Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Western Comics and Animation (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Green Lantern animated series discussion (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=107629)

ILIKEPIE 11-11-2011 04:43 PM

Green Lantern animated series discussion

It premires today post what you think about it after it airs

Rasengan SageX5 11-11-2011 05:01 PM

Re: Green Lantern animated series discussion

Its pretty good actually. The one beef I have with it is that the graphics are a little too cartoony. The story was really good, but the graphics held it back a little bit(at least in my opinion).

ILIKEPIE 11-11-2011 08:04 PM

the red lanterns didn't seem angry at all just a little upset Red rings are powered by Rage their lack of rage made them weak. Plus I miss the blood spitting from the comics but I know they can't show blood. I hope it gets better later on

Taker369 11-11-2011 08:12 PM

i missed it but i enjoyed the movie green lantern so i will be checking out this series

Phariah824 11-12-2011 01:16 AM

eh was ok ill have to see a few more episodes to make a better call. what i really thought was dumb was having newbies on the frontier. why not take veterans and transfer to frontier than train the noobs in Gaurdians main area of control so they get best benefits.

also the Gaurdians bickering is annoying for such enlightened beings.

ya R.Sage i dislike those graphics also. makes it more like i am watching a video game than a cartoon/ anime.

ILIKEPIE 11-12-2011 01:24 AM

the gaurdians always bicker it's annoying and they also like taking the ring away from Hal

Taker369 11-12-2011 01:51 AM

wow already the show is getting bashed and it was only episode 1 at least its gonna get people into the green lantern alot more and it wont stand up to batman the animated series the greatest batman/dc ever

ILIKEPIE 11-12-2011 01:53 AM

it needs this red Lantern
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fhpZsulftW...0/dex-star.jpg

Taker369 11-12-2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILIKEPIE (Post 5675932)

happy is a red lantern ? omg

ILIKEPIE 11-12-2011 01:55 AM

no that is Dex-Starr Red Lantern of sector 2814 (Earth) real name Dexter

Rasengan SageX5 11-12-2011 07:47 AM

The Red Lantern of Sector 2814 is a cat? I guess that's not really a shocker, because I remember seeing a Green Lantern that looked like a big bee or something like that, something you wouldn't expect to be capable of using a Power Ring.

tsuki 11-12-2011 11:00 AM

I enjoyed it, and didn't mind the graphics too much. I just hope that they won't stay out on the frontier the whole time. I also want to know if they will introduce any of the other colored lanterns.

And also, I wonder how they will be fitting the show into the friday night lineup. They either have to extend it another half hour or they have to drop a show. If they do that then I would vote for them to cut loose Generator Rex. Its the only one I don't like.

Nick Tasogare 11-12-2011 11:55 AM

They don't HAVE to cut a show. By the time it comes on one of the other shows will probably be on rest until the next season or something.

ILIKEPIE 11-12-2011 12:37 PM

Batman Brave and Bold ends next episode I think but it is ending soon

tsuki 11-12-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILIKEPIE (Post 5676584)
Batman Brave and Bold ends next episode I think but it is ending soon

the whole series ends, or just the season?

that show is iffy. Sometimes the episodes are really cool, but other times they are really lame. The ones with Aquaman are generally annoying and dumb.

Twilit Lion (Leo) 11-12-2011 05:13 PM

Eh it was okay.

I found it funny when Hal just punch that guy in the face and stole his ring.

ILIKEPIE 11-12-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsuki (Post 5677051)
the whole series ends, or just the season?

that show is iffy. Sometimes the episodes are really cool, but other times they are really lame. The ones with Aquaman are generally annoying and dumb.

the series, some characters were awfull on that show Aquaman being the worst and it had too much singing

Twilit Lion (Leo) 11-12-2011 08:13 PM

Aquaman was kinda weird.

Rasengan SageX5 11-13-2011 04:46 AM

That show was just so campy and annoying. Some of time the fights were pretty good, but other than that, most of the jokes were lame and the epic characters got turned lame.

ILIKEPIE 02-28-2012 04:25 PM

this satutrday morning they will start airing the show