Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Film: Red Dawn (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=120411)

Cloukora 09-19-2012 02:41 PM

Red Dawn

I haven't seen the original, but this remake...This is one of the few times I find remakes acceptable.
YouTube:

It's gonna be a kickass movie! I mean, John Winchester and Thor's in it!
lol, now I gotta watch the original >.>
Anyone else excited for it?
Btw, they're not copying off of Homefront, the people that made Homefront actually created Red Dawn.

AgentShayd 09-26-2012 01:56 AM

Re: Red Dawn

The original is very good and worth watching first. It is incredible sad though...

Raiden 09-26-2012 02:56 AM

Umm what? Dredd 3D ROTFLMAFAOstumps Red Dawn, Red Dawn, both remake and old school is just military propaganda, I'm sorry, I just felt some type way when you said that this the only time your Ok with a remake but make no mention of Dredd 3D

Cloukora 09-26-2012 04:20 PM

I forgot about Dredd. I forgot it was even a remake too. Also, I didn't say the only time, I said one of the few times :P
I saw the original. LOL Charlie Sheen was in it XD

Cloukora 11-06-2012 11:56 PM

*Made this before Box*
#SWAG

Saiyan 11-29-2012 01:40 PM

If you watched that movie did you like it? It's been getting awful reviews.

Cloukora 11-29-2012 08:17 PM

I thought it was friggin awesome, so did my step dad who liked the original. I can't remember all of the original, but I think they kept some things from the first one.
It's probably getting bad reviews because it's somewhat of a controversial film.

Devils Lawyer 11-30-2012 01:44 AM

It's probably getting bad reviews because the acting sucked. Though nothing wrong with a mediocre movie. They all can't be blockbusters.

WuTang 11-30-2012 03:57 PM

Red Dawn is one of those movies that you enjoy even though it might not be the most well-acted or well-scripted movies, you still enjoy it. Still, the original is 10 times better than the remake. The newer one is flashier, but the acting stinks (Josh Peck, really?). Also, the North Koreans don't inspire the same sort of fear that the Soviets do. Chinese would have been much scarier and more plausible.

Cloukora 11-30-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WuTang (Post 6360935)
Red Dawn is one of those movies that you enjoy even though it might not be the most well-acted or well-scripted movies, you still enjoy it. Still, the original is 10 times better than the remake. The newer one is flashier, but the acting stinks (Josh Peck, really?). Also, the North Koreans don't inspire the same sort of fear that the Soviets do. Chinese would have been much scarier and more plausible.

Hey, Josh Peck did it for Oprah. For Oprah, man.
But no, Josh Peck is a cool guy.
I liked the remake, and it might have just been me, but it was a bit hard to follow. Things just seemed to happen without much story. I'm a terrible person, because when I was watching this, in my mind I'd be like "Yeah eff em up! KILL THOSE SONSBITCHES" I might be too patriotic ._.
I think what they need to do, is draw away from the usual Russians, Koreans, and Middle Eastern enemies. I get why they pick them, because they are bad guys, at least most of them anyways, but why not pick another country? Like an ally one? PICK THE FRENCH! Or Canadians or Mexicans. The ones we'd least expect.

BoxHead 11-30-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloukora (Post 6328800)
*Made this before Box*
#SWAG

I thought I made a thread about this already e.e

Cloukora 11-30-2012 07:48 PM

After I did.