Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Forum Feedback & Issues (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Issues: Not a big problem, but still annoying (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=115111)

Red 06-03-2012 03:34 PM

Not a big problem, but still annoying

Recently, a lot of threads that I've already read the latest post in have been marking themselves randomly as unread, and there aren't any new posts in them either. I don't log out of the forums or anything, so I don't think it should be doing that. Anyone know what might be happening?

megabbaut 06-03-2012 03:35 PM

Re: Not a big problem, but still annoying

Well, you're likely using a different computer when their bolded light blue.

Red 06-03-2012 03:42 PM

No, I'll like check one section of the forum and then another and then go back and randomly it'll be highlighted again even though there are no new posts.

<Aurega?> 06-03-2012 03:49 PM

I have not had the problem either on this account or my test account. I can't experiment and delve deeper when I can't experience the problem, sorry.

Perhaps a cookie issue?

Sajuuk 06-04-2012 07:20 AM

Data is locally stored on each computer or device you sign into, so you could mark the whole forum read on one computer, but it would show unread on some other computer. If you can, try logging out to clear all cookies, then sign in again.

Sagepain 06-04-2012 07:27 AM

Maybe hes running his browser incognito? IDK if that affects it but........

I never had this problem.

Sajuuk 06-04-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sagepain (Post 6067945)
Maybe hes running his browser incognito? IDK if that affects it but........

I never had this problem.

Thanks for telling me that Sagepain. I checked in Chrome and going into Incognito Mode will affect browsing the forums. Quoted from the page when going into Incognito Mode on Chrome:
Quote:

You've gone Incognito. Pages that you view in this window won't appear in your browser history or search history and they won't leave other traces, like cookies, on your computer after you close all open Incognito windows. Any files that you download or bookmarks you create will be preserved, however.
@Red: If you are in Incognito Mode in your browser, come out of it and it will likely fix the issue :)

Red 06-10-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Kazekage (Post 6067946)
Thanks for telling me that Sagepain. I checked in Chrome and going into Incognito Mode will affect browsing the forums. Quoted from the page when going into Incognito Mode on Chrome:

@Red: If you are in Incognito Mode in your browser, come out of it and it will likely fix the issue :)

I use Firefox, and I'm not private browsing either. Although I tried logging out and clearing all cookies and I haven't experienced the issue yet, so I think I might be good. Thank you all.