Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Narutoverse (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Speed Tier Debate (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=132143)

Kishimomo 06-24-2013 04:07 PM

Speed Tier Debate

-The speeds of each character should be based on manga combat footspeed and quickness. Hype can also be used to a certain extent. For example, I think it's pretty logical to assume someone like Tobirama (who hasn't shown many speed feats) is faster than someone like Ino (:cool:).

Edit: Reaction Speed does count so yes it should factored in but not by much.
Here are my Suggested Percentages.
A.Footspeed 40%
B.Quickness 30%
C.Hype 10%
D.Reaction Speed 20%

HOLY SPIT FAST TIER
BM Naruto
BM Minato
KCM Naruto
Minato
V2 Ay (Raikage)
Obito
Gated Guy Sensei
V2 Killerbee

IMMENSE SPEED TIER
Cloaked Killerbee
Gated Rock Lee
Raikage (Ay)
Sage Hashirama
Sage Jiraiya
Hashirama
Madara Uchiha
Nagato
Sage Kabuto
Killerbee
Itachi Uchiha

GREAT SPEED TIER
Sasuke
Sage Naruto
3rd Raikage
Danzou Shimura
Guy Sensei
Kisame
V2 Kimmimaro
Tobirama
Sarutobi
Orochimaru
Hidan
Kakashi
Unweighted Rock Lee
Byakuyo Sakura
Jiraiya
Asuma
Kabuto
Zabuza
Tsunade

AVERAGE SPEED TIER
Neji Hyuuga
Kurenai
Shikamaru
Gaara

JLI2infinity 06-24-2013 05:57 PM

Re: Speed Tier Debate

How was Danzo's speed great, I didn't see any impressive speed feats out of him.

Gated Gai should be in the Holy Spit Tier, he has easily gone toe to toe with Obito. Why is Nagato in any speed tier? LOL he's crippled. Why is Madara in the immense speed tier when he's shown no speed feats, same for Hashirama. Madara blitzed some fodder, something Kakashi's did back in Gaiden when he was 12.

Other than that pretty accurate list.

topchef 06-24-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLI2infinity (Post 6749074)
How was Danzo's speed great, I didn't see any impressive speed feats out of him.

Gated Gai should be in the Holy Spit Tier, he has easily gone toe to toe with Obito. Why is Nagato in any speed tier? LOL he's crippled. Why is Madara in the immense speed tier when he's shown no speed feats, same for Hashirama. Madara blitzed some fodder, something Kakashi's did back in Gaiden when he was 12.

Dude I've been saying Madara has no good speed feats for a while and people always thought I was crazy for saying that. He's a stationery fighter from what was shown in the manga.

Danzo needs to be removed from the list. All he did was abuse izangi. He never dodged or kept up with Sasuke.

konoha chimp 06-24-2013 06:06 PM

Personally I don't see how a gated guy sensei is lower than Bee's v2

Wooster 06-24-2013 06:06 PM

Danzo speed blitzed Sasuke lightning blade, not just avoided, speed blitz. Sasuke was standing there with a dumb look on his face. It should be noted, Danzo probably has to have his Shishui sharingan active for this to work

Nagato isn't fast, but people think he somehow did something impressive by barely avoiding Naruto's rasenshuriken. :roll:

joon 06-24-2013 06:08 PM

I should make a list. A extremely acurate one. Who wants to help me? All you have to do, is PM me with feats and discuss.

Uchiha Sora 06-24-2013 06:10 PM

Madara was portrayed as a speedster.. By feats i'd put him in your "great speed" tier. Sage Naruto is most likely faster than Sasuke, Hiruzen has not displayed any noteworthy speed feats whatsoever

Tsunade in byakugo seems to be around SM Naruto's speed

Quote:

Danzo speed blitzed Sasuke lightning blade, not just avoided, speed blitz. Sasuke was standing there with a dumb look on his face. It should be noted, Danzo probably has to have his Shishui sharingan active for this to work
I usedd to reference this feat all the time. Turns out Sasuke's sharingan actually ran out due to exhaustion so he couldn't react.

Wooster 06-24-2013 06:13 PM

Sasuke's MS ran out, not his sharingan. Lightning blade requires sharigan, always has.

Kishimomo 06-24-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLI2infinity (Post 6749074)

-Moving Gai up.
-I put Nagato up high not because of his footspeed but his combat quickness. Nagato could easily react to KCM Naruto and KB simultaneously..
-I put Madara up that high because obviously he's fighting the Raikage (Ay) who is very fast so he by hype should be close.

Also: Sarutobi easily kept up with Orochimaru so he's pretty fast.

If anyone wants to take over this thread, please do so.

Uchiha Sora 06-24-2013 06:46 PM

@Wooster Nope, look back on it. 480 page 13. Sasuke doesn't have sharingan at all. Blank eyes. That IS what you're talking about right?

