Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Creative Corner (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   FanFiction: Super Smash Brothers Brawl (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=103547)

Pool 08-22-2011 05:55 PM

FanFiction: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

I've been wanting to work on my writing for English class lately, so here it is. I'm currently writing a fanfic of Super Smash Brothers Brawl characters in the TV Show known as Deadliest Warrior. I'll be posting all the chapters here, so tell me what you think of it when I do. Thank you for reading this =]

Chapters:
Spoiler:

Bacon 08-22-2011 08:01 PM

Re: FanFiction: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Hope it turns out well. :3

9naruto 08-22-2011 08:51 PM

Ha i love deadliest warrior!

Devroux 08-22-2011 09:07 PM

Oh god... I never would have guessed...

Kiseki 08-23-2011 01:16 AM

Funny enough I don't really have an idea where this is about.
But I support fanfics on here. So I will read it if I can.

Pool 08-23-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devroux (Post 5464886)
Oh god... I never would have guessed...

shut up ginger

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiseki (Post 5465454)
Funny enough I don't really have an idea where this is about.
But I support fanfics on here. So I will read it if I can.

Google "Super Smash Bros Brawl" and "Deadliest Warrior". Read up on them, then fuse the two together. This is that fusion.

ILIKEPIE 08-23-2011 01:33 PM

Full Super Smash Bros Brawl Roster only?

Ishtar 08-23-2011 01:33 PM

Awesome. :3

Pool 08-23-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILIKEPIE (Post 5466914)
Full Super Smash Bros Brawl Roster only?

I'll be using actual In-Game data, so yes.

Hidden Ninja45 08-23-2011 03:21 PM

This outta be interesting....

Pool 08-23-2011 04:06 PM

It's my goal to not disappoint you guys!

Devroux 08-23-2011 06:19 PM

You're Pool... I only expect to be disappointed. But I'll read it anyway because YOU wrote it! <3

/trololol

Kiseki 08-24-2011 01:01 AM

Ok, I will look it up if I have some time pool! :3

Pool 08-24-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiseki (Post 5469561)
Ok, I will look it up if I have some time pool! :3

Doooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Also. Do you guys want to be clued in as to what the first match-up is? Or it to be kept a secret?

Devroux 08-24-2011 02:49 PM

Audiences like secrets and cliffhangers. (Completely opinionated answer.)

Pool 08-24-2011 06:23 PM

o.o Kay. But but but I have an idea to find the winner. How about I write the first part, and then you guys vote (via pm) for who you want or who you think will win based on the testing? What does everyone think? Once the winner is decided, I'd write/post the rest. :P

ILIKEPIE 08-24-2011 06:25 PM

Ok thats a good idea (go Jigglypuff)

Pool 08-24-2011 06:29 PM

EDIT: Finally finished. Here goes Chapter 1, Part 1 - Pilot

“Welcome one, welcome all, to Deadliest Warrior – Brawl Edition!” Pool says while straightening his tie. “Today’s match up is Pokemon Trainer, a rookie trainer from Pallet Town, vs. Pit, the savior of the Sky Temple. Who will emerge victorious? Who will fall short? First, let’s meet the testers.” Pool steps forward from the line of the three strangers and does a bow sort of thing. “I am Pool, the main tester. I’m in charge of seeing how much damage each move does, what benefits it has, and how much knockback it produces.” Pool steps back in line, and the first in the line steps forward.
“I am Skippy,” The man says. He’s roughly 6’3, with brown hair that goes down to his shoulders. “I know the mechanics of fighters inside and out. I measure what defensive assets certain abilities have.” Skippy steps back, and the last man left steps forward.
“I’m Tyler. I assess the damage caused; I’m also the tech expert.” Tyler says with a wave. He steps back in the line, reuniting the line of the three testers. “But enough about us, let’s hear the history of these two warriors.”
“I’m known as Pokemon Trainer, but my real name is Red, and I’d like to be called that. I was born and raised in the small town in the Kanto region called Pallet Town. Ever since I was a kid I have always wanted to be a pokemon trainer, known by everyone. I guess you could say I’m living the dream. Ha! Well, back to the story. The first pokemon I ever received was a Charmander. I’ve always had a close bond with it, even closer when it evolved into Charmeleon, and then into Charizard. It’s always ready to fight by my side. Charmander helped me catch a Bulbasaur, and a Squirtle also. Bulbasaur has evolved into Ivysaur, but Squirtle has yet to evolve. That’s really all about me, so I guess you’re up, Pit.” Red shares.
“I am Pit, the master angel. I was trapped by Medusa in the underworld for quite some time. Eventually, I broke out. I fought my way to above ground, and with the help of my trusty bow, reached the Sky Temple. There, I met Palutena, and saved Sky World. Not to brag, but I’m a bit of a legend!” Pit said with an obvious smirk.
“There will be another time for trash talking, Pit,” Tyler said, while fidgeting with his black hair. “Let’s travel over to the training grounds to test out your move sets.”

