PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Chapter 542 Discussion

Yori
06-08-2011, 09:13 AM
That was a quickie

tsuki
06-08-2011, 09:28 AM
I really liked this chapter. We got to see more of Bee growing up. The only complaint is I would have liked to see a longer battle with Minato, but it was still cool to see him again.

SilentBlade
06-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Feels like filler, and it feels like it will continue into the next chapter or so because the war is pushing along just a little to fast.

JazzJunkie4
06-08-2011, 09:29 AM
.....and so the flashbacks begin

narulvr
06-08-2011, 09:33 AM
I always love to get more info on important characters so this was a good one to me. and a is QUICK but good ole' ftg saved the day!

Jakropha
06-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Speed Chapters.....
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd

takuya
06-08-2011, 09:38 AM
It was a pretty good flashback. I just wish the fight between Minato and Raikage had lasted longer and was more exciting. It would have been amazing if Minato beat Raikage without using FTG.

Poodle
06-08-2011, 09:44 AM
It did go by fast, but this flashback was better than most of them outside of Pain/Konan/Yahiko flashback. Watching lil Bee is awesome, i just wish they showed him fighting more when he was holding those 2 knives in the weeds. I hope the anime shows some fight filling there.

I thought it was pretty decently acceptable for a flashback, even tho i want to see what Bee/Naruto do next regarding the war....

tsuki
06-08-2011, 09:52 AM
.....and so the flashbacks begin Yeah, but this was actually a good flashback.

zerosameri
06-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Damn it I, wanted to make the thread. But my computer failed... :lol Any ways, I only like Madara's flash back... I never cared for B's much :|

Page 14:
Minato is like "btch please, wut now?"

Page 15:
A: Gotcha
Minato: damn it! :|
*Panel 3
Minato: :cool face:

Page 16:
Minato: Lul got you from behind!
*Panel 4
Minato:.... O_O what the hell, how!

:lol:

Kimimaro Kaguya
06-08-2011, 10:12 AM
i actually liked this flashback unlike the same team 7 flashbacks EVERYTIME -_-"

Revived Kakuzu
06-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Did anyone notice how Bee's hair style changed on page 8? Lol. Look at the top panel, then the bottom, where he's preparing to use Lariat xD

Wooster
06-08-2011, 11:08 AM
That was a quickie
You do those a lot in the morning Yori? ;D

mrsticky005
06-08-2011, 12:09 PM
It was good. Though I would have liked it to be a little longer.

Rasen_Chidori
06-08-2011, 12:14 PM
I love how they're all like 'Oh shiz, it's the yellow flash, we better retreat coz he's too awesome.' xDDD

Wooster
06-08-2011, 12:14 PM
I just hope it ends soon. How many Killer Bee flashbacks do we need?

JazzJunkie4
06-08-2011, 12:15 PM
A's personality seems a lot different to me in these flashbacks

Space Cowboy Sasori
06-08-2011, 12:30 PM
The only real thing I got out of that chapter, was that Kiba's dad's dog looks like a monster, man.

tsuki
06-08-2011, 12:36 PM
How do you know that is Kiba's dad?

Vornmusion
06-08-2011, 12:36 PM
A seemed quite a bit different in the flashback. Let us hope that if it is a purposeful event, that the explanation is not saved for another chapter long flashback in another 20 chapters to further break the flow of the manga.

The only real thing I got out of that chapter, was that Kiba's dad's dog looks like a monster, man.

That's what I was thinking too. :lol:

Wooster
06-08-2011, 12:41 PM
I figure this is pretty self explanatory. We already heard how Bee did it through the Motoi flashback. I guess somehow A is involved, but who really cares?

Noctis Arashi
06-08-2011, 12:43 PM
I need moar minato. And sasuke. And itachi.

I don't care about B.

UchiHa_AsH
06-08-2011, 01:16 PM
pretty good. I enjoyed it i guess. but it was to short... :(

Space Cowboy Sasori
06-08-2011, 01:28 PM
How do you know that is Kiba's dad?

the marks on the face, and the dog gave it away for me.

also the fact that he was with Choza.

Lady Tsunade
06-08-2011, 01:54 PM
No Tsunade. Bad chapter was bad.

