Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Creative Corner (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Psyche Metier (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=124627)

Maikeru D. Shinigami 01-02-2013 01:04 AM

Psyche Metier

Prologue
The Journal Of Enoch Baler

A thousand years ago, one would have been laughed at for believing in alien abductions. In the thirty-first century though, you would not only not be laughed at, but you would be considered normal. In the year 3005, the existence of aliens and aliens abductions are common knowledge.

Were the aliens as evil or good as some liked to believe? No, but also yes. You may have already felt this would be obvious, but like our race of humans, aliens too have their good eggs and their bad eggs. The problem is figuring out whether the risk of having them around is worth letting them live on Earth.

In our time, there is a race of alien species called the Exots. They possess unimaginable power that could either be the greatest gift or the most horrible curse. What is this power you ask? Well, let's just say that when I finish this journal entry, I do not know if I will be alive long enough to finish another one. I can only be thankful that the time machine invention was successful. For without it, the entire planet could be doomed.

I fear this thing they mention, these Mind Wars. There is no telling how horrible this situation could turn out. Everyone fears it. Day after day, the streets become less crowded as more and more people decide not to work out of fear of the outside world. The main professions that exist now are the ones that can be found online. However, due to the high demand for online jobs, the pay rates are fairly low and many people can't afford to survive or to leave their homes.

There is one business that has flourished in these times though, and it's not the one you might think of. I happen to be a member of this profession. I am a psychologist. As you watch the tape with this entry, you will grow to understand why psychology has become such a major field of study. For every day, I travel to people's homes and speak to them about their problems. That seems to be all that exists with people anymore, problems. This tape is a unique evolutionary item, which was created straight from the deepest chasms of my memory. It includes details that I would not be able to recall any other way.

I will end this entry, by telling you that my name is Enoch Baler. I graduated from the University of Havin (Maryland in 2005), at the age of 22, which was six years ago. My goal was to save this world from its impending fate, but I never realized just how difficult that would be. If you do not receive a letter from me within the next ten years, I have just one very important task that I would like you to do. Create the time machine. For without it, the world may end in 3005.

From the desk of:
Enoch Baler

A journal entry (above) and a tape were all that were found of these events. Until further intel is received, we cannot guarantee the survival of the human race. Nine years have passed since the day these items were received, and it has begun to cause panic for all those who know.

As the tape began, a man lied down on a leather sofa in a completely closed off room, aside from a door on the back corner. A coffee table sat between the couch and a leather recliner where another man sat with a pencil and notepad. The room was barren, aside from a small plant which sat in the front corner across from the door. Sitting in the recliner, was Enoch Baler, who started the session with a simple question, "So, Aster, what is on your mind?"

Enoch Baler:

AgentShayd 01-02-2013 01:18 AM

Re: Psyche Metier

Nice! I like it!

Azal 01-02-2013 01:20 AM

Isn't he a bit too badass looking to be a psychologist :lol:

anyways it seems like a really interesting story. Definitely will keep reading

BoxHead 01-02-2013 11:50 AM

Gaddummit, I already have enough trouble with reading 2 stories and writing another 2. Calm down, cowpoke!

Maikeru D. Shinigami 01-02-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentShayd (Post 6407127)
Nice! I like it!

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by azal852 (Post 6407128)
Isn't he a bit too badass looking to be a psychologist :lol:

anyways it seems like a really interesting story. Definitely will keep reading

Well, psychologists can look like whatever, and this is technically 3005.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoxHead (Post 6407442)
Gaddummit, I already have enough trouble with reading 2 stories and writing another 2. Calm down, cowpoke!

5 stories actually. This, my harem-romance, Code 1001: Vigilante, Rocky Raiders and of course, Power Surge. If I were to take Key Point and Survival Apocalypse off of hiatus, I could have seven and release a chapter for a different one each day.

P.S. This story is inspired by Vademon.

Bacon 01-02-2013 01:09 PM

..............Finish yer other projects before moving on to another xD

Devroux 01-02-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maikeru D. Shinigami (Post 6407555)
Thanks.

Well, psychologists can look like whatever, and this is technically 3005.

5 stories actually. This, my harem-romance, Code 1001: Vigilante, Rocky Raiders and of course, Power Surge. If I were to take Key Point and Survival Apocalypse off of hiatus, I could have seven and release a chapter for a different one each day.

P.S. This story is inspired by Vademon.

Do it. One each day. GOGOGO.

CrackFat 01-05-2013 12:46 PM

I'm already done reading!? What the hell Maik? I need more. ;~;

Maikeru D. Shinigami 01-05-2013 12:49 PM

I've been kind of cutting back on chapter lengths to get more people to read.

CrackFat 01-05-2013 12:51 PM

I see, well I really really really liked it. Job well done.

Maikeru D. Shinigami 01-05-2013 12:55 PM

Thank you. `:P

Maikeru D. Shinigami 01-06-2013 08:04 PM

Sorry, I don't think I'm going to keep up with my schedule today. With the mixture of NFL Playoffs and trying to decide the outline for this chapter, I just need some more to decide how to proceed into the juice of the story.

Maikeru D. Shinigami 02-02-2013 11:34 PM

Chapter 1
Redundant Attractions

Enoch say in his chair awaiting Aster's response. Enoch had a very odd appearance for a psychologist, even in those times. He had shoulder length white hair along with grey eyes, though his right eye was completely covered with a leather eye patch. The eye patch itself was also unique as the leather covered his entire forehead behind his bangs and a strap went under his eyes. The strap under his left eye was studded as was the area just above his left eye. On his chin he had a white anchor goatee and on his mouth he wore a pair of snake bite piercings.

