PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Possible or not?

Jinchiruuki
06-07-2011, 12:12 PM
In regards to TBC's thread about Zetsu being an imperfected ET..or rather the first test Edo Tensei..

Is it possible that Zetsu is actually Obito, Edo Tensei'd? Reason I am thinking this is because Orochimaru had been after the Sharingan for some time. What better way to obtain it than by ET'ing a deceased Uchiha member ?(which literally had no trace left aside from Kakashi and Rin's knowledge of where his body was). I see this being possible, even though there is little to no evidence of this, as all Orochimaru would have had to do is obtain some DNA of his. Even though you can't take an ET'd persons eyes, Orochimaru would not have known that until he tried and failed to do so at least once.

Like what stopped him from kidnapping a younger/weaker Uchiha and taking their eyes while he was in the village? He was never the type to be out in the open, hence the snake reference, which is why I think he developed ET in the first place. Or at least that could have been his first intention with it until he found he couldn't take the eyes from an ET'd individual.

I mean think about it. He wants the Sharingan but doesn't want to make a scene, so the best thing to do is grave rob or find information on a dead Uchiha member. The freshest one would have been Obito (Aside from the massacre that was to come later on). Even if he couldn't take the eyes at least he'd have the ability to summon a user that has a Sharingan..which would still give him a ridiculous advantage in battle.

Orochimaru was also in the Akatsuki for a time although it is unclear if Zetsu came before or during his time there. But I honestly think Orochimaru had everything to do with Zetsu's creation.

This could also explain how Zetsu has extensive knowledge on Sharingan abilities (aside from what Tobi may have informed him on), his ability to "record" things and why Tobi trusts him above all others.

Another thing to consider: If Tobi is in fact Kagami (adding that theory into this as well), is it possible Obito could be his son? Or relative of sorts?

TL;DR /Main questions

1) When ET was first being developed, who was the first person Orochimaru attempted to resurrect? And why?
2) Is Zetsu "made" from Obito remains and Senju DNA?
3) If the theory Tobi = Kagami is true and revealed as such, where does that put the relationship between him and Zetsu?
4) Who did Tobirama attempt to resurrect when he first started developing ET?

Just sharing some thoughts I've had lately on this. Feel free to post some information if you have any or debate or whatever :D

EDIT: Added some more questions.

jesse uzumaki
06-07-2011, 11:59 PM
this is actually a possibility. but i don't think zetsu by any means is related to obito or is obito mainly because zetsu has not shown any uchiha powers.

Revived Kakuzu
06-08-2011, 03:23 AM
You never know with Zetsu, but since it was Tobirama who developed ET, I'm sure that Orochi would have known everything about it already, so I doubt that he failed in reviving Obito and made Z...

Jinchiruuki
06-08-2011, 01:34 PM
this is actually a possibility. but i don't think zetsu by any means is related to obito or is obito mainly because zetsu has not shown any uchiha powers.

He has in a sense.

Recording? Which could be interpreted the same way as Kakashi "copying" with his.

What about his Mayfly technique? Which is almost like a mix between Wood/Earth release and Tobi's Teleportation.

Not saying Zetsu IS Obito..but I am really trying to think about why/how Zetsu came to be and why does Tobi trusts him above all others? Even Kisame (who was probably the most loyal out of all the members) was kept in the shadows about a lot of things.

You never know with Zetsu, but since it was Tobirama who developed ET, I'm sure that Orochi would have known everything about it already, so I doubt that he failed in reviving Obito and made Z...

If Orochimaru would have known everything about it then he would have perfected it a long time ago. In my opinion at least.

He would still have had many test ET's. Some of which may have been able to keep their souls intact and conscience minds.

Look at the backstory of Yamato...he was the sole survivor of Oro's experiments with Hashirama Senju DNA. Out of hundreds of babies.

All we know is that Oro managed to increase ET's efficiency somehow...only way to do this is continuously practice the technique itself.

Jakropha
06-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Zetsu is an aaaaaaaaaalien!!!!
End of story

Jinchiruuki
06-08-2011, 01:41 PM
I will also add that White Zetsu is the side with a visible eye socket, mouth etc while the Black side doesn't. Just an iris and that's it. Ironically enough the Black Half is on the right side..which is where Obito's body was crushed by that boulder.

