PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Chapter 541 Discussion

Yori
06-01-2011, 08:16 AM
It's Out

Yori
06-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Oh wow, Minato fans are gonna have a damn field day: A admitted Minato was better than him

Sasuke
06-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Wait what? Can you PM me the link to the website that you read it at?

EDIT: I usually read manga at htat site, don't know why I didn't check it...

Xibitz360
06-01-2011, 09:04 AM
This^

takuya
06-01-2011, 09:06 AM
I found the site, if Yori hasn't already PM'd it to you two, I will.

Yori
06-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Takuya do it. I don't pm people, people pm me.

Bee & A not blood brothers...... so pissed at Kishi for this

panda-sensei
06-01-2011, 09:09 AM
can you pm me?

Konoha'sGreenThunder
06-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Chapter was good at first, but then Bee learned talk no jutsu.

I was pissed at Tsunade for just standing by. There went your chance at any feats, Tsunade. >.>

The flashback was rather boring. All that to tell us they weren't actually brothers, they just met long ago. Cool.

takuya
06-01-2011, 09:21 AM
The flashback wasn't really necessary.

What The Toast
06-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Eh, I thought it was a great chapter. And I feel the flashback was necessary to show the relationship between Bee and A. It makes what he said about killing Bee a lot less cruel. But as we already know, Raikage will be persuaded to let Naruto join the battle.

JazzJunkie4
06-01-2011, 10:17 AM
flash back made me mad....

UchiHa_AsH
06-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Ofcourse he will be. Or him and bee would both fight him. Then he has lost all hope of doing it all on his own...

Good chapter ^^ i enjoyed it =)

narulvr
06-01-2011, 10:46 AM
I realy liked this chap, I don't know why anyone could be mad at the flash back it was 2 and a half pages and it showed something we didn't know.

mrsticky005
06-01-2011, 11:05 AM
I dunno about this chapter. All it really did is make Raikage a jerk.
I think it's lame that A and B aren't real brothers. Tsunade is as
useless as ever and although I shouldn't be surprised I was honestly
expecting her to do SOMETHING. She could have even be the one
to stop Raikage from killing Naruto. If it wasn't for Killer Bee, Naruto
may be dead already.

sharingangirl
06-01-2011, 11:09 AM
To me, this is the best chapter in a while. I thought the flashback was nesescarry...I liked the idea that they were paired up intsead of blood brothers.
Great chapter. But, I do hope Naruto will hurry up and get to the battlefield.

Yori
06-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Flashbacks are just annoying now. A & Bee flashback should have been shown a while ago when Bee & Naruto was on the island.

Defcon
06-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Nice chapter, interesting to see that the raikage has the same speed as naruto. It seems naruto isn't completely godlike.

sharingangirl
06-01-2011, 11:14 AM
I dunno about this chapter. All it really did is make Raikage a jerk.
I think it's lame that A and B aren't real brothers. Tsunade is as
useless as ever and although I shouldn't be surprised I was honestly
expecting her to do SOMETHING. She could have even be the one
to stop Raikage from killing Naruto. If it wasn't for Killer Bee, Naruto
may be dead already.
The Raikage has always been a jerk...
I do wish Naruto would have been able to dodge A though, but B stopping him made me like B more :)

mrsticky005
06-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Flashbacks are just annoying now. A & Bee flashback should have been shown a while ago when Bee & Naruto was on the island.

I don't think the flashback should even exist.

Wooster
06-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Yes, can't someone inform us of the past without just time jumping into the past?

Wooster
06-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Looking at the colored front page. I notive two things. Sakura still has no breasts. Poor girl.

Secondly, Shino's face is covered in a substance. It is also between Choji's legs. You tell me what happened.

tsuki
06-01-2011, 11:43 AM
So A and B are not actually related, interesting. Kinda smart for the cloud village to make the raikage a tagteam position.

Wooster
06-01-2011, 11:55 AM
I wonder what Bee's real name is then?

Vivi
06-01-2011, 12:10 PM
I wonder what Bee's real name is then?

Jii/G.

Calling it now.

Poodle
06-01-2011, 12:24 PM
I loved this chapter. I didn't know Bee and Raikage weren't really brothers, and looking at lil Bee was cool, makes me like Bee more.

My only complaint was how Naruto needed any saving at all against Raikage. I thought Naruto would be above Raikage right now, and its sort of disappointing he needed others to step in to save him. I mean was he just going to stand there and let Raikage take him out when Bee saved him? especially after talking that stuff about his Minato?

As for the flashback they still haven't got to what Bee is trying to show Raikage thru reading his mind. I wonder what it is that'll convince Raikage to let Naruto pass.

somerandomgirl14
06-01-2011, 12:29 PM
That flashback felt random...

Wooster
06-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Jii/G.

Calling it now.Well, that would be odd.

That flashback felt random...
THen you should have loved it. :lol:

NBT
06-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Disappointing.Also sucks that A and Bee aren't real brothers.

Wind Style Naruto
06-01-2011, 12:55 PM
So how fast is Minato?

And a single punch from Ei can kill a person even Naruto.

Well it was pretty quick and brief flashback.

The one good of the flashback is that if it wasn't for it. The Raikage would like an total ass for saying he will kill his own blood brother but since they aren't blood brothers it makes perfect sense. Maybe the Raikage just snapped at how stupid Tsunade, Naruto, and Bee were being and forgot the bond he and Bee shared.

I guess this goes back to Bee's speech with Iruka.

