Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Series Discussion (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=239)
-   -   Berserk (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=112910)

ONIMUSHA 03-18-2012 04:31 AM

Berserk

who here has read the manga berserk? IT'S REALLY FREAKING GOOD!

It follows guts, the black swordsman, on his quest to take revenge on his (former) friend griffith for sacrificing his old mercenary group in exchange for becoming a demon.

It has one of the most well-written stories ever, and the art is absolutely beautiful, however, the series certainly is NOT for the faint of heart, if you're not really squeamish then check the series out and you will LOVE it.

EYE OF AGES 03-18-2012 08:02 AM

Re: Berserk

I certainly follow it, excellent manga, along with battle angel alita and Nausicaa manga it's top 3 right there.

IF the nature of god resembles that which empowered griffith, would the religious turn against god?

Devroux 03-18-2012 10:12 AM

I haven't started reading it just yet, but it has definitely been on my "Plan to Read" list for awhile. It looks pretty cool and sounds like a fairly interesting plot, so I'm going to start it at some point soon.

SasukeDude96 03-18-2012 10:39 AM

I haven't read the manga, but I've seen the anime. I'll get around to reading the manga someday.

ONIMUSHA 03-19-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devroux (Post 5944575)
I haven't started reading it just yet, but it has definitely been on my "Plan to Read" list for awhile. It looks pretty cool and sounds like a fairly interesting plot, so I'm going to start it at some point soon.

You should, I would suggest you skip the first 3 volumes, Theyre OK, but they aren't anywhere near as good as the rest of the series, and they aren't really required to read, as volumes 4 through 13 ARE the backstory, plus if i remember correctly, volume 3 kinda spoils what happens at the end of the golden age arc, which makes it a quite a bit less shocking.

ONIMUSHA 03-19-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EYE OF AGES (Post 5944475)
I certainly follow it, excellent manga, along with battle angel alita and Nausicaa manga it's top 3 right there.

IF the nature of god resembles that which empowered griffith, would the religious turn against god?

That's a good question
knowing human nature, we would probably embrace said power in hopes of being empowered by god in the same way, that's what i think at least.

SuperChoji 03-23-2012 01:28 AM

i only watched the old school anime of it. i think it ended where griffith basically screws everybody over to get his body back or something like that. and only epic sword dude survived. i dont know i havent seen it in 2 years i think

how far does the manga continue after that?

ONIMUSHA 03-23-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChoji (Post 5953115)
i only watched the old school anime of it. i think it ended where griffith basically screws everybody over to get his body back or something like that. and only epic sword dude survived. i dont know i havent seen it in 2 years i think

how far does the manga continue after that?

skullknight rescues guts and casca, guts goes demon hunting, recruites some friends (2 elves, 2 soldiers, a spoiled rich kid, and a witch) kills some trolls, and goes through an arc thats honestly WAAAAY too freaking long...oh and casca was driven insane.

NBT 03-23-2012 06:52 AM

How long is it?

ONIMUSHA 03-23-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBT (Post 5953254)
How long is it?

like...35 volumes and still ongoing, only a few volumes come out a year but it's worth it as the art is absoluetly BEAUTIFUL and the story is fantastic (cept for the most recent arc involving the pirates)

mrsticky005 03-25-2012 12:09 AM

Read it. Like it...until Schierke ruins it. Man I hate her.