Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   What can/cannot be post in the forums! (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=119728)

Naruto321 09-05-2012 04:11 PM

What can/cannot be post in the forums!

It seems that some of you guys are confused about what is and isn't allowed to be posted on the forum when it comes to images.

Now, if you know what copyright is, it has to do with who has the right to do what with something, where, and why.

Mostly, we cannot have Viz related images/videos/links here in the forum that are taken from a site that doesn't have any legal rights to them, as well as use the ones we do have rights to in a way that is too far outside of their original intention.

Here's an example of what's not allowed:

Reason: Because the icons you see that are Viz owned and were taken from a site that doesn't have any legal rights to Naruto.

Here's an example of what's allowed:

Reason: Because the user took the image from Hulu, since they have legal rights to Naruto Shippuden. Same for the Manga, because it was taken from Viz Manga. You're encouraged to link the images back to their original sources on Hulu and Viz Manga if you got them from there.

Naruto Cosply/Other cosplay is allowed. Because Viz Media does not own Naruto costumes. But if you post a video of a reenactment of an episode, its not allowed here.

Naruto games/Or any other games is also allowed. Naruto scans/other game scans showing games is allowed because Viz Media does not own the game. Cyber Connect 2 does.

NOTE:Make sure that when you post a game scan of any kind that is related to Viz but not Viz owned, don't post the link where it leads to the scan because it also leads to other stuff such as manga/anime videos.

Naruto/Other Opening & Ending music are not allowed. Posting openings/endings of Naruto or any kind of anime that Viz owns is not allowed.

So you guys see my point here? Taking images from a site that doesn't have the rights to use them isn't allowed here in the forums. But if you are taking an image that Viz had the rights to use, like those of Hulu or anything on http://naruto.viz.com, then it's fine.

In order to see where the source of the image was taken, all you have to do is click the image since the forums automatically hyper links the image of where the user gets it. If it says Hulu or naruto.viz.com, it's allowed.

If you see that it was upload from a site like Photobucket, its not allowed. Make sure to report it here: http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74340

Here's a thread to see if a certain show/manga is owned by Viz Media: http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49308

If you have any questions regarding about this thread and/or images you want to post, you can post here and ask.

Shikamaru Nara 09-05-2012 04:13 PM

Re: What can/cannot be post in the forums!

Looks basic and to the point.
Good job.

Godaime Kazekage 09-13-2012 11:21 AM

Are we allowed to post self-made Naruto fanart? I think I remember reading somewhere that it wasn't allowed, but I can't think of why.

Naruto321 09-13-2012 03:53 PM

Making or posting Fan art of a certain anime and/or manga from Viz Media isn't allowed.

Why?

2 words: copyright laws

Naruto321 11-01-2012 11:20 AM

UPDATE: images from anime that are posted in a t-shirt is a allowed in the forums.

Sajuuk 11-01-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naruto321 (Post 6320881)
UPDATE: images from anime that are posted in a t-shirt is a allowed in the forums.

I do not recommend that you make this kind of announcement in public as I'm not entirely sure if it is allowed. If one of the green names could come along and confirm it, it'd be appreciated :)

Naruto321 11-01-2012 12:31 PM

Until that is confirmed, I'm okay with that

Ultimate combatant 11-19-2012 12:33 PM

Are we allowed to post pictures of Naruto games, not scans but in game?!! :D

Sajuuk 11-19-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant (Post 6343907)
Are we allowed to post pictures of Naruto games, not scans but in game?!! :D

Games have always been allowed as Viz has no ownership to them. Basically anything Viz owns = not allowed here. Anything they don't own = free to post here. :)

megabbaut 11-19-2012 12:50 PM

Have T-shirts relating to Viz animes been confirmed to be legal or illegal yet?

Ultimate combatant 11-19-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sajuuk (Post 6343921)
Games have always been allowed as Viz has no ownership to them. Basically anything Viz owns = not allowed here. Anything they don't own = free to post here. :)

So, it's not a problem if I post picture like this?!! :D

Naruto321 11-19-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megabbaut (Post 6343924)
Have T-shirts relating to Viz animes been confirmed to be legal or illegal yet?

So far, there haven't word about it. So for now, dont post any of that. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant (Post 6343974)
So, it's not a problem if I post picture like this?!! :D

Yea that's fine. You can post scans of video games and picture of a scene from the video games. Just dont post any links that may lead to the image that may have illegal content like Saiyan Island for example.

Akatsuki_Fighter 12-18-2012 09:25 AM

Wow. That was really thorough and easy to understand. I'm not usually one to share or post links, images, etc., but it's nice to know in case I do. Thanks:D

Rikudo-Sennin Kage 01-21-2013 10:53 PM

So can I ask you something? Can I cut something from http://naruto.viz.com/ and upload it to the site?

Maikeru D. Shinigami 01-21-2013 11:19 PM

No, you can't.

Shisko Shi 01-21-2013 11:24 PM

Well lets say it is like a background. Not a chatracter but like the area, but you know what show it is from. Like Ichigos town from bleach. Is that ok or not?

Bacon 01-22-2013 03:07 AM

The places are alright to use

Devroux 01-22-2013 03:12 PM

My understanding was that locations were just as unique as characters themselves, so they shouldn't be used either.

I was just told that it is only "discouraged."

Noctis Arashi 01-22-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devroux (Post 6446652)
My understanding was that locations were just as unique as characters themselves, so they shouldn't be used either.

I was just told that it is only "discouraged."

This is what I was told as well.

Devroux 01-22-2013 03:21 PM

It's under the same gray area as taking images from legal places. It just serves to confuse other users and cause people to inadvertently break the rules, so it should just not be done.