Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Series Discussion (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=239)
-   -   Trafalgar Law character discussion thread (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=128343)

Fighting_dreamer 03-19-2013 03:13 PM

Trafalgar Law character discussion thread

Law>>Too good to be true!!
So many questions surrounding him. Is he really after One Piece? Why did he save Luffy? Has he got any ties with the revolutionary army? What are his true goals? Discuss. Theories are welcomed :D
+
He knows something about the will of D; ''I wonder what the Dark King's up to...the 'D' will always bring a storm without fail''

Bacon 03-19-2013 03:50 PM

Re: Trafalgar Law character discussion thread

I always assumed he saved luffy because he liked luffy. There wasn't much more to it than him being there on a whim.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato 03-19-2013 03:52 PM

Reading the recent chapters, I think he's even waiting to build an alliance with a strong team. And to take down Yonkous. Doesn't really seem like he is after the One Piece.

Fighting_dreamer 03-19-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacon (Post 6581552)
I always assumed he saved luffy because he liked luffy. There wasn't much more to it than him being there on a whim.

Yeah I currently hold the 'whim theory' too. Law liked Luffy's performance at the Sabaody Archipelago :D
He probably thought Luffy was the best candidate for a future alliance from the supernovas...

Maruko 03-19-2013 04:07 PM

He gave them Vivre cards so that when he finds One Piece he'll follow them. :lol:

Fighting_dreamer 03-19-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakashi Hatake_Yamato (Post 6581558)
Reading the recent chapters, I think he's even waiting to build an alliance with a strong team. And to take down Yonkous. Doesn't really seem like he is after the One Piece.

Yes, he probably figured that early on in Sabaodi...he is smart!

I wouldn't have thought that either if it wasn't that one scene in which he comments to his crew that One Piece isn't going anywhere...do you recall that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maruko (Post 6581589)
He gave them Vivre cards so that when he finds One Piece he'll follow them. :lol:

hehehehe...that sounds like something Usopp would do :P

traguy999 06-03-2013 07:18 PM

I think that Law was a former world noble slave. It's not really noticeable, but Law hates being told what to do. Like boa Hancock, he hates being under someone elses control, like how he kept talking Kid off.
And he knew Doflamingo, known for owning thatvslave human shop on Saboady. he also hates having anything around his wrists and neck (his outfit 2 years before especially open at those areas) he was also the one who freed Jean-Bart, the celestial dragons slave and even offered him to join his crew, whole kid, who preached about the evils of slavery didn't do anything out of his way for the slaves.
He also bears a resemblance to Captain Blood (as I noticed from another site) which is in hairy a doctor who becomes the captain of a group of pirates who all were once slaves. It's kind of far-fetched but if you look for it it's there.

Fighting_dreamer 06-04-2013 07:00 PM

Welcome to the viz forum :D.

He may well have been a slave. We know so little about this past. But he sure hates the marine.

That might also explain why he saved Luffy later on (probably was impressed with how Luffy stood up against the nobles at Sabaody).

At the moment, Law is one of the coolest characters in One Piece :D.