Everybody shortly arrives at the nearby field to test the moves. “First up to be tested are smash attacks. Both of you two will execute your smash attacks to the best of your ability on the sandbag.” Skippy says. Pool leaves the training grounds. He then comes back soon with a pokeball.
He then releases the contents of the pokeball, and out comes 10 sandbags. “It’s much easier to carry them all in a single pokeball, then to carry them by hand! Now, time to test the side smashes. Pit, you’re up first.” Pool drags a sandbag to a spot about 20 meters away, and signals Pit to start. Pool goes behind the protective glass with Red, Tyler, and Skippy. Pit thrusts and stabs at the sandbag multiple times in the short span of 3 seconds. Tyler is the first one to walk out from behind the protective glass.
“The sandbag is shredded, literally. Pit, your blade can easily make a cut in human flesh, and even easier by stabbing.” Tyler said.
“But how will it fare against Charizards reptilian skin?” Red retorted.
“We’re just going to have to see.” Tyler responded.
“I think it’s going to be hard to go against Pit’s smash,” Pool said.
“Although powerful, Pit’s smash does allow a window for a counter attack, something which cannot be ignored,” Skippy added.
“True, let’s move on to Red. You can choose whatever pokemon you think can deal the most damage here, Red,” Pool said.
“I’ll be using Charizard.” Red lifted his arm, with the red and white pokeball in hand. This time, it was Pit watching from the protective glass. “Go, Charizard!” Red yelled, while throwing the pokeball containing the beast. It split in half in air, and the winged fire lizard appeared and let out a menacing growl. “Use head butt!” Red commanded. Charizard bashed its head into the sandbag, and the sandbag went flying. “Great job!” Red said, running up to Charizard. He then rubbed its head as if it were a dog of sorts. “Return,” Red said, showing the pokeball to Charizard. A red ray of light came from the middle at Charizard, and it turned red and went inside the pokeball. “Not too bad, huh guys?” Red said towards the four behind the glass.
“I’ll be the judge of that,” Tyler said as he ran 60 yards only to find a gaping hole in the middle of the sandbag. He runs back. “Yep, definitely a lethal blow.”
“The only problem I see with this technique is the recoil damage to Charizard. There could be some skull problems that occur.” Skippy stated.
“Time to see who gets the edge in smash attacks,” Pool said. “My edge goes to Pit, for the slashing potential, and the fact that it has a greater range.”
“That’s where I have to disagree with you, Pool. I gotta go with Charizard, for the massive damage, knock back, and little recovery time.” Skippy debated.
“Tyler, it seems like you’re the tie breaker here.” Pool said.
“For this match up, I have to go with Charizards head butt for the sole fact of its killing potential. If you have killing potential, you have the edge. Edge, Charizard.

“Next up, we get to see how each fighters neutral specials work. Red, you’re up first this time,” Pool explained as he was replacing the two devastated sandbags with a new one.
“I’ll be using Ivysaur this time,” Red said. “Go Ivysaur!” He roared as he released the pokeball. A quadruped half dinosaur half plant creature came out of it. It stood on all fours. The two walked closer to the sandbag, while the other four were once again behind the protective glass. “Use bullet seed!” The trainer commanded. Elongated thick vines shot out from Ivysaurs bulb on its back towards the sandbag. The vines constricted the sandbag, making marks on it. The vines threw the sandbag straight upward, directly above Ivysaurs bulb. Then, little bullet shaped seeds rapidly fire out of Ivysaurs bulb at the sandbag. The sandbag takes multiple blows, and then Ivysaur stops due to fatigue; it started to breathe heavily.
“I liked how it fires vertical instead of horizontal, completely negating any aerial attempts,” Pool said. “I checked the damage rater and it said Ivysaur got the sandbag up to 39%. Not too shabby,” Pool added.
“But look how fatigued Ivysaur got,” Skippy pointed out.
“You’re right Skippy, and I plug those crucial X-Factors into the simulation,” Tyler answered. “But for now, Pit, you’re up. Show us what you’ve got.” Pool replaced the sandbag with a new one. It looks as if it came right from the factory, or wherever they make those. The young angel walked a few yards away to the almost glistening sandbag and pulled out his angel bow. He pulled the string back, but no arrow was there. Almost a quarter of a second passed and there was an arrow consisting of pure energy in the bowstring. Pit let go of the string, and the arrow went flying at the sandbag, and rammed into it with full force.
“Hold off on your analysis, Pool. I need to share this first,” Skippy started.
“Go for it,” Pool replied.
“I have to point out that the entire process of reloading is completely eliminated here,” Skippy explained.
“Indeed. But I think these arrows would be fairly easy to dodge; that’s my only concern,” Pool said. “Enough of that, it’s time to see who the edge for neutral specials goes to,” Pool gestured towards the two other testers to gather together. “My edge for the neutral specials goes to Pit. I think he has a great weapon that even has rapid fire capabilities,” Pool explained. “Tyler, your thoughts?”
“I also have to agree with you here, Pool,” Tyler said. “It has better potential then Ivysaurs bullet seed, in my opinion.”
“I third that motion,” Skippy added. “Edge, Pit.”