Srsly though, bored the hell out of me =[

Parak111
06-08-2011, 02:18 PM
I knew something like this was coming. A full flashbacks chapter, to stall for time.

Regarding the chapter itself, I say Minato and Ei's speed will be debated a lot. Ei had to be saved by KB, or Minato would've made a hole through him with that kunai. That was the only interesting part, aside from seing Eight-Tails' previous jinchuriki.

Next chapter will most probably continue with the flashbacks from the looks of it.

tsuki
06-08-2011, 02:21 PM
the marks on the face, and the dog gave it away for me.

also the fact that he was with Choza.

Doesn't mean it is his dad. Just means it is a member of the clan.

I knew something like this was coming. A full flashbacks chapter, to stall for time.

Regarding the chapter itself, I say Minato and Ei's speed will be debated a lot. Ei had to be saved by KB, or Minato would've made a hole through him with that kunai. That was the only interesting part, aside from seing Eight-Tails' previous jinchuriki.

Next chapter will most probably continue with the flashbacks from the looks of it.

Ei? You mean A?

Parak111
06-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Ei? You mean A?

Ei is the official Viz translation of the name. A can be confused for "a", and I think Ei is better.

Jakropha
06-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Ei is the official Viz translation of the name. A can be confused for "a", and I think Ei is better.
He also has a tree summoning, which he calls 'Ent'

When he rides on Ent's head, they transform into a powerful dog with fire powerz!!
And it was called..... Entei...
Pokemon, you steal the good idea's :lol:
And make them crappy :cool:

Shikamaru Nara
06-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Little B is so cute. :3

Poodle
06-08-2011, 02:43 PM
lol why doesn't everyone just call him Raikage? now theres people using 3 different names for him for what reason, i have no idea :P

I think the flashbacks will explain the whole Jinchuriki focus on whatever needed to be able to handle one, where Bee's will be his raps, and then he'll show Naruto's being his indomitable will from training with him, which will impress Raikage enough, to let them go. altho thats too predictable so who knows...

Poodle
06-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Little B is so cute. :3

yeah i think lil Bee is awesome with how they draw him :cool:

Kreegah!!!
06-08-2011, 03:21 PM
I just hope it ends soon. How many Killer Bee flashbacks do we need?

More interesting than Naruto flashbacks. Why couldn't this be "Killer Bee"?:eek:

Lady Tsunade
06-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Because we want the manga to make money. ;]

deidara330
06-08-2011, 03:50 PM
The general idea of the chapter was predictable given the last one. I already knew Killerbee's becoming a Jinchuriki and his relationship with A would both be played on greatly in the remainder of the flashback, since both are reasons that the flashback itself began.

I liked that this chapter gave hype to the A-B combo; Since the series revolves around a Konoha ninja, very few teams or shinobi get hype outside the ones from Konoha. It gives the feeling that Konoha's not only the best village, but twice as good as any other just to begin with. Now there's more of a balance of that, most particularly since the war started.

If this becomes a more general flashback, it could include the Third's death, mini-appearance by Darui, Killerbee training Yugito, Killerbee using the Waterfall of Truth and becoming friends with the Eight-Tails, and all that. The flashback should be leading up to "Why Killerbee is defending Naruto," which is the note it started off on. It's almost certain that the flashback will end in the next chapter on that note, because it's what the author should do.

White_fang
06-08-2011, 04:21 PM
A will feel bad for Bee and remember the only reason bee is the person he is, is because of him and won't want to throw it away and won't kill him. They're going to have a happy feel good moment like always with this stupid power of friendship the author revolves all of narutoverse around and at the end there will be no conflict. As a matter of fact I'll even predict naruto will fistbump A somehow and A will be all like :O, i see into your soul bla bla bla maybe you are different after all bla bla bla go ahead (he'll even see minato's face in naruto somehow and be reminded of him)

Poodle
06-08-2011, 06:19 PM
A will feel bad for Bee and remember the only reason bee is the person he is, is because of him and won't want to throw it away and won't kill him. They're going to have a happy feel good moment like always with this stupid power of friendship the author revolves all of narutoverse around and at the end there will be no conflict. As a matter of fact I'll even predict naruto will fistbump A somehow and A will be all like :O, i see into your soul bla bla bla maybe you are different after all bla bla bla go ahead (he'll even see minato's face in naruto somehow and be reminded of him)

but those are themes of Naruto as in power of friendship or never giving up, and the fist bump is the theme of the flashbacks. they have to be repeated and emphasized, even if its predictable. I mean not all of the time, but with the fist bump its the basis of this flashback pretty much so it'll probably end with that when they get back to reality.

