezens get killed then i consider it to be murder

By society's standards, killing is a crime;It is a duturant to make anyone considering the action action as a consequence and is subject to interpreatation. For instance there is premeditated and the heat of pasion; which are bogus becuase in both scenarios. One person dies and the other lives; and then theres manslaughter which is even stupider than the first two. So tell me why we just don't lump them all into one category?
As for the blue part, would you suggest that the dropping of the atomic bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki could be justified? In any of the axis powers, only a minority of the population was actually militant,so America in a time of war killed many innocent lives.

mrsticky005 03-17-2010 02:11 PM

Re: Good and Evil
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by toad (Post 2675067)
there is such thing as good and evil

ex.

evil= criminals and murderers etc.

good= police, firemen workers who try to make buildings and roads better etcc

Life would be a lot simpler if it was that black and white.
Not all criminals are evil and not all police, firemen, etc are good either.

Shiori 03-17-2010 02:13 PM

Re: Good and Evil
 
I believe that what is good and what is evil is in the eye of the beholder. Not everyone would agree that some certian thing was good or another was evil.

Maikeru D. Shinigami 03-17-2010 02:43 PM

Re: Good and Evil
 
What about a criminal who only kills those who do things such as rape or murder? Are they really considered evil?

Or a police officer who plays favoritism in who he gives tickets to. Say he gives a black man a $500 ticket where he would give a white man a $100 ticket, is that good?

shinmarubountyhunter 03-17-2010 03:25 PM

Re: Good and Evil
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami (Post 2676617)
What about a criminal who only kills those who do things such as rape or murder? Are they really considered evil?

Thats what the whole concept of death note is about. I was watching it when i made this thread.

Gamabunta 03-17-2010 04:00 PM

Re: Good and Evil
 
For there to be such thing as right and wrong there has to be such a thing as good and evil. And if it was based entirely on perspective it wouldn't real exist.

And Bacon, killing is a crime. To everyone. If you don't believe me just try murdering them without warning, and see how they react. It's not society, some things are pretty cut and dry.

Bacon 03-17-2010 08:23 PM

Re: Good and Evil
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamabunta (Post 2677139)
For there to be such thing as right and wrong there has to be such a thing as good and evil. And if it was based entirely on perspective it wouldn't real exist.

And Bacon, killing is a crime. To everyone. If you don't believe me just try murdering them without warning, and see how they react. It's not society, some things are pretty cut and dry.

Are you suggesting that I condone murder, becasue that's hilarious my freind. Quite frankly all I was pointing out if there's no clear cut standard for evil,then what do I base it off? Good and evil is circumstancial and subject to one's interpreatation becuase what we may call terrorist bombings, the Taliban calls it the fight for Ala and freedom.

40shadow 03-17-2010 08:40 PM

Re: Good and Evil
 
Good = Kakashi
Bad = Pain

Either way, whatever good or bad is, you can't say Pain is bad because he is good. See what I'm saying? If your bad on the inside, and like really good on the outside, it really doesn't matter.

The Eater of Charkra 03-22-2010 04:57 PM

Re: Good and Evil
 
Their is neither good nor evil. Their is only what is in the middle. Who is to say God is even good and the devil is evil. Nobody! Because we dont know.

garra12345 03-22-2010 07:57 PM

Re: Good and Evil
 
Yes good people are us and evil people are robbers,murders and all that kind of stuff so yes.:|

Manda 03-22-2010 08:06 PM

Re: Good and Evil
 
Good and evil are nothing but opinions. What some consider good, others may view it as evil. (And vice-versa)

Vatanui AKA Pride 03-22-2010 11:29 PM

Re: Good and Evil
 
There is no right or wrong, nor is there any good and evil. The world isn't painted black and white at all, this isn't a typical superhero comic or something like that.

Who you consider the "bad guys" may be the "good guys". Who you consider the "good guys" may be a "bad guy". Who your society considers a "bad guy" may very well consider your own society a "bad guy" in the said person's eyes. This depends solely on a person's set of morals, the society they reside in, and a person's point of view. For example, say if someone kidnapped a whole group of people and then demanded for a person to kill one person in exchange for the lives of the group spared. That person does so. In the eyes of the public and those not a witness to the whole incident, the person could be viewed simply as a criminal charged with murdering, the lowest scum of scums. However, to some of the people in the group kidnapped, those people may view the murderer as even a hero.

Case Closed.

Toph 03-23-2010 02:50 AM

Re: Good and Evil
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsticky005 (Post 2676324)
Life would be a lot simpler if it was that black and white.
Not all criminals are evil and not all police, firemen, etc are good either.

Lol! I definitely agree!!!!

Err 03-23-2010 04:40 AM

Re: Good and Evil
 
Both terms are subjective. It seems to me that the most popular ideas seem to be the standard for both.

narutoobsession 06-25-2010 10:54 AM

Re: Good and Evil
 
If you mean "good" as in heroes, and "evil" as in villains, then no. It's not that simple. Far from it.

For example, most people consider soldiers heroes. Most are. But it is not unlikely that some soldiers are not in the military to serve their country, but simply to have an excuse to shoot people and make money. Thus, in this situation, the "heroes" are evil.

Likewise, most people consider those involved in the 9-11 attack villains. However, can you really be evil if you don't know any better? In their minds, they were just doing what their god wanted them to do. In their minds, they were making a heroic sacrifice. In their minds, what they were doing was right and justified. So can we really blame them, and label them as villains?

Amani 06-25-2010 04:06 PM

Re: Good and Evil
 
It is all a matter of perspective. The world isn't black and white; there are plenty of shades of grey in the middle.

Unless you perceive that there is no good or evil, then yes. There is neither. Even so, I don't think I've EVER met anyone who doesn't have a single perception of what is right or wrong. What's right or wrong is often defined by religion and society, so unless you can avoid those, then there is "good" and "evil".

But if good and evil don't exist to someone, than that probably means that they simply don't care. They're indifferent.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.