Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Naruto Anime Discussion (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Confusing Inconsistencies (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=126133)

Sven Boogie 02-01-2013 08:13 PM

Confusing Inconsistencies
 
At various points, particularly early on, extremely urgent, crucial messages are sent by carrier hawk/pigeon. This ends up directly effecting major events as it takes some time for messages to be relayed to other towns. Later, we see that they have not only extremely long distance video conferencing technology (which for some reason is shown to run on a 'battery' despite being in a powered building) but in fact technology to REMOTELY TRANSMIT MESSAGES ANYWHERE BY THOUGHT ALONE.

Extremely important, time sensitive journeys are frequently made by... walking places. This despite that we are routinely shown that extremely fast modes of transportation are available.
Spoiler:
For instance, when Gaara gets kidnapped, they simply walk across the entire desert, despite there being A GIANT BIRD WITH THEM.


Spoiler:
When Naruto gets his kyuubi chakra training, they go into detail about why he MUST NOT use shadow clones in this mode or he'll die. One of the very first things he does after leaving the training area is to use shadow clones in 9 tails chakra mode.


Spoiler:
"Madara" transplants Itachi's Mangekyō Sharingan eyes into Sasuke. The reanimated Itachi still has his eyes perfectly intact, complete with Mangekyō Sharingan.


Spoiler:
"Tobi" had absolutely nothing whatsoever to gain by initiating the 'fourth great ninja war.' It did not in any way help with achieving the 'Eye of the Moon' plan, in fact, it greatly hindered it and may prove to be the undoing of it. He could have simply brought the Ten Tails back without ever initiating war, and would have had nothing at all stopping him. The only point of the war at all seems to be that it provided some action and grand conflict to the storyline.

e710 02-01-2013 08:45 PM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sven Boogie (Post 6468202)
At various points, particularly early on, extremely urgent, crucial messages are sent by carrier hawk/pigeon. This ends up directly effecting major events as it takes some time for messages to be relayed to other towns. Later, we see that they have not only extremely long distance video conferencing technology (which for some reason is shown to run on a 'battery' despite being in a powered building) but in fact technology to REMOTELY TRANSMIT MESSAGES ANYWHERE BY THOUGHT ALONE.

Extremely important, time sensitive journeys are frequently made by... walking places. This despite that we are routinely shown that extremely fast modes of transportation are available.
Spoiler:
For instance, when Gaara gets kidnapped, they simply walk across the entire desert, despite there being A GIANT BIRD WITH THEM.


Spoiler:
When Naruto gets his kyuubi chakra training, they go into detail about why he MUST NOT use shadow clones in this mode or he'll die. One of the very first things he does after leaving the training area is to use shadow clones in 9 tails chakra mode.

Deidara and Sasori go hard as sheet they don't need to fly.:cool:

With the Kyuubi chakra Bee said that Kurama will suck up your chakra if you use clones but I think Kurama made a deal to not kill Naruto or something.

Sven Boogie 02-01-2013 08:52 PM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by e710 (Post 6468237)
Deidara and Sasori go hard as sheet they don't need to fly.:cool:

With the Kyuubi chakra Bee said that Kurama will suck up your chakra if you use clones but I think Kurama made a deal to not kill Naruto or something.

That was merely one example among dozens (plus you didn't exactly provide a convincing explanation...)

The deal you mention never happened, at least in the anime.

Sasori 02-02-2013 05:15 AM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sven Boogie (Post 6468257)
That was merely one example among dozens (plus you didn't exactly provide a convincing explanation...)

The deal you mention never happened, at least in the anime.

Common sense really. If Naruto dies then the Kyuubi dies as well, so the Kyuubi will not suck up all his chakra.

konoha chimp 02-02-2013 05:38 AM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasori (Post 6468559)
Common sense really. If Naruto dies then the Kyuubi dies as well, so the Kyuubi will not suck up all his chakra.

That's not true?

konoha chimp 02-02-2013 05:40 AM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
Also Edo Tensei re animates the person at the last point before they died, so Itachi would have his MS because he died with his MS although it is shown to be possible to also change someones age when being summoned by Edo Tensei e.g.
Spoiler:
Madara being revived in his prime

Vivi 02-02-2013 06:01 AM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by konoha chimp (Post 6468588)
That's not true?

