Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Feedback Friday. [REVAMPED] (Mail Monday) (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=115793)

Shikamaru Nara 06-21-2012 04:08 PM

Feedback Friday. [REVAMPED] (Mail Monday)

So, since someone decided to be a complete ass, I couldn't do this the first time. However, after some short discussion with staff, it was decided that there are still ways that I can do this without it being completely exploitable by any random who decides to cause some trouble.

The idea is the same, but this is a more official way of saying it's getting ready to be started up and hopefully it can live a long life. This thread will be much bigger and it will have an FAQ, but still, feel free to ask a question about it if you need some clarification on anything.

New Name

Yes, a certain somebody (Red) pointed out that the word "Feedback" is not a suitable description for an advice/questions column. After some heavy, I don't know, ten minutes or so of thinking about names, I've decided to rename this Mail Monday.

New Account

Since the old FridayBot account was banned, I am going to be creating a new account for you all. However, this account's information will not be made public until Ashen talks to Rice about creating a new usergroup for the account so that all it can do is send Private Messages. As well as that, the account will be equipped with 15 posts manually so that nobody has to log onto it and post.

New Section

Aside from me doing this in Off-Topic, I'm going to talk to Ashen about creating a new section for this advice column. I plan on doing daily to almost daily things.

Note to Ashen:
Spoiler:
I totally forgot to tell you that I wanted a section for this. For the previous basic idea of me getting a couple questions and answering them, making one thread in Off-Topic would have easily sufficed, but I think my ideas for this have definitely escalated further than one thread every Monday.

So before you shoot it down hear me out and read this list of ideas and things I wanna do with this. I'll just have them put out in bullets with short descriptions when I feel necessary but feel free to ask for clarification when necessary.
  • Basic Question and Answer thread
  • Asking for user input - Perhaps I don't feel that I was qualified enough to answer a question or something. This type of thread is used to ask user's their opinion on the question. These will obviously follow after the basic question thread.
  • My questions - A type of thread that I ask users about. Any miscellaneous question or something I'm wondering about. Ex. What are all of your favorite colors?
  • Thoughts on current events - Users can send me an article or something that I can read for review and I will post a thread about it with my views. Also ties into asking users for input threads because I might not be qualified to answer.

So anyway, four types of threads are what I'm aiming for, plus announcements, etc, etc. Seems like it could be a section, because in Off-Topic it's going to be really tough for me to keep track of. It would be awesome if you could allow me to have my own section for this thing.

FAQ

What is Mail Monday?
Spoiler:
Mail Monday is a weekly thing I'm going to be doing when people submit questions to me about their personal life, seek advice, or ask general questions.

How will it work?
Spoiler:
Mail Monday questions will all be sent to me via PM and a few questions/queries will be answered to every Monday, as well as a few miscellaneous other threads throughout the week to make things more interesting. (Assuming it can get its own section.)

Will other people see that I sent my question? That's embarrassing!
Spoiler:
Nope. Nobody besides me will see your question, and even I will not know that you are the one who sent me the question because all of the questions will be sent via an anonymous account that will be open for the public to use.

***NEW INFORMATION ---- IMPORTANT***

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara (Post 6100291)
THREAD UPDATE

So. The new account has been created, and there is only one way to exploit it, which I will not be telling anyone, obviously. :lol: Anyway, there are a few things that you may notice about the account, but don't be alarmed. I'll bullet them out here.
  • The account may be banned - Do not be alarmed if you get a ban message when trying to carry out forum features. This is just to keep people away from exploitable features on the forum.
  • There will be NO forums listed on the homepage when you log in - Do not be alarmed at this either, it's a usergroup setting. You should not be able to see any forums.
  • It is possible to see threads but you are unable to post in the threads.
  • If you do somehow figure out how to post, we gon' find you. The account already has 15 posts, no need to post, even if you figure out how.

Also, you will not be able to view my profile when sending a private message.

If you don't know how to send a private message:

1) Click on the 'User CP' tab on your navbar.
2) Click on send private message on the panel on the left.
3) Put 'Shikamaru Nara' as the recipient for the private message.
4) Fill out the title and message fields.
5) Send message.

So that's about it. Have fun, start sending messages now!

AS FOR DETAILS ON GIVING THIS A SECTION ON THE FORUM

For the time being, Ashen told me to maintain this for a while and he will eventually make a section for it IF it is successful. Reasonable. So send in some messages, guys.