Jinchiruuki
06-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Herp and Derp.

Wooster
06-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Real fast on the up take Jin. >_>

But yes, that is certainly very possible in regards to Zetsu.

tsuki
06-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Umm... I'm pretty sure Kakashi and Rin would have informed the village where Obito died and at the very least an ANBU member would have been sent there to collect or destroy the rest of his body.

Jinchiruuki
06-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Real fast on the up take Jin. >_>

But yes, that is certainly very possible in regards to Zetsu.

What do you mean? O_O

Umm... I'm pretty sure Kakashi and Rin would have informed the village where Obito died and at the very least an ANBU member would have been sent there to collect or destroy the rest of his body.

Not likely. Considering his body was completely covered by boulders. Also should consider they were in a war..their forces were heavily thinned out. I highly doubt they would send an ANBU deep into enemy territory solely to collect a body.

Wooster
06-08-2011, 03:11 PM
I pretty sure TBC mentioned that in his thread. :lol:

Jinchiruuki
06-08-2011, 03:12 PM
I pretty sure TBC mentioned that in his thread. :lol:

Which part? I'll be honest and say I didn't read through all of it thoroughly...for shame I know.

Wooster
06-08-2011, 03:13 PM
The Zetsu being part of a Tobirama failed experiment.

Jinchiruuki
06-08-2011, 03:18 PM
The Zetsu being part of a Tobirama failed experiment.

Hmm didn't read that part..even so my points of Zetsu possibly being a rogue ET'd Obito or having some his DNA still are unanswered.

Wooster
06-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Yes, the Obito crap is all your own. :p

Jinchiruuki
06-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Yes, the Obito crap is all your own. :p

Stop sucking copious amounts of D Wooster. Seriously, the dribble around your mouth is repulsive :D

In other news, I am moving soon.

P.S Seriously though, Zetsu is a boss.

Hyuuga Heir
06-08-2011, 04:09 PM
1. Obito only had one eye when he died.

and

2. Yes, Orochimaru wanted the Sharingan, but he wanted it without the adverse effects of a transplanted eye. Taking a dead body would be useless as he needs a live vessel to transfer his soul. Only then would the Sharingan be truly his to wield.

Jinchiruuki
06-08-2011, 04:32 PM
1. Obito only had one eye when he died.

and

2. Yes, Orochimaru wanted the Sharingan, but he wanted it without the adverse effects of a transplanted eye. Taking a dead body would be useless as he needs a live vessel to transfer his soul. Only then would the Sharingan be truly his to wield.

1) Ok what does that have to do with anything?

2) Exactly my point...he already knew the effects from the transplanting via Kakashi. Or at least I am sure he figured it out or had an idea about it.

You also totally missed what I said..I never said anything about soul transferring.

zerosameri
06-08-2011, 04:49 PM
*sigh* The damn thread got to you. There is NO way Zetsu is Obito by any means.

Hyuuga Heir
06-08-2011, 05:09 PM
1) Ok what does that have to do with anything?

2) Exactly my point...he already knew the effects from the transplanting via Kakashi. Or at least I am sure he figured it out or had an idea about it.

You also totally missed what I said..I never said anything about soul transferring.
No, I did get what you said. I brought up the soul transfer because that is how Orochimaru would have acquired the Sharingan for himself.

Revived Kakuzu
06-09-2011, 03:36 AM
If Orochimaru would have known everything about it then he would have perfected it a long time ago. In my opinion at least.

He would still have had many test ET's. Some of which may have been able to keep their souls intact and conscience minds.

Look at the backstory of Yamato...he was the sole survivor of Oro's experiments with Hashirama Senju DNA. Out of hundreds of babies.

All we know is that Oro managed to increase ET's efficiency somehow...only way to do this is continuously practice the technique itself.

Alright, I agree with you on the whole subject of Orochimaru improving ET. However, Orochimaru, in the past, was doing many of his tests in secrecy and so would probably have destroyed all of his failed results, one way or another.
And by the way, Yamato was the survivor of sixty children, not hundreds. I just don't think that Zetsu's to do with ET... Maybe he's an experiment, but he just seems too much like a plant, to be honest. Unless maybe Orochimaru used a tree to build a body around lol. I dunno.

tsuki
06-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Not likely. Considering his body was completely covered by boulders. Also should consider they were in a war..their forces were heavily thinned out. I highly doubt they would send an ANBU deep into enemy territory solely to collect a body.

