Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Debate Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Do you believe in Hell? (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=102584)

Ryaque 08-03-2011 09:29 AM

Do you believe in Hell?

I believe in God, thus, by extention, means I also believe in Heaven, Hell, and Satan. I was just wondering what others thoughts were. (Note: I will not tolerate disrespect of other peoples' beliefs and religions and I will report you so please be nice:D)

Bacon 08-03-2011 09:45 AM

Re: Do you believe in Hell?

You have to be apart of a religion with a place for bad people to believe in this sort of concept. :3

AgentShayd 08-03-2011 12:34 PM

I do not believe in the fire and brimstone hell. I firmly believe that hell is just a scare tactic created by humans as is most religious beliefs designed to control people, or in other cases give them hope for a better life after life here. People have to rationalize evil deeds and evil people, so they either say they are of the devil, or insane and still of the devil. But isn't it possible that they having free choice, just chose to do those things and that there is no little corrupt voice telling them to do it? Secondly I also believe that we are already in a type of hell. One we humans have created for ourselves and now we must live with it. For those that say well there must be justice for those who are cruel and evil. I understand your pain and anger, there is justice in my opinion, here on earth. Eventually they get what is coming to them. But I also believe when you die your soul is not the same as your physical body. Your soul did NOT make those choices, your physical mind did. There fore when you pass on your soul is different and not the same crazed creature. There fore you go on to a different life, not in a torture driven hell hole.

Ino's Girl 08-03-2011 12:37 PM

I believe in God too, so yeah i believe in Hell

Uchiha Sora 08-03-2011 12:44 PM

Yes. But most people would refer to it as "School." xD jk

Spoiler:
I go to a catholics school now, and it's had a huge influence on how I see things. So yeah, I do believe in hell,Satan,etc

I was taught last year that hell is just a state in which you have no faith or connection to God. Hell,Heavan,and Purgatory :O

Bacon 08-03-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uchiha_Sora (Post 5385513)
Yes. But most people would refer to it as "School." xD jk

Spoiler:
I go to a catholics school now, and it's had a huge influence on how I see things. So yeah, I do believe in hell,Satan,etc

I was taught last year that hell is just a state in which you have no faith or connection to God. Hell,Heavan,and Purgatory :O

:3 Dante's inferno and Priests in the Middle ages perpetuated the notion of a fiery pit of doom.

CrackFat 08-03-2011 06:17 PM

I believe in a personal hell.

gara my love 08-03-2011 06:19 PM

I believe in hell .

Noctis Arashi 08-03-2011 06:31 PM

I believe in absolute end.

Where you simply cease your existence.

Which scares me.

sakuracha!!! 08-03-2011 06:43 PM

i believe in hell, but i also believe in heaven

sharingangirl 08-03-2011 11:14 PM

I don't. I do not believe in any religion, so no. I don't think eternal punishment for the little time on earth we have is right either. So that was kinda a turn off...
No disrespect to any religious people, though.

sasu_girl 08-03-2011 11:16 PM

i'm an infidel. so, no.

Maikeru D. Shinigami 08-03-2011 11:16 PM

Indeed.

Kreegah!!! 08-04-2011 04:17 AM

I have to believe in Hell. Otherwise I'd go about my day forever depressed that all the assholes I meet won't suffer.

By the way... Hell is just a way-station. The Lake of Fire is what's scary.

Wouldn't wish that on anybody. :shock:

The Forgotten One 08-04-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacon (Post 5386899)
:3 Dante's inferno and Priests in the Middle ages perpetuated the notion of a fiery pit of doom.

Actually, in Dante's Inferno, the deepest point of Hell, where Satan and his worshipers spend eternity, is frozen and dark, his logic being that GOD is often symbolized with light and appears in fire in the Bible so he made it the opposite.

Kimimaro Kaguya 08-04-2011 12:01 PM

i believe in candyland but all the other places are just bs

Jinchiruuki 08-04-2011 01:29 PM

Heaven and Hell are the answers that humans look for to explain life after death. Since most people don't like to think there is nothing afterwards it gives them comfort knowing there is a place that awaits "good" people and a place that awaits "bad" people. Good and bad btw are subjective.

In my eyes Earth is both of those places depending on who you are and what you go through.

I don't believe in God nor do I believe in Heaven or Hell. I do believe in some sort of afterlife however.

mrsticky005 08-04-2011 06:12 PM

The way most people think of hell? No.

The traditional view of hell seems to be that after you die if you are a bad person
you then roast in fire and brimstone for the rest of eternity while Satan pokes you.

I don't think this view could possibly be any more biblically inaccurate.

First off people don't go to hell because they are bad people. If that was the case
then we ALL go to hell because well...whether you like it or not we're all bad people.
Before Jesus died this was actually the case. One might think that Jesus sacrifice
is just a free pass to sin since you'll just get forgiven anyways. I heartily disagree.
This kind of view has a VERY poor understanding of what repentance means.
Put simply you're not going to fool God with a lip service apology. The two most
difficult things a person can do are to apologize and to forgive. The type of
person who murders innocents is likely to be the same type of person who
will not sincerely ask for forgiveness. Just look at Anders Brevik for example.
He won't even admit he did something wrong which is the first step to repentance.
He's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGG G
way to being truly sorry for what he did and sadly I doubt he ever will be. Why?
Because even we are wrong we tend to think of ourselves as being right and
when we think we are right we can be VERY stubborn. Being bad won't put
you in hell but stubbornness will.

the other problem with the traditional view on hell is that it's right after
death then it is eternal. The problem with this is that it ignores Revelations.
Specifically the part where EVERYBODY gets resurrected. How could they
be resurrected if they are in hell forever? Or better yet why would they
be resurrected to be judged when they are already punished?

king kakashi 08-04-2011 09:57 PM

i do believe in hell because i believe in heaven
if there is no heaven (and no hell) life has no purpose why live if after you die nothing remains but a corpse, ashes, and memorys

mrsticky005 08-05-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king kakashi (Post 5392245)
i do believe in hell because i believe in heaven
if there is no heaven (and no hell) life has no purpose why live if after you die nothing remains but a corpse, ashes, and memorys

Food and sex. I suppose.

Though I think a better question is...

Why are we even asking the question?
I mean why do we wonder about what happens after death?