Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   The Bowl (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Why I hate the dubbed episodes (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=111729)

Jedi not from here 02-08-2012 10:14 AM

Why I hate the dubbed episodes

1. The voices are all wrong: Naruto sounds like an over-enthusiastic white-boy, Sakura sounds fake, Kakashi just sounds gay, all of the cast practically have the polar opposite voices compared to the normal version.
Not only that, but the English voices take like 99% of all the humor away.
Oh, and the pronunciation is WAY off.
TL;DR the only good English voices are possessed by the Akatsuki.

2. The re-animation: the minor changes in the facial structure's during the editing, to me, ruin absolutely everything.

3. The delay: I made some 12 year olds cry when I told them Kakashi died. The amount of time between the releases of the subbed version and the dubbed version is just way to broad.

4. It should have never been dubbed: if Cartoon Network was smart, they would just air the subbed versions and teach kids how to read faster. The only reason, I think, the episodes where dubbed is because of the grammatical differences in the language structure. Kids would be wondering why the characters are talking backwards.

I'm fine with the subbed version. I don't need audible translations

Schnarf 02-08-2012 12:29 PM

Re: Why I hate the dubbed episodes

Kakashi's voice is PIMP.

Ren Kurosaki 02-08-2012 12:42 PM

All I can say is if you don't like the dubbed, don't watch it. :)

roullex uchiha 02-08-2012 05:54 PM

Exactly don't watch it.

roullex uchiha 02-08-2012 05:54 PM

Certain parts are left out.

TatsumiTora 02-08-2012 07:45 PM

Are there really big differences between the dubbed and the subbed? Seriously, cause I have NEVER watched it in dubbed before.

Otocon 02-08-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TatsumiTora (Post 5885050)
Are there really big differences between the dubbed and the subbed? Seriously, cause I have NEVER watched it in dubbed before.

BIG Difference Geting used to the new voice and dubed is mostly wrong if its no an "Official" Dub

TatsumiTora 02-08-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otocon (Post 5885077)
BIG Difference Geting used to the new voice and dubed is mostly wrong if its no an "Official" Dub

So then the anime being dubbed it a bad thing? O.o

Ren Kurosaki 02-08-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TatsumiTora (Post 5885083)
So then the anime being dubbed it a bad thing? O.o

Not really, it all depends on the viewer whether they like it or not.

TatsumiTora 02-09-2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ren Kurosaki (Post 5885092)
Not really, it all depends on the viewer whether they like it or not.

Okay, :)

Senkaimon 02-09-2012 07:09 AM

I for one like watching stuff in a language I understand without needing a translation, thank you. To be honest, I don't get why people have the need to bash on it all the time, I could make a whole rant thread about my reasons for disliking the subbed version.

If it were on CN in subbed from the beginning, I definitely wouldn't have liked it, the voices would've turned me off in a second since I didn't know what the hell anime even was, much less in a different language. So would many people who were introduced to anime from the dubbed version.

wolfscar 02-09-2012 02:50 PM

The dubbed version isn't really that bad, it just depends on which one you watch first.
Personally i like laying down and watching Naruto dubbed, because its kinda hard to read them subbed like that.

White Zetsu 02-09-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senkaimon (Post 5885527)
I for one like watching stuff in a language I understand without needing a translation, thank you. To be honest, I don't get why people have the need to bash on it all the time, I could make a whole rant thread about my reasons for disliking the subbed version.

If it were on CN in subbed from the beginning, I definitely wouldn't have liked it, the voices would've turned me off in a second since I didn't know what the hell anime even was, much less in a different language. So would many people who were introduced to anime from the dubbed version.

agree with all of this. but i do think that they sometimes translate things awfully, or half backwards so it means something different and pronunciation is sometimes awful. and it depends on what voices youre talking about, liek Naruto can get annoying sometimes, (sadly so can shikamaru) but most of the others have fairly good voices. and technically isnt naruto white??? Blonde Hair, Blue eyes, fair skin. if thats not white, not much is.

Kunoichi 02-09-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Naruto sounds like an over-enthusiastic white-boy
oh now that just made me laugh.

Hidan of the Mist 02-12-2012 05:20 PM

i think japanese sounds cooler than english anyways; but at the same time im too lazy t0 be reading

SasukeDude96 02-12-2012 05:52 PM

I've watched the dub ever since it first premiered on CN, and I've never had any fault with the voice cast. I know I can't change your opinion on the dub, but in all honesty, it's really not as bad as most people make it out to be. The majority of dub haters just don't like the dub based on the fact that they saw the Japanese version first. I personally like both the dub and the Japanese version, and I saw the dub first. I guess I'm just not as picky as most people.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato 02-12-2012 06:07 PM

I think Kakashi's voice is pretty good, same goes with Yamato and Iruka
I don't like Aoba's dubbed voice..sounds too much like Shino...
Aoba's voice should be manlier and deeper

And for dubs, they get the translations wrong too sometimes

i like it better in japanese

Aizen Sosuke 02-12-2012 09:26 PM

dub really isn't that bad I mean yes they aren't on par with the Japanese but the dub did good I like most of the cast some voices i hate but most are good and Kakashi has a great 1. The only time I hated the dub was storm 2 bcuz of the horrible lip syncs

Naruske Uzuchi 02-12-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedi not from here (Post 5883688)
1. The voices are all wrong: Naruto sounds like an over-enthusiastic white-boy, Sakura sounds fake, Kakashi just sounds gay, all of the cast practically have the polar opposite voices compared to the normal version.
Not only that, but the English voices take like 99% of all the humor away.
Oh, and the pronunciation is WAY off.
TL;DR the only good English voices are possessed by the Akatsuki.

2. The re-animation: the minor changes in the facial structure's during the editing, to me, ruin absolutely everything.

3. The delay: I made some 12 year olds cry when I told them Kakashi died. The amount of time between the releases of the subbed version and the dubbed version is just way to broad.

4. It should have never been dubbed: if Cartoon Network was smart, they would just air the subbed versions and teach kids how to read faster. The only reason, I think, the episodes where dubbed is because of the grammatical differences in the language structure. Kids would be wondering why the characters are talking backwards.

I'm fine with the subbed version. I don't need audible translations

lol just because you watched the subbed part 1st don't mean dubbed is all bad. I mean look at some of the voices in sub... they are just horrible, but I bet you won't notice

AfterDark 02-24-2012 12:05 AM

Viz isn't the greatest at dubbing maybe if Naruto was dubbed by FUNimation it maybe better but who knows