Devroux
06-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Any chapter with Minato is good enough for me. Especially when he fights. He kicks ass.

Although it was a flashback, I had no problems with it. I liked it.

Shikamaru Nara
06-08-2011, 06:20 PM
The flashbacks are so boring.

Devils Lawyer
06-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Interesting a chapter that actually proves how fast Minato really is. A chapter with legitamate feats for him.

Shikamaru Nara
06-08-2011, 06:28 PM
He's had a few, but nothing solid like this. But it's only solid because A has so many feats.

Devils Lawyer
06-08-2011, 06:31 PM
He's had a few, but nothing solid like this. But it's only solid because A has so many feats.

Exactly my point this actually brings him up quite a few levels in the ranking. A couldn't even react to his movements Bee saved him.

Shikamaru Nara
06-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Yeah because Minato was afraid. >_>

Devroux
06-08-2011, 06:40 PM
He was surprised. Minato doesn't get scared. Plus, as far as we know, no other Jinchuriki had that kind of ability to control the bijuu like Bee.

kalmeast
06-08-2011, 09:41 PM
lol BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES!:D:p

- ah! it was too short...

- who cares about Bee's flashback

- wanted to see more of minato in the flashback, and all that,

ppl have gotten so used to complaining that it's become almost uncool to thumbs up any good work without sniffing out the little spotted yin... get's aggravating sometimes!:mad:

this was a responsible chapter.... i hope it takes even more fbNj and tNj to convince A to let Naruto through. an easy letting through would be particularly unrealistic.

Namikaze_Naruto
06-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Great chapter, I look forward to seeing the other run-ins between Minato and A that A mentioned to Naruto. Not to mention that Minato likely has to face off against Bee/Eight Tails to gain his inspiration for Rasengan, as we know he based it off the tailed beast bomb. Now that would be a more epic fight, as even A said that Bee has more talent than he does, and it appears that even though A is now the fastest shinobi, Minato was levels above him when he was alive.

Also, Minato made a reference to having a good family. I hope this alludes to us finding out about his back story, as at this point Naruto has not been born and we don't know if he has married Kushina yet. Considering he is not a Kage and Jiraiya/Tsunade mentioned that he rose up to Hokage at an unbelievable rate, I'd venture a guess that he isn't much older than Kakashi is in the current story line (possibly younger), which would mean that the family he is referring to is his clan. I am eager to hear their story/lineage/obliteration and how that ties into everything.

gama-sennin
06-08-2011, 11:16 PM

Nah...Dont think thats true. Minato had enough guts to stand and deliver a "speech" when everyone from Konoha had already pulled out. He was alone against A, B and the monions.

A good chapter overall, but I think Kishi is doing fan service again. I love Minato as a character but this chapter takes the hype to whole new level. Even A couldnt stand before Minato and needed B's help to save his ass. That must count for something.

Jutsu Junkie
06-09-2011, 12:13 AM

That thing looked a bit like the Kyuubi in at least one of the cells...

Interesting a chapter that actually proves how fast Minato really is. A chapter with legitamate feats for him.

It's spacetime jutsu. It looks as though he's employing the scattered kunai as focul points for teleportation. Notice that everytime he lands someplace its right over a kunai. I was wondering if the kunai around him during Bee's previous recollections about the rasengan had any meaning beyond looking cool. I think this chapter goes a long way in explaining that, even though it's still not totally clear.

THE GOOD: Minato's jutsu, previous 8-tails jinchuuriki

THE BAD: I'm pretty sure Minato's real nickname was Flashback, not the Yellow Flash, although since he retreated those two names seem like synonyms.

