Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Creative Corner (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Jettokosuta ga Daisukidesu! (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=110928)

Maikeru D. Shinigami 01-19-2012 10:10 AM

Jettokosuta ga Daisukidesu!

Jettokosuta ga Daisukidesu! (Love Rollercoaster! ジェットコースターが大好きです!)

Genre:
Harem, Romance, Comedy, Psychological

Prologue:
Spoiler:
Prologue
Emotional Scar

My name is Bastion Gastly. I know it’s an odd name, but I kind of like it. It makes me feel like a mixture of that Ra Yellow student from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX and the Ghost Pokemon, Gastly. Not to mention, it’s not a ridiculously common name. How many people have you known that were named Bastion? Anyways, I am now twenty years old, and am currently engaged to the love of my life. The story I am going to write for you is about how I met the girl I fell in love with and how we became a couple. Before I do that though, there are a few things I want to say about myself and others. When I was in school, I was a bit of a quiet guy. Some people thought I was being rude, but truthfully, I just didn’t feel the need or desire to say anything. Why should I have? I was happy with my life. I had every video game system that had ever come out and spent most of my time playing games on those systems. I was also really into puzzles. Not just jigsaw puzzles either. When I got in a certain mood, I might have spent an hour just putting a Rubik’s Cube together over and over again. Even though I also spent a lot of time admiring girls from afar, I had a hard time gathering the courage to talk to any of them. There was one girl in particular I wanted to talk to, but it was the same as with all the others. Up until tenth grade, I never had the courage to say anything to her.

Her name was Leigh Ann Quivers, and we had been acquaintances for three to four years at that time. I don’t want to say too much about her because that will spoil who she was. If I were to describe her in a few words that wouldn’t ruin my story though, I would say she was intelligent and imaginative. For many years, I thought that she would be my soul mate. When my tenth grade year started though, things got a bit trickier. I had finally worked up the courage to speak to her, but I never realized how much drama was about to surround me. I still have the same best friend that I had back then. His name is Theodore Masterson. We met in fourth grade and have been inseparable buddies ever since. He is about seven months younger than me, though we were in the same grade in school every year. He was more fun and talkative than I, though he had some deep secrets that no one knew about him. I will explain those things about these two in due time, for this story will include all three of us.

Why am I writing all of this down exactly? Well, I have always dreamed of being a writer, but never could think of what to write about. My fiance then asked me why I don’t just write a true story based on how we met. At first, I was wondering how well it would work as a story. After about two minutes of thinking, I decided she was right. I went through the ideas of what to call this writing, and in the end I came up with ‘Roller Coaster of Love’. The title has multiple meanings. For one, the whole story is an insane and unique love story. For anyone who has watched Japanese animation, you may see some similarities between my story and the stories of Japanese animation. I don’t really know any myself, but my friend Theodore was an anime freak and compared our story to that, so I’ll take his word for it. Another is because it reminds me of that one song I heard in a Final Destination movie. It also reminds me of another song by this Christian band that I can’t quite remember the name of.

While I was growing up myself, I had to raise my little sister, Valencia Gastly, who is two years younger than me. My mother was a single mom so she spent most of her time working to take care of us. We had a father up until my sister turned six when my mom kicked him out of the house and our lives. He wound out going to jail and it wasn’t until I was ten that I found out why. While I was going to ask my mom for something, I heard her chatting with a friend over the phone. She said that she had caught him raping my sister. She said that it had been hard holding back from killing him there but felt he deserved to live life suffering in a jail cell. Even many prisoners don’t take too kindly to child molesters. I hope he is getting what he deserves right now. If he ever gets out, I might just kill him myself. I didn’t know what jail or rape was back at that time, but when I found out, I went into a total rage.

Not only had my father turned out to be a scumbag, but he emotionally scarred my sister. She had mostly gotten over it by the time she turned thirteen, but it still affects her to this day. To start off, she has always had a fear of sleeping by herself. She wanted to lie beside someone she could trust so that someone could defend her if a man ever tried to touch her again. She also would scream or slap any guy who touched her up until she turned thirteen, aside from me. I was the one guy she trusted which made me feel special. I would have hated it if my sister had viewed me as an untrustworthy big brother. By the time she reached her eighth grade year, she had stopped screaming and slapping guys, though she still wasn’t too happy about being touched. She would just ask them to keep their hands off of her. My best friend Theodore eventually became like a second brother for her. I don’t mean to brag, but the biggest reason she got over it as fast as she did was because of my guidance. Actually, I do mean to brag a little.

Anyways, those are four people you need to know about for now, for they play a big part in the story. There are others who I will talk about as well, but let’s save some of the mystery for now. Before I begin this story, I want to say that I prefer writing from a third person perspective. The reason I wrote this in first person is because it seemed like a more simple way of writing it down. After I finish writing this prologue, I will move into a third person, past-tense writing style. There is only one more thing I need to explain. That is, the reason I learned was why I was shy in school.

Up through my tenth year of life, anytime I had asked someone out, they had always said yes. It didn’t matter whether I knew them or not, they just said yes. Then when I was eleven and in the summer between my fifth and sixth grade years, I met a girl who I fancied more than any other before. Her name was Rachel Andrews and she was a year younger than me. During that summer she and I dated. Of course, you know since I was like eleven years old it wasn’t really serious or anything like that. To her though, it was this whole romantic experience that I wasn’t ready for. How a ten year old girl could be so emotionally attached to a boy I didn’t understand, but I went along with as best as I could. After all, I may have been young, but it’s not like I wanted to hurt her feelings or anything. We spent the time visiting each other’s families, having cookouts or playing games together.

From what I observed, I’d say the reason Rachel was so romantic was because of her living environment. Her parents had a sort of fairy tale romance which many people believe doesn’t exist. My guess is that growing up around that, she was so ready to see the dating world for herself and to have her own fairy tale experience. For a while, she thought she had that with me. I have to admit, for a little bit, I thought I was starting to fall in love with her as well. Then suddenly, one day, my feelings for her started to deteriorate. To this day, I still care for her, but I couldn’t continue on in the relationship because I felt I would hurt her if I did. After about six months together, we I broke up with her. She was absolutely distraught by the news. She wound out spending a week in the hospital because of the stress I put on her. Yeah, adults say that kids can’t fall in love. My experience proves that wrong. I visited her daily for the first three days to make sure she was okay.

On my third day of visiting her, she told me it hurt more to see me and know that she can’t have me than to not see me. So, I left her alone. The last four days, I didn’t visit her once, I just started going to school and working on building my own life back up. The next year, I started noticing I was unable to talk to girls the way I used to. It was as if that one relationship just took my confidence out completely. I started playing games, writing and doing puzzles in my free time. I would avoid Rachel as best as I could, and she would do the same. About a year after our breakup, I had gotten over her and started fancying the girl I mentioned earlier, Leigh Ann Quivers. It was different than the way I liked every other girl I crushed on. The first moment I saw Leigh Ann, I felt like I was hit by a train. I was so entranced by her. We never really got close, but we would occasionally say hey and even have a small conversation every once in a while. At some moments, I thought that maybe she liked me too because she always smiled when she talked to me. I decided that I was just being delusional though.

Seventh grade passed and I was unable to speak to her. Eighth grade, I almost got up the courage to speak to her once, but again, it was no go. Ninth grade, we both went to high school and our mutual classes lessened to a point where I rarely saw her at all during the day. Sometime in those three years, Rachel and I reconnected. Not to a point where we started dating again, but to a point where we would actually talk to each other sometimes. I apologized to her and she accepted immediately saying that she knew I didn’t mean any harm. Those conversations with Rachel started building my confidence back up. I then realized why I had grown so shy in the first place. After what I had done to Rachel, I was living in fear of my past. I felt that I would get in another relationship and hurt another girl the way that I did her. When I told my best friend Theodore about that he understood completely. He was there for me every step of the way, and had my back, like he always did. He was, is and will always be the greatest best friend a guy can have.

Anyways, that will catch up to speed on the story of my life before the roller coaster that was my sophomore year. In this story, you will hear of how my best friend and I found our soul mates. You will hear the continuation of my development with Rachel, Leigh Ann, my sister, my best friend and others. You will hear of the trials and tribulations that I had to overcome to get where I am today with my fiance. So, strap yourself in tight, for this story is filled with twists and turns that could make any roller coaster jealous. You know if roller coasters had feelings. This is my story, the Roller Coaster of Love. Please enjoy!

