Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Immortal Watch Dog

Conversation Between The Immortal Watch Dog and SRhyse
Showing Visitor Messages 61 to 70 of 219
  1. The Immortal Watch Dog
    11-13-2013 01:44 PM
    The Immortal Watch Dog
    I apologize for my absence having been sick with some nasty chest cold that has yet to fully go away! It seems like we might then be on the same side on the education debate then, that's funny

yeah those are the types I've been lucky to grow up around and have always had a lot of respect for... it's easy to say someone whose is a multi millionaire never works and lives off others...in many cases that may very well be true but in others? if the average naysayer had any idea how hard they worked what they had to sacrifice..heh

also check this out

http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=33784

denseness like this tended to create the "the mods wont silence idiocy of that magnitude we'll do it ourselves' attitude you used to hear so many complaints about
  2. SRhyse
    11-06-2013 05:16 PM
    SRhyse
    He speaks gibberish? His presence on the forum now makes sense .

I'm actually more into private education and mentorships and not really for the 'jumping through golden hoops' model that does make up a good portion of academia. Not all of it, mind you, but some of it. I'm way more for self education because all education is self education either way. Most of my classes are actually private classes that basically amount to that, and many of my students are business leaders and people that built their fortunes brick by brick with their hands. Literally! Inspiring folks, more so than undergrads in their pajamas .

No I figure someone's going to come in and say they don't like abortion either way, I'd just rather the topic was so accessible people will at least be able to readily see through it . I'd also rather VIZ wasn't in any way associated with any positions on a contested topic, which is why I tend to take all sides if I take one at all on the forum.
  3. The Immortal Watch Dog
    11-06-2013 05:04 PM
    The Immortal Watch Dog
    More or less, I think its less random and more giberish but yeah.

Education might be interesting I think I might piss you off though given you're a college professor and I'm a proponent of trade schools and apprenticeships and a restoration of an older style of "higher education" with colleges being something of a choice not an obligation to succeed Then again you admire Jefferson and co which were partially self educated

you worried about a huge shitstorm or more worried about the debate being side tracked by frustration?
  4. SRhyse
    11-06-2013 11:27 AM
    SRhyse
    No I've never talked to him outside of one debate thread and him PMing me to tell me I was an 'asinine fool' for my trouble , I had just taken a Skype debate to mean via audio or video, not text. As I recall, he was the one that would have his first line or two seem written for the post, then the rest would just be random still taken from elsewhere, right?

Maybe something to do with education? Or privacy? The more abstract something is the less people looking to be offended will be given an opportunity to . Can't be men's rights or feminism either, I'd never stop typing. Be cool if it was still accessible though. I know most of what I wrote in that last thread went over everyone's heads based on their responses, which always sucks after you take the time to type it out.
  5. The Immortal Watch Dog
    11-06-2013 08:54 AM
    The Immortal Watch Dog
    Wow you actually talked to him on Skype? I entertained the thought briefly until I realized I'd be arguing someone who can't even keep himself from contradicting himself or laying obvious "traps" in the same post much less overall argument

So a topic that wouldn't piss half the user.base off? That's gonna be kinda hard to fine they seem to get angry at the drop of a hat

I look forward to it:P
  6. SRhyse
    11-06-2013 08:15 AM
    SRhyse
    At least he couldn't copy and paste things from elsewhere on Skype .

I'd love to debate some time if you'd like, though I'd prefer for the sake of the forum it wasn't regarding something that might piss off half the site . The topic having relevance to me as well would help, as at least I could budget some time from elsewhere in a more fruitful way to it.

I don't know about mauled , but some of the best moments in my life involved me getting my ass handed to me, so I'd do my best to do you the courtesy of the same.
  7. The Immortal Watch Dog
    11-05-2013 08:58 PM
    The Immortal Watch Dog
    Reality apparently made himself a mod on one of the Whiskey media forums (note that seems from all confirmation a total lie ) also he wants us both to duel him on skype..the rest of his vms are just pure gold.

I saw your post. I wanna give due attention to it, just for the value of being able to spot something I can reply too. I'd love to actually debate you...our discussions have always been awesome and enlightening but I've never actually clashed with you

you'd maul me..being a professional and all but it'd be a learning experience
  8. SRhyse
    11-05-2013 04:04 PM
    SRhyse
    Made another post there, but I think mainly like I said in my post, few read the OP and just posted on what they wanted the issue to be.

Looked at my post after, and after all the scrolling too. Crap it got long . Almost broke the forums. I might personally see the length of that and evacuate the thread if I didn't have enough time .
  9. The Immortal Watch Dog
    11-05-2013 03:55 PM
    The Immortal Watch Dog
    Man that debate about fatherhood turned into an abortion morality debate faster than you can say "side tracked" wonder if that's a deliberate move or not
  10. The Immortal Watch Dog
    11-04-2013 05:21 PM
    The Immortal Watch Dog
    someone on the NF staff says he created an account called The Immortal Watch Cat I have to wonder what the hell happened there

a love triangle...gives me the mental image of him listening to meat loaf and posting