THE UGLY: What's with the weird parting convo between enemies who seem to be directly after each other's family members? Jeez, Minato, swell of you to try and help out an enemy's brother just after mortal combat ... hold on you are a ninja, right?

gama-sennin
06-09-2011, 01:03 AM
This chapter doesnt really say anything about his real speed but it highlighted Minato's reaction feats. He casually avoided A's fastest attack and attacked his behind even before A could turn around. This simply means that those who(BGers) said "He will be dead before he can process the thought of using FTG" were wrong.
This chapter shows Minato as someone who didnt give a crap about who his opponent was. He single handedly took on A and B and the minions and almost got A in the process.

It's spacetime jutsu. It looks as though he's employing the scattered kunai as focul points for teleportation.

He does use the kunais as markers for teleporting to next location. Kunai are vital to his tech.

Wind Style Naruto
06-09-2011, 03:20 AM
Wow...I never seen so much people so calm and open about an flashback chapter since the one about Naruto's birth.

Wooster
06-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Wow...I never seen so much people so calm and open about an flashback chapter since the one about Naruto's birth.
That's because it was decent and hopefully won't last too long.
The problem is when flashbacks interrupt important events (A vs. Naruto doesn't seem that interesting) or the screw the story told to this point. None of that has happened so far.

I don't find this story very amazing, but I don't hate it.

nightwolf613
06-09-2011, 07:35 AM
I really didn't care the chapter as a whole. It really didn't pick up for me until Minato showed up. But I don't like Killer Bee so that has a lot to do with it I'm sure. I'd be more interested in finding out more about some of the other jinchuuriki than him.

Jutsu Junkie
06-09-2011, 09:09 AM
He does use the kunais as markers for teleporting to next location. Kunai are vital to his tech.

Agreed, but when was that first established? I don't remember it being explored in a way that led to that conclusion before this chapter. When he fought Madara?

That's because it was decent and hopefully won't last too long.
The problem is when flashbacks interrupt important events (A vs. Naruto doesn't seem that interesting) or the screw the story told to this point. None of that has happened so far.

I don't find this story very amazing, but I don't hate it.

True. Still don't care for flashbacks, since the info can be handled differently and with more immediacy, but as flashbacks go this was tolerable. At least it gave us new information for characters other than young Team 7.

Wooster
06-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Agreed, but when was that first established? I don't remember it being explored in a way that led to that conclusion before this chapter. When he fought Madara?

True. Still don't care for flashbacks, since the info can be handled differently and with more immediacy, but as flashbacks go this was tolerable. At least it gave us new information for characters other than young Team 7.
Yes, I rather have narrative over a flashback. >.>

But tolerable is the right word.

tsuki
06-09-2011, 12:30 PM

Actually I believe it was first introduced during the Kakashi Gaiden specials, though it may have been referred to even earlier than that.

Hando Craap
06-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Over-all a really good chapter.I like the flashbacks,you get to know the characters better.Bee is gonna show Naruto how to fill the 9 tails heart.But it will be something different for Naruto cause he's gotta do it his own way.

Vivi
06-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Anyone else notice how massive the Raikage's Fist is? XD

Space Cowboy Sasori
06-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Doesn't mean it is his dad. Just means it is a member of the clan.

I'm not sure, Choza was with him and he's Choji's dad. The Hokage was Naruto's dad. So, there's Kiba's dad.

Probably ya know.

tsuki
06-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Anyone else notice how massive the Raikage's Fist is? XD
His Fist or his Foot? xP

EvL j3st3r
06-09-2011, 02:14 PM
The kunai aren't actually vital. They just make it much more efficient. It's the mark he puts on the kunai that allows him to teleport to it. That's the vital part. He can place that mark anywhere....even on people.

I don't think that was the first time but yes it was verified in that part of the manga. Remember when he teleported to Madara? Madara stated that Minato must have managed to put the FTG mark somewhere on Madara's body.

Jutsu Junkie
06-09-2011, 09:11 PM
The kunai aren't actually vital. They just make it much more efficient. It's the mark he puts on the kunai that allows him to teleport to it. That's the vital part. He can place that mark anywhere....even on people.

I don't think that was the first time but yes it was verified in that part of the manga. Remember when he teleported to Madara? Madara stated that Minato must have managed to put the FTG mark somewhere on Madara's body.

