Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Naruto Games (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Other: Creating your own ninja. (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=120674)

Red 09-25-2012 08:13 PM

Creating your own ninja.

Every single Naruto game usually involves you choosing a character to play/fight as to unlock things/missions/story/etc.

I think it would be cool to have a game for once that lets YOU create a ninja to play as who interacts with the other characters of the Naruto world as well as becoming involved in the story. I just think it would make the games more fun. Idk.

Devroux 09-26-2012 09:40 AM

Re: Creating your own ninja.

I agree. Playing as a set character is kind of lame, but doing something like this would be amazing on a Skyrim level. But I don't see any video games taking after a series doing that any time soon.

But yeah, it'd be cool to create your own character.

Black King 09-26-2012 10:20 AM

That would be sweet. Maybe not for single player, but definately multiplayer.

BMC1994 09-29-2012 08:56 AM

I really dont like create a characters, because people (in my opinion) make stupid op characters that dont even fit in the verse. I'd rather have a game where you would just create an actual ninja then a naruto style game with the same thing.

Also the involvement of the created character would always be limited because you already have a set story. So his story would never contribute in any way that would give you a accomplished feeling.

You would just end up having characters with lame powers such as Rasenchidori -.- Who host all 9 bijuu have all 3 dojutsu and have op ninjutsu like soul release or some .... and the characters if they actually make the option avaiable in a actual game just end looking like deformed palette swaps of existing characters. Because their is not much effort put into these things.

just my 2 cents.

Red 09-29-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMC1994 (Post 6278107)
I really dont like create a characters, because people (in my opinion) make stupid op characters that dont even fit in the verse. I'd rather have a game where you would just create an actual ninja then a naruto style game with the same thing.

Also the involvement of the created character would always be limited because you already have a set story. So his story would never contribute in any way that would give you a accomplished feeling.

You would just end up having characters with lame powers such as Rasenchidori -.- Who host all 9 bijuu have all 3 dojutsu and have op ninjutsu like soul release or some .... and the characters if they actually make the option avaiable in a actual game just end looking like deformed palette swaps of existing characters. Because their is not much effort put into these things.

just my 2 cents.

I don't get the first part of what you're saying. Isn't that what I suggested..?

Also, the game would obviously be non-canon. For example, the Leaf Village could be invaded by some non-canon hidden ninja village, led by some man using some special kinjutsu or something. So you're wrong there.

And also, you wouldn't create your own jutsu..? I mean, the game could let you pick one element to start and then you acquire jutsu for that element through experience, and then at a certain point you would get another element and the same process would occur blah blah. Also, the game could perhaps include some special Kekkei Genkai for the user and/or some signature jutsu, that would progress more as the game went on. It's not like the player would have every single liberty over the character as you're suggesting. And as for the graphics, it doesn't have to be like that, so I don't know why you say it will be. That's something that the player should and would probably have more liberties over.

So yeah.

tanduhman 09-30-2012 08:51 PM

Trust me I've thought about this many times. Just like Dev stated, skyrim transformed into naruto would be the best thing ever created. If it could even be done.

BMC1994 10-03-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 6278199)
I don't get the first part of what you're saying. Isn't that what I suggested..?

Also, the game would obviously be non-canon. For example, the Leaf Village could be invaded by some non-canon hidden ninja village, led by some man using some special kinjutsu or something. So you're wrong there.

And also, you wouldn't create your own jutsu..? I mean, the game could let you pick one element to start and then you acquire jutsu for that element through experience, and then at a certain point you would get another element and the same process would occur blah blah. Also, the game could perhaps include some special Kekkei Genkai for the user and/or some signature jutsu, that would progress more as the game went on. It's not like the player would have every single liberty over the character as you're suggesting. And as for the graphics, it doesn't have to be like that, so I don't know why you say it will be. That's something that the player should and would probably have more liberties over.

So yeah.

Maybe i was thinking too much about fanfiction/roleplay characters XD.
With ninja game i just ment an authentic ninja world completely seperate from any chakra/naruto lore/characters.

The last character creator i have seen was ultimate tenkaichis so thats why my expectations werent that high.

Ofcourse this can be done right but for some reason it never happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanduhman (Post 6280443)
Trust me I've thought about this many times. Just like Dev stated, skyrim transformed into naruto would be the best thing ever created. If it could even be done.

Arent there mods for that i think i sw a couple of decent dbz/bleach mods so naruto mods shouldnt be hard to find.

tanduhman 10-03-2012 11:00 AM

Yeah but I mean with the actual naruto theory behind it as well. Ninja villages, the hokage, ninja wars etc. Skyrim is just the way to start it all.

Devroux 10-03-2012 11:03 AM

Yeah. Skyrim was just sort of the basic outline for it. It'd be cool to see everything manipulated to fit the verse.