Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Anime News (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Bakemonogatari (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=121164)

Vivi 10-07-2012 04:06 PM

Bakemonogatari

No talk about this here.Be ashamed.:P

Quote:

Bakemonogatari centers on Koyomi Araragi, a third year high school student who is almost human again after briefly becoming a vampire. One day, a classmate named Hitagi Senjougahara, who infamously never talks to anyone, falls down the stairs into Koyomi's arms. He discovers that Hitagi weighs next to nothing, in defiance of physics. After being threatened by her, Koyomi offers her help, and introduces her to Meme Oshino, a middle-aged homeless man who helped him stop being a vampire. In each chapter of the series, he encounters a different heroine, each involved with a different "apparition". The events of the previous chapters play an important role in the subsequent ones. The series primarily focuses on conversations between characters; it contains a fair number of parodies of other series, as well as Nisio Isin's trademark wordplay and metahumor.

Most successful Anime since the millennium began despite not even being 1/8 completed.
YouTube:

Devroux 10-07-2012 04:07 PM

Re: Bakemonogatari

Kingsnoke suggested this to me. Definitely looking into it as soon as I finish Seikon no Qwaser.

zerosameri 10-07-2012 04:08 PM

Way to funny when she fell :lol: Yes this is anime, but come on! A perfect catch with not even a bounce in his legs (She would of had broke her back). He should of had fell to the ground.

@Dev: Are you actually watching that for the plot? :lol:

Devroux 10-07-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerosameri (Post 6289454)

Yes.
>.>
<.<
*cough*

Sort of...

Vivi 10-07-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerosameri (Post 6289454)
Way to funny when she fell :lol: Yes this is anime, but come on! A perfect catch with not even a bounce in his legs (She would of had broke her back). He should of had fell to the ground.

Quote:

He discovers that Hitagi weighs next to nothing, in defiance of physics.
Did you even watch the anime?Perfectly explains that.

Her weight = painful memories that were taken away by the crab kami as Hitagi refused to accept them and pushed them away.

Her painful memories were a heavy burden on her thus her weight lost was cause she didn't wanna accept that heaviness.

If you don't see the art and poetry in that then wow.

zerosameri 10-07-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivi (Post 6289468)
Did you even watch the anime?Perfectly explains that.

Her weight = painful memories that were taken away by the crab kami as Hitagi refused to accept them and pushed them away.

Her painful memories were a heavy burden on her.

I have only seen an episode or two.

Level6Ninja 10-08-2012 06:32 PM

I just finished Nisemonogatari a couple days ago, the animation and dialogue are seriously amazing. Both seasons, Nisemonogatari in particular, also had some really nice... plot ;)

Devroux 10-09-2012 02:19 PM

I just started Bakemonogatari earlier today and am on episode six. I like the animation, but the way it switches all the time just makes my eyes spin. I kind of like it so far though.

sagemaster777 11-27-2012 02:37 PM

I just finished bakemonogatari. That was amazing ;~;

Devroux 11-27-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagemaster777 (Post 6355815)
I just finished bakemonogatari. That was amazing ;~;

Onto Nise and the toothbrush!