A simple boulder wouldn't matter to a trained ninja, they could easily remove it. He was an Uchiha. they wouldn't want any of the secrets of his body falling into the hands of the enemies. Haku explained this policy during the Zabuza Arc.

Jinchiruuki
06-09-2011, 12:52 PM
No, I did get what you said. I brought up the soul transfer because that is how Orochimaru would have acquired the Sharingan for himself.

Agreed but again his initial interest of obtaining it was for a while as in he had been longing for it far before he defected from the village..and again why did he not just pull an Itachi? Assassinate an Uchiha. Then take his eyes and dispose of the body without anyone knowing.

*sigh* The damn thread got to you. There is NO way Zetsu is Obito by any means.

You never know. And I'd like you to prove otherwise with facts.

Alright, I agree with you on the whole subject of Orochimaru improving ET. However, Orochimaru, in the past, was doing many of his tests in secrecy and so would probably have destroyed all of his failed results, one way or another.
And by the way, Yamato was the survivor of sixty children, not hundreds. I just don't think that Zetsu's to do with ET... Maybe he's an experiment, but he just seems too much like a plant, to be honest. Unless maybe Orochimaru used a tree to build a body around lol. I dunno.

I doubt he would have destroyed any failed results..considering he liked to use weaker "pawns" to do his bidding. Knowing him, he would have used them in some way. Either way I see Zetsu being one of the first creations, either by ET or Oro experimenting.

A simple boulder wouldn't matter to a trained ninja, they could easily remove it. He was an Uchiha. they wouldn't want any of the secrets of his body falling into the hands of the enemies. Haku explained this policy during the Zabuza Arc.

Again, you forget that they were in a war...and this all took place DEEP in ENEMY territory. And that they literally had no military forces to spare on such a mission. Sending a lone ANBU, no matter how powerful, would be a suicide mission.

tsuki
06-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Again, you forget that they were in a war...and this all took place DEEP in ENEMY territory. And that they literally had no military forces to spare on such a mission. Sending a lone ANBU, no matter how powerful, would be a suicide mission.

Or Minato (the future Hokage) could have easily collected the body on the way back home.

Hyuuga Heir
06-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Agreed but again his initial interest of obtaining it was for a while as in he had been longing for it far before he defected from the village..and again why did he not just pull an Itachi? Assassinate an Uchiha. Then take his eyes and dispose of the body without anyone knowing.

-.- Because like I said earlier, he didn't want the adverse effects of a transplanted Sharingan. If he assassinated an Uchiha and took the eyes, what would be the point? Transplanting the eyes is not the same is transferring his soul into the body of a person who was born with them. Then he could have the full power of the Sharingan without the backlash even though he's not an Uchiha.

Jinchiruuki
06-09-2011, 01:26 PM
-.- Because like I said earlier, he didn't want the adverse effects of a transplanted Sharingan. If he assassinated an Uchiha and took the eyes, what would be the point? Transplanting the eyes is not the same is transferring his soul into the body of a person who was born with them. Then he could have the full power of the Sharingan without the backlash even though he's not an Uchiha.

So you are still sort of backing up my theory then. If he didn't want the adverse effects then he would find other ways or test other methods.

JazzJunkie4
06-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Well I can say that sakura is going to end up being an alien in disguise and there really aren't any facts that can prove that to be impossible, but common sense tells otherwise and I feel that's were this theory lies. Not to say it's bad, I never thought of this myself and I don't mean to rip on you in any way, but it just doesn't seem possible because it just doesn't flow with the story (among other things) imo.

Jinchiruuki
06-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Well I can say that sakura is going to end up being an alien in disguise and there really aren't any facts that can prove that to be impossible, but common sense tells otherwise and I feel that's were this theory lies. Not to say it's bad, I never thought of this myself and I don't mean to rip on you in any way, but it just doesn't seem possible because it just doesn't flow with the story (among other things) imo.

I respect that :P