Naruto Discussion Forum

Naruto Discussion Forum (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/index.php)
-   Series Discussion (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=239)
-   -   Am I alone here? (http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=101547)

Nightroad 07-14-2011 05:40 PM

Am I alone here?

I started reading anime and manga about 3 years ago, so far I my favorites have only been Bleach and Naruto. About a month ago, I got bored of waiting for new chapters of Bleach and Naruto, so I tried One Piece out, since basically everyone in the internet kept recommending it to me on every forum I've ever been to...

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I truly now understand why tons of people believe that One Piece is better than Bleach and Naruto. Sure it starts out slow and the drawings looked a bit childish, I didn't mind it, considering how I also like DBZ.

Now a days, Bleach and Naruto doesn't seem that interesting anymore, I mean most chapters I just skim through it, with One Piece I basically read each chapter more than 2 times. I also like how One Piece basically doesn't have the same old:

Strong Enemy appears > Main Character trains > Viewers see the new technique > Enemy defeated

I never did like Training scenes. I basically thought it was a waste of time.

Taker369 07-14-2011 05:42 PM

Re: Am I alone here?

one piece is good i like it more then naruto i just dont like the current arc in one piece that's it

Nightroad 07-14-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taker369 (Post 5255867)
one piece is good i like it more then naruto i just dont like the current arc in one piece that's it

Ya I kind of agree that the Fishman arc atm is a bit boring compared to the other arcs.

sakura_blossom 07-14-2011 05:46 PM

._. You're not alone, you just have different tastes. I don't like One Piece much my self. I mean I like it, but I'm not worshiping like some people do. There are plenty of manga out there, and some of them are far better than One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto.
I mean Death Note was pretty good, for the most part.

Nightroad 07-14-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakura_blossom (Post 5255882)
._. You're not alone, you just have different tastes. I don't like One Piece much my self. I mean I like it, but I'm not worshiping like some people do. There are plenty of manga out there, and some of them are far better than One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto.
I mean Death Note was pretty good, for the most part.

Ah, right now I'm one of those people worshipping One Piece atm. I did like Death Note and Code Geass... but I felt a bit sad when it ended. I like long animes mostly, I don't like my favorite story's ending.

sakura_blossom 07-14-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightroad (Post 5255896)
Ah, right now I'm one of those people worshipping One Piece atm. I did like Death Note and Code Geass... but I felt a bit sad when it ended. I like long animes mostly, I don't like my favorite story's ending.

xD I used to worship One Piece myself.
I don't mind short mangas for the simple fact it gives me the opportunity to go out and look at other mangas with out being stuck on one manga. If I really like the manga then I reread it. I've reread FMA twice already. I admit its sad when a good manga ends, but hey, at least you had the pleasure of being able to read it all the way through.

Alfred Van 07-15-2011 03:18 PM

Something similar happened to me, I read Naruto,Bleach and One Piece on Shonen Jump and from those 3 One Piece was my least favorite(probably because it was before the speed up and sometimes they just had 2 episodes).
I started to see the anime and I loved it,now I admit that One Piece is the best,but Naruto is still my favorite(hard to explain).Now I'm starting to buy some volumes of One Piece.