He was a fairly muscular man, as some of his definition could be seen in his fairly tight black shirt. The definition on his arms couldn't be seen as his arms were covered by his light grey leather jacket though. Over his neck he wore a necklace with a strange looking key on it. It had an ornamentation of a small red heart on it. He also carried a pack of cigarettes in his jacket pocket. For the rest of his attire, he featured black jeans and a pair of big black boots. It was obvious on sight alone that this man was well traveled.

The man lying on the coach, Aster was a pretty normal looking guy. He had short brown hair, green eyes, a sad expression, a grey shirt, a pair of black jeans and a pair of black tennis shoes. He was just your average Joe anyone you looked at him. When Enoch asked him what was on his mind, Aster sighed, "It's driving me insane. I've been trying so hard to catch her attention but she doesn't notice my feelings."

"Elaborate further," Enoch demanded, "Have you approached her at all? Are you friends? If so, how long have you been friends? How much do you two know about each other?"

"I met her in High School about six years ago, and we've gotten along since we met," Aster answered, "We chat sometimes like best friends. We know a lot about each other, or at least I know a lot about her."

"Are you saying she doesn't know much about you?" Enoch replied, "How could that be so? If you've known her for so long she should know a lot about you. Have you even spoken to her about the possibility?"

"No, I haven't at all. I don't know how," Aster told him, "That's why I came to you. I just don't feel like she notices me in that kind of way. I mean, I do feel the friendship is there but I've just never felt like we've gotten to the point where we've had a spark, you know?"

"Yes, I do," Enoch responded in a sort of soft voice before making his tone higher again, "It's an issue that a lot of people go through at some point in their life and not something that we can easily just get over. Tell me, are you sure that you aren't just wanting something to happen? Perhaps you don't really have feelings for her."

"No, I definitely do have feelings for her," Aster exclaimed, "I have no doubt about it. When I am with her, I feel comfortable. I feel like it's where I want to be. My hearts beats faster and slower at the same time. I see her smile and my day is made. I hear her laugh and I can't help but laugh with her. Her happiness makes me happy and I want to be the one to provide that happiness for her forever."

""If only it was that simple," Enoch commented, "You are aware that not everything will be happy times all the time correct? It's hard to make a relationship work with only ups and never any downs. You are aware of that correct?"

"Oh that's not true, we're different," Aster said to him, "We don't have to have any arguments. We can just live happy and in love forever. Arguments aren't necessary for us because we are special."

"You're wrong," Enoch proclaimed, "You can't really expect to have a good relationship without having an argument sometimes. Things just don't work that way. You can't just go out there trying to be some holy prince. Girls aren't usually going to go for that, and I doubt this girl is any different. Tell me, why do you think you should be special enough to never need an argument?"

"Because, she doesn't like to argue," Aster answered, "I have seen the guys she's been with and they were all really nice people to her, at first. She separated with them over time when she started realizing how bad they were. We could get into a relationship, but we would have nothing to worry about because we'd never get out of the really nice stage. I'd be just the way those guys were like and she'd be attracted to me, it's just not working."

"Aster, listen to me," Enoch spoke, "What makes one believe that they can attract someone by being like a person they used to love? Is it a desire to avoid conflict or do they truly feel that that is true love? You can't truly consider it love to just concede to your partner's every attraction. You especially can't if you only assume it's an attraction. Here's the thing, think about this, did she break up with all of them before they became assholes or did she break up with one or two while they were still nice?"

"Now that you mention it, there were two guys she broke up with that were just really nice," Aster admitted, "I didn't really understand why she broke up with them."

"Well, I'll tell you why," Enoch proclaimed, "Girls aren't attracted to a single thing about guys, nor are guys attracted to a single thing about girls. Sure, it is very true that often their attractions are redundant in that the ones they go after are very similar to the ones that came before. What this girl probably wants though is for you to not be just one of the crowd. If you really want her you need to be able to state your opinions. You should know what you want to be. Pursue the things that you want to pursue but continue to show her that she is important to you. Allow her to feel even more comfortable with you by being true to who you are. That's your best chance."

"Are you sure it will work?" Aster asked.

"I guarantee it," Enoch answered, "Or your money back."

"I won't be taking my money back," Aster replied, "This has more than helped me think about who it is I should be around her. With the thoughts that you brought up I believe I can finally be true to myself but also appealing to her at the same time. I thank you Dr. Baler. You truly are a wise person."

"Any time Aster," Enoch grinned, "Now, go start your new life."

Aster gave him a nod and then rushed out the door to return home. Enoch got up a few minutes later and grabbed a pair of sheathed swords from the corner. He fastened them to his back and then left his office. After walking out, he walked along the side of the streets of Havin. It was like a ghost town. The buildings were all very tall and plain grey. There were windows perfectly set apart on all floors of the building. There was absolutely no variation at all except for the heights and widths of certain buildings.

The streets were barren, no cars and no other person to be seen aside from the man who had left Enoch's office. The sky was cloudy and because of the size of the buildings, the light didn't shine through well even though it was the afternoon. Papers blew across the ground and piss could be smelt all around the streets. That was what the world had become those days, the streets and sidewalks were cracked all up and down and grass grew between those cracks.

As Enoch walked down those depressing roads, he thought to himself, "I have dealt with patients like him a thousand times before. Where does the desire for love come from? Is it inherent or something developed? How important is the environment and our biology? What makes us feel the need to be redundant? That is, why do we feel that we should be like an ex? If the ex was broken up with, that process didn't work. Why does it seem like we go after redundancy so often? Is this all a fear for change? Are we afraid of conflict? Humans are an oxymoron. They say they want one thing but want something different entirely. This isn't just true in matters of love, but everything. War, peace, conflict, war, peace, conflict. Nothing ever changes. Everything is just a revolving cesspool of redundancy. For that I declare this. I will change this world. I will devote my life to breaking this circle for good."