And Sharingan isn't required...it simply perfects chidori. All it does is enables the user to react while moving at the high speed chidori is used with. Which is kind of a plothole now that i think about it because many characters move even faster and don't have this vision problem

I think Minato is technically faster than Naruto with FTG. While he does need prep for it, he's technically much faster. And then his reaction speed in base was above KCM Naruto's.. because he casually reacted to A multiple times while Naruto struggled to some extent. Assuming BM increased his speed and reactions like it did for his son... he's still faster than naruto

Wooster 06-24-2013 07:02 PM

But he has his sharingan active in the next scene. I take it as the way it is drawn, not that Sasuke doesn't have sharingan. Sasuke would know that chidori is pointless against a competent opponent without using his sharingan, no way he try it without.

The only way his eyes could not be active would be if he is out of chakra, but as he just bit Karin, uses sharingain, electropole, more Susano'o and super arrows after, that is clearly not true.

Uchiha Sora 06-24-2013 07:20 PM

It seemed to be a subconcsious/involuntary deactivation of sharingan because he was shocked when danzo flew by him... logical or not, he didn't have sharingan when Danzo blitzed him, there's no denying it.

It was a hatred power up. Plus he only had one Mangekyo active when he speared Danzo which indicates there was an issue of some sort.. usually they'd close the other eye if they're only using one

It wasn't a chakra level problem but an eye-strain problem. Danzo said he used his eyes too much after he took Karin hostage on the bottom of page 13

Devils Lawyer 06-24-2013 09:43 PM

In feats Harishima is number 1. Then Minato after that probably Madara or Naruto. In general this list is twisted.

Wooster 06-24-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uchiha Sora (Post 6749151)
It seemed to be a subconcsious/involuntary deactivation of sharingan because he was shocked when danzo flew by him... logical or not, he didn't have sharingan when Danzo blitzed him, there's no denying it.

It was a hatred power up. Plus he only had one Mangekyo active when he speared Danzo which indicates there was an issue of some sort.. usually they'd close the other eye if they're only using one

It wasn't a chakra level problem but an eye-strain problem. Danzo said he used his eyes too much after he took Karin hostage on the bottom of page 13

MS requires a lot more than sharingan. There is no indication Sasuke ever dropped his sharingan. Relying on Kishi's drawings is always suspect. Regardless, Sasuke's speed is Sasuke's speed, Danzo blew past Sasuke, that cannot be denied.

Uchiha Sora 06-25-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooster (Post 6749224)
MS requires a lot more than sharingan. There is no indication Sasuke ever dropped his sharingan. Relying on Kishi's drawings is always suspect. Regardless, Sasuke's speed is Sasuke's speed, Danzo blew past Sasuke, that cannot be denied.

I see where your are coming from, but it clearly indicates Sasuke dropped sharingan. TWO panels Sasuke has a blank eye, one with a closer picture and more detailed blank eye. and in the next panel Danzo says he used hs eyes too much. And then Danzo clearly calls him useless because he could no longer use sharingan so shisui's eye would be better used on Tobi.

There's also the fact that one of his eyes was blank when he activated MS again.. which means his eyes were blank in the first place before reactivatingn MS

Sasuke was already striking with the chidori in that panel when Danzo had blown past him.. He was at the end of his lunge. they didn't run by eachother exactly

There's also the fact that Danzo and Sasuke were equal in speed up until then.. And Danzo on the verge of death is suddenly faster than Sasuke?

konoha chimp 06-25-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Lawyer (Post 6749218)
In feats Harishima is number 1. Then Minato after that probably Madara or Naruto. In general this list is twisted.

(awaits the coast to coast biju dama feat DL manages to pull out, somehow, in every single debate thread even when it isn't relevant :roll:)

Shinagato 06-25-2013 06:28 AM

Hehe, no-one's of average speed.

Also, the top tier's name.

Uchiha Sora 06-25-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Lawyer (Post 6749218)

Well not in speed, otherwise Hashirama would have gotten to the battlefield first.

Lets be real here, if hashirama was faster than Tobirama and Minato then they'd be... essentially useless

Devils Lawyer 06-25-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konoha chimp (Post 6749484)
(awaits the coast to coast biju dama feat DL manages to pull out, somehow, in every single debate thread even when it isn't relevant :roll:)

Sounds like butthurt to me. Might need some anal pain cream.:lol:

Devils Lawyer 06-25-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uchiha Sora (Post 6749492)
Well not in speed, otherwise Hashirama would have gotten to the battlefield first.

Lets be real here, if hashirama was faster than Tobirama and Minato then they'd be... essentially useless

Harishima is faster than Tobirama he is a useless character. But Minato you are right that. Minato did what Harishim did casually.

Lol at madara being that deep in the list.