Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Video Game Central (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed! (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=131970)

BlackWingedJace 06-19-2013 02:55 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/mi...-dr/1100-4673/
In short, there is no online requirment, no 24 hour checks, and game sharing.

Sagepain 06-19-2013 02:57 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
Yeah, I saw this. Thats good for the xbox fans. I might get one now, but before this it was pretty much off limits.

I'm still getting the PS4 first though as its cheaper.

The Game 06-19-2013 03:23 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
It's a miracle!

LoneNino 06-19-2013 03:38 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
Smart move by Microsoft. They knew that the PS4 was going to kill them in the sales. However, this still doesn't make me want to buy one because I don't want that kinect sensor thing looking at me the whole time. Plus, it costs more than the PS4.

ILIKEPIE 06-19-2013 03:41 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
the fan response scared their projected sales and they were forced to make this move

Hidden Ninja45 06-19-2013 04:05 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
Looks like i'll end up getting an Xbox One after all.

Mekuto 06-19-2013 04:18 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneNino (Post 6744469)
Smart move by Microsoft. They knew that the PS4 was going to kill them in the sales. However, this still doesn't make me want to buy one because I don't want that kinect sensor thing looking at me the whole time. Plus, it costs more than the PS4.

It doesn't watch you the whole time and it doesn't relay back what you say while the console it in standby mode or you shut the feed back off. As for the price you are getting the Kinect with the system where as you have to buy the PS4 move.

TheBeastMode 06-19-2013 04:52 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
I don't get this.. Please explain :(

Cloukora 06-19-2013 05:36 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneNino (Post 6744469)
Smart move by Microsoft. They knew that the PS4 was going to kill them in the sales. However, this still doesn't make me want to buy one because I don't want that kinect sensor thing looking at me the whole time. Plus, it costs more than the PS4.

Or you could turn it around and have it face the wall or throw a towel over it?

Shikamaru Nara 06-19-2013 06:56 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloukora (Post 6744532)
Or you could turn it around and have it face the wall or throw a towel over it?

It doesn't change the fact that you're paying 100 extra dollars for something that you don't want. Why would I waste my money so I can worry about covering it up? Still getting PS4. There was no DRM policy (although they're allowing developers to determine that) to begin with and no Kinect.

Leafy 06-19-2013 07:25 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
Still getting PS4 because Sony all day er'day

Cloukora 06-19-2013 07:46 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara (Post 6744566)
It doesn't change the fact that you're paying 100 extra dollars for something that you don't want. Why would I waste my money so I can worry about covering it up? Still getting PS4. There was no DRM policy (although they're allowing developers to determine that) to begin with and no Kinect.

I wasn't meaning it to solve the having a Kinect problem. It was because I thought he thinks the Kinect is some kind of spy camera, since he said "Having that kinect sensor look at me the whole time" so if that's why he said it, then my point still stands. If he means just having it, then I misunderstood and retract my statement xD

Shikamaru Nara 06-20-2013 06:33 AM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
Well not wanting the sensor looking at you kind of means that you don't want it. :lol:

BMC1994 06-20-2013 08:36 AM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILIKEPIE (Post 6744471)
the fan response scared their projected sales and they were forced to make this move

^This

Fanboys shouldnt praise microsoft for 'listening to their clients feedback'.

They had no choice they either had to remove all the ridiculous restrictions OR watch their xbox 180 getting massacered / solo'd by sony.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hidden Ninja45 (Post 6744479)
Looks like i'll end up getting an Xbox One after all.

I wouldnt get your hopes up too soon.

Look how easily they flip flopped to the other side who says that once they build a stable userbase they dont pull that ;);););) again.

The fine print that pretty much says microsoft can change anything they want whenever the **** they want it doesnt help either.

Jakropha 06-20-2013 09:34 AM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
This just further instills me to not get any 6th gen console.

Bacon 06-20-2013 10:11 AM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
Dont worry

Xbox wins the next gen too

:P


:lol:

AeoKyn 06-20-2013 11:33 AM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMC1994 (Post 6744851)
The fine print that pretty much says microsoft can change anything they want whenever the **** they want it doesnt help either.

All fine print pretty much says this, microsoft is not the only one. Sony does the same thing, nintendo does the same thing. It's a contract, that's usually how things are worded =P

It is nice to hear that this policy is being changed overall.
Them changing back is as likely as ps4 following suit.

BMC1994 06-20-2013 01:52 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
Ps4 doesnt have the infrastructure to do that if sony is going that way it will be next gen not this one.

Yes but microsoft has made use of it before their console even released. Thats not a good sign.

Devils Lawyer 06-20-2013 02:28 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
My overall thought is both consoles needs access to all their titles in the online store. It would be a smart move to make previous gen games available for download.

Idekal 06-20-2013 03:15 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Xbox One DRM policy removed!
 
You should be able to, like original Xbox games on the 360.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.