Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Anyone play SWTOR? (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=126250)

Jinchiruuki 02-04-2013 03:37 PM

Anyone play SWTOR?
 
In title. Do you? It's free to play so if anyone was thinking about playing let me know and I can help you out.

ObitoUchiha 02-04-2013 03:42 PM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
For some reason I see 'SWTOR' and think 'QWOP'.

Also, I haven't. May check it out. :D

Jinchiruuki 02-04-2013 03:48 PM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
It's surprisingly fun. Especially for PVP.

Bacon 02-04-2013 03:50 PM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
Probably a dumb question,but is there a cash shop and does it break the game's fun factor?

Jakropha 02-04-2013 04:42 PM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
Bacon, not a dumb question.

Runescape did that, and it completely ruined the game.

Bacon 02-04-2013 04:52 PM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakropha (Post 6474274)
Bacon, not a dumb question.

Runescape did that, and it completely ruined the game.

Ahh I know it's not dumb,but probably dumb hoping the devs made it fun for free :mrgreen:

but yea, how does this game's cash shop affect how you play the game?

moonwatcher 02-04-2013 04:58 PM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
Looks down.. sorry but what game is this?

Jakropha 02-04-2013 04:59 PM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
I remember WoW had twinks, where when you maxed out, and bought an item from their store, you could get twink items.

Which basically made it a super easy advantage early game.

LoL has it, might as well assume that sooner or later, it will have a way to buy everything with cash...

Hando Craap 02-04-2013 06:18 PM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki (Post 6474116)
In title. Do you? It's free to play so if anyone was thinking about playing let me know and I can help you out.

Star Wars The Old Republic?:mrgreen:
Free To Play?
Since when?:shock:
If it's free Meesa Wanna Wooga?!!?

loganace 02-04-2013 07:02 PM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
If you look on any youtube video it is plastered on the advirtisements:
NOW FREE TO PLAY!
Xd

But yea, I play it.

Jinchiruuki 02-04-2013 07:14 PM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacon (Post 6474153)
Probably a dumb question,but is there a cash shop and does it break the game's fun factor?

There is but it doesn't break the fun factor. The only thing that does is that free to play players are limited on a few things (obviously to encourage subbing). Even when free to play though it is still fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakropha (Post 6474274)
Bacon, not a dumb question.

Runescape did that, and it completely ruined the game.

Ugh Runescape.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacon (Post 6474287)
Ahh I know it's not dumb,but probably dumb hoping the devs made it fun for free :mrgreen:

but yea, how does this game's cash shop affect how you play the game?

Cash shop (Cartel Market is what it is called in this game) provides unlocks of gear, consumables, packs etc etc. Cartel coins are bought or earned via subbing. Most of it is for fun and kicks but you can get some nice sets of gear to help leveling easier and more fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonwatcher (Post 6474303)
Looks down.. sorry but what game is this?

Star Wars xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakropha (Post 6474305)
I remember WoW had twinks, where when you maxed out, and bought an item from their store, you could get twink items.

Which basically made it a super easy advantage early game.

LoL has it, might as well assume that sooner or later, it will have a way to buy everything with cash...

I made so many twinks in WoW. Back before they revamped the entire system I had like 6 lvl 19 twinks.

Once WOTLK came out I made a couple 60 twinks too. Though I gathered all the gear and what not myself xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hando Craap (Post 6474482)
Star Wars The Old Republic?:mrgreen:
Free To Play?
Since when?:shock:
If it's free Meesa Wanna Wooga?!!?

For a while now xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by loganace (Post 6474629)
If you look on any youtube video it is plastered on the advirtisements:
NOW FREE TO PLAY!
Xd

But yea, I play it.

Nice what server? I'm on the Bastion.

Wooster 02-04-2013 07:47 PM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
Play Tera with me instead Jin, it's free-to-play too

Bacon 02-04-2013 07:55 PM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
Quote:

Cash shop (Cartel Market is what it is called in this game) provides unlocks of gear, consumables, packs etc etc. Cartel coins are bought or earned via subbing. Most of it is for fun and kicks but you can get some nice sets of gear to help leveling easier and more fun.
I'll look into it. Most games I've experienced are basically demos until you buy into the game because they make getting great loot a statistical impossibility as a free person or there are just some features which flat out need to be bought.

Deadfrontier is an especially bad example, the money flow tapers at level 20/200 and its impossible to get mid tier weapons or even high tier food. I mean we're not even talking about machine guns and sniper rifles, we're talking good canned foods to sustain yourself for christ's sake.

Other games like conquer online make finding dragonballs to enchant your weapon impossible for similar reasons, except it was possible to find them, if you mined afk for 30 hours >_>

moonwatcher 02-04-2013 11:28 PM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
*slams head*

Errr duh...
:lol:
My bad

KyuubiAkatsuki 02-04-2013 11:36 PM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
I've been playing KOTOR but not SWTOR. My brother's trying to get me to play it though.

Maruko 02-05-2013 12:02 AM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
Might download now that it's free.
Also, how's Tera?

Shisko Shi 02-05-2013 12:10 AM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
Let me sum this up for you I do not know what iti s BUT...
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...n04yo1_400.jpg

Jinchiruuki 02-05-2013 07:10 PM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooster (Post 6474756)
Play Tera with me instead Jin, it's free-to-play too


Hell no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacon (Post 6474772)
I'll look into it. Most games I've experienced are basically demos until you buy into the game because they make getting great loot a statistical impossibility as a free person or there are just some features which flat out need to be bought.

Deadfrontier is an especially bad example, the money flow tapers at level 20/200 and its impossible to get mid tier weapons or even high tier food. I mean we're not even talking about machine guns and sniper rifles, we're talking good canned foods to sustain yourself for christ's sake.

Other games like conquer online make finding dragonballs to enchant your weapon impossible for similar reasons, except it was possible to find them, if you mined afk for 30 hours >_>

SWTOR is relatively easy to pick up, and is no where near as time consuming, making it that much more fun.

Unless you want the incessant grind. xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonwatcher (Post 6475097)
*slams head*

Errr duh...
:lol:
My bad

Rofl

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyuubiAkatsuki (Post 6475110)
I've been playing KOTOR but not SWTOR. My brother's trying to get me to play it though.

KOTOR?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maruko (Post 6475135)
Might download now that it's free.
Also, how's Tera?

Do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shisko Shi (Post 6475145)
Let me sum this up for you I do not know what iti s BUT...
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...n04yo1_400.jpg

I quit that game a while ago. Mists of Panderp killed it for me.
Though I had played WoW since it's release and until the end of cataclysm so it was only a matter of time before I got sick of it.

Shisko Shi 02-05-2013 07:14 PM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
I loved Wow, but my compter sucks... so I can't do raids. But Mist was't that bad. But Cata should be last based on how it seemed.

Wooster 02-05-2013 07:18 PM

Re: Anyone play SWTOR?
 
Stupid Mists, it made a mediocre game crap. ;~;


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.