Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Naruto Anime Discussion (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Naruto Shippuden Episode 258 Discussion (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=113728)

Sajuuk 04-12-2012 03:29 AM

Naruto Shippuden Episode 258 Discussion

Discuss Episode 258 here!

Once again, another boring filler -.-

SageKakashi 04-12-2012 06:20 AM

Re: Naruto Shippuden Episode 258 Discussion

Spewing fillers are back but thank God it's not like the fillers after Pain arc or the fillers of the boat trip to the land of the lightning.
They were killers.

Rougie 04-12-2012 09:49 AM

I'd prefer that we had a long filler arc instead of these random bouts of filler episodes that completely ruin the flow and build-up of the main story.

Artho 04-12-2012 10:30 AM

Oh man Naruto and Sasuke are rivals?! That is brand new information!:mad:

Shikamaru Nara 04-12-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rougie (Post 5992460)
I'd prefer that we had a long filler arc instead of these random bouts of filler episodes that completely ruin the flow and build-up of the main story.

I'd prefer that we had neither.

Sajuuk 04-12-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artho (Post 5992476)
Oh man Naruto and Sasuke are rivals?! That is brand new information!:mad:

Clearly you've not watched the whole anime or read the whole manga. They've been rivals from Episode 1 of the original. (I know it's sarcasm so there's no need to downrep me, I was responding sarcastically as well)

Shikamaru Nara 04-12-2012 10:37 AM

He was being sarcastic.

Ultimate combatant 04-12-2012 11:45 AM

There were many new things in this episode, I don`t know why people complain!!! :D

Alotalines 04-12-2012 01:31 PM

So why do they do this? Are they busy with other projects? Did someone lose their puppy?

shadowmoses 04-12-2012 02:08 PM

I can't say that I look forward to these fillers every week, but I have to say they aren't half bad. The different perspectives, gorgeous animation, and quicker pace give the episodes their own unique flavor, instead of the copy and paste flashbacks we've seen a dozen times. Of course I'd like to skip the filler altogether, but then again this wasn't entirely unexpected, with the Fourth Great Ninja War about to start. I'd rather them take their time and continue to produce high quality episodes than do a rush job and produce mediocre ones.

And really, when compared to their filler counterparts in the original series, the Shippuden fillers are MUCH more enjoyable and entertaining. I don't think people give them enough credit (or maybe the original fillers were just THAT terrible).

Sajuuk 04-12-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alotalines (Post 5992646)
So why do they do this? Are they busy with other projects? Did someone lose their puppy?

It's because it's 10 years since the release of Naruto Manga Volume 1.

aimop95 04-12-2012 02:35 PM

It was a nice little review. Of course, I wonder how long this arc will last, can't be too long, maybe another episode?

GeniusKage 04-12-2012 02:49 PM

I really wish You HATERS of Naruto would find something else to Biotchh about, or go watch dragonball or something.... first im A ok with fillers if it means hard work is going into making this War as EPIC as it should be.... Secondly this whole show is coming to an end, and these fillers should remind you all of why you fell in love with it in the first place.... Yall Complain and whine like Sasuke.... i wish i could slap yall in the face with an Odama Rasengan

tsuki 04-13-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeniusKage (Post 5992753)
Secondly this whole show is coming to an end, and these fillers should remind you all of why you fell in love with it in the first place....

They should, except for the fact that they have done the exact same thing like 10 times already. We don't need to keep being reminded of it.

I'm fine if they need to do filler so they can make the war epic, but don't rehash the same old stuff. Do something new like you did with the 3 tails arc.

Blind Uchiha 04-13-2012 07:37 AM

The sad thing is this wasn't a filler. This episode was from an actual manga chapter.

Rougie 04-13-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Uchiha (Post 5993422)
The sad thing is this wasn't a filler. This episode was from an actual manga chapter.

In the "war" arc the manga does not suddenly flash back to that time period and detail it all over again though, so really it is filler. It doesn't matter that it was once canon, because it's only being used to stall the story line now.

Blind Uchiha 04-13-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rougie (Post 5993430)
In the "war" arc the manga does not suddenly flash back to that time period and detail it all over again though, so really it is filler. It doesn't matter that it was once canon, because it's only being used to stall the story line now.

It goes over these events in chapter 538 which is odd considering that the anime is nowhere near the events of 538. However, the fight shown is the same.

Rougie 04-13-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Uchiha (Post 5993441)
It goes over these events in chapter 538 which is odd considering that the anime is nowhere near the events of 538. However, the fight shown is the same.

That was like a mini 8 page flashback though, wasn't it? And it wasn't the same. The ep just had chuunin exam footage.

It is relevant in reinforcing Naruto's super-epic bond with Sasuke though. `o.o"

Blind Uchiha 04-13-2012 08:27 AM

Sorry, I assumed you guys were talking about the latest episode available through VIZ. I suppose I still have to watch 258 then.

Banks 04-14-2012 05:13 AM

How did they manage to make these moments less epic than in the original Naruto series? Really, tell me please