Chapter 1:
Spoiler:
Chapter 1
Start of a New School Year

It was time for a new school year to begin at Kalvin Morewood High School in a small Oregon town named Tavernes. The school was named after its founder Kalvin Morewood, who was born on October 22nd, 1932. The school itself was opened in August of 1965. Kalvin funded the entire building process with money he earned through real estate. According to the story, Kalvin was a very generous man, always willing to help to common man, even after he became a big name in the small Oregon town. The new school year that saw the new sophomore class which included Bastion Gastly and Theodore Masterson was the year 2007. By that time, the school had received some modifications from the time it was originally built. The entire school was surrounded by a chain-link fence which had gates that led into a few different areas. Two were mainly for faculty and buses. One was used as an entrance and it passed around a parking lot to the other gate which was the exit. The buses would stop kids off at the front of school basically directly in front of the faculty office where guidance counselors and the principal dwelled inside. The building also had an information desk and an area behind the same desk where the morning announcements were made. It was basically the place where all the non-teacher faculty members hung out. There were four entrances, but only one was meant for students. The other gates led to a senior parking lot, an underclassmen parking lot and football stadium parking lot.

Almost all of the buildings were made of brick and to the right of the faculty office was the cafeteria which had metal double doors. It was probably around twenty yards away from the faculty building. Behind the cafeteria there was a courtyard where sidewalks ran from four different areas to a fountain in the middle. The fountain didn’t actually have water in it though, and by the way it looked, it didn’t seem to have been used in many years. The sidewalks led to other sidewalks which were covered by metal awnings. There were sidewalks everywhere around the school actually. It was impossible to go from class to class without having the option of taking sidewalk the entire way. Around the sidewalk area on the left side of the courtyard, there were benches on either side of the sidewalk. Beside the sidewalk, on the side opposite the courtyard, there were bushes lined up in front of another wooden building. The only area where it was different was an eight yard wide area where a concrete walkway led into the long building which lined the entire walkway. There was a door in the center which led to the library and soda machines on either side of the doorway. Inside the building, surrounding the library, were more rooms, all classrooms, and most of them were much small than the library. The only one that was the same size was the band room which was on the side further from the faculty building. That building and the faculty building were both the same length. Beside the soda machines where concrete sitting area that extended from the wall all the way to the walkway, the sitting areas were wide enough to fit probably ten kids on them. Between the cafeteria and faculty office, there were more sitting areas. These had an-eighth circle benches surrounding a circular table where parasols blocked out the sun from the center. All of the benches were red and grated. Behind the cafeteria, on the right side of the courtyard was the auditorium where many of the important things happened.

On the side of the courtyard opposite the cafeteria, the long building beside the courtyard continued around the corner. The walkway which ran toward the corner point of the building led to glass doors where inside there was a white tile floor room with trophies along the walls. On the other side of the room were more two more glass doors. The entire room was visible because there was glass around the doors as well. On either side of the trophy cases were three more doors. The one closest to the courtyard was on the left side of the trophies and led to the chorus room. On the other side of the trophies were doors that led to the In School Suspension and Weight rooms. On the other side of the white tile floor room were two more doors around corners. Beside the doors were entrances to bathrooms, a girls’ bathroom in front of one door and obviously a boys’ bathroom in front of the other one. The two doors led to the same room, the gymnasium. The gymnasium itself was surrounded by brick walls, though inside the walls just appeared white. The gymnasium was basically just a huge basketball court. There were a total of eight goals which hung from the ceiling. Two were on the far ends of the gym while three hang across on each side. There was a small stage area on the side beside the bathrooms. On the other side were two walkways which led to the locker rooms. On either side there were bleachers for sitting and between the locker rooms was another classroom which had two entrances. It was the Health room where students learned about health. There were two more doors in the gym, one beside each locker room. One door led out to the courtyard and the other led out behind the gym. Along the walls of the gym beside the courtyard were more red benches which sat along the gym wall.

Behind the gym were portable buildings, around sixteen in total, where some classes took place. They were on what seemed to be like an old asphalt basketball court. A single sidewalk led from the gym down in between the portable area and the football field. Beside the football parking lot, further away from the portables was another small brick building which had locker rooms for the football players and cheerleaders. The football field was surrounded by another chain-link fence which had four entrances, two on each side. One was right across from the locker room and one was closer to the other end of the football field. The same was true for the other side, except that the other side was just a grassy area which had another small brick building where the opposing teams could get ready for games. There was also a practice baseball field beside the building.. Inside the fence, between the gates there were metal ramp and stairs which led up to the metal bleachers at different points. The bleachers nearest the parking lot were about a third larger than the bleachers across. The ramps were on either end of each bleacher area. The football field itself was surrounded by an asphalt track. Between the football field and the gym there was another small area which dropped down from the sidewalk beside the gym. The area was a concrete area and had some small bushes and a single tree. The greenery was surrounded but not protected by concrete.

Back toward the front of the school, another sidewalk led out from the other side of the faculty office between the larger building with the library and another building which was just as long, but about three times as wide. There were three tiled hallways in the building, with classrooms on either side of each. Each side had around eight to ten classrooms. Most of the classrooms were just normal small classrooms, though the hallway on side closest to the football field had a wood shop room on one side of the hall and a culinary arts room on the other side. It was mainly a hallway for more artistic classes. On either side of the first two hallways, there were lockers between the classrooms. Behind the building and asphalt area could be seen but stopped abruptly just after the building when it reached a grassy area. Beside the building with the library there were more bushes lining the walls. The only exceptions were concrete areas which led into rooms. All the greenery was surrounded by mulch. On the other side of the building with three hallways, were two more brick buildings. They both were about two-thirds the side of the other building, so one led out close to the faculty parking lot. The buildings were separated only by a twenty foot wide sidewalk. Each building had about four classrooms on each side inside. Behind those buildings, closer to the football field was one more, smaller brick building. It was smaller because it was single classroom, the ROTC room.

There was one more building on the other side of the two buildings which was in a grassy area on the corner of two parking lots. It was a two-story metal building which was obviously newer than the other buildings. There were stairs inside and the building was an area for more classes. The school was fit for over a thousand students, making it one of the largest schools in Oregon. Of course, the state of Tavernes was one of the largest cities in Oregon as well. There was one more area of the school, which was a longer courtyard area. It was different from the one beside the cafeteria though. It was just across the sidewalk from the building with three hallways. Instead of being a place where students ate lunch, it was a place where teachers would sometimes hold outside classes. There were a total of eight more circular red grated tables with four red grated seats surrounding them. There were a few small trees which offered shade from the sun for some of the table areas. Between that courtyard and the faculty office was a long, but narrow heightened area surrounded by concrete where more greenery grew. The awnings covered every area aside from the courtyards, the outermost sidewalks and the entire area of the school around the football field from behind the classroom buildings and all the way back.

The town itself wasn’t extremely busy. Though there were plenty of buildings around, there was also plenty of roads and plenty of trees. Mainly only the main roads had stores, fast-food restaurants and gas stations around them. The school itself was across from a church and bushes on one side, a small apartment on the other side and streets where people lived on the other two sides. The town had a few lakes, one which was close to the school, about a mile away, at most. Then a few more which were on the other side of the city.

On that first day of their sophomore year, Bastion and Theodore walked from their homes to the school. They lived about a mile from the school and were walking in the front gate when they saw the familiar site of Kalvin Morewood High School. Bastion looked at it and said, “It’s the most advanced looking school in the world, but I sure as hell like it. Are you ready to begin our first year of high school where we aren’t at the bottom of the food chain?”

Bastion and Theodore were an odd duo. Bastion was a scruffy black haired boy with green eyes who on the day was wearing a black AC/DC shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers. He was often too lazy to brush his hair, which is why it was so scruffy. He was an average weight boy who stood around five-foot eight. Theodore on the other hand was more in shape. He had short brown hair along with blue eyes. He wasn’t the most muscular boy in school, but everyone could tell he worked out. He didn’t exactly have a six pack, but he was very fit. Much like Bastion, he wasn’t super skinny. He was about an average weight. He was a bit taller than Bastion though, standing at around five-foot-eleven. The only blemish according to some people is that he had mild acne and wore black-rimmed glasses for his eyesight. He was basically in love with Emma Stone though no one would have suspected that in reality he was an anime nerd.

“Of course man, of course,” Theodore answered, “Now that I am not one of the freshman, I’m eager to see what it’s like on the other side of the practical jokes.”

Bastion couldn’t help but laugh before replying, “We aren’t here to prank people Theodore.”

“Maybe not, but it sure would be fun, don’t you think?” Theodore chuckled, “I mean we had to go through some of those pranks last year. Why shouldn’t we have a little fun with the new kids ourselves?”

