Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Debate Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   WWE Real or not? (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=126465)

FireShadow 02-09-2013 08:53 AM

WWE Real or not?

More like i want evidence it is fake? :) Leave your attitude at the door haha. xD

Rouge Uchiha18 02-09-2013 08:55 AM

Re: WWE Real or not?

WWE smack down?

FireShadow 02-09-2013 09:01 AM

Yes, correct ;)

Maikeru D. Shinigami 02-09-2013 09:11 AM

The show says that is entertainment. It's even in the title (WWE = World Wrestling Entertainment). It's highly scripted, you can even see that they sometimes miss hits even though their opponent falls down or something. The weapons are specially made to decrease the amount of harm they do. They are paid to make things look real. That said, their are still real hazards in there. You can mess up easily so some of the attacks and injuries can be real.

e710 02-09-2013 09:54 AM

Its fake. If you get smacked across the face with a metal chair by someone who was 200+ pounds of steroid muscle you'd be knocked out.

konoha chimp 02-09-2013 10:00 AM

`I would simply tell you to watch a video clip of a REAL athletic wrestling competition, then watch some WWE and compare the two.

FireShadow 02-09-2013 10:30 AM

Hmm ok i thought so. I guess people just watch it for the characters, like any other show. :)

konoha chimp 02-09-2013 10:35 AM

I don't see why people don't just watch boxing or Ufc if they like WWE and find it entertaining. I mean both sports also have much excitement and many cool characters in and above all else, it's real!

Vivi 02-09-2013 11:45 AM

It's not completely fake but yes scripted.

EG:
Blading in Wrestling is intentionally cutting yourself with a knife in order to provoke bleeding.

That knife is mostly held by the Refs and is handed to Wrestlers mostly unnoticed.

Check out Hogans Wrestling shows cause Vince ticked off as it revealed too much of how it works.

Not everything is scripted though, Punk's Promo was unscripted as example.

BMC1994 02-09-2013 12:16 PM

Like everyone else said most of it is scripted although a small mistake can actually result in a painfull injury.

Theyre like stuntmen its scripted and have safety as priority but things can still go wrong.

Rouge Uchiha18 02-09-2013 12:18 PM

Never got time to post back, its fake. No one gets wacked over the head with a metal chair and dies on tv.

Miss Kitty 02-09-2013 12:47 PM

It's basically a soap opera for men. :lol: There is still the chance of having injuries, but all I ever see when I happen to flip the channel by it, is a bunch of yapping. WAY too scripted. But I must say, The Rock is hawt. P:

Shisko Shi 02-09-2013 12:49 PM

Well it isn't wrestling.... It doesn't even deserve that in the name... And it is faked but they do actully hit each other. But not like the UFC that is real this is faked but still real blood. They play it out acting if you will. Liek the retared guy on it. He isn't really retarded. Nither is Kane really like that.

Also Chimp Boxing is slowly dying anyways. Most just go to UFC and other MMA sponsers because they can do more and more of a challenge. Still avtive though.

Memitim 02-09-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireShadow (Post 6483359)
More like i want evidence it is fake? :) Leave your attitude at the door haha. xD

It may be scripted, but never use the word "fake" to describe anything involved in the business. There are too many dead or broken down to ignore and be disrespected with that word.

Maruko 02-09-2013 01:19 PM

It's more real than my girlfriend. :lol:

Noctis Arashi 02-09-2013 01:21 PM

It exists. Therefore, it is not fake.

Requesting lock.

Shisko Shi 02-09-2013 01:21 PM

^ lmao
scripted means it isn't real fighting. But planed. So it is an a way 'Fake'.

Saiyan 02-09-2013 04:16 PM

Wrestling's fake

- Vegeta

Maikeru D. Shinigami 02-09-2013 04:37 PM

Actually, Noctis is right. It's not like WWE doesn't exist. Also, there is no way you can call it fake. There are cases where it is real.

moonwatcher 02-09-2013 04:42 PM

*fake* is not a word I would go around saying about wrestling. That's all.