Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Naruto Anime Discussion (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Kakashi's Mangekyo Sharingan. (kind of a spoiler?) (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=42296)

Cobrinha 01-16-2010 06:25 AM

Kakashi's Mangekyo Sharingan. (kind of a spoiler?)

I have a feeling I'll be scolded by people for this but....how do you think Kakashi activated his Mangekyo Sharingan? When we first hear about it in the begining of the serires, Itachi tells Sasuke the only way to unlock it is to kill the person closest to you. I highly doubt that Kakashi would kill anyone he was close to just for a new jutsu. Maybe Kishimoto will continue the Kakashi Chronicles and have the last of it take place during the two and a half year hiatus between the first part of the series and the second part. Anyway I don't clame to know everything about the Naruto world, so I am curious to hear other opinions on the topic.

Shikamaru Nara 01-16-2010 06:45 AM

Re: Kakashi's Mangekyo Sharingan. (kind of a spoiler?)

Hm, interesting theory,
Spoiler:
he took Obito's eyes, right? Maybe that killed him off and he used it later on...

Cobrinha 01-16-2010 07:14 AM

Yeah, there are so many possibilities. I just want to know for sure.

kokojojo 01-20-2010 10:41 PM

even the jutsu kakashi uses with his mangekyou is different. he doesnt use amaterasu, tsukiyomi or susannoo, its some other weird jutsu that can transport things to another place or dimension. and when he uses it, his eye doesnt bleed and he doesnt seem to be losing any sight either. i think becuz he's not an Uchiha the sharingan has different properties. which means he may have unlocked it by simply training as opposed to killing somebody

Chiku 01-21-2010 03:51 PM

he watched his best friend be killed and couldn't do anything. that could be like killing him, right?

narutofox180 01-22-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokojojo (Post 2285197)
even the jutsu kakashi uses with his mangekyou is different. he doesnt use amaterasu, tsukiyomi or susannoo, its some other weird jutsu that can transport things to another place or dimension. and when he uses it, his eye doesnt bleed and he doesnt seem to be losing any sight either. i think becuz he's not an Uchiha the sharingan has different properties. which means he may have unlocked it by simply training as opposed to killing somebody

doesnt everyones sharingan do different stuff??

kokojojo 01-23-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiku (Post 2288039)
he watched his best friend be killed and couldn't do anything. that could be like killing him, right?

yea but that was many years ago, the emotional trauma wud've disappeared. u really believe kakashi is feels the exact same way as the moment obito died for that long? no, the pain has long since subsided so it wudnt make sense for his mangekyou to appear now as opposed to before
Quote:

Originally Posted by narutofox180 (Post 2296836)

um,no. the sharingan has the same properties in everyone who has it,its just that some people are more capable with it than others. for instance, a kunai is meant for stabbing or cutting, no matter who uses it. but some people are able to use it better than others, get it?

Hatake Girl 01-23-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narutofox180 (Post 2296836)

thats what i thought. depending on how you got the mangekyo sharingan, it possesses different traits. not really sure though...

Mince 01-23-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokojojo (Post 2301117)
um,no. the sharingan has the same properties in everyone who has it,its just that some people are more capable with it than others. for instance, a kunai is meant for stabbing or cutting, no matter who uses it. but some people are able to use it better than others, get it?

The only flaw I see is that with a Kunai, it is used the same with each and every person. Only a Jutsu can make it better, nobody is simply perfect with it whilst somebody is not. I'd understand if it were a Byakugan user or a Sharingan user, since they can almost see anything within a 360(for byakugan, except for the blind spot), and slow things down(sharingan) so they can see it slowly and take advantage of it.

Now back on topic.

His Mangekyo was achieved by taking Obito's/Madara's eye.

Hatake Girl 01-23-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mince (Post 2301338)
The only flaw I see is that with a Kunai, it is used the same with each and every person. Only a Jutsu can make it better, nobody is simply perfect with it whilst somebody is not. I'd understand if it were a Byakugan user or a Sharingan user, since they can almost see anything within a 360(for byakugan, except for the blind spot), and slow things down(sharingan) so they can see it slowly and take advantage of it.