“Don’t get yourself into trouble,” Bastion sighed, “You know how pissed off your parents gets when you cause a ruckus.”

“Well, I sure as hell am not going to bore myself through school,” Theodore shot back, “You need to learn to live on the edge a little. Life is too short to not take a few risks every now again. I mean honestly, who uses the word ‘ruckus’ anymore Bastion? Are you from the Stone Age?”

“I just want to get through school without causing any trouble and get out so I can work on my future,” Bastion responded, “I’m not going to tell you what to do Theodore, but it would be wise if you tried to do that too.”

“Why? So I can spend my entire life always being serious?” Theodore argued, “Seriously, think about it Bastion. We have three more years to have a little fun with our lives. We have three more years to make mistakes. We might be able to get some more out of that if we’re lucky. Why stop having fun now when it may be our last chance to really set loose?”

Bastion looked at Theodore and thought about what he said. After a few minutes, Bastion smiled and shrugged, “You know, I never really liked work anyways. Maybe it would be fun to relax a little. Maybe I can play a sport or skip class.”

“Maybe you can finally talk to Leigh Ann Quivers too, aye?” Theodore nudged him, “Who knows, maybe she likes you too bro.”

“Dream on Theodore,” Bastion exclaimed, “I have liked her for about three and a half years now. What makes you think that she would date me now even if I did tell her? She would probably think of me as a coward for not talking to her sooner.”

Theodore looked at Bastion and raised his eyebrow. After a couple seconds he just laughed. After a couple seconds of laughing, he stopped and spoke back, “Look, you can do what you want Bastion, but don’t be naive. Do you honestly think Leigh Ann would call you a coward? She may be a blunt girl, but she is also a very understanding girl. Also, she has always been nice to you. Maybe getting your hopes up would be a bad idea, but you never know what might happen if you don’t try.”

“So, you are saying that I should just ask her out then,” Bastion said before taking a second to think about it, “You know, that might not be such a bad idea.”

“Might not?” Theodore laughed, “Dude, it would be anything but a bad idea. Just do it and see what happens.”

“Alright, I will,” Bastion replied brimming with new confidence as the bell rang. He looked over to Theodore and continued, “Well, it looks like it’s time to begin the new school year. Wish me luck Theo.”

“Good luck man,” Theodore grinned as he extended his hand. Bastion shook Theodore’s hand and they then walked off in different directions. Theodore walked down the sidewalk between the faculty office and the building with the library where he went into the first door on the left. Bastion walked down the sidewalk between the three hallways building and the building with the library. He stared down at his schedule and turned toward the second hallway. Before he opened the door he heard something that sounded like a branch cracking near the building across the sidewalk. He looked over to see no one over there, only the crowd of students walking down the sidewalk behind him. A couple of them looked back too which told Bastion it wasn’t just his mind. He shrugged it off figuring it was nothing and followed the crowd into the hallway. After walking with the crowd for about a minute, he found his first class. It was the next to last classroom on the left. The room number was ‘229’ and the door read, ‘Mrs. Hansel’.

Bastion walked into the class and took a look around to see a normal classroom with a chalkboard at the front, around thirty desks and a teacher’s desk in the corner with a computer on it. He looked around to see if he knew anyone in the class when he saw Rachel Andrews sitting in the middle of the room. Bastion walked through the classroom and took a seat beside her. He looked over and said to her, “Hello Rachel” with a smile.

Rachel turned to look at Bastion and got out of her seat. She gave Bastion a big hug and Bastion hugged her back. Rachel sat back in her seat and then cheerfully spoke back, “Hey Bastion, how has your summer been?”

Rachel was a pretty girl. She had dirty blonde hair which hung down to the middle of her spine along with hazel eyes. On that day she was wearing a light blue tee shirt which covered her up real well and a pair of black Capri pants. For shoes she wore a pair of black and white checkered converses. She wore small diamond earrings in each ear and a ‘What Would Jesus Do?’ blue wrist band on her left wrist. Unlike a lot of girls from her school, Rachel really didn’t like to show off any skin that wasn’t on her legs, face or arms. She wasn’t judged too much by it though since she was such a nice person. One thing that did make some people talk is that she was an accidental flirt. It kind of confused some guys she liked because they wouldn’t be able to tell what she thought about them. Either way, she was always cheerful and ready to do something exciting. She maintained her Christian beliefs that her parents instilled on her all throughout school. Some people suspected the reason she was flirty was because of her Christian background. A lot of kids with Christian parents shelter their children a lot. That was only half true for Rachel. Her parents did shelter her a bit, but they let her do her own thing once she got a little older and compared to others, was still a very pure girl.

Bastion looked back to her and answered, “I’ve had fun. How about you?”

“You know me,” Rachel shrugged, “I spent the time playing games, hanging out with friends and writing in my diary. Have you played any new games on your PS2 recently?”

“I don’t think I’ve played any new games,” Bastion responded, “But, I have played some games for the first time. For one, I had heard of these Kingdom Hearts games from a Gamestop clerk. When he told me about them, I was so interested that I just had to check them out. I’m glad I did too, because they were loads of fun.”

“Oh really,” Rachel began, “So, what’s it about?”

“It’s basically about a boy named Sora who travels between Disney universes and defeats enemies,” Bastion answered, “I don’t want to say took much about the story though. Just trust me when I say that it’s totally fun.”

“If that’s so, then I will definitely check it out,” Rachel smiled, “I need something new to play anyways. Everything I have in my house has gotten overplayed now.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean,” Bastion nodded, “I’m starting to get bored. If I don’t get something new to play, I might wind out ripping my hair out.”

Rachel held her hand over her mouth and laughed. Afterwards, her cheeks got red and she looked back to Bastion as she spoke, “You know, you don’t always necessarily have to play games to do something fun,” she paused and looked away, “You could always find yourself a girl and maybe go out on a date. You haven’t done that in over four years now.”

“Maybe I will try that,” Bastion replied, “But I’m not exactly having an easy time making myself talk to anyone. Who would I ask?”

Rachel looked at Bastion and her cheeks got a little redder, “We could always go out on a date. You know I still like you Bastion.”

“I don’t think I can,” Bastion sighed, “You know I care about you Rachel. After last time though, I just don’t think I can do it. If I dated you, I would want to know that I wouldn’t do the same thing that I did last time.”

Rachel leaned over to Bastion and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She then sat back straight in her desk and said to Bastion, “Thank you. Just remember that for the future.”

With those words, Mrs. Hansel walked into the classroom and Bastion’s first class of his sophomore year was ready to begin.

Chapter 2:
Spoiler:
Chapter 2
Courage

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio," a short and skinny girl with short black hair said on the auditorium stage in her drama class, "A fellow of most infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath bore me on his back a thousand times, and now how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one now to mock your own grinning? Quite chapfallen? Now get you to my lady's chamber and tell her, let her paint an inch thick, to this favor she must come. Make her laugh at that. Prithee, Horatio, tell me one thing."

After completing that final sentence, the girl took a bow and the students clapped. She walked off the stage and sat down in a chair beside Theodore. Theodore looked to her and complimented her, "You're a very good actress Valencia."

Valencia pulled a yo-yo out of her pocket and began to play with it as she responded, "Thank you dear. Those compliments of yours, they motivate me greatly. They rise my ambition to new heights. For so long, they have made my heart smile."

"I see you still need your yo-yo to talk to boys," Theodore sighed, "Do you think you'll ever get past that. It's going to be hard to find a boyfriend if you never put the thing down."

Valencia looked at Theodora and sized him up as if she was suspicious about his intentions. She continued playing with her yo-yo with one hand as she spoke back to him, "Oh, and what does that mean to you? Do you fancy me my dear? Is that why you worry? I am merely a fourteen year old girl with a career in film ahead of me. I do not desire to spend my time on boys."

"It's not that I don't believe in you," Theodore replied, "It's just that I know Bastion won't be able to take care of you forever. If your plans don't work out, who can you depend on?"

"That's kind of sad," Valencia shot back, "That you're so desperate to convince me that you don't even believe in my big brother. I only said I don't care, not that it's not an option."

"Well, you're right," Theodore laughed awkwardly, "Your brother really is that kind of guy. Still don't forget about it though. I don't want to see you have to struggle."

Valencia turned her head and blushed as she stopped playing with her yo-yo. The rest of the class, she couldn't say anything to Theodore. She intentionally stopped playing with her yo-yo, knowing that she couldn't reply. No matter how hard Theodore tried to make her talk, she just wouldn't. She was deep in thought though as through her head, she spoke, "I can't start liking this boy now. He's my brother's best friend. No, it's better if I just let the conversation die for this class period. I can talk to him again tomorrow and it'll all be fine."