Oh, nice. Forgot about that. But it occurs to me that since this is teleportation, you wouldn't call it "speed" in the normal sense of the word. It also seems area-limited, whereas the Raikage's tech follows him around. I guess in one way it doesn't matter: how you get there isn't as important as whether you get there. But in another sense it makes a difference. How many tags can Minato carry around? Seems like if you can manage to force him out of the tagged area, he might be done, at least speed-wise. But Raikage still has his raiton cloak and so would be fast anywhere. For me this still means Naruto's speed is remarkable, even though he isn't actually faster than Raikage (although I don't know if Naruto will really stay that speed).

EvL j3st3r
06-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Oh, nice. Forgot about that. But it occurs to me that since this is teleportation, you wouldn't call it "speed" in the normal sense of the word. It also seems area-limited, whereas the Raikage's tech follows him around. I guess in one way it doesn't matter: how you get there isn't as important as whether you get there. But in another sense it makes a difference. How many tags can Minato carry around? Seems like if you can manage to force him out of the tagged area, he might be done, at least speed-wise. But Raikage still has his raiton cloak and so would be fast anywhere. For me this still means Naruto's speed is remarkable, even though he isn't actually faster than Raikage (although I don't know if Naruto will really stay that speed).
I agree. The feats we saw in the last chapter weren't actually Minato physically outspeeding Raikage. As you said, teleportation isn't physical speed. But Minato's physical speed is still off the charts without FTG. I would say it's a safe bet to say Minato is physically faster than Raikage as well since Raikage himself admitted it.....tho it couldn't be a huge gap. I mean how much faster can one get?

As far as your analysis of FTG....to this point, we don't know of FTG having a range. Pushing him out of the target area wouldn't work. Doesn't matter how far you take him from the mark, he can still teleport to it. And from the last chapter, I gather he can carry more than you may think....just look at all those kunai he released in an instant. Also, he could carry a countless amount in scrolls (kinda like Ten Ten). But when it boils down to it......none of that even matters. He can put the mark on anything anytime he wants...even during battle (which we saw in his bout with Madara). So even if he got caught in battle with no tags he could still use FTG in the fight by using his superior speed and placing the mark around the area, or he could use a preexisting mark far off to retreat (which I don't think he would choose to do). So there's really just no way to stop him from using the technique.

I too am impressed with Naruto's speed. He's definitely faster than Sasuke when he fought Raikage. But I think Naruto will become even faster. He has to live up to his dad's image eventually.

Speaking of Naruto, I noticed a lot of comments about Bee having to save Naruto from Raikage last week.....wut!? We don't know that he HAD TO. We just know that he did it. Ppl just jump on a chance to hate. Raikage and Naruto didn't even really fight. No one knows what would have happened if Bee hadn't blocked that punch. We can only guess.

Namikaze_Naruto
06-10-2011, 04:59 PM
^^ I agree, and think it is safe to assume he has a fairly large range, as he FTG'ed with Naruto from where Kushina gave birth to their home. We don't know the exact distance that was, but we know he went from outside the village to inside the village and I don't think it's a stretch to assume that is a decent distance to travel. Then again, that also assumes their home is inside the village, which we don't know for certain.

To your comment about people hating, I agree and in the Chapter 421 discussion I spoke to both your points about his speed and his fight vs Raikage. Naruto hasn't mastered his speed yet (as Tenzou said), and knowing Raikage's strength I doubt he would have stood by and tried to fight if he didn't have a plan, not to mention if the 8-tails can catch the punch I'm pretty certain 9-tails wouldn't have a problem with it.

And I have seen people bringing up Minato's last words in the chapter, but I think is referring to exactly what Bee had said in the earlier chapter: he would just be a weapon. Bee said if he didn't have things he would care about, he would just be a weapon for Raikage to fire up. Here, Minato says Bee needs to find out what is most important to him, otherwise he won't be a jinchuriki or a person.

EvL j3st3r
06-10-2011, 06:35 PM
^that's a possible meaning of what Minato said...I don't really have any fresh theories about it. Actually, I was looking forward to seeing what others thought it meant but ,surprisingly, noone's said much about it.