Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Debate Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Seal Team Six (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=103174)

Jinchiruuki 08-15-2011 01:08 PM

Seal Team Six

The group of Navy SEALS who supposedly killed Osama were killed during a flight to their newest mission.

Debate: Conspiracy or not?

Key points:

1) Osama was reported dead by numerous sources in the Middle East and Asia in 2006-2008. Some of those reporters were assassinated after doing said reports on their news networks like Al'Jazeera.

2) Seal Team Six was the most elite group of soldiers in the entire world.

3) During this tragic event, they were riding a CHINOOK helicopter with 22 men or so.

So since when do SEALS ride Chinooks during a mission? Chinooks are primarily used for supply/vehicle transport or grunt infantry transport to the F.O.B or Safe Zones (Forward Operating Base for those who don't know).

Secondly, Navy SEALs are widely known to travel in firing squads of 4-9 men total. No more than that is EVER deployed. So why were 22 of the most elite soldiers on an effing Chinook? That thing has the worst defense capability/maneuvering capability out of damn near every air vehicle in our armed forces.

It just doesn't seem normal for me to see all that happen. Thoughts?

J-Sun Tasogare 08-15-2011 01:35 PM

Re: Seal Team Six

Whole thing seems shady to me, the people around there didn't even hear anything, I'm sure copters and gunshots would've woke me up. There is also the fact that they had no pictures shown, because it would stir up trouble, you don't have to show them publicly you could show them to congress or the house, at-least somebody other than the ones involved. And it came at a time when Obama's popularity was going to the crapper, that and they've changed the story five times.

I'm not saying they didn't kill them, I'm just saying they did something that they needed to cover up.

Jinchiruuki 08-15-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Sun Tasogare (Post 5434928)
Whole thing seems shady to me, the people around there didn't even hear anything, I'm sure copters and gunshots would've woke me up. There is also the fact that they had no pictures shown, because it would stir up trouble, you don't have to show them publicly you could show them to congress or the house, at-least somebody other than the ones involved. And it came at a time when Obama's popularity was going to the crapper, that and they've changed the story five times.

I'm not saying they didn't kill them, I'm just saying they did something that they needed to cover up.

My point exactly. We will never know FOR SURE what happened. But for that entire team of SEALs to be wiped out so silently screams cover-up for something.

ItachiAnbu 08-15-2011 05:08 PM

I don't see a probable conspiracy, just a possible one.

I wouldn't be surprised in the sliughtest if this was just the U.S. government/military screwing up. They've done some amazing things, but the best of us still make mistakes. If this was an accident, it was a series of mistakes, including some more-than-poor planning.

Jinchiruuki 08-16-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItachiAnbu (Post 5436096)
I don't see a probable conspiracy, just a possible one.

I wouldn't be surprised in the sliughtest if this was just the U.S. government/military screwing up. They've done some amazing things, but the best of us still make mistakes. If this was an accident, it was a series of mistakes, including some more-than-poor planning.

How is a helicopter blowing up a mistake?

How is it that 22 Navy SEALs were in a CHINOOK for their mission? This never happens considering like I said in OP, SEALs operate in firing squads of 4-9 people at MAXIMUM and do not ride freakin' Chinooks into their objectives.

Poor planning doesn't happen with SEALs either. They are the most elite of the elite soldiers in the entire world.

ItachiAnbu 08-16-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki (Post 5438683)
How is a helicopter blowing up a mistake?

How is it that 22 Navy SEALs were in a CHINOOK for their mission? This never happens considering like I said in OP, SEALs operate in firing squads of 4-9 people at MAXIMUM and do not ride freakin' Chinooks into their objectives.

Poor planning doesn't happen with SEALs either. They are the most elite of the elite soldiers in the entire world.

No, the blowing up bit wasn't what I was talking about. What I was talking about was the fact that this was, as you said, an irregular situation. And it shouldn't have been.

Clearly, someone blew up said helicopter, but that doesn't make the SEALs anything more than casualties in war.

Like I said, everyone makes mistakes. If you're human, you are not excused from this rule. Someone ordered these SEALs to do something, someone else ordered them do do it in said Chinook. Transporting a high number of SEALs in a Chinook is a bad idea, and does not comform with regular military practice. But if you think about it, that doesn't really amount to much. We can't see what picture a 100 piece puzzle makes if we only have 4 pieces.

Again, I agree that it's sketchy. Even so, you're reading too much into it. We have NO IDEA what really went on there. That's all I'm trying to say.

Ur Mom 08-16-2011 02:41 PM

You know who one of those reporters were.
Benazir Bhutto
Just to put some perspective
YouTube:

I've posted this interview before. I really like the entire interview as a whole really, because it brings out more than just the Osama part. I also believe that it may have been our own government (Pakistan) that killed her, how else does a guy just "get away" like he did. Just like Osama. I'm usually not a conspiracy theorist, but this is all weird.

