Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Forum Feedback & Issues (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Feedback: Thread Lock Suggestion (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=114252)

megabbaut 05-03-2012 12:05 PM

Thread Lock Suggestion

I think OPs should be able to lock/delete their threads. This way, they won't have to go through all the trouble of finding a moderator willing to do it for them.They could unlock it if they want to, unless it was locked by a moderator.

Leafy 05-03-2012 12:07 PM

Re: Thread Lock Suggestion

Best idea I heard in a while.

Sajuuk 05-03-2012 12:08 PM

I'm against this. People would just abuse it by locking their threads unnecessarily so people cannot respond (eg Tobi theory threads). It should really be a staff decision to close a thread, not the members.

medlnic15 05-03-2012 12:11 PM

I don't really see a need in this. I feel that you should leave it to the staff to make the decision.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato 05-03-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megabbaut (Post 6020382)
I think OPs should be able to lock/delete their threads. This way, they won't have to go through all the trouble of finding a moderator willing to do it for them.They could unlock it if they want to, unless it was locked by a moderator.

I like the idea.
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Kazekage (Post 6020386)
I'm against this. People would just abuse it by locking their threads unnecessarily so people cannot respond (eg Tobi theory threads). It should really be a staff decision to close a thread, not the members.

But then I saw this.

megabbaut 05-03-2012 12:51 PM

IMO that's actually a good thing, so that it won't turn into a chaos thread filled with trolling and flaming.

medlnic15 05-03-2012 01:02 PM

It can be good at times, but it gives people powers that they might not deserve.
Maybe, if you have a certain number of posts you could be able to.
I feel that it will gradually take the power away from Mods.

Vornmusion 05-03-2012 01:05 PM

Deleting threads can make it a chore to track someones posts for infraction reasons and others. So I'm against that aspect of it.

Shikamaru Nara 05-03-2012 01:20 PM

I'm against it to. Most of the staff would be also.

God forbid someone makes a thread we need and it's gone like that. (Can be recovered if it's soft deleted.)

Plus they sink to the bottom of forums quickly when they're locked and referencing to things would just be a hassle. Mods wouldn't really have a job here anyway, now would they haha. I say leave it as it.

ILIKEPIE 05-03-2012 01:31 PM

take away the mods job would make mods weaker than the normal members