When the bell rang, the two of them left the auditorium together. Theodore turned to her and said, "Well, I'll see you later Valencia."

Valencia pulled out her yo-yo and started walking the dog as she grinned while walking away from him, "Yes, you have a good rest of your day Teddy."

In the hallway between classes, Bastion found himself given a chance he had not been given in forever. Standing in front of him, at her locker, was the girl he had crushed on for over three years, Leigh Ann Quivers. She was an average height, pretty girl with long strawberry blonde hair that reached down to her thighs. She was dressed in a red tank top and black jeans. Bastion felt his knees go weak when he saw her. He just stood there, staring, unable to move as he was trying to make himself say something. It wasn't coming out though. Moments later, Leigh Ann shut her locker door and saw Bastion staring. She looked to him and asked, "May I help you?"

Bastion stood there, still unable to move for a few seconds. He was able to say something, but it was just a simple, "No," which wouldn't help his cause at all.

Leigh Ann sighed and then walked past him and responded, "Well, if you ain't going to have the balls to talk to me, don't have the balls to stare at me. I hope you didn't make me late for class."

Leigh Ann continued walking past Bastion as her words hit hard. He actually had a tear fall out of his eye. Somehow he managed to gain his courage and turned around, "Wait! Leigh Ann. I actually do have something I want to tell you."

"No shit," she replied, "I can sense your drool from here."

"I'm sorry for being a wuss, but when I see you, I just can't help myself," Bastion began, "My knees go weak and I don't know how to tell you what I want to tell you. We've never really spoken before and I feel like I don't have a chance. I've had a thing for you since seventh grade, but never been able to say anything because I've always been afraid. I want to tell you now though, that I am interested in you and that I'd like to be able to talk to you."

"Look, I know I was nice to you in Middle School, but that was a long time ago now," Leigh Ann said to him, "I admit to having had a bit of a crush on you, but you never took your chance. You're a nice guy Bastion, but you're just too late to talk to me now."

"Why?" Bastion exclaimed, "Do you have a boyfriend? Are you crushing on someone? Is there a time that's too late to talk to anyone? I'm not asking you to start dating me right now, I'm just asking you to talk to me knowing that I have an interest in you."

"Don't push your luck kiddo," Leigh Ann stated, "I don't take kindly to guys who try to force themselves on me. Though, I do think your logic makes very good sense. Why don't you give me a day or two to think about it? If I talk to you, it means I'm cool talking to me. If not, it's basically me telling you to get lost. What do you say to that?"

"I can accept that," Bastion nodded, "I won't bother you until then."

Leigh Ann actually let out a smile, one that she had not given to Bastion for a couple years. She then calmly said to him, "Thanks. Well, this was interesting. I need to get to class now though. If you made me late, you're not going to hear the end of it."

"Well, if I'm not hearing the end of it at least I know that means you're talking to me," Bastion pointed out.

Leigh Ann let out a chuckle, "Just don't depend on that. Later."

As Leigh Ann walked away, Bastion felt a sense of accomplishment. He had finally spoken to the girl he had had a crush on for years and felt pretty good about his chances to speak to her again. As he stood there for another second, he returned to the real world, the one where he needed to get to class so he wouldn't be late. He got to his class mere seconds before the bell rang. There was only one seat taken and it was next to the one girl Bastion didn't want to sit next to. She was a girl wearing all black with chains on her clothes and spikes on her boots. She had straight bangs with her black hair and green streaks which ran down to the middle of her spine.

She took a bite into a ham and cheese sandwich as Bastion sat down beside her. Bastion looked at her and with his courage still in his body, asked her, "Why are you eating cheese, Juliet? Aren't you lactose intolerant?"

"What's it to you?" Juliet shot back, "I can eat whatever the hell I want. It's none of your business."

"Yeah, but you shouldn't be eating dairy if you're lactose intolerant," Bastion replied.

"To hell with that," Juliet responded, "I don't care. If I die because I eat a cheese sandwich, then I will. I'd rather eat dairy and be constipated than have to live without it. It's too damn good. Surely all you people who aren't allergic to dairy should know that."

As the two of them sat there, a girl on the other side of the classroom stared at Bastion. She wasn't making herself obvious, but she watched him like a hawk. Bastion didn't even notice her existence at the time. Of all the people in the world he couldn't have noticed, not noticing her was the worst thing he could ever do.

Chapter 3:
Spoiler:
Chapter 3
Juliet Owings

"Who does that stupid goth bitch think she is?" the cute, short brunette staring girl asked herself, "She should know better than to flirt with my Bastion. I'll rip her hair out and shove it down her throat. I bet that'll send the message across. Wait, calm down Kara. That would be unwomanly, and there's no telling that she actually likes him anyways. I could just do something slightly less deadly. Perhaps I could hit her in the head with a baseball bat, busting open her brain.

With that, a voice was heard from the teacher at the front of the classroom, an old lady, named Ms. Oizer, "Kara, are you okay? You look a little tense back there. Do you need to go see the nurse."

"Oh no, I'm fine," Kara answered with a smile, "I'm just thinking about some things. I wouldn't want to miss a minute of your lecture, Ms. Oizer."

"Alright, but you seem pretty distracted from the lecture to me," Ms. Oizer replied, "If you need to go to the nurse or guidance counselor, you can just get up and go if you want to."

"I said I'll be fine," Kara repeated in a bit of a more tense tone before calming down, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound mean. I really am fine. You know I always make good grades in your class no matter how much I listen."

"Well, I still don't know if I believe--," Ms. Oizer began.

"She said that she's fine," Juliet interrupted, "If she said she's fine, she's fine. You're supposed to be a teacher. It's none of your concern."

"Juliet, are you mouthing off again?" Ms. asked.

"Well, I sure as hell ain't listening to your bullshit," Juliet shot back.

Those words caused the class to chuckle as Ms. Oizer exclaimed, "Do you all find her funny? Do you find disrespect humorous? Juliet, go to the Principal's Office."

"Whatever, it wouldn't be a normal day if I avoided the principal all day," Juliet replied, "Have fun teaching, if you can call this that."

"I shall, my life is much better than the life of some delinquent child," Ms. Oizer dished it back.

Juliet's body tensed up as she was trying to hold herself back from punching her teacher. She was close to letting loose, but wound out being successful as she spoke calmly, "I'm going to be the bigger person here and take that blow. Later teach."

Juliet walked out of the room and Ms. Oizer went back to teaching the class. The class continued with no interruptions as the bell rang at the end. While they went on with their class though, a scene was taking place in the principal's office. The principal, a short black-haired man with glasses named Principal Lowser said to her, "This is the fifth time this week I've had to speak with you, and it's only Wednesday. Can you keep control of yourself for even just a moment?"

"Actually I can," Juliet told him, "I held myself back from punching my teacher in the face. That took a lot of effort. You really have no idea."

"Juliet, even if you didn't do it, I worry that you won't be able to hold yourself back one day," Principal Lowser spoke with a hint of concern in his voice, "I don't want any of the students in my school to go through that."

"Please, if I've been able to hold myself back as much I have so far, I can keep holding myself back," Juliet responded, "Maybe I'm just having a little fun. All of those people were being bullies."

"Look Juliet, I have no problem with the way you treat bullies, but I want you to be careful," Principal Lowser said to her, "I want you to take the rest of the week out of class."

"Are you suspending me?" Juliet asked.

"Yes, because I think you need it," Principal Lowser answered, "I want you to have time to clear your head, and this seems like the only way."

Juliet actually looked to have a bit of fear in her eyes for a second, but quickly regained her composure and spoke, "Alright, if you think that's what I need, then I will do as you ask. Though, I must say, this system is effed up. Not being able to pummel a bully is something that's wrong with this country."

"Take care of yourself Juliet," Principal Lowser replied, "I'll see you next Monday."

Juliet gave him a nod and walked out the door. She walked through the front parking lot and out the gate. When she got outside, she walked a couple blocks behind a convenient store, where she sat on the ground and began to cry, "I don't want to go home. Anywhere but there."

As Bastion walked out of his class, he was followed by Kara. She tried to keep out of sight, but Bastion felt her presence. As he did, he turned around and spoke, "Kara, is that you?"

Characters:

BoxHead 01-19-2012 02:57 PM

Re: Jettokosuta ga Daisukidesu!

...THIS is your harem?!