Account Information

Username: MailMondayBot
Password: shika

Also, I have updated the OP with this information as well.

So, that's about it. Let me know what you think, and if Ashen doesn't see this I'll send him a link in PM too.

Also, if this doesn't get a section I think I'll just stick to the weekly advice column to make things easier for me. However if it does get a section, I will want to have a couple of helpers. So send me a PM or post in this thread with a little resume and why you wanna help me out with this if you're interested and by the time everything in this thread is made official I will employ one or two of you. If it gets a section. If it doesn't I'll be running this all by myself.

Sorry about the wall of text btw. :lol:

Account Information for those who haven't seen it yet.

Bacon 06-21-2012 04:16 PM

Re: Feedback Friday. [REVAMPED] (Mail Monday)

Work on monday, yuck!

Shikamaru Nara 06-21-2012 04:21 PM

It's summer, doesn't really matter to me. :lol:
And that was the catchiest thing I could think of.

zerosameri 06-21-2012 04:23 PM

You are going to do this all by your self? You seem to busy to even help TBC with his contest :lol:

Shikamaru Nara 06-21-2012 04:24 PM

Look at the bottom.
I'm hiring helpers.

And I was busy. Now I'm not. I'm done with all of my work, etc, etc.

So now I have all the time I need to do whatever I need.

trouble88 06-21-2012 04:29 PM

need help shika? *had too free time on here anyway* :lol:

Bacon 06-21-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara (Post 6098896)
It's summer, doesn't really matter to me. :lol:
And that was the catchiest thing I could think of.

You sir, nead to take 20 minutes instead of 10. :/

Shikamaru Nara 06-21-2012 04:37 PM

Sweet, thanks for offering for the help Trouble.
And Baco. NO.

Jonesy 06-21-2012 04:40 PM

I'm here as always to lend a helping hand. `:)

Great job, Mike.

Shikamaru Nara 06-21-2012 04:47 PM

Sure, I'll let you know if I need any help.

Bacon 06-21-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara (Post 6098945)
Sweet, thanks for offering for the help Trouble.
And Baco. NO.

THEN EAT WHITE DOG CARp. >.>

Jonesy 06-21-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacon (Post 6099018)
THEN EAT WHITE DOG CARp. >.>

Dog carp? Is that a kind of fish?

Bacon 06-21-2012 05:11 PM

-.- Carp comes from the behind

Shikamaru Nara 06-22-2012 09:57 AM

THREAD UPDATE

So. The new account has been created, and there is only one way to exploit it, which I will not be telling anyone, obviously. :lol: Anyway, there are a few things that you may notice about the account, but don't be alarmed. I'll bullet them out here.
  • The account may be banned - Do not be alarmed if you get a ban message when trying to carry out forum features. This is just to keep people away from exploitable features on the forum.
  • There will be NO forums listed on the homepage when you log in - Do not be alarmed at this either, it's a usergroup setting. You should not be able to see any forums.
  • If you do somehow figure out how to post, we gon' find you. The account already has 15 posts, no need to post, even if you figure out how.

5) Send message.

For the time being, Ashen told me to maintain this for a while and he will eventually make a section for it IF it is successful. Reasonable. So send in some messages, guys.

Account Information

trouble88 06-22-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara (Post 6100291)
THREAD UPDATE

5) Send message.

Account Information

that lot better than before shika I ready to help out when you need me.

Shikamaru Nara 06-22-2012 05:37 PM

You can help out by sending me a question or two. ;P

I have already received an...interesting one about ancient Indian orgys and such. :lol:

Jonesy 06-24-2012 08:07 AM

This needs more action. :ugeek:

Shikamaru Nara 06-24-2012 08:12 AM

Bumperooni.
PS. Since I started this just now I'm going to give it another week or so to get some questions because everything was just clarified the other day.

Jonesy 06-24-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara (Post 6103415)
Bumperooni.
PS. Since I started this just now I'm going to give it another week or so to get some questions because everything was just clarified the other day.

If you need help advertising, I'm here for ya. :p

Shikamaru Nara 06-24-2012 08:15 AM

LOL it's funny how I was going to post in the thread but then you did before me. I was out taking a shower and doing my hair and stuff. Anyway, advertising, right. :lol: I have a job for you.

Could you send PMs out to people about this and say that if it's successful that it will become a bigger thing and become more fun?

Just make it sound good in any way that you can. :lol: