Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Latest Manga Chapters (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   HST Chapter of the Week 25 (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=102589)

deidara330 08-03-2011 11:19 AM

HST Chapter of the Week 25

Yep, 25, or 5 squared, or 25%, one-fourth, which is one down from one-third, which represents the three HST manga, which this poll is for. Mind twist!

To sum up this week's chapters, Itachi managed to free himself from Kabuto's Edo Tensei with the gift he gave Naruto (intended to change Sasuke if he turned bad), Ichigo lost his Fullbring but got his powers back from Rukia with the help of Isshin and Urahara (new-looking Zanpakuto BTW), and Jinbe's plan to get into Gyoncorde Plaza and free the Straw Hats went perfectly and Luffy takes out 50,000 bad guys with his Haki when Hodi claims that he'll be the pirate king.

Last Week's Results:
1. Naruto 549 "Itachi's Question!" - 13 Votes
2. Bleach 458 "End of All Bonds" - 10 Votes
3. 3-Way Tie - 3 Votes
4. One Piece 633 "Friend or Foe?" - 0 Votes

Note: One more vote and this week's Naruto chapter will set the record for the most popular chapter ever.

tsuki 08-03-2011 11:27 AM

Re: HST Chapter of the Week 25

I really enjoyed OP, and the developments in Bleach were great. However I have to give this one to Naruto due to Itachi and Nagato being awesome.

Devroux 08-03-2011 11:28 AM

For me, this is going to take some time to think out. Bleach just pulled the best chapter it's had in weeks out of its ass and Naruto has Itachi, who is as awesome as always, fighting against the side everyone thought he was on. Both chapters have great development, so this is a really hard decision.

deidara330 08-03-2011 11:37 AM

I liked Bleach and One Piece, but I have to give it to Naruto for the fact that Itachi is free of Edo Tensei thanks to himself and it presents a whole new way the story can go with Itachi taking on other zombies or Madara and Sasuke. I am also an Itachi fan, so there's that.

Yori 08-03-2011 11:55 AM

Gotta give it to Naruto. Itachi is living up to his hype and how he freed himself was awesome. Bleach was awesome and I got excited when I read both but Itachi was a beast

Sparky 08-03-2011 12:04 PM

One Piece and Bleach were great but I just love Naruto more this week.

Yo_Slayer 08-03-2011 01:29 PM

I thought OP was the best this week.. Bleach and Naruto both had a lot more development the OP but Luffy's Haki control just made it too great.

Vatanui AKA Pride 08-03-2011 02:09 PM

One Piece.

Luffy v.s. the Shinobi Alliance anyone?

mrsticky005 08-03-2011 02:43 PM

Naruto this week. Finally we're getting answers on Shisui.

And it made Danzo cooler than ever. :)

Taker369 08-03-2011 03:03 PM

should Hunter x Hunter be on here now since it just returned the same time as bleach and naruto and also one piece came out ?

mrsticky005 08-03-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taker369 (Post 5386158)
should Hunter x Hunter be on here now since it just returned the same time as bleach and naruto and also one piece came out ?

Holy Shonen Trio--Naruto Bleach One Piece

HxH is in a league of it's own ;)

but to compare them all..

I say for this week

1. HxH
2 Naruto
3. Bleach
4. One Piece

3 and 4 are about the same. Bleach went downhill with this chapter
and One Piece just has been dull with his arc and even though
Luffy is fighting and all I'm just not all that interested because the arc is boring. Bleach at least had been interesting and could still be interesting
but just had a weak plot development here.

Kreegah!!! 08-04-2011 03:52 AM

Naruto. Danzo ALWAYS gets dibs, minus kage selection it seems. GO, Danzo!

Bleach is second for me. I agree with Stickums that the plot is weak (for that particular chapter), but at least the story itself was written well. Kubo can still save the "blunder" with a few nasty plot twists (oops, the makeshift zanpakto we used to stab you grants your powers back for three minutes! Hurry! /Kisuke), but whatever your thoughts on the matter, still better than OP at the moment.

Maikeru D. Shinigami 08-04-2011 03:59 AM

One Piece.

mrsticky005 08-04-2011 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreegah! (Post 5388635)
Naruto. Danzo ALWAYS gets dibs, minus kage selection it seems. GO, Danzo!

Bleach is second for me. I agree with Stickums that the plot is weak (for that particular chapter), but at least the story itself was written well. Kubo can still save the "blunder" with a few nasty plot twists (oops, the makeshift zanpakto we used to stab you grants your powers back for three minutes! Hurry! /Kisuke), but whatever your thoughts on the matter, still better than OP at the moment.

Yeah this chapter plot was weak but I still have high hopes for Bleach.

Here here for the 3 minute Zanpaktou! (though how many chapters would that be? Probably 30 :p)

I think the One Piece chapter was slightly better this week.
But that's like saying the dirty diaper was slightly less smelly
than the dirty diaper before it. Although One Piece itself
is not the dirty diaper. Nah, One Piece itself is great.
Just this particular arc is the dirty diaper of One Piece.

Though back to Bleach. While I didn't like the plot.
I think Kubo at least did well with how it was presented.
So at the very least I enjoyed the chapter in a visual sense.

Fan of Minato 08-04-2011 05:29 AM

I really liked the ending of the Bleach chapter but the rest was boring. Naruto was really good and the ending still makes us wonder about the next chapter, so I'll go with Naruto.

321zigzag3 08-04-2011 07:44 AM

A Bleach chapter that was actually pretty enjoyable? OMG. Other than the chapter few weeks ago where Ginjou and Ichigo were about to meet up with Tsukishima, the fullbring arc was pretty fillerish boring.

Then again Naruto seemed rather meh to bad for most of the time other some few moments and starting from last chapter where they fought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan of Minato (Post 5388686)
I really liked the ending of the Bleach chapter but the rest was boring. Naruto was really good and the ending still makes us wonder about the next chapter, so I'll go with Naruto.

This is the reason why it was pretty good but it made the whole fullbring aspect seem pointless.

Taker369 08-04-2011 05:41 PM

wow nobody liked bleach this week ?

Maikeru D. Shinigami 08-04-2011 05:44 PM

Not as much as One Piece.

deidara330 08-04-2011 09:52 PM

I'm a little surprised at that, but it makes sense. One Piece showed how powerful Luffy really is, taking out 50'000 Fishmen without lifting a finger, and Bleach's plot twist seemed dissatisfying for most.

No surprise Naruto's on top.

Kreegah!!! 08-05-2011 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deidara330 (Post 5392233)
I'm a little surprised at that, but it makes sense. One Piece showed how powerful Luffy really is, taking out 50'000 Fishmen without lifting a finger, and Bleach's plot twist seemed dissatisfying for most.

No surprise Naruto's on top.

My problem with Luffy's feat is "Why now?". And we know the others had improved by a great deal as well. They could have mopped the floor with those guys before things went overboard, but it seems Oda just wants to set up what's-her-face as a heroine when she calls forth the mighty neptunians. If you're going to do that, best showcase the story in a manner relative to the characters' strengths and character. Although Zoro was his usual bull-headed self when confronting the king, everything about the situation felt out of place, and now we know why--he's compromising character for the sake of plot. I want cool stories again! I love one piece!:(