Gamabunta 08-21-2011 09:03 PM

They were backing up rangers who were in the midst of a fire fight on the ground. Another Seal Team landed and engaged in conflict. The militants ambushed the next Chinook using (probably) Iranian/Pakistani weapons.

Vatanui AKA Pride 08-22-2011 12:07 AM

Lax, the overall tally was 38. The SEALs contributed towards 22 for said total.

There were seven commandos from Afghan, and an interpreter.

By the way, the casualty was one of the, if not the largest, the SEALs had in history.

Either way, it all sounds baked fishy. Why was there a need for such an overkill? Nearly two dozen SEALs, the majority of them from Team 6, hence being the best in the world were sent in short notice. So was eight other soldiers, seven Afghan commandos, and an interpreter. I could understand the use of a Chinook, to deploy and transport everyone in one fell swoop under a quick amount of time. But that still points back to my question:

Why the hell did someone send nearly 40 people with only a damn Chinook?

Phazonous 08-23-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

They were 1 of the 3 most elite groups in the world. The others being CIA's SAD (Special Activities Division) and Delta Force.

SEAL Team 6, formally known as DevGru (Short for Naval Development Group) changed their name but was never revealed. There is a huge possibility that they faked their deaths.

Hando Craap 08-23-2011 07:46 PM

S.O.G. is also up there,since seal teams are in S.O.G. units.There also be Marines in the S.O.G.s now.

White Zetsu 08-23-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phazonous (Post 5468575)
They were 1 of the 3 most elite groups in the world. The others being CIA's SAD (Special Activities Division) and Delta Force.

SEAL Team 6, formally known as DevGru (Short for Naval Development Group) changed their name but was never revealed. There is a huge possibility that they faked their deaths.

British S.A.S. actually preformed better at the last whatever the competition was between the military groups of the world it was judged by a computer so no bias the rankings were like
  1. Birtish S.A.S
  2. Australian S.A.S.
  3. dont remeber this one
  4. Navy Seals
i dont remeber where i saw this, or where i heard it but im positive bot British and aussie S.A.S.'s came above the seals

Warsaw504 08-23-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki (Post 5434801)
The group of Navy SEALS who supposedly killed Osama were killed during a flight to their newest mission.

Debate: Conspiracy or not?

Key points:

1) Osama was reported dead by numerous sources in the Middle East and Asia in 2006-2008. Some of those reporters were assassinated after doing said reports on their news networks like Al'Jazeera.

3) During this tragic event, they were riding a CHINOOK helicopter with 22 men or so.

So since when do SEALS ride Chinooks during a mission? Chinooks are primarily used for supply/vehicle transport or grunt infantry transport to the F.O.B or Safe Zones (Forward Operating Base for those who don't know).

Secondly, Navy SEALs are widely known to travel in firing squads of 4-9 men total. No more than that is EVER deployed. So why were 22 of the most elite soldiers on an effing Chinook? That thing has the worst defense capability/maneuvering capability out of damn near every air vehicle in our armed forces.

It just doesn't seem normal for me to see all that happen. Thoughts?

it was not just seal team 6 men on board they had some Regular army guys and pakistani army guys in there 2

Gamabunta 08-23-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warsaw504 (Post 5469074)
it was not just seal team 6 men on board they had some Regular army guys and pakistani army guys in there 2

Nope no Pakistani Army. Afghan National Army forces. And one contracted translator.

Anbu Leader 08-23-2011 10:10 PM

Seals Team Six is the most elite group KNOWN to the public. Meaning if it is said that the exact same team that killed Osama Bin Laden, was supposedly in a chopper that was blown up, then that's what either the government or the president wants you to think. Don't get me wrong, they're all in the same team but the president haves more ownership over the knowledge of these missions and intends to use it wisely. Again, this is the most elite group KNOWN to the public, so I'm pretty positive that there's an even greater NAVY SEAL/USA elite team out there. There's no way that the media can obtain so much information about something that is suppose to be "Top Secret".

So my opinion is simple; they just faked their deaths.

Phazonous 08-24-2011 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anbu Leader (Post 5469274)
Seals Team Six is the most elite group KNOWN to the public. Meaning if it is said that the exact same team that killed Osama Bin Laden, was supposedly in a chopper that was blown up, then that's what either the government or the president wants you to think. Don't get me wrong, they're all in the same team but the president haves more ownership over the knowledge of these missions and intends to use it wisely. Again, this is the most elite group KNOWN to the public, so I'm pretty positive that there's an even greater NAVY SEAL/USA elite team out there. There's no way that the media can obtain so much information about something that is suppose to be "Top Secret".

So my opinion is simple; they just faked their deaths.

I do wonder what the heck were they doing on a chinook. They usually ride extremely modified black hawks.