Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Psy 'Forever Sorry' for Anti-American Song (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=123643)

Saiyan 12-08-2012 01:30 AM

Psy 'Forever Sorry' for Anti-American Song

I hate yahoo but I decided to log in to get the password saved for my account in IE after I cleared my internet explorer cookies recentlly.

After I logged in this article was in the headlines I thought people here might find it interesting.

http://news.yahoo.com/psy-forever-so...ews-music.html#

Psy said today that he will "forever be sorry for any pain I have caused" by what he sang at a Seoul concert that took place during the Iraq war:
Kill those ;);););)ing Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives Kill those ;);););)ing Yankees who ordered them to torture Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law, and fathers Kill them all slowly and painfully

The apology comes two days before he is scheduled to perform at a holiday concert that will be attended by President Obama and his family. TNT, the organizer of the concert, told ABC News that Psy will perform on Sunday as planned.
----------

P.S. the language was more vulgar but I censored it a little more using the smilies

Cloukora 12-08-2012 01:54 AM

Re: Psy 'Forever Sorry' for Anti-American Song

Welp, he lost his career here. I've been reading the comments on that article and people are just pissed off by it. I think it's not completely the fact he said it, but he waited this long to apologize AND after making so much money.
When will things stop being about money? :\

Saiyan 12-08-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloukora (Post 6373965)
Welp, he lost his career here. I've been reading the comments on that article and people are just pissed off by it. I think it's not completely the fact he said it, but he waited this long to apologize AND after making so much money.

I'd stay away from yahoo comments they're usually the worst, and major time sinks sometimes!

But yeah I also read the comments (only on first page of most replied though haha) (bad habit).

I don't think psy lost that much though, he already cashed out and I doubt he would've became more then a 1 hit wonder in the United States either way.

I'm glad the real psy came out though. I doubt this would make local news unfortunately, I hope it does he deserves it.

Vornmusion 12-08-2012 02:42 AM

Happened forever ago and now people in the US are mad because he's famous in the US. Plently of music have worse lyrics. And you have countless movies, novels, and videogames showing all kinds of violence and hate against all the people in the world, including the US; and still no one gives a crap. America just needs something to hate doesn't it. :roll:

But a bit of trivia now -- the song in question was in the game Guilty Gear XX (the Korean version) without the vocals and done slightly differently under the name Rouge Hunters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-oySmMrQ6k
Can't be assed to find out which version came first but given the game came out before the release of the song (by years) I'll go with the game version being OG. Rouge Hunters was preformed by N.EX.T, also the creators of this "hated" song so many people are fussing over.

Daily dose of video game trivia brought to you by Vorn.

PrinceofPeace 12-08-2012 05:57 AM

I never liked this guy. I thought the song was stupid and that something was off bout him. It's not that he mAde an anti American song(freedom of speech n expressing yourself) but the fact that he is apologizing NOW is what's pisses me off

WishfulFairie 12-08-2012 06:01 AM

I liked his songs. They made me happy even though I couldn't understand a word from them. If he hates Americans fine, just don't apologize for it.

Maikeru D. Shinigami 12-08-2012 06:13 AM

I hate a lot of Americans too, but I've never thought of myself as one to want someone to die slowly and painfully.

Though, Vorn's video makes me wonder how legit that song's lyrics are.

Maruko 12-08-2012 06:15 AM

I didn't know he had an anti-American song.

Kiseki 12-08-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloukora (Post 6373965)

Yankees, those just Americans? I don't think the rest of the world will care.
I think SPY will remain to be very popular. If not in the world, he will be popular in Asia.

Wooster 12-08-2012 07:33 AM

Welp, he is going the way of the Dixie Chicks. Such is the what happens when stupid people open their mouths. :lol:

BMC1994 12-08-2012 08:22 AM

*Ameicans listen to his songs and go to his concerts giving him more money and fame*

*Find out he has anti american song*

http://t.qkme.me/35e89g.jpg

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato 12-08-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceofPeace (Post 6374041)
I never liked this guy. I thought the song was stupid

same. I thought his song was kinda ridiculous

Buy I hope they forgive him anyway

Shikamaru Nara 12-08-2012 09:16 AM

The most surprising thing here is how a large percentage of his fanbase is American and how stupid he is to say something like that. I personally don't really care, but this guy is an egomaniac. By the way, we know you were quoting something, but can you just change the smilies to "damn" or something? we still don't allow self censoring.

BMC1994 12-08-2012 01:50 PM

He said that before he gained a large fanbase in 'merica.

Xibitz360 12-08-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiseki (Post 6374046)
Yankees, those just Americans? I don't think the rest of the world will care.
I think SPY will remain to be very popular. If not in the world, he will be popular in Asia.

Yeah I don't think other people would care either since US has a bad reputation around the world as it is. Personally, I despise the song because it's just ridiculous. Anyway, stuff like this shouldn't surprise anyone.