Now back on topic.

His Mangekyo was achieved by taking Obito's/Madara's eye.

yeah, but how was it achieved? kakashi said in the past that all the people close to him have already been killed. back then when he said this, he didnt have the mangekyo sharingan.

Mince 01-23-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatake Girl (Post 2301423)
yeah, but how was it achieved? kakashi said in the past that all the people close to him have already been killed. back then when he said this, he didnt have the mangekyo sharingan.

He took Obito's/Madara's eye, yes, that awakened it later on.

BUT, he said that they all died. Obito still lives to this day in the series, and it was the either the sight of Obito faking his death or the Mangekyo awakened at some point when he got his eye.

Zeek Uchiha 01-23-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mince (Post 2301499)
He took Obito's/Madara's eye, yes, that awakened it later on.

BUT, he said that they all died. Obito still lives to this day in the series, and it was the either the sight of Obito faking his death or the Mangekyo awakened at some point when he got his eye.

no that's not it becuz Obito isn't Madara Uchiha it couldv'e been several diffrent ways for 1 we don't kno when he mastered Mangekyo Sharingan so it couldv'e happened during that period of the 3 years b4 shippuden

Mince 01-23-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeek Uchiha (Post 2301544)
no that's not it becuz Obito isn't Madara Uchiha it couldv'e been several diffrent ways for 1 we don't kno when he mastered Mangekyo Sharingan so it couldv'e happened during that period of the 3 years b4 shippuden

2 and a half years/2.5, not three.

Think of it this way.

He took his Sharingan eye, and he saw his dearest friends' death.

So that could have awakened it, yet he kept it secret and has been training all of these years to master it.

Hatake Girl 01-23-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeek Uchiha (Post 2301544)

yeah i agree. madara is NOT obito. obito IS dead. but maybe, his is just caused by grief? he couldnt protect obito and the other unnamed people of his past and he couldnt save sasuke from the "dark side". maybe that could trigger the mangekyo. who knows :roll:

Hatake Girl 01-23-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mince (Post 2301563)
2 and a half years/2.5, not three.

Think of it this way.

He took his Sharingan eye, and he saw his dearest friends' death.

So that could have awakened it, yet he kept it secret and has been training all of these years to master it.

wouldnt it have awakened it much earlier then? there had to have been another way he awakened it.

Mince 01-23-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatake Girl (Post 2301581)
wouldnt it have awakened it much earlier then? there had to have been another way he awakened it.

One answer answers that question.

He took Obito's eye.

Hatake Girl 01-23-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mince (Post 2301713)
One answer answers that question.

He took Obito's eye.

that doesnt answer the question.
that is how he got the sharingan, but getting the mangekyo is different.

Mince 01-23-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatake Girl (Post 2301732)
that doesnt answer the question.
that is how he got the sharingan, but getting the mangekyo is different.

Watched his dearest firend's die.

Hatake Girl 01-23-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mince (Post 2301777)
Watched his dearest firend's die.

then like i said earlier, wouldnt it have caused the mangekyo to reveal itself earlier?

kakashi was 12/13 when obito died.
kakashi is 29 when he used the mangekyo. **he didnt have it at the time whenever he faced itachi, which means he got it sometime during the time skip.

Note: itachi used his mangekyo sharingan days after killing his best friend.

had Kakashi gotten it souly from watching obito die, it would have apperared much sooner than it did. there must have been a different way.

Mince 01-23-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatake Girl (Post 2301813)
then like i said earlier, wouldnt it have caused the mangekyo to reveal itself earlier?

kakashi was 12/13 when obito died.
kakashi is 29 when he used the mangekyo. **he didnt have it at the time whenever he faced itachi, which means he got it sometime during the time skip.

Note: itachi used his mangekyo sharingan days after killing his best friend.

had Kakashi gotten it souly from watching obito die, it would have apperared much sooner than it did. there must have been a different way.

*throws a ball of rice*

I need to rewatch some episodes involving Kakashi for a while.

Until then, I think it's safe to say for now that Obito is the cause of it. Maybe.