Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Narutoverse (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Itachi vs. Naruto (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=107698)

Kuromaki 11-13-2011 07:38 PM

Itachi vs. Naruto

Mainly a debate for the tier list. I'm aware this has been done before, but I'm not gravedigging. Gogogogo.

321zigzag3 11-13-2011 07:39 PM

Re: Itachi vs. Naruto

Is it because of Super Sanin?

Super Sanin 3 11-13-2011 07:40 PM

Well that was fast

It really depends on if he can genjutsu Naruto very quickly, which I hope by now he can counter long enough to summons a clone or two

Kuromaki 11-13-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 (Post 5680251)
Is it because of Super Sanin?

Yeah when he was talking about how Itachi was too high I looked back and was like. Oh damn I didn't notice that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Sanin 3 (Post 5680253)
Well that was fast

It really depends on if he can genjutsu Naruto very quickly, which I hope by now he can counter long enough to summons a clone or two

Naruto should know about his genjutsu by now though. I mean the only one that could possibly work at this point is the finger genjutsu and it's arguable if Naruto will get caught again. He is, after all, cautious about Itachi.

321zigzag3 11-13-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Sanin 3 (Post 5680253)
Well that was fast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuromaki (Post 5680265)
Yeah when he was talking about how Itachi was too high I looked back and was like. Oh damn I didn't notice that.

Naruto should know about his genjutsu by now though. I mean the only one that could possibly work at this point is the finger genjutsu and it's arguable if Naruto will get caught again. He is, after all, cautious about Itachi.

lawl genjutsu is a powerful argument

Noctis Arashi 11-13-2011 08:23 PM

Can naruto even survive being burned to death by ammy by now? Just wondering, because if he can't, then that's just as deadly as genjutsu.

Super Sanin 3 11-13-2011 08:24 PM

Ehh i'm not sure if he'll play that card this early, though without clones he can probably catch him off guard like he did before (got canceled by Shisui's eye)

Kuromaki 11-14-2011 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 (Post 5680283)
lawl genjutsu is a powerful argument

That's the argument everyone uses with Itachi. -.-\\
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noctis Arashi (Post 5680376)
Can naruto even survive being burned to death by ammy by now? Just wondering, because if he can't, then that's just as deadly as genjutsu.

Why can't he just dodge it?....

Isoteen 11-14-2011 12:18 PM

In terms of battle Naruto should easily take this.

He has previous knowledge on genjutsu, and really all he has to do is stand back, create RS Clones, and let them kill Itachi, or wear his Susano completely out, then they kill him, while the original sits back does not make eye contact.

At no point in this battle does Naruto actually have to put himself in danger to win this.

The only real chance Itachi has is Amy at start, which doesn't seem very in character.

Now as far as tier list goes

1. Naruto is faster
2. Naruto is stronger physically
3. Naruto has more chakra, which is also stronger
4. Naruto has more destructive Jutsu
5. Naruto can make up to 20 hypersonic RS clones, which can use all of his jutsu
6. At this point, nobody in the manga can defeat him

Super Sanin 3 11-14-2011 01:02 PM

lawl genjutsu is less of an argument at 50m though

Isoteen 11-14-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Sanin 3 (Post 5681384)
lawl genjutsu is less of an argument at 50m though

From what I recall Deidara was afraid of Genjutsu from Sasuke from a much further distance, which is why he created a clay clone.

Not sure where that is in the manga, but Sasuke apparently thought he caught the real Deidara in Genjutsu while at a very, very far distance.

Could be non-canon, I haven't read that battle in the manga in awhile.

Super Sanin 3 11-14-2011 01:10 PM

Yeah but Naruto is very cautious about Itachi's genjutsu, and from 50m he's safe initially from being forced into it

Isoteen 11-14-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isoteen (Post 5681399)
From what I recall Deidara was afraid of Genjutsu from Sasuke from a much further distance, which is why he created a clay clone.

Not sure where that is in the manga, but Sasuke apparently thought he caught the real Deidara in Genjutsu while at a very, very far distance.

Could be non-canon, I haven't read that battle in the manga in awhile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Sanin 3 (Post 5681409)
Yeah but Naruto is very cautious about Itachi's genjutsu, and from 50m he's safe initially from being forced into it

Huh?

You mean he looks down at the start of the battle? Because by agreeing with my post you just agreed with the fact Itachi has full capability of initiating Genjutsu if Naruto makes eye contact.

Super Sanin 3 11-14-2011 01:34 PM

I meant by how cautious Naruto was when he met Itachi in the woods (Pre Sasuke vs Itachi). 50m is a much larger distance than before so seeing that Naruto is even going to be more careful this time I don't see him getting caught before using clones or at least activating RM

Isoteen 11-15-2011 11:47 AM

I could easily see it happening with that feature.

Being cautious isn't enough, unless Naruto completely looks down as soon as the battle starts, then being cautious and the distance really makes no difference.

But again, Amy would really kill him at start duel.

But that's out of character.

loganace 11-15-2011 03:23 PM

You can't really tell because you never see Itachi's true power. But I would say Itachi he could just atamerasu him or use Susanao sword and insta kill him.

Jinchiruuki 11-15-2011 03:27 PM

First of all are we talking Healthy Itachi ? Along with his Totsuka Blade, Tsuky, Yasaka Magatama, Susano'o and Ammy?

Lol. Please tell me how Naruto will analyze Susano'o and get past that. Aside from the fact he is still vulnerable to Genjutsu completely.

Kuromaki 11-15-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loganace (Post 5684343)
You can't really tell because you never see Itachi's true power. But I would say Itachi he could just atamerasu him or use Susanao sword and insta kill him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuromaki (Post 5680939)
Why can't he just dodge it?....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki (Post 5684351)
First of all are we talking Healthy Itachi ? Along with his Totsuka Blade, Tsuky, Yasaka Magatama, Susano'o and Ammy?

Lol. Please tell me how Naruto will analyze Susano'o and get past that. Aside from the fact he is still vulnerable to Genjutsu completely.

Healthy or not, doesn't matter when Naruto has a dozen Kyuubi chakra powered clones pummeling him at the same time.

Susanoo is overrated. It's nothing RM / SM Naruto can't dodge.

Isoteen 11-15-2011 08:31 PM

Assuming Naruto looks down at start duel.

Assuming Itachi decides not to use Amy before allowing him to go RS.

Itachi can kill over 95% of ninja with Genjutsu alone.

Kuromaki 11-16-2011 03:46 PM

Using ammy right away is out of character and it probably couldn't hit Naruto before he made clones/ activated RM, considering that he can make clones/use RM almost instantly. Either way, the tier list gives prep to activate their "special" forms , so Naruto should already have RM on.

Genjutsu in general is like short to mid range , and Naruto was already successfully able to avoid eye contact with him before, he just needs to watch out for the finger pointing. Kyuubi could probably help him with genjutsu too at this point.