Need to find the page but the Kyuubi itself said something in that regards.

konoha chimp 02-02-2013 06:10 AM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivi (Post 6468600)
Need to find the page but the Kyuubi itself said something in that regards.

I thought that if the Jinchuriki died than the tail beast would be released until there was a new host?

S H A 02-02-2013 08:00 AM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
The 9 tails at one point stopped taking Naruto's energy. It was shown very clearly in the anime btw.

Sven Boogie 02-02-2013 02:35 PM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by S H A (Post 6468650)
The 9 tails at one point stopped taking Naruto's energy. It was shown very clearly in the anime btw.

When? What episode?

???

Still curious to hear where exactly in the anime it was 'shown very clearly.'

Sven Boogie 02-02-2013 02:36 PM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasori (Post 6468559)
Common sense really. If Naruto dies then the Kyuubi dies as well, so the Kyuubi will not suck up all his chakra.

It is directly stated in detail in the anime that he will.

Sven Boogie 02-02-2013 10:15 PM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
Oh, and...

Spoiler:
We're supposed to view Itachi now as someone who decided he was for peace and only wanted to protect the village, etc. That doesn't really explain why he chose to mercilessly torture Kakashi for (what to him was) several days of extreme pain. He could easily have just used the sharingan to incapacitate him while escaping without the level of horror he put him through.

Sven Boogie 02-03-2013 03:44 PM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
Well, I just took a minute to google 'naruto plot holes...' dear god...

Drake_Stephens 02-03-2013 06:59 PM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sven Boogie (Post 6472154)
Well, I just took a minute to google 'naruto plot holes...' dear god...

bad mistake there are tons bud. Oh and when he and the 9 tails fought for the 9 tails chakra. Naruto then seal the 9 tails with some type of things and separated the other chakra away from him. He wasn't fighting the 9 tails for it anymore that's why he wasn't sucking up all his chakra.

Sven Boogie 02-03-2013 07:57 PM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake_Stephens (Post 6472818)
bad mistake there are tons bud. Oh and when he and the 9 tails fought for the 9 tails chakra. Naruto then seal the 9 tails with some type of things and separated the other chakra away from him. He wasn't fighting the 9 tails for it anymore that's why he wasn't sucking up all his chakra.

That is incorrect. Earlier it is explained that simply being able to get the 9 tails' chakra and the 9 tails feeding off Naruto's are separate issues. In order to avoid this, Naruto would have to make a deal/become friends with the 9 tails and convince him not to feed off his chakra. This does happen later in the manga, but in the anime it has not yet happened. Despite this, immediately after his training, Naruto makes over 100 clones, ALL OF WHICH are in 9 tails chakra mode constantly for an extended period after that.

EDIT: Exact (albeit translated) quote from episode 277

8 Tails: "Naruto may have learned to use 9 tails' chakra mode, but he hasn't made the 9 tails his friend. Nine tails continues to sap Naruto's chakra. When Naruto's chakra reaches 0, he'll die."

Rikudo-Sennin Kage 02-03-2013 11:34 PM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
Well because of ninjutsu and other ninja techniques, maybe the birds got trained to move at incredible speed. Like the Ninja Theory, everyone and every creature has charkra. So the birds might have a lot of charkra and managed to fly faster and quicker as they were trained than normal birds. (Just a theory)

Sven Boogie 02-04-2013 12:19 AM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikudo-Sennin Kage (Post 6473295)
Well because of ninjutsu and other ninja techniques, maybe the birds got trained to move at incredible speed. Like the Ninja Theory, everyone and every creature has charkra. So the birds might have a lot of charkra and managed to fly faster and quicker as they were trained than normal birds. (Just a theory)

Or because he hadn't thought of the whole instant transmission of thoughts thing yet, and just added it later regardless of whether it makes any sense or not...

ILIKEPIE 02-04-2013 12:47 AM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
I never understand why people complain about Itachi's eyes when Deidara blew up his entire body and was still revived by the edo

Yasmine 02-14-2013 05:16 AM

Re: Confusing Inconsistencies
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by e710 (Post 6468237)
Deidara and Sasori go hard as sheet they don't need to fly.:cool:

With the Kyuubi chakra Bee said that Kurama will suck up your chakra if you use clones but I think Kurama made a deal to not kill Naruto or something.

LOL, I agree with this one.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.