Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Naruto Games (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm: Just got Ultimate Storm Generations (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=117336)

Nefarsus 07-27-2012 11:35 PM

Just got Ultimate Storm Generations

Hello everyone. I just picked up Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Storm Generations, and am a Street Fighter player. I was really hoping for a more in depth fighting game for my favorite anime, but was a bit disappointed. I've been playing it for about 2 hours now, and after a lot of searching on the internet, I've had no luck in finding a guide on how to really learn how to play for VS fighting and online play.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I was really hoping the game would have some kind of tutorial guide for timing of attacks and all the minor technical things you need to know to properly hold your own. Some things off the top of my head I'd like to know. What are the items and what do they do? How to properly time attacks, counter attacking when you use substitute, blocking properly and how to counter attack using block, how to combo into jutsu, if even possible, how to use the chakra dash properly, etc. Any advice, input, or direction is really appreciated. While it's no SF4, I really do like the game and would like to explore it more in depth. Thanks!

Housh 07-28-2012 03:04 AM

Re: Just got Ultimate Storm Generations

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefarsus (Post 6159311)
Hello everyone. I just picked up Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Storm Generations, and am a Street Fighter player. I was really hoping for a more in depth fighting game for my favorite anime, but was a bit disappointed. I've been playing it for about 2 hours now, and after a lot of searching on the internet, I've had no luck in finding a guide on how to really learn how to play for VS fighting and online play.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I was really hoping the game would have some kind of tutorial guide for timing of attacks and all the minor technical things you need to know to properly hold your own. Some things off the top of my head I'd like to know. What are the items and what do they do? How to properly time attacks, counter attacking when you use substitute, blocking properly and how to counter attack using block, how to combo into jutsu, if even possible, how to use the chakra dash properly, etc. Any advice, input, or direction is really appreciated. While it's no SF4, I really do like the game and would like to explore it more in depth. Thanks!

Just do player matches....The 1st thing you should learn is chakra dash, and combo canceling. If you dont know how to do those ALOT of people will DESROY you. What character do you use? From beginning try to learn to not sub support or projectile jutsu. Its just a waste.

But this is a game where you have to play it and take losses before you really get an idea. You gotta see what right looks like to get right.

I started off online like 0 and 12.....And I play competition equal to whatever my rank is or higher than my rank and I have around 800 battles and still only have like 20 more wins than losses. I play ALL the fightin games too and I can say competition wise this one has even competition. If you honestly play even comp EVERY GAME and you still have a godly record I think the only way you can do that iis if you hacked your record or you do some of the best cheesing of all time. You can beat a hero one match then lose to an Anbu Black ops the next

Uchiha Sora 07-28-2012 07:47 AM

Yeah, I can see why your dissapointed coming from a hardcore fighter. This game is honestly broken in so many ways that skill doesn't even matter at times.

This game is 20%skill, 80% mind games. This is a game you really get better with every game, if you watch your opponent. I find it hard to say someone is BETTER than me, they're just more experienced xD

Anyway, if you have a friend who's good at the game, play them a bunch. I learned a lot from getting my as kicked by a user here named Megabbaut :lol:

You can also go to arashiboards.net's forums and look at their shizz. It's the closest thing Naruto's got to SRK

Nefarsus 07-28-2012 01:35 PM

Thanks! I had found a video some guy posted on YouTube about playing with Itachi, and he had mentioned a website that had gameplay discussion and it sounded like Orochiboards, lol. Obviously had no luck finding it. Going to check it out right now. If anyone is interested in getting together and playing my PSN handle is SSKaioSama. I look forward to really learning this game. As far as characters, I don't really have one chosen yet. Completed the Young Naruto, and Zabuza and Haku story so far. Working on Naruto. So I have a ton of characters to unlock as well as learn. Watching the video of Itachi really got me interested, it's a shame I don't have him unlocked.

Hassu94 07-29-2012 04:04 PM

Naruto's videogames are just fan-games... I mean, u like them just because u like the manga/anime and the characters, and u play with them because of it... but they are not well done imo