Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Narutoverse (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Kurenai vs. Shippuden Sakura (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=112492)

Hozuki 03-04-2012 05:29 PM

Kurenai vs. Shippuden Sakura

I really want to know who you think would win here... I'm not sure, so who do you think would win.

Ultimate combatant 03-05-2012 08:48 AM

Re: Kurenai vs. Shippuden Sakura

Well, Sakura is Chunin, while Kurenai is Jonin.
Sakura alone couldn`t even get bells from Kakashi, Kurenai definitely could.
Kurenai has more experience.
Kurenai is obviously strongest in Team Kurenai, and I believe Shino could beat Sakura.
Kurenai trapped Itachi and Kisame in a Genjutsu.
Kurenai dodged attack from Itachi, and even tanked a kick from Itachi.

I say, Kurenai wins.

Unless this is pregnant Kurenai we are talking about?!! :D

tsuki 03-05-2012 08:52 AM

Since Kurenai has like no feats at all(except for a Genjutsu that takes a long time to activate) I say Sakura wins.

Kakashi11 03-05-2012 09:02 AM

Sakura has been shown to be good at resisting genjutsu and I think that is the only attack we have seen Kurenai use

Whereas Sakura has strength, good intelligence, and I may get hate for this but she helped take down Sasori, plus I think she got poisoned in that fight and stabbed and didn't even cry

Lady Tsunade 03-05-2012 09:44 AM

Kurenai attempts to put Sakura in a genjutsu, and Sakura uses her high chakra control and intelligence to break herself out. Sakura can break out of Itachi's illusions, so I don't see why breaking out of Kurenai's would be any more difficult.

Although Kurenai does have a few feats of being able to dodge and block some of Itachi's taijutsu attacks, she herself doesn't excel in taijutsu or speed. If Sakura keeps throwing strikes, whether it be at Kurenai or the ground, she's eventually going to slip up and take a blow, she doesn't have the skill to keep dodging over and over.

sharinganSOSP16 03-05-2012 09:51 AM

out all the training sakura got something but kurenai is a jounin with more experience and could take sakura out and win

Schnarf 03-05-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant (Post 5925529)
Well, Sakura is Chunin, while Kurenai is Jonin.

So? Rank really doesn't mean anything in the Naruverse anymore.

Quote:

In Part 1 they couldn't, they were nooby genin. In Part 2, they got the bells.

Quote:

Kurenai is obviously strongest in Team Kurenai, and I believe Shino could beat Sakura.

That's BS, she is obviously the weakest now.

Kurenai has really no major feats, while Sakura defeated Sasori with some help from Chiyo.

Even if Kurenai placed Sakura in a genjutsu, she has the ability to break out of it easily.

She has nothing else to help her win here, Sakura just blitzes and Kurenai will get pummeled sooner or later.

Ultimate combatant 03-05-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchnarfTacular (Post 5925873)
So? Rank really doesn't mean anything in the Naruverse anymore.

In Part 1 they couldn't, they were nooby genin. In Part 2, they got the bells.

That's BS, she is obviously the weakest now.

Kurenai has really no major feats, while Sakura defeated Sasori with some help from Chiyo.

Even if Kurenai placed Sakura in a genjutsu, she has the ability to break out of it easily.

She has nothing else to help her win here, Sakura just blitzes and Kurenai will get pummeled sooner or later.

Generally speaking, ranks tell quite a few things. There are exceptions, though.

In part 2, Naruto and Sakura together barely got the bells.

I think she is still the strongest.

Chiyo defeated Sasori with some help from Sakura.

I don`t remember Sakura being trapped in Itachi`s Genjutsu. When was that?

Sakura won`t do any blitzing, not with the speed she has. Kurenai did manage to to dodge hit from Itachi, so I`d sooner say Kurenai blitzes than Sakura. But there wouldn`t be Blitz. Not before Sakura being trapped in Genjutsu, anyway!!! :D

Schnarf 03-05-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant (Post 5925908)
Generally speaking, ranks tell quite a few things. There are exceptions, though.

In part 2, Naruto and Sakura together barely got the bells.

I think she is still the strongest.

Chiyo defeated Sasori with some help from Sakura.

I don`t remember Sakura being trapped in Itachi`s Genjutsu. When was that?

Sakura won`t do any blitzing, not with the speed she has. Kurenai did manage to to dodge hit from Itachi, so I`d sooner say Kurenai blitzes than Sakura. But there wouldn`t be Blitz. Not before Sakura being trapped in Genjutsu, anyway!!! :D

Ranks don't tell much, considering Naruto is a genin and one of the strongest shinobi ever.

They defeated him together.

It's been said that she has a good resistance against Genjutsu.

Kurenai isn't fast either. Like I said, Sakura would break out of the Genjutsu and pummel her.

MinatoXNaruto 03-05-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Not before she gets a raikiri pierced through the heart. If Kakashi is serious, she will get speedblitzed.

Hozuki 03-05-2012 04:17 PM

Nice answers, it is true that Sakura doesn't excel in speed, but Kurenai isn't that fast either. So Sakura would probably start running and Kurenai would probably turn into Sakura petals (I'm talking about the tree) and trap Sakura. So I think Kurenai would probably win this.

Super Sanin 3 03-05-2012 04:19 PM

I'm going with what LT said, we have been given clues to indicate that Sakura could break out of genjutsu that aren't top tier level like Tsukuyomi or anything. Her book smarts could possibly break her out of genjutsu the same way Kurenai got out of her own. Remember that Sakura has medical equipment like poisonous kunai and sleep bombs, and also adds super strength to her taijutsu which is better than a gap of that minute size in CQC skill. I assume that Kurenai mixes some genjutsu into her fighting style though, so it shouldn't be easy at all.