Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Debate Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Is it fair? (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=107817)

AgentShayd 11-16-2011 04:34 PM

Is it fair?

So recently I was read this article on MSN.com about Justin Bieber and some woman that is making accusations that he is the father of her baby son. Now I had heard this story before but never really followed it since I am not a fan of the dude anyways. But I began reading this article and apparently she was 19 and Justin was 16 when the alleged "sexual encounter" (that was their words) happened. I sat and thought about that and recalled a similar story but reversed. Mean a guy was 19 when he got his girlfriend who was 16 pregnant. Everything was fine until the baby was born. Apparently there was some medical issues with the baby and that is when the age of the guy was reported to the police. Can ya guess what happened? He was arrested and charged with statutory rape. EVEN though the girl's OWN PARENTS went to court in his defense saying they knew his age etc etc. He was found guilty and is now a registered sex offender for life. His girlfriend became his wife and they now have 3 or 4 kids together. BUT according to the courts he is NOT ALLOWED to be around his kids with out supervision.

So the question is, is it fair that sex crime laws with minors be so crudely enforced when the ages are say 16-17 with 18-19 year olds? Also do you find it sexist that the girl in the Bieber case is not being charged with statutory rape and a guy was? I know this may have to do with sex laws in individual states but regardless what is your thoughts? As someone who was sexually abused I find this sad on all levels especially when there are real people out there hurting others that way, and these cases seem so trivial to the real crimes. Also the poor babies are the ones that in the end will suffer the most out of these types of cases.

Noctis Arashi 11-16-2011 04:36 PM

Re: Is it fair?

Court systems are generally favored towards women in america when it comes to cases like this. I wouldn't be surprised if it was never questioned.

AgentShayd 11-16-2011 05:01 PM

Does it take away from the real sex crimes? IMO yes...

TheTrueMasterofIllusions 11-16-2011 06:51 PM

I agree it's not fair and I'm a gl

Isoteen 11-16-2011 06:56 PM

Name a judicial that would actually consider criminalizing a young mother, for statutory rape, with less than a 2-3 year age difference from her suspected partner.

But according to society, if the male was that old, and the baby was a product of his those evil deeds, he would probably be tried, and sued by the parents, and would probably lose. Since there is inborn bias to clearly protect the woman in rape crimes more so than the man, or in this case, boy.

It's the truth, unfortunately.

AgentShayd 11-17-2011 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isoteen (Post 5686594)
Name a judicial that would actually consider criminalizing a young mother, for statutory rape, with less than a 2-3 year age difference from her suspected partner.

But according to society, if the male was that old, and the baby was a product of his those evil deeds, he would probably be tried, and sued by the parents, and would probably lose. Since there is inborn bias to clearly protect the woman in rape crimes more so than the man, or in this case, boy.

It's the truth, unfortunately.

Also a bigger problem here is... some girls are learning that using something like this can get them fame, power, money, and a status. It makes me sick because there are real victims out there that the police could be investigating but no they are busy with a false claim. It really gives women/girls a bad image, painting even true victims as liars and other things. It is very sad

MinatoXNaruto 11-17-2011 06:34 AM

Its not fair at all, but unfortunately that's how society is. This stuff makes me angry. Girls, women, whatever, they claim they want to be treated as equally as men do, yet ;);););) like this happens and they want no part of it, or they do it for fame and money, or they just flat out get no penalty. It makes me sick. It's just aggravating. This is what we call society. This is what we call life and sucks, and this isn't just about this, what I'm saying is just a generalization. Not everyone is gonna be treated equally whether it's gender, skin color, physical appearance, sexual orientation, handicap, mentally challenged, religion, or whatever. Life isn't fair, whether we like it or not. I hate to say it but at this rate, I don't think the world will ever truly be a peaceful place. Everyone should be treated equally.

Rasen_Chidori 11-17-2011 07:01 AM

No it's not fair, rape and other sexual assault cases are almost always bias towards women. Why should this girl not be treated like a male would be in the same circumstances? It's crap, double standards are something I find particularly frustrating and the fact that had their positions been reversed Bieber would be a registered sex offender for life but because it's a girl no-one says a thing about the fact that if this happened she technically raped him.

Also take into account the fact that there have been numerous cases of women straight up lying about being raped or assaulted for various reasons knowing full well that they have a bias law system on their side and even if they are proven to have lied about it they'd be unlucky if they got anything more than a slap on the wrist where as their alleged 'rapist' or 'attacker' would have their reputation and social image permanantly tarnished.

But when it comes down to it, the world isn't fair and because people are touchy fools when it comes to these kind of issues, it never will be.

Danielle 11-17-2011 01:59 PM

There isn't even any proof it's his yet, so there can't be talk of a punishment for her.

Cade 11-17-2011 05:47 PM

The media is so full of it these days. This woman just wants attention.

Isoteen 11-17-2011 05:49 PM

Lol it'd be funny if she attempts to sue him for child support.

AgentShayd 11-18-2011 06:18 PM

I can see the frustration here people, but keep in mind there are true victims out there. Not all women are lying about an attack. I had a frustrating experience as a victim myself. This time it was flipped around. I had been sexually assaulted and in the beginning the guy who had assaulted me was set loose because there were 5 other cases of similar circumstances with 3 of those cases having false accusations against the guys. I was terrified for months he was going to come back and kill me. Not a moment went by that I did not think about that guy. Finally 5 months later he was rearrested in different case and then my case and the new case were looked at closely and he was found guilty on both accounts. So that being said my whole point was when bias steps in either way someone who is truly hurt usually ends up losing, while the truly guilty get away with murder in a sense.

JLI2infinity 04-20-2012 03:51 AM

Well I think the lack of charges had to do with them not wanting to give this girl the time of day in her ridiculous cry for attention, similar to the girl who claimed P.Diddy was the cause of 9-11 and wanted to sue him for millions of dollars.

Also, sigh, the double standard is always complicated because it opens the gateway to a number of problems. I honestly think these things should be on a case by case basis at the judge's discretion, which creates an entirely different set of problems but I think those are more manageable than creating an indiscretionary blanket law like the one mentioned above.

If this thing really did happen the difference between JB would be his degree of freedom in the scenario. If that story were correct he would've had to find that woman and ask her for sex, of course she didn't have to consent but to define that scenario as rape which is to make forceful sexual advances on an unwilling victim just seems inappropriate.