Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Naruto Manga Discussion (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Do you really think Tobi is... *SPOILER?* (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=269)

SasoriAngel 04-02-2009 01:55 PM

Do you really think Tobi is... *SPOILER?*

Do you really think Tobi is Madara?

From what i have read in the manga it looks like Tobi is really Madara.
What do you think?

--
SRhyse - Moderator's Note - Changed the title to future proof the thread.
--

Keira-chan 04-02-2009 01:56 PM

Re: Do you really think Tobi is Madara?

Yep...I'm like 98% sure

skyywarp 04-02-2009 03:29 PM

if u have a subscription w/ shonen jump it will tell u that tobi is madara and he is part of the uchida clan. it should b on newsstands now. i have a sub so i just read it.

JamzAcez 04-02-2009 03:37 PM

*******SPOILER WARNING********

yes he reveals it to sasuke in the manga

--
Sage Mode - Moderator's Note: Edited for spoiler tags
--

sasoridanna 04-02-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamzAcez

Kisame is another person that knows Tobi's real identity.

SasoriAngel 04-02-2009 03:49 PM

Yea i do remember reading where kisame also knows tobi's real identity.
Quote:

Originally Posted by sasoridanna
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamzAcez

Kisame is another person that knows Tobi's real identity.

--
Sage Mode - Moderator's Note: Edited for spoiler tags
--

rasen-sharingan 04-02-2009 04:40 PM

first of all who is tobi?
we dont know how tobi looks so we cant say that he is madara .
to be sure madara has permanent mangekyou sharingan
and tobi only has sharingan state 3 thats only the three dots
so if you have permanent mangekyou sharingan why go down to the weaker sharingan states. tobi shows his sharingan to sasuke and kakashi but he never reveals his true face.
so we dont know for sure he is madara.

some persons i think madara is
first OBITO thats right kakashis childhood friend
i think tobi is obito because if he only shows his right sharingan not his left because he gave his other sharingan to kakashi

Kisame 04-02-2009 04:41 PM

******SPOILER WARNING********

Yes, It's pretty obvious he's Madara.

Phenom 04-02-2009 07:10 PM

*Spoilers*

I don't believe that he is Madara. For one, saying that he is Madara "because he told Sasuke that he was." Is not a good answer. Tobi also told him that the 9 tails attacking the Leaf was just a natural occurence, even though The Fourth told Naruto that someone was behind it that could predict all his moves.

Second, why does he have a mask with one eye hole? It doesn't make sense unless he doesn't have two eyes. (because he most likely gave one to Kakashi when they were kids)

Also, wouldn't Madara have died of old age by now? Sure, it is possible to live for 100+ years, but if he did there is no way to be able to move at the speed he does. Now, I'm not really sure how old Madara was when Konoha was founded, but seeing as how the third was old when he died it is reasonable to guess that 50-70 years had passed since then. ("when he died" the he refers to the third not Madara)

So, I still believe that he is Obito just like I always have since the first time I saw him.

Keira-chan 04-02-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenom
*Spoilers*

I don't believe that he is Madara. For one, saying that he is Madara "because he told Sasuke that he was." Is not a good answer. Tobi also told him that the 9 tails attacking the Leaf was just a natural occurence, even though The Fourth told Naruto that someone was behind it that could predict all his moves.

Second, why does he have a mask with one eye hole? It doesn't make sense unless he doesn't have two eyes. (because he most likely gave one to Kakashi when they were kids)

Also, wouldn't Madara have died of old age by now? Sure, it is possible to live for 100+ years, but if he did there is no way to be able to move at the speed he does. Now, I'm not really sure how old Madara was when Konoha was founded, but seeing as how the third was old when he died it is reasonable to guess that 50-70 years had passed since then. ("when he died" the he refers to the third not Madara)

So, I still believe that he is Obito just like I always have since the first time I saw him.

***SPOILERS***What does he get for lying to Sasuke telling him he's Madara...NOTHING
Also Madara is immortal...part demon

Kisame 04-02-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

*Spoilers*

He said it was because of his special chakra for the died of old age part.

Phenom 04-02-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keira-chan
Quote:

*Spoilers*

***SPOILERS***What does he get for lying to Sasuke telling him he's Madara...NOTHING
Also Madara is immortal...part demon

If Tobi is indeed someone other than Madara, I'm just going to refer to him as Obito to save me time, then he would actually get something from lying to Sasuke. Sasuke was told by Itachi that the third and final survivor was Madara. So, by lying to Sasuke he would be keeping his true identity a secret from Sasuke in order to use him for his own bidding.

Never heard/read about him being immortal/part demon, where is this stated?

SasoriAngel 04-05-2009 01:05 PM

**************SPOILER WARNING*************

Yea it does seem pretty obvious.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kisame

Yes, It's pretty obvious he's Madara.

kazekage81 04-05-2009 02:10 PM

*****SPOILER WARNING******

From what I've seen I am fairly positive that he is.
He cannot be Obito because Obito died from protecting Kakashi.

SasoriAngel 04-05-2009 03:25 PM

***************SPOILER WARNING*************

Yea Kazekage81 is right. Obito did die from protecting Kakashi. So yea Tobi has to be Madara.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekage81
*****SPOILER WARNING******

From what I've seen I am fairly positive that he is.
He cannot be Obito because Obito died from protecting Kakashi.

Augie Wargo 04-05-2009 03:31 PM

*spoiler*

I think Tobi is actually Danzo. Tobi knew about the orders given to Itachi and "helped" kill the Uchiha. Itachi was a member of Root and under Danzo's command. Danzo has the same hair cut as Tobi and wears a bandage over the eye that Tobi has exposed. If he stole an eye from a deceased Uchiha he'd always have a Sharingin much like Kikashi.

I think if Danzo controls Root and constantly faught over the village with the Third, he's probably a powerful enough ninja to create solid shadow clones or change his appearance to look like Madara. Tobi also never seems to fight only vanish and run away.

Kisame 04-05-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Augie Wargo
*spoiler*

I think Tobi is actually Danzo. Tobi knew about the orders given to Itachi and "helped" kill the Uchiha. Itachi was a member of Root and under Danzo's command. Danzo has the same hair cut as Tobi and wears a bandage over the eye that Tobi has exposed. If he stole an eye from a deceased Uchiha he'd always have a Sharingin much like Kikashi.

I think if Danzo controls Root and constantly faught over the village with the Third, he's probably a powerful enough ninja to create solid shadow clones or change his appearance to look like Madara. Tobi also never seems to fight only vanish and run away.

*******************SPOILERS*****************

Danzo killed the frog, so Naruto wouldn't return, but Tobi wanted Naruto there, so Pain could capture him.

kcneji009 04-05-2009 06:03 PM

*SPOILER* Tobi is Madara because in MAnga #440 it is revealed that Tobis is Madara 4 sure. 100%. Though its no the same body as the orginal Madara, it my be a reincarnation of him in obito, or any uchiha's body

sasukeluva123 04-05-2009 06:22 PM

i think tobi is obito...because if you look at the name 'obito', it has 'tobi' if you mess around with a words a little bit

Keira-chan 04-05-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasukeluva123
i think tobi is obito...because if you look at the name 'obito', it has 'tobi' if you mess around with a words a little bit

Lol, that's what I thought at first too because it made sense
But Tobi is Madara