Maikeru D. Shinigami 01-19-2012 03:05 PM

It will be. :geek:

Maikeru D. Shinigami 06-20-2012 02:40 PM

Prologue
Emotional Scar

My name is Bastion Gastly. I know it’s an odd name, but I kind of like it. It makes me feel like a mixture of that Ra Yellow student from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX and the Ghost Pokemon, Gastly. Not to mention, it’s not a ridiculously common name. How many people have you known that were named Bastion? Anyways, I am now twenty years old, and am currently engaged to the love of my life. The story I am going to write for you is about how I met the girl I fell in love with and how we became a couple. Before I do that though, there are a few things I want to say about myself and others. When I was in school, I was a bit of a quiet guy. Some people thought I was being rude, but truthfully, I just didn’t feel the need or desire to say anything. Why should I have? I was happy with my life. I had every video game system that had ever come out and spent most of my time playing games on those systems. I was also really into puzzles. Not just jigsaw puzzles either. When I got in a certain mood, I might have spent an hour just putting a Rubik’s Cube together over and over again. Even though I also spent a lot of time admiring girls from afar, I had a hard time gathering the courage to talk to any of them. There was one girl in particular I wanted to talk to, but it was the same as with all the others. Up until tenth grade, I never had the courage to say anything to her.

Her name was Leigh Ann Quivers, and we had been acquaintances for three to four years at that time. I don’t want to say too much about her because that will spoil who she was. If I were to describe her in a few words that wouldn’t ruin my story though, I would say she was intelligent and imaginative. For many years, I thought that she would be my soul mate. When my tenth grade year started though, things got a bit trickier. I had finally worked up the courage to speak to her, but I never realized how much drama was about to surround me. I still have the same best friend that I had back then. His name is Theodore Masterson. We met in fourth grade and have been inseparable buddies ever since. He is about seven months younger than me, though we were in the same grade in school every year. He was more fun and talkative than I, though he had some deep secrets that no one knew about him. I will explain those things about these two in due time, for this story will include all three of us.

Why am I writing all of this down exactly? Well, I have always dreamed of being a writer, but never could think of what to write about. My fiance then asked me why I don’t just write a true story based on how we met. At first, I was wondering how well it would work as a story. After about two minutes of thinking, I decided she was right. I went through the ideas of what to call this writing, and in the end I came up with ‘Roller Coaster of Love’. The title has multiple meanings. For one, the whole story is an insane and unique love story. For anyone who has watched Japanese animation, you may see some similarities between my story and the stories of Japanese animation. I don’t really know any myself, but my friend Theodore was an anime freak and compared our story to that, so I’ll take his word for it. Another is because it reminds me of that one song I heard in a Final Destination movie. It also reminds me of another song by this Christian band that I can’t quite remember the name of.

While I was growing up myself, I had to raise my little sister, Valencia Gastly, who is two years younger than me. My mother was a single mom so she spent most of her time working to take care of us. We had a father up until my sister turned six when my mom kicked him out of the house and our lives. He wound out going to jail and it wasn’t until I was ten that I found out why. While I was going to ask my mom for something, I heard her chatting with a friend over the phone. She said that she had caught him raping my sister. She said that it had been hard holding back from killing him there but felt he deserved to live life suffering in a jail cell. Even many prisoners don’t take too kindly to child molesters. I hope he is getting what he deserves right now. If he ever gets out, I might just kill him myself. I didn’t know what jail or rape was back at that time, but when I found out, I went into a total rage.

Not only had my father turned out to be a scumbag, but he emotionally scarred my sister. She had mostly gotten over it by the time she turned thirteen, but it still affects her to this day. To start off, she has always had a fear of sleeping by herself. She wanted to lie beside someone she could trust so that someone could defend her if a man ever tried to touch her again. She also would scream or slap any guy who touched her up until she turned thirteen, aside from me. I was the one guy she trusted which made me feel special. I would have hated it if my sister had viewed me as an untrustworthy big brother. By the time she reached her eighth grade year, she had stopped screaming and slapping guys, though she still wasn’t too happy about being touched. She would just ask them to keep their hands off of her. My best friend Theodore eventually became like a second brother for her. I don’t mean to brag, but the biggest reason she got over it as fast as she did was because of my guidance. Actually, I do mean to brag a little.

Anyways, those are four people you need to know about for now, for they play a big part in the story. There are others who I will talk about as well, but let’s save some of the mystery for now. Before I begin this story, I want to say that I prefer writing from a third person perspective. The reason I wrote this in first person is because it seemed like a more simple way of writing it down. After I finish writing this prologue, I will move into a third person, past-tense writing style. There is only one more thing I need to explain. That is, the reason I learned was why I was shy in school.

Up through my tenth year of life, anytime I had asked someone out, they had always said yes. It didn’t matter whether I knew them or not, they just said yes. Then when I was eleven and in the summer between my fifth and sixth grade years, I met a girl who I fancied more than any other before. Her name was Rachel Andrews and she was a year younger than me. During that summer she and I dated. Of course, you know since I was like eleven years old it wasn’t really serious or anything like that. To her though, it was this whole romantic experience that I wasn’t ready for. How a ten year old girl could be so emotionally attached to a boy I didn’t understand, but I went along with as best as I could. After all, I may have been young, but it’s not like I wanted to hurt her feelings or anything. We spent the time visiting each other’s families, having cookouts or playing games together.

From what I observed, I’d say the reason Rachel was so romantic was because of her living environment. Her parents had a sort of fairy tale romance which many people believe doesn’t exist. My guess is that growing up around that, she was so ready to see the dating world for herself and to have her own fairy tale experience. For a while, she thought she had that with me. I have to admit, for a little bit, I thought I was starting to fall in love with her as well. Then suddenly, one day, my feelings for her started to deteriorate. To this day, I still care for her, but I couldn’t continue on in the relationship because I felt I would hurt her if I did. After about six months together, we I broke up with her. She was absolutely distraught by the news. She wound out spending a week in the hospital because of the stress I put on her. Yeah, adults say that kids can’t fall in love. My experience proves that wrong. I visited her daily for the first three days to make sure she was okay.

On my third day of visiting her, she told me it hurt more to see me and know that she can’t have me than to not see me. So, I left her alone. The last four days, I didn’t visit her once, I just started going to school and working on building my own life back up. The next year, I started noticing I was unable to talk to girls the way I used to. It was as if that one relationship just took my confidence out completely. I started playing games, writing and doing puzzles in my free time. I would avoid Rachel as best as I could, and she would do the same. About a year after our breakup, I had gotten over her and started fancying the girl I mentioned earlier, Leigh Ann Quivers. It was different than the way I liked every other girl I crushed on. The first moment I saw Leigh Ann, I felt like I was hit by a train. I was so entranced by her. We never really got close, but we would occasionally say hey and even have a small conversation every once in a while. At some moments, I thought that maybe she liked me too because she always smiled when she talked to me. I decided that I was just being delusional though.

Seventh grade passed and I was unable to speak to her. Eighth grade, I almost got up the courage to speak to her once, but again, it was no go. Ninth grade, we both went to high school and our mutual classes lessened to a point where I rarely saw her at all during the day. Sometime in those three years, Rachel and I reconnected. Not to a point where we started dating again, but to a point where we would actually talk to each other sometimes. I apologized to her and she accepted immediately saying that she knew I didn’t mean any harm. Those conversations with Rachel started building my confidence back up. I then realized why I had grown so shy in the first place. After what I had done to Rachel, I was living in fear of my past. I felt that I would get in another relationship and hurt another girl the way that I did her. When I told my best friend Theodore about that he understood completely. He was there for me every step of the way, and had my back, like he always did. He was, is and will always be the greatest best friend a guy can have.

Anyways, that will catch up to speed on the story of my life before the roller coaster that was my sophomore year. In this story, you will hear of how my best friend and I found our soul mates. You will hear the continuation of my development with Rachel, Leigh Ann, my sister, my best friend and others. You will hear of the trials and tribulations that I had to overcome to get where I am today with my fiance. So, strap yourself in tight, for this story is filled with twists and turns that could make any roller coaster jealous. You know if roller coasters had feelings. This is my story, the Roller Coaster of Love. Please enjoy!

