Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Forum Feedback & Issues (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Feedback: Delete accounts that haven't been used in 1 Year (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=131401)

Sir Michael 06-01-2013 11:27 PM

Delete accounts that haven't been used in 1 Year

I know it isn't needed, but I thought it could be discussed and have holes poked through it.

ino>sakura! 06-01-2013 11:31 PM

Re: Delete accounts that haven't been used in 1 Year

Nah people come back it would just make complications.

Sir Michael 06-01-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ino>sakura! (Post 6724176)
Nah people come back it would just make complications.

Well, what if the account was put in a mode, that it was no longer active, but if you contact an Admin, they would reinstate it?

Sagepain 06-01-2013 11:57 PM

Only if the account in question has zero posts. Otherwise, I wouldin't recommend something like this. A lot of users take a break from the forums or simply forgot about it and come back later. Its just too little incentive that comes with undesirable issues. Just my opinion on this suggestion.

Shikamaru Nara 06-02-2013 08:36 AM

I've never really been a fan of this just because it sucks to prune accounts and then have a batch of people complaining because they wanted to come back. However, I think we already have an account pruning process that if you don't post and you have zero posts on and account your account will be deleted.

It says that, but I'm not sure what's being done to enforce it.

BlackWingedJace 06-03-2013 08:17 AM

How about a hibernate mode? It minimizes to nothing in a condensed state, but reactivates with log-on.

joon 06-03-2013 08:36 AM

Not really a point to this.

Shikamaru Nara 06-03-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackWingedJace (Post 6726089)
How about a hibernate mode? It minimizes to nothing in a condensed state, but reactivates with log-on.

Didn't know vB had this feature.

UnDeAd Hikari 06-03-2013 01:30 PM

I just came back after 'bout a year. Think of how disappointed I would have been to find my account gone? I've spent a lot of time on this forum.

Ironscout4 06-03-2013 02:45 PM

yeah people take breaks and can be busy so there is noneed but maybe if they have like 20 posts instead of 0 it can be deleted because i have seen people who post 20 times and just dissapear and go.

Kyo Yasanagi 06-03-2013 03:51 PM

honestly the only ones that should be deleted is the ones that are permanently banned or super banned

BlackWingedJace 06-04-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara (Post 6726340)
Didn't know vB had this feature.

Not that I know, but I bet it can be programmed in.

Rouge Uchiha18 06-04-2013 07:18 AM

This is the most stupid idea. Some ppl return after 2-3 yrs, like anru uzumaki. What if you deleted his account? -.-

Throw Rasen-Shuriken 06-04-2013 07:53 AM

Anru made a new account actually at first, since at one point there was both his Anru account and Naruto117 account. Also not the best example of a person to use..
Just saying, since there's others that have been off longer then him like a 2009 member completely forgot that they even started an account and only re-realised then finally, late last year..actually logged on. I know, I had to help them with all the rules and that, lolz.

Rouge Uchiha18 06-04-2013 08:05 AM

Fine, Innersakura. She was gone for 3 yrs. And I know why, she'd have been upset if her account got deleted. Anru merged his accounts, what if his naruto account got deleted he would've had been seen as a "newbie" on his account anru uzumaki. And obviously he isn't the smartest when it comes to rules. But this isn't about if he knows the rules or whatever.

LilHinataGirl 06-04-2013 08:13 AM

Nah leave em be.

Miss Bella Rose 06-26-2013 05:46 AM

I'm actually very satisfied with the idea that people are allowed to keep their account running, even after having been gone for a large amount of time. Personally, I haven't been around much and I'm glad my account is still active. It wouldn't be a problem though, because I could always make a new account -no big deal. Surely, like many of you have posted, some people come and go as they please, are active for some time and then leave again. But those who perpetually show signs of misconduct should just have their accounts removed.

Shikamaru Nara 06-26-2013 06:39 AM

Usually when people show signs of misconduct or ignore certain edicts they're just banned. You'd either have to do something incredibly bad or have a good reason to request it for us to delete your account.

Akamichi 06-30-2013 06:33 PM

Well, it takes up space for the accounts no longer used.

Ashen 06-30-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akamichi (Post 6755051)
Well, it takes up space for the accounts no longer used.

The amount of space any one account takes up is almost inconsequentially small and not even a speck of a problem right now.