Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Naruto Manga Discussion (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Spoiler Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth General Discussion (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=120802)

Rezeon 09-28-2012 08:07 AM

Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth General Discussion

Since this spinoff doesn't get enough discussion to warrant seperate threads for each chapter I figured I might as well just post a single thread for all related discussions on it.

I'll admit I was highly skeptical of this spinoff when it started, but as time has gone by it has grown on me. With the serious tone the main series has taken it is kind of refreshing to see humorous side stories that don't have to worry about messing with main plotline. One of the gripes of the main series has been that the supporting cast hasn't been provided any screen time, but this series counters a lot of that.

Currently the series has reached chapter 17 and I personally found it to be one of the funnier chapters thus far. Here is a brief preview description of the starting plotline that guides the chapter (I've avoided putting in anything to specific for those who haven't read it yet)
Spoiler:
With Tsunade out of the village on a business trip, and Kakashi and Shikaku on missions, Might Guy is the only one left qualified to run the village as substitute-Hokage. So obviously he starts abusing the heck out of the position, making his personal sense of style the law of the land.

Godaime Kazekage 10-01-2012 02:24 PM

Re: Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth General Discussion

Dat Naruto and Hinata combo attack `:))

Black King 10-01-2012 02:28 PM

Dat Naruto and Hinata hug.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato 10-01-2012 03:28 PM

i just love how Yamato pops up in every ep~~~~~~~~~~~~~
screen shots~~~~~~~~
and of Kakashi and Iruka too~~~~~~

Rikudo-Sennin Kage 01-21-2013 03:37 PM

LOL, how Rock Lee got an IPhone with a pink case!!! :lol::lol: When did they have IPhones in Naruto?? Computers, yes but IPhones?! Then many ninja's lives could have been saved. You can just call for the latest updates and send good strategies to your comrades.

The Evidence for Rock Lee having an IPhone is below:

Spoiler:

Naruto SD Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth Full Power Ninja Chronicles
Episode 6

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato 01-21-2013 03:40 PM

thy also had some other high tech devices.

The Xmas one... Forgot if it was 39 or 40
Yamato was playing something that resed the wii. Had te control in his hand. Heheh

Rezeon 01-27-2013 08:32 PM

Wow chapter 20 was pretty on the ball with its humor.

Joining Lee's team it features a full cameo lineup of Naruto, Jiraiya, Kakashi, Konohamaru, Ebisu, Iruka, Orochimaru, Kabuto, Sai, Tsunade, Sakura, Hinata, and Ino... plus a special flash back cameo of the third Hokage.

Take that rather large group and stick them all in a bath house and you can get an idea of how this chapter plays out.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato 01-27-2013 08:40 PM

hmm..
how many chapters are out? 20?

FireShadow 01-28-2013 11:22 AM

this is a really good entertainig serie :)

slyfoxx 01-28-2013 07:41 PM

HILARIOUS!!! i think we are all closet perverts but orochmydick is in a different kind of closet and wont come out

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato 08-07-2013 09:10 PM

Reading the chapters right now, and on Chapter 2
Kakashi and his comment about reading Make-Out Tactics

"What are you talking about? I wear this mask to hide what comes out of my nose whenever I read this book."
"But all jokes aside... You'd never become cool by getting obsessed over it."
"Cool guys are guys that protect their precious friends."

Satsuki 08-07-2013 09:45 PM

Bleach would still be cooler, anyway, I vote a sticky for this thread. The episode where Sasuke fights Lee was pretty cool. Dat Kirin Giraffe.

odduchiha 09-06-2013 08:39 AM

When they saw the akatsuki that was hilarious!
Pain:I am Pain. *trip, faceplant* *dusts self off* I am a god.
HILARIOUS

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato 09-06-2013 09:57 AM

heheh. He acts like nothing had happened

Rezeon 10-12-2013 06:29 AM

Well we got a new chapter of the spinoff. This one focusing on Kankuro and Gaara's sibling relationship.

Gotta say, the funniest moment was when Neji caught Hinata play acting her NaruHina fantasies with some puppets.

Yin-yang release sannin 10-13-2013 02:29 PM

Can you help those like don't know what you guys are talking about by stating the best chapter/episode and their moments, aand also is there any real fight/combat in the series or it just for laughs alone

Rezeon 10-13-2013 06:30 PM

Well the series is pretty well comedy driven. An occasional chapter or episode will have a short fight, but they are usually brief with a comedic ending.

The anime version of the spinoff can be viewed by clicking on the vizmedia.com banner at the top of the forum. It only ran for one season and is already over, so if a person wants to they can catch up gradually without missing anything.

As for the manga, it is a kind of on again off again affair. It isn't released as regularly as the main series, so there are only about 26 chapters.

The overall quality is a bit up and down with quite a bit of Japanese pop culture related humor. I can't really recommend anything as must read/watch material, but if you have the time to view them you can probably find something enjoyable in each episode/chapter.

EternalSasuke 10-14-2013 12:58 AM

Other than the fact that the characters are cute in Chibi form, I have no interest in it...I tired reading it, but there was too much weirdness for my taste.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato 10-14-2013 01:00 AM

I really thought it was weird too.

But there are a few things that are still making me watch/read it.

I think you guys can figure it out.b<3

EternalSasuke 11-13-2013 10:18 PM

Haha, the few clips I've seen on youtube are pretty funny, but not funny enough to enchant me