Chapter 1
Start of a New School Year

It was time for a new school year to begin at Kalvin Morewood High School in a small Oregon town named Tavernes. The school was named after its founder Kalvin Morewood, who was born on October 22nd, 1932. The school itself was opened in August of 1965. Kalvin funded the entire building process with money he earned through real estate. According to the story, Kalvin was a very generous man, always willing to help to common man, even after he became a big name in the small Oregon town. The new school year that saw the new sophomore class which included Bastion Gastly and Theodore Masterson was the year 2007. By that time, the school had received some modifications from the time it was originally built. The entire school was surrounded by a chain-link fence which had gates that led into a few different areas. Two were mainly for faculty and buses. One was used as an entrance and it passed around a parking lot to the other gate which was the exit. The buses would stop kids off at the front of school basically directly in front of the faculty office where guidance counselors and the principal dwelled inside. The building also had an information desk and an area behind the same desk where the morning announcements were made. It was basically the place where all the non-teacher faculty members hung out. There were four entrances, but only one was meant for students. The other gates led to a senior parking lot, an underclassmen parking lot and football stadium parking lot.

Almost all of the buildings were made of brick and to the right of the faculty office was the cafeteria which had metal double doors. It was probably around twenty yards away from the faculty building. Behind the cafeteria there was a courtyard where sidewalks ran from four different areas to a fountain in the middle. The fountain didn’t actually have water in it though, and by the way it looked, it didn’t seem to have been used in many years. The sidewalks led to other sidewalks which were covered by metal awnings. There were sidewalks everywhere around the school actually. It was impossible to go from class to class without having the option of taking sidewalk the entire way. Around the sidewalk area on the left side of the courtyard, there were benches on either side of the sidewalk. Beside the sidewalk, on the side opposite the courtyard, there were bushes lined up in front of another wooden building. The only area where it was different was an eight yard wide area where a concrete walkway led into the long building which lined the entire walkway. There was a door in the center which led to the library and soda machines on either side of the doorway. Inside the building, surrounding the library, were more rooms, all classrooms, and most of them were much small than the library. The only one that was the same size was the band room which was on the side further from the faculty building. That building and the faculty building were both the same length. Beside the soda machines where concrete sitting area that extended from the wall all the way to the walkway, the sitting areas were wide enough to fit probably ten kids on them. Between the cafeteria and faculty office, there were more sitting areas. These had an-eighth circle benches surrounding a circular table where parasols blocked out the sun from the center. All of the benches were red and grated. Behind the cafeteria, on the right side of the courtyard was the auditorium where many of the important things happened.

On the side of the courtyard opposite the cafeteria, the long building beside the courtyard continued around the corner. The walkway which ran toward the corner point of the building led to glass doors where inside there was a white tile floor room with trophies along the walls. On the other side of the room were more two more glass doors. The entire room was visible because there was glass around the doors as well. On either side of the trophy cases were three more doors. The one closest to the courtyard was on the left side of the trophies and led to the chorus room. On the other side of the trophies were doors that led to the In School Suspension and Weight rooms. On the other side of the white tile floor room were two more doors around corners. Beside the doors were entrances to bathrooms, a girls’ bathroom in front of one door and obviously a boys’ bathroom in front of the other one. The two doors led to the same room, the gymnasium. The gymnasium itself was surrounded by brick walls, though inside the walls just appeared white. The gymnasium was basically just a huge basketball court. There were a total of eight goals which hung from the ceiling. Two were on the far ends of the gym while three hang across on each side. There was a small stage area on the side beside the bathrooms. On the other side were two walkways which led to the locker rooms. On either side there were bleachers for sitting and between the locker rooms was another classroom which had two entrances. It was the Health room where students learned about health. There were two more doors in the gym, one beside each locker room. One door led out to the courtyard and the other led out behind the gym. Along the walls of the gym beside the courtyard were more red benches which sat along the gym wall.

Behind the gym were portable buildings, around sixteen in total, where some classes took place. They were on what seemed to be like an old asphalt basketball court. A single sidewalk led from the gym down in between the portable area and the football field. Beside the football parking lot, further away from the portables was another small brick building which had locker rooms for the football players and cheerleaders. The football field was surrounded by another chain-link fence which had four entrances, two on each side. One was right across from the locker room and one was closer to the other end of the football field. The same was true for the other side, except that the other side was just a grassy area which had another small brick building where the opposing teams could get ready for games. There was also a practice baseball field beside the building.. Inside the fence, between the gates there were metal ramp and stairs which led up to the metal bleachers at different points. The bleachers nearest the parking lot were about a third larger than the bleachers across. The ramps were on either end of each bleacher area. The football field itself was surrounded by an asphalt track. Between the football field and the gym there was another small area which dropped down from the sidewalk beside the gym. The area was a concrete area and had some small bushes and a single tree. The greenery was surrounded but not protected by concrete.

Back toward the front of the school, another sidewalk led out from the other side of the faculty office between the larger building with the library and another building which was just as long, but about three times as wide. There were three tiled hallways in the building, with classrooms on either side of each. Each side had around eight to ten classrooms. Most of the classrooms were just normal small classrooms, though the hallway on side closest to the football field had a wood shop room on one side of the hall and a culinary arts room on the other side. It was mainly a hallway for more artistic classes. On either side of the first two hallways, there were lockers between the classrooms. Behind the building and asphalt area could be seen but stopped abruptly just after the building when it reached a grassy area. Beside the building with the library there were more bushes lining the walls. The only exceptions were concrete areas which led into rooms. All the greenery was surrounded by mulch. On the other side of the building with three hallways, were two more brick buildings. They both were about two-thirds the side of the other building, so one led out close to the faculty parking lot. The buildings were separated only by a twenty foot wide sidewalk. Each building had about four classrooms on each side inside. Behind those buildings, closer to the football field was one more, smaller brick building. It was smaller because it was single classroom, the ROTC room.

There was one more building on the other side of the two buildings which was in a grassy area on the corner of two parking lots. It was a two-story metal building which was obviously newer than the other buildings. There were stairs inside and the building was an area for more classes. The school was fit for over a thousand students, making it one of the largest schools in Oregon. Of course, the state of Tavernes was one of the largest cities in Oregon as well. There was one more area of the school, which was a longer courtyard area. It was different from the one beside the cafeteria though. It was just across the sidewalk from the building with three hallways. Instead of being a place where students ate lunch, it was a place where teachers would sometimes hold outside classes. There were a total of eight more circular red grated tables with four red grated seats surrounding them. There were a few small trees which offered shade from the sun for some of the table areas. Between that courtyard and the faculty office was a long, but narrow heightened area surrounded by concrete where more greenery grew. The awnings covered every area aside from the courtyards, the outermost sidewalks and the entire area of the school around the football field from behind the classroom buildings and all the way back.

The town itself wasn’t extremely busy. Though there were plenty of buildings around, there was also plenty of roads and plenty of trees. Mainly only the main roads had stores, fast-food restaurants and gas stations around them. The school itself was across from a church and bushes on one side, a small apartment on the other side and streets where people lived on the other two sides. The town had a few lakes, one which was close to the school, about a mile away, at most. Then a few more which were on the other side of the city.

On that first day of their sophomore year, Bastion and Theodore walked from their homes to the school. They lived about a mile from the school and were walking in the front gate when they saw the familiar site of Kalvin Morewood High School. Bastion looked at it and said, “It’s the most advanced looking school in the world, but I sure as hell like it. Are you ready to begin our first year of high school where we aren’t at the bottom of the food chain?”

Bastion and Theodore were an odd duo. Bastion was a scruffy black haired boy with green eyes who on the day was wearing a black AC/DC shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers. He was often too lazy to brush his hair, which is why it was so scruffy. He was an average weight boy who stood around five-foot eight. Theodore on the other hand was more in shape. He had short brown hair along with blue eyes. He wasn’t the most muscular boy in school, but everyone could tell he worked out. He didn’t exactly have a six pack, but he was very fit. Much like Bastion, he wasn’t super skinny. He was about an average weight. He was a bit taller than Bastion though, standing at around five-foot-eleven. The only blemish according to some people is that he had mild acne and wore black-rimmed glasses for his eyesight. He was basically in love with Emma Stone though no one would have suspected that in reality he was an anime nerd.

“Of course man, of course,” Theodore answered, “Now that I am not one of the freshman, I’m eager to see what it’s like on the other side of the practical jokes.”

Bastion couldn’t help but laugh before replying, “We aren’t here to prank people Theodore.”

“Maybe not, but it sure would be fun, don’t you think?” Theodore chuckled, “I mean we had to go through some of those pranks last year. Why shouldn’t we have a little fun with the new kids ourselves?”

“Don’t get yourself into trouble,” Bastion sighed, “You know how pissed off your parents gets when you cause a ruckus.”

