Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   If You Could Tell An Upcoming Freshman (into Highschool or College) What They..... (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=123531)

EmoSakura 12-05-2012 08:37 AM

If You Could Tell An Upcoming Freshman (into Highschool or College) What They.....

Should expect about the upcoming year, what would you say about beginning college/highschool? How does it relate to you?

Jakropha 12-05-2012 09:07 AM

Re: If You Could Tell An Upcoming Freshman (into Highschool or College) What They....

Not to screw around like I did :lol:

tanduhman 12-05-2012 09:16 AM

Re: If You Could Tell An Upcoming Freshman (into Highschool or College) What They....

Take school seriously.. And dont take crap from anyone. Go to the gym, and get a boxing coach.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato 12-05-2012 09:18 AM

hmm. Don't fall behind with homework. Study first. Recreational fun later

SilentBlade 12-05-2012 09:48 AM

in highschool, good grades are paramount! its hard to believe, but really it determines where you go to college, and that determines just how easily you'll get a job (and how much you'll make).

in college, good grades are pretty easy as long as you manage YOUR TIME!!! no one is going to hold your hand, and tell you its going to be ok! top notch time management + going to class = good grades! people who graduate with good grades and honors etc...get an advantage looking for jobs or grad school! do well enough and go to grad school without having to take any additional exams! (except for med school, business school and law school which will ALWAYS require them)

Souret 12-05-2012 10:22 AM

"Please don't fall into the constant boredom of clones that makes up the majority of the student have some fun and please please drive Chilly mad." Because that's all that got me through the rediculus presure my school puts everyone under.

Maruko 12-05-2012 11:48 AM

Don't act tough...'cause you're not.

SilentBlade 12-05-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maruko (Post 6370212)
Don't act tough...'cause you're not.

unless of course you're 6'2 and up and built like a truck, then i am pretty sure you can act tough :-p

edit: I should add when I did undergrad work, I was able to balance between 15-18 credits/semester, Undergraduate Student Gov't, Fraternity (executive council), and Club Rugby! its all doable, you just can't get into the habit of doing nothing for very long, and you can't sleep all day! Though on the weekends, you better party it out (safely) or you'll burn out!

Maruko 12-05-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentBlade (Post 6370236)
unless of course you're 6'2 and up and built like a truck, then i am pretty sure you can act tough :-p

edit: I should add when I did undergrad work, I was able to balance between 15-18 credits/semester, Undergraduate Student Gov't, Fraternity (executive council), and Club Rugby! its all doable, you just can't get into the habit of doing nothing for very long, and you can't sleep all day! Though on the weekends, you better party it out (safely) or you'll burn out!

Doesn't matter. Those nasty guys always attack in groups, so your chances are lower. :P
I know, I have experience with them.

SilentBlade 12-05-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maruko (Post 6370243)
Doesn't matter. Those nasty guys always attack in groups, so your chances are lower. :P
I know, I have experience with them.

Join a fraternity, or play a sport (or both). I never had a problem at a bar, and anyone I dated never had to be afraid of going to any bars! Social clubs become like family.

Jakropha 12-05-2012 01:25 PM

Unless your the bouncer at the bar :lol:

I make people that act tougher than me look little in comparison to be, I let them weigh their options, I give them a quick test to show them how stupid they really are, and (I've never really had to do it) break their shin with my 100 pound foot :lol:

Trust me, it will literally break your shin, I don't care how tough you are, my leg is hydropowered :lol:

Saiyan 12-05-2012 02:01 PM

I'd tell a highschool freshman especially one that wouldn't know anyone at their highschool.

You don't want attention.

mrsticky005 12-05-2012 10:32 PM

You may be tough. But you're not tougher than an drive by. This is a fact.
Now of course we don't all live in South Central. We don't live in gang territory.
But dumb asses trying to prove something are everywhere. Most you probably
don't have to worry about. But every now and then one of them will get an idea.
"Tough" guys aren't actually the ones to worry about. It's the cowards you should
be wary of. Why? Because cowards are sneaky. Make no mistake. They are not
looking to fight you. They are looking to murder you and it can be for the stupidest reasons. Of course I'm talking in extremes. But don't think that it can't happen to you.

Now I'm not saying you need to live in fear or anything of that sort.
But don't go making trouble for yourself that can be easily avoided.
Not acting like you're all rough and tough is a good start. That's not
to say act like a pansy. But real tough mofos don't have to make a
show of it. People know who the alphas are whether they growl or not.
Yet even alphas get shot, stabbed, beaten, raped, tortured and killed all the time.

You must be tough.
But reality is tougher.

BoxHead 12-06-2012 06:10 AM

No one told me jack, and look how I turned out! :D

...alone and probably at the pity of everyone else. :cry:

Jakropha 12-06-2012 07:38 AM

Homeschooler who dumped himself into a high school at the Junior year :lol:

Seriously, act goofy, stay up to current events, and definitely make at least acquaintances with every girl/guy you meet, be nice, tell funny jokes, don't act like an antisocial.
And you will always get that one person who will just hate you for no reason, it happens.
If you think about it, usually everybody hates them too :lol:

Basically, friend shield yourself!

voicesinmyhead 12-06-2012 08:10 AM

i am a freshman in highschool soo take my advice don't draw attention and be yourself

tanduhman 12-06-2012 08:47 AM

I never said act tough, but never let someone push you around. If someone gives you crap you let them know your a man. Getting attention can be good. I guess this really depends on where you live too. Mr. Sticky proves a point.

SilentBlade 12-06-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanduhman (Post 6371396)
I never said act tough, but never let someone push you around. If someone gives you crap you let them know your a man. Getting attention can be good. I guess this really depends on where you live too. Mr. Sticky proves a point.

I think the point here is, don't be a tough guy looking for a fight, but in that same token, don't be a push over that gets pushed around by jerks! Stand your ground and make sure when people TRY to push you around, you let them know they can't.

tanduhman 12-06-2012 08:58 AM

^Exactly! Sommmmebody sees where im going with this XD

mrsticky005 12-06-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentBlade (Post 6371405)
I think the point here is, don't be a tough guy looking for a fight, but in that same token, don't be a push over that gets pushed around by jerks! Stand your ground and make sure when people TRY to push you around, you let them know they can't.

Depends on the situation. Because in some places that's a one way ticket to the morgue. You may not like it but sometimes survival means knowing when to throw in the towel. Some battles you just can't win. That's just a fact.

But avoiding fights isn't all that difficult. Quite simply

DON'T MAKE YOURSELF A TARGET