Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   New Dragonball z 2013 movie (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=122588)

EnigmaNinja 11-12-2012 09:43 PM

New Dragonball z 2013 movie

The film is set during the 10-year time period between the defeat of Kid Buu and the 28th World Martial Arts Tournament,[2] like Wrath of the Dragon and Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!

Goten and Trunks art for the movie
Added by Jeangabin666
Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin, Goten, Trunks, Vegeta, and Shenron appear on the first promotional arts for the movie. Along with Goku and Vegeta, the three members of the Pilaf Gang are among the figures produced in conjunction with the 2013 movie. The film poster shows Super Saiyan Goku fighting an Egyptian God-like anthropomorphic cat, with a pink goddess-like character holding a scepter and floating showered in light in the background. Mr. Satan, Mr. Buu, Videl, the Pilaf Gang, Super Saiyan Goten, Super Saiyan Gohan, Super Saiyan Vegeta, Super Saiyan Trunks, Bulma, Piccolo, Tien Shinhan, Krillin, Yamcha and Puar also appear on the film poster.
HistoryEdit
You guys excited or what!!??

EnigmaNinja 11-12-2012 09:43 PM

Re: New Dragonball z 2013 movie

Its out march 30th 2013

Cloukora 11-12-2012 10:07 PM

Is it animated or real life?

ILIKEPIE 11-12-2012 10:08 PM

animated

Cloukora 11-12-2012 10:12 PM

Ahh, then I'm not that motivated to see it. Although I still might.

Devroux 11-12-2012 10:45 PM

YouTube:

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods. It sounds pretty intense. Seeing as it'll be new, the animation should be pretty awesome. I'll definitely watch it.

HokageSoulReaper 11-12-2012 11:03 PM

While I accept DBE for what it is, even I say when compared to the anime it is a piece of cokadookey (gotta mention some British fans that own a production company are working on a live action fanmovie of the Saiyan Saga) so while Hollywood does still havve DBZ as an future idea for a movie (I know they will try and make another one someday) don't think we'll see any live action DB/DBZ/DBGT movie in a while

Now, on to Battle of The Gods, that is the sole reason why I dare to say the world won't end on December! We cannot die until we see such epicness!

Seriously though, it is a big deal, Akira Toryiama himself has worked on the movie from the start, so it should be quite epic, and maybe it will be the 2nd movie that falls under the anime's official canon (again, anime canon, not manga canon)

THE susanoo 11-13-2012 01:22 AM

well hopefully SSJ3 again but to its full extent, but from what iv heard, the movie is more based around trunks and goten more then the others..... But it should be awesome as theres been nothing GOOD from dragon ball in a while

AgentShayd 11-13-2012 01:26 AM

I almost said "OMG!" Didn't they learn the first time around that, that movie didn't do so well.. until I saw ANIMATED.. there fore you are allowed to proceed HOWEVER I personally won't be wasting my money.. But I don't go to a lot of movies..soooo

Saiyan 11-13-2012 02:30 AM

I'm not really excited about that.

I thought the buu saga was dragonball's decline...

I know for a fact Akira Toriyama wanted to end dbz at the end of the frieza saga but continued past and made the androids saga and wanted to end it there (Not sure if confirmed) then made the buu saga anyway which I thought was the decline and I felt if it was true he was forced to continue past the point he wanted to end it he was just going through the motions there...

The introducion of kid trunks and goten I also felt cheapened super saiyan...

I just looked it up and that purple thing that's the enemy doesn't really seem too compelling.

If I were to make a new dbz movie it would be an alternate reality where goku survived vegeta's destruction and was sent to earth but accomplished his original saiyan mission and teamed up with raditz when he was sent to check on him and partnered with raditz nappa and vegeta to take down frieza as a team....

Or I would make it a prequel and show how the saiyans lived and more of their society

But this seems kind of lame.... I hate to say that because I really like dbz.

THE susanoo 11-13-2012 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saiyan (Post 6336333)
I'm not really excited about that.

I thought the buu saga was dragonball's decline...

I know for a fact Akira Toriyama wanted to end dbz at the end of the frieza saga but continued past and made the androids saga and wanted to end it there (Not sure if confirmed) then made the buu saga anyway which I thought was the decline and I felt if it was true he was forced to continue past the point he wanted to end it he was just going through the motions there...

The introducion of kid trunks and goten I also felt cheapened super saiyan...

I just looked it up and that purple thing that's the enemy doesn't really seem too compelling.

If I were to make a new dbz movie it would be an alternate reality where goku survived vegeta's destruction and was sent to earth but accomplished his original saiyan mission and teamed up with raditz when he was sent to check on him and partnered with raditz nappa and vegeta to take down frieza as a team....

Or I would make it a prequel and show how the saiyans lived and more of their society

But this seems kind of lame.... I hate to say that because I really like dbz.

this guy should be a director, this is a better story line then the entire GT

joon 11-13-2012 04:43 AM

^ I agree.

Maruko 11-13-2012 05:39 AM

I've seen the poster on Saiyan Island. That big rabbit looks awesome! :D

Yori 11-14-2012 11:25 AM

Late.

Xibitz360 11-14-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devroux (Post 6336232)
YouTube:

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods. It sounds pretty intense. Seeing as it'll be new, the animation should be pretty awesome. I'll definitely watch it.

Nice vid. I thought DBZ stuff was against the rules?

EnigmaNinja 11-14-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE susanoo (Post 6336312)
well hopefully SSJ3 again but to its full extent, but from what iv heard, the movie is more based around trunks and goten more then the others..... But it should be awesome as theres been nothing GOOD from dragon ball in a while

yah that is true but if you think of the newest dragonball z animated movie wrath of the dragon. It is based mostly on trunks but we still get to see the other z fighters in action, in particular ssj 3 goku, so im still expecting the best.

HokageSoulReaper 12-08-2012 01:49 AM

1st official trailer was released! (won't post now since I dunno know if it's ok, if so will post later)

It's freaking awesome! and, being that Toriyama worked on this, until he says the contrary this could at least sort of be considered canon after the series, so, I can say, that the end of the trailer:

Spoiler:
Shows Goku vs. Bills ON SPACE!!!! meaning the Saiyans CAN BREATHE on space!!!!!!

Saiyan 12-08-2012 01:53 AM

That's not new, Saiyans could breathe in space before.

Bardock vs Freiza???

HokageSoulReaper 12-08-2012 02:25 AM

That is not considered canon by many people, as it was a TV special, this time it should be, given Toriyama's heavy involvement

Saiyan 12-08-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokageSoulReaper (Post 6373980)
That is not considered canon by many people, as it was a TV special, this time it should be, given Toriyama's heavy involvement

Yeah I was going to say that too, I'm pretty sure that's the only movie Akira Toriyama was involved in..I think.

Then there is Arliya when Vegeta and Nappa were standing in their space pods and blew up the planet from space.

Some guy on dbz wikia said that akira toirryama wrote the story and drew the chapter, not sure if it's true but that would be evidence as well.

Plus there's the fact vegeta tried to blow up the Earth when fighting Goku, the spacepods are really tough and probably would've survived but if he couldn't breathe in space it would be pretty stupid to blow up the planet he's on while he's still on it...