“Well, I sure as hell am not going to bore myself through school,” Theodore shot back, “You need to learn to live on the edge a little. Life is too short to not take a few risks every now again. I mean honestly, who uses the word ‘ruckus’ anymore Bastion? Are you from the Stone Age?”

“I just want to get through school without causing any trouble and get out so I can work on my future,” Bastion responded, “I’m not going to tell you what to do Theodore, but it would be wise if you tried to do that too.”

“Why? So I can spend my entire life always being serious?” Theodore argued, “Seriously, think about it Bastion. We have three more years to have a little fun with our lives. We have three more years to make mistakes. We might be able to get some more out of that if we’re lucky. Why stop having fun now when it may be our last chance to really set loose?”

Bastion looked at Theodore and thought about what he said. After a few minutes, Bastion smiled and shrugged, “You know, I never really liked work anyways. Maybe it would be fun to relax a little. Maybe I can play a sport or skip class.”

“Maybe you can finally talk to Leigh Ann Quivers too, aye?” Theodore nudged him, “Who knows, maybe she likes you too bro.”

“Dream on Theodore,” Bastion exclaimed, “I have liked her for about three and a half years now. What makes you think that she would date me now even if I did tell her? She would probably think of me as a coward for not talking to her sooner.”

Theodore looked at Bastion and raised his eyebrow. After a couple seconds he just laughed. After a couple seconds of laughing, he stopped and spoke back, “Look, you can do what you want Bastion, but don’t be naive. Do you honestly think Leigh Ann would call you a coward? She may be a blunt girl, but she is also a very understanding girl. Also, she has always been nice to you. Maybe getting your hopes up would be a bad idea, but you never know what might happen if you don’t try.”

“So, you are saying that I should just ask her out then,” Bastion said before taking a second to think about it, “You know, that might not be such a bad idea.”

“Might not?” Theodore laughed, “Dude, it would be anything but a bad idea. Just do it and see what happens.”

“Alright, I will,” Bastion replied brimming with new confidence as the bell rang. He looked over to Theodore and continued, “Well, it looks like it’s time to begin the new school year. Wish me luck Theo.”

“Good luck man,” Theodore grinned as he extended his hand. Bastion shook Theodore’s hand and they then walked off in different directions. Theodore walked down the sidewalk between the faculty office and the building with the library where he went into the first door on the left. Bastion walked down the sidewalk between the three hallways building and the building with the library. He stared down at his schedule and turned toward the second hallway. Before he opened the door he heard something that sounded like a branch cracking near the building across the sidewalk. He looked over to see no one over there, only the crowd of students walking down the sidewalk behind him. A couple of them looked back too which told Bastion it wasn’t just his mind. He shrugged it off figuring it was nothing and followed the crowd into the hallway. After walking with the crowd for about a minute, he found his first class. It was the next to last classroom on the left. The room number was ‘229’ and the door read, ‘Mrs. Hansel’.

Bastion walked into the class and took a look around to see a normal classroom with a chalkboard at the front, around thirty desks and a teacher’s desk in the corner with a computer on it. He looked around to see if he knew anyone in the class when he saw Rachel Andrews sitting in the middle of the room. Bastion walked through the classroom and took a seat beside her. He looked over and said to her, “Hello Rachel” with a smile.

Rachel turned to look at Bastion and got out of her seat. She gave Bastion a big hug and Bastion hugged her back. Rachel sat back in her seat and then cheerfully spoke back, “Hey Bastion, how has your summer been?”

Rachel was a pretty girl. She had dirty blonde hair which hung down to the middle of her spine along with hazel eyes. On that day she was wearing a light blue tee shirt which covered her up real well and a pair of black Capri pants. For shoes she wore a pair of black and white checkered converses. She wore small diamond earrings in each ear and a ‘What Would Jesus Do?’ blue wrist band on her left wrist. Unlike a lot of girls from her school, Rachel really didn’t like to show off any skin that wasn’t on her legs, face or arms. She wasn’t judged too much by it though since she was such a nice person. One thing that did make some people talk is that she was an accidental flirt. It kind of confused some guys she liked because they wouldn’t be able to tell what she thought about them. Either way, she was always cheerful and ready to do something exciting. She maintained her Christian beliefs that her parents instilled on her all throughout school. Some people suspected the reason she was flirty was because of her Christian background. A lot of kids with Christian parents shelter their children a lot. That was only half true for Rachel. Her parents did shelter her a bit, but they let her do her own thing once she got a little older and compared to others, was still a very pure girl.

Bastion looked back to her and answered, “I’ve had fun. How about you?”

“You know me,” Rachel shrugged, “I spent the time playing games, hanging out with friends and writing in my diary. Have you played any new games on your PS2 recently?”

“I don’t think I’ve played any new games,” Bastion responded, “But, I have played some games for the first time. For one, I had heard of these Kingdom Hearts games from a Gamestop clerk. When he told me about them, I was so interested that I just had to check them out. I’m glad I did too, because they were loads of fun.”

“Oh really,” Rachel began, “So, what’s it about?”

“It’s basically about a boy named Sora who travels between Disney universes and defeats enemies,” Bastion answered, “I don’t want to say took much about the story though. Just trust me when I say that it’s totally fun.”

“If that’s so, then I will definitely check it out,” Rachel smiled, “I need something new to play anyways. Everything I have in my house has gotten overplayed now.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean,” Bastion nodded, “I’m starting to get bored. If I don’t get something new to play, I might wind out ripping my hair out.”

Rachel held her hand over her mouth and laughed. Afterwards, her cheeks got red and she looked back to Bastion as she spoke, “You know, you don’t always necessarily have to play games to do something fun,” she paused and looked away, “You could always find yourself a girl and maybe go out on a date. You haven’t done that in over four years now.”

“Maybe I will try that,” Bastion replied, “But I’m not exactly having an easy time making myself talk to anyone. Who would I ask?”

Rachel looked at Bastion and her cheeks got a little redder, “We could always go out on a date. You know I still like you Bastion.”

“I don’t think I can,” Bastion sighed, “You know I care about you Rachel. After last time though, I just don’t think I can do it. If I dated you, I would want to know that I wouldn’t do the same thing that I did last time.”

Rachel leaned over to Bastion and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She then sat back straight in her desk and said to Bastion, “Thank you. Just remember that for the future.”

With those words, Mrs. Hansel walked into the classroom and Bastion’s first class of his sophomore year was ready to begin.

Jonesy 06-20-2012 02:42 PM

:o Ooooo.

/excited

I can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

Maikeru D. Shinigami 06-20-2012 02:44 PM

Finally got it to post correctly.

Devroux 12-27-2012 11:14 PM

*pushes you down*

You already posted chapter one. D:<

Maikeru D. Shinigami 12-28-2012 12:28 AM

Chapter 2
Courage

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio," a short and skinny girl with short black hair said on the auditorium stage in her drama class, "A fellow of most infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath bore me on his back a thousand times, and now how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one now to mock your own grinning? Quite chapfallen? Now get you to my lady's chamber and tell her, let her paint an inch thick, to this favor she must come. Make her laugh at that. Prithee, Horatio, tell me one thing."

After completing that final sentence, the girl took a bow and the students clapped. She walked off the stage and sat down in a chair beside Theodore. Theodore looked to her and complimented her, "You're a very good actress Valencia."

Valencia pulled a yo-yo out of her pocket and began to play with it as she responded, "Thank you dear. Those compliments of yours, they motivate me greatly. They rise my ambition to new heights. For so long, they have made my heart smile."

"I see you still need your yo-yo to talk to boys," Theodore sighed, "Do you think you'll ever get past that. It's going to be hard to find a boyfriend if you never put the thing down."

Valencia looked at Theodora and sized him up as if she was suspicious about his intentions. She continued playing with her yo-yo with one hand as she spoke back to him, "Oh, and what does that mean to you? Do you fancy me my dear? Is that why you worry? I am merely a fourteen year old girl with a career in film ahead of me. I do not desire to spend my time on boys."

"It's not that I don't believe in you," Theodore replied, "It's just that I know Bastion won't be able to take care of you forever. If your plans don't work out, who can you depend on?"

"That's kind of sad," Valencia shot back, "That you're so desperate to convince me that you don't even believe in my big brother. I only said I don't care, not that it's not an option."

"Well, you're right," Theodore laughed awkwardly, "Your brother really is that kind of guy. Still don't forget about it though. I don't want to see you have to struggle."