Pool replaced the last sandbag with a new, unbeaten one. “Here, we will test the side specials,” Pool shared. “These are arguably the most useful tools a fighter has. Pit, you test first. Go over near the sandbag.”
“My angel ring will blow away anything Red has to offer,” Pit said triumphantly. He walked near the sandbag and pulled out his blades from the smash attack earlier. He spun them rapidly in a circle, slashing the sandbag left and right. After a good 6 seconds, Pit stopped.
“Squirtle has a move that will block this, and counterattack,” Red said.
“Very nice,” Tyler commented.
“Quite. I got a reading on the damage rater of 26%,” Pool added. “Red, you’re up.”
“Alright. Go, Squirtle!” Red said. He threw his red and white pokeball to the ground, and what would seem to be a mixture between a squirrel and a turtle appeared. “Use withdrawal!” Squirtle put all of its limbs, even its head, into its shell and began rolling towards the sandbag at a moderate pace. After a second or two, contact was made. The sandbag moves about a few inches back, barely harmed.
“HA!” Pit teased.
“Hey Pit, pipe down,” Skippy reprimanded “This technique gives full protection from any attacks”
“But Pit swings his blades so fast that they reflect oncoming projectiles,” Tyler added.
“Good points, each of you,” Pool said. “But now we give the edge to one of the two warriors. My edge goes to Pit. I realize that Squirtles withdrawal blocks incoming attacks, but it deals mediocre damage. Like Tyler said earlier, if you have killing potential, you have the edge.” Pool said.
“I couldn’t agree with you more,” Tyler added.
“I do like how the withdrawal blocks the attacks, but I gotta give in here, Pool. You’re right.” Skippy confessed.

“Right-o then, we only have one more special to test. The upward special, otherwise known as the recovery.” Pool finished.
“Red, you’re up. Choose the pokemon you feel most comfortable with here.” Tyler said.
“I’ll be using Ivysaur again for this one,” Red explained. “Come back out, Ivysaur!” Red threw his pokeball once again and the green quadruped appeared.”
“Great, now we just need to go to Final Destination, the battlefield in the sim.” Skippy said. Pool threw down a teleporter pad and all five, including Ivysaur, stepped on it. Instantly, they appeared on this floating isle, with nothing but pure space around them. This was a strange area, because there was oxygen in the atmosphere, despite being in outer space. “You know what to do, Ivysaur,” Red encouraged. Ivysaur jumped off the edge of the island. About a few yards away, vines come out of the bulb on Ivysaurs back and grab on to the ledge. After 2 seconds, the vines pulled Ivysaur onto the ledge itself.
“The tether ability is crucial to look at here,” Tyler pointed out.
“Yes, this is indeed a great recovery. I’m intrigued to see how Pit will match up to this,” Pool said. Ivysaur ran up to Red.
“Great job, buddy!” Red said to Ivysaur. It then returned to it’s pokeball. Pit stepped forward.
“Wait till you watch this, everyone,” Pit bragged. Pit jumped off the stage known as Final Destination. He almost self-destructed before activating his upward special. Pit’s wings turned blue and he started floating upwards and towards the stage edge at a rapid pace. He reached the edge, hanging on. All four of the people were dumbstruck.
“No need to argue this. Edge goes to Pit.” Pool said. Pit comes back to the middle of the stage with the other four, breathing heavily.
The results will be shown (With a battle!) in part two.

-Note- I didn't do any proofreading besides Spell Check. xD

Devroux 08-26-2011 01:42 PM

I'll read it sometime this weekend, Pool! <3

Pool 08-26-2011 01:50 PM

Now, or face termination. Owait it's Friday it's fine =D