Valencia turned her head and blushed as she stopped playing with her yo-yo. The rest of the class, she couldn't say anything to Theodore. She intentionally stopped playing with her yo-yo, knowing that she couldn't reply. No matter how hard Theodore tried to make her talk, she just wouldn't. She was deep in thought though as through her head, she spoke, "I can't start liking this boy now. He's my brother's best friend. No, it's better if I just let the conversation die for this class period. I can talk to him again tomorrow and it'll all be fine."

When the bell rang, the two of them left the auditorium together. Theodore turned to her and said, "Well, I'll see you later Valencia."

Valencia pulled out her yo-yo and started walking the dog as she grinned while walking away from him, "Yes, you have a good rest of your day Teddy."

In the hallway between classes, Bastion found himself given a chance he had not been given in forever. Standing in front of him, at her locker, was the girl he had crushed on for over three years, Leigh Ann Quivers. She was an average height, pretty girl with long strawberry blonde hair that reached down to her thighs. She was dressed in a red tank top and black jeans. Bastion felt his knees go weak when he saw her. He just stood there, staring, unable to move as he was trying to make himself say something. It wasn't coming out though. Moments later, Leigh Ann shut her locker door and saw Bastion staring. She looked to him and asked, "May I help you?"

Bastion stood there, still unable to move for a few seconds. He was able to say something, but it was just a simple, "No," which wouldn't help his cause at all.

Leigh Ann sighed and then walked past him and responded, "Well, if you ain't going to have the balls to talk to me, don't have the balls to stare at me. I hope you didn't make me late for class."

Leigh Ann continued walking past Bastion as her words hit hard. He actually had a tear fall out of his eye. Somehow he managed to gain his courage and turned around, "Wait! Leigh Ann. I actually do have something I want to tell you."

"No shit," she replied, "I can sense your drool from here."

"I'm sorry for being a wuss, but when I see you, I just can't help myself," Bastion began, "My knees go weak and I don't know how to tell you what I want to tell you. We've never really spoken before and I feel like I don't have a chance. I've had a thing for you since seventh grade, but never been able to say anything because I've always been afraid. I want to tell you now though, that I am interested in you and that I'd like to be able to talk to you."

"Look, I know I was nice to you in Middle School, but that was a long time ago now," Leigh Ann said to him, "I admit to having had a bit of a crush on you, but you never took your chance. You're a nice guy Bastion, but you're just too late to talk to me now."

"Why?" Bastion exclaimed, "Do you have a boyfriend? Are you crushing on someone? Is there a time that's too late to talk to anyone? I'm not asking you to start dating me right now, I'm just asking you to talk to me knowing that I have an interest in you."

"Don't push your luck kiddo," Leigh Ann stated, "I don't take kindly to guys who try to force themselves on me. Though, I do think your logic makes very good sense. Why don't you give me a day or two to think about it? If I talk to you, it means I'm cool talking to me. If not, it's basically me telling you to get lost. What do you say to that?"

"I can accept that," Bastion nodded, "I won't bother you until then."

Leigh Ann actually let out a smile, one that she had not given to Bastion for a couple years. She then calmly said to him, "Thanks. Well, this was interesting. I need to get to class now though. If you made me late, you're not going to hear the end of it."

"Well, if I'm not hearing the end of it at least I know that means you're talking to me," Bastion pointed out.

Leigh Ann let out a chuckle, "Just don't depend on that. Later."

As Leigh Ann walked away, Bastion felt a sense of accomplishment. He had finally spoken to the girl he had had a crush on for years and felt pretty good about his chances to speak to her again. As he stood there for another second, he returned to the real world, the one where he needed to get to class so he wouldn't be late. He got to his class mere seconds before the bell rang. There was only one seat taken and it was next to the one girl Bastion didn't want to sit next to. She was a girl wearing all black with chains on her clothes and spikes on her boots. She had straight bangs with her black hair and green streaks which ran down to the middle of her spine.

She took a bite into a ham and cheese sandwich as Bastion sat down beside her. Bastion looked at her and with his courage still in his body, asked her, "Why are you eating cheese, Juliet? Aren't you lactose intolerant?"

"What's it to you?" Juliet shot back, "I can eat whatever the hell I want. It's none of your business."

"Yeah, but you shouldn't be eating dairy if you're lactose intolerant," Bastion replied.

"To hell with that," Juliet responded, "I don't care. If I die because I eat a cheese sandwich, then I will. I'd rather eat dairy and be constipated than have to live without it. It's too damn good. Surely all you people who aren't allergic to dairy should know that."

As the two of them sat there, a girl on the other side of the classroom stared at Bastion. She wasn't making herself obvious, but she watched him like a hawk. Bastion didn't even notice her existence at the time. Of all the people in the world he couldn't have noticed, not noticing her was the worst thing he could ever do.

Maikeru D. Shinigami 12-28-2012 09:52 AM

Read it you damn bastards.

Maikeru D. Shinigami 12-29-2012 02:46 PM

Chapter 3
Juliet Owings

"Who does that stupid goth bitch think she is?" the cute, short brunette staring girl asked herself, "She should know better than to flirt with my Bastion. I'll rip her hair out and shove it down her throat. I bet that'll send the message across. Wait, calm down Kara. That would be unwomanly, and there's no telling that she actually likes him anyways. I could just do something slightly less deadly. Perhaps I could hit her in the head with a baseball bat, busting open her brain.

With that, a voice was heard from the teacher at the front of the classroom, an old lady, named Ms. Oizer, "Kara, are you okay? You look a little tense back there. Do you need to go see the nurse."

"Oh no, I'm fine," Kara answered with a smile, "I'm just thinking about some things. I wouldn't want to miss a minute of your lecture, Ms. Oizer."

"Alright, but you seem pretty distracted from the lecture to me," Ms. Oizer replied, "If you need to go to the nurse or guidance counselor, you can just get up and go if you want to."

"I said I'll be fine," Kara repeated in a bit of a more tense tone before calming down, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound mean. I really am fine. You know I always make good grades in your class no matter how much I listen."

"Well, I still don't know if I believe--," Ms. Oizer began.

"She said that she's fine," Juliet interrupted, "If she said she's fine, she's fine. You're supposed to be a teacher. It's none of your concern."

"Juliet, are you mouthing off again?" Ms. asked.

"Well, I sure as hell ain't listening to your bullshit," Juliet shot back.

Those words caused the class to chuckle as Ms. Oizer exclaimed, "Do you all find her funny? Do you find disrespect humorous? Juliet, go to the Principal's Office."

"Whatever, it wouldn't be a normal day if I avoided the principal all day," Juliet replied, "Have fun teaching, if you can call this that."

"I shall, my life is much better than the life of some delinquent child," Ms. Oizer dished it back.

Juliet's body tensed up as she was trying to hold herself back from punching her teacher. She was close to letting loose, but wound out being successful as she spoke calmly, "I'm going to be the bigger person here and take that blow. Later teach."

Juliet walked out of the room and Ms. Oizer went back to teaching the class. The class continued with no interruptions as the bell rang at the end. While they went on with their class though, a scene was taking place in the principal's office. The principal, a short black-haired man with glasses named Principal Lowser said to her, "This is the fifth time this week I've had to speak with you, and it's only Wednesday. Can you keep control of yourself for even just a moment?"

"Actually I can," Juliet told him, "I held myself back from punching my teacher in the face. That took a lot of effort. You really have no idea."

"Juliet, even if you didn't do it, I worry that you won't be able to hold yourself back one day," Principal Lowser spoke with a hint of concern in his voice, "I don't want any of the students in my school to go through that."

"Please, if I've been able to hold myself back as much I have so far, I can keep holding myself back," Juliet responded, "Maybe I'm just having a little fun. All of those people were being bullies."

"Look Juliet, I have no problem with the way you treat bullies, but I want you to be careful," Principal Lowser said to her, "I want you to take the rest of the week out of class."

"Are you suspending me?" Juliet asked.

"Yes, because I think you need it," Principal Lowser answered, "I want you to have time to clear your head, and this seems like the only way."

Juliet actually looked to have a bit of fear in her eyes for a second, but quickly regained her composure and spoke, "Alright, if you think that's what I need, then I will do as you ask. Though, I must say, this system is effed up. Not being able to pummel a bully is something that's wrong with this country."

"Take care of yourself Juliet," Principal Lowser replied, "I'll see you next Monday."

Juliet gave him a nod and walked out the door. She walked through the front parking lot and out the gate. When she got outside, she walked a couple blocks behind a convenient store, where she sat on the ground and began to cry, "I don't want to go home. Anywhere but there."

As Bastion walked out of his class, he was followed by Kara. She tried to keep out of sight, but Bastion felt her presence. As he did, he turned around and spoke, "Kara, is that you?"