Also did anyone notice on page 12 when Naruto formed that hand seal that the spiral seal on his stomach began to open up what does that mean?

TheBlackChidori
06-01-2011, 01:30 PM
If this chapter did anything, it bumped Sasuke up a few tiers for doing so well against A and really disappointed me knowing Naruto isn't uber in that form.

narulvr
06-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Man i smell haters! The flashback just showed the origin of the "fist bump" (dap) and that it's not a totaly random thing that bee does. The chap also had a flashback of minato with naruto adn we seen that already but noone's complaining about that, but a new flashback that's short cause an uproar.

lukerules_96
06-01-2011, 01:39 PM
My favorite part was Bee's "No Way Mutha

Munstaah
06-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Well if A suggests he is worse than Minato.

And it has been suggested Naruto has surpassed Minato.

Surely Naruto in that form would be considerably better than A. We didn't see enough for the chapter to be called A vs. Naruto.

Defcon
06-01-2011, 02:10 PM
True, Naruto only wanted to pass the Raikage not fight him. This chapter has only shown that the raikage has the same speed as naruto.

Gouldy17
06-01-2011, 02:30 PM
excuse the language but what a dick the raikage is..i dont mean about killing be i mean the other stuff he said like..."you are jinchuriki you have no right to act on your own will...." ;););)....i want naruto to teach him a lesson your all moaning about how it made naruto look weak but he didnt even get a chance to do anything.....oh and bee said the kyuubi would be revived if naruto died <-----contradiction to the entire manga much

What The Toast
06-01-2011, 02:31 PM
If this chapter did anything, it bumped Sasuke up a few tiers for doing so well against A and really disappointed me knowing Naruto isn't uber in that form.

How can you know ANYTHING about Naruto in that form? He didn't even move let alone try to fight A. He didn't want to fight, he wanted to pass. You can't say whether or not he is powerful when he hasn't even shown anything.

Parak111
06-01-2011, 02:39 PM
This got me seriously confused. Bee and Ei aren't real brothers? Who are Bee's parents then? What happened to them?

Bee and Ei have been referred to be brothers ever since they were introduced. Now, Kishi put a total wrench in the middle of it.

Next: Itachi was adopted, and he's not really Sasuke's brother.

GwynethUchiha
06-01-2011, 02:52 PM
I LOVE the par when Naruto remembered everything his mom said and got mad PISSED at the Raikage

Poodle
06-01-2011, 02:55 PM
My favorite part was Bee's "No Way Mutha F****!"

yeah that was awesome :cool:

Poodle
06-01-2011, 02:57 PM
How can you know ANYTHING about Naruto in that form? He didn't even move let alone try to fight A. He didn't want to fight, he wanted to pass. You can't say whether or not he is powerful when he hasn't even shown anything.

Naruto did try tho and he got punched back, altho he blocked it. Then he almost died if Bee didn't throw his sword in the way.

Also people are forgetting the whole reason why they're flashing back is so Bee can show Raikage something to let Naruto pass. I don't think it was just how he got picked as Raikage's partner.

Squall
06-01-2011, 03:04 PM
e.....oh and bee said the kyuubi would be revived if naruto died <-----contradiction to the entire manga much

Tailed beasts cannot die, they just manifest somewhere else over a period of time when the host is killed or passed away.

Naruto was impressed with A's strength and speed. I agree that we weren't shown enough in the fight to state that 'wow, Naruto is actually weaker than I thought'. eg; When A's stated he was going to kill Naruto, Naruto weaved a hand sign, in which we didn't see what it was or what it could do. For all we know, it could have smashed the crap outta A. (due A stating how much B is better Jinchuuriki than Naruto, maybe he was turning into the transformed beast......surely not this early though....)

I was bummed that A could actually lay a fist on Naruto, and also stated that he would have been "screwed" if it hit him properly.

Oh well, next chapter = half flashbacks and talking. If you didn't notice, the war is still at night so no hardcore fighting, just malicious doings by people (/things) like Zetsu and general storyline topup.

Vornmusion
06-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Looking at the colored front page. I notive two things. Sakura still has no breasts. Poor girl.

Secondly, Shino's face is covered in a substance. It is also between Choji's legs. You tell me what happened.

Luckily for Sakura, Naruto is more interested in her forehead. :lol:

Ugh, cannot unsee.

That's 2 flashbacks that shouldn't exist now. How many more before we are done? :|

Wooster
06-01-2011, 03:42 PM
It also shows that Sasuke is slower than Naruto right now. Also, means Naruto should be able to dodge amateratsu.

NagatoGod_of_Pain
06-01-2011, 03:49 PM
The flashback better not be longer than one chapter.

I'd rather have Kishi elaborate on Taka's situation or anything else instead of a flashback that ruins the relationship between A and B. Would've much rather have A and B be blood brothers.

Mizukage
06-01-2011, 04:18 PM
It also shows that Sasuke is slower than Naruto right now. Also, means Naruto should be able to dodge amateratsu.

I wasn't satisfied with this chapter :( but it was ok.

As for the arguement about A and Naruto and speed:
Naruto totally gets better when he gets angry. He wasn't trying against A. Not really, not yet. He is definately faster.

Therefore I agree with Wooster.
Naruto should totally be able to dodge Amaterasu against Sasuke!
(Kinda saw this coming tho)

You know, it would be kinda cool if Madara was saving Itachi and Nagato for Naruto, but then I guess that would be a replay of people he's already fought and of course there's Kabuto to think about.

deidara330
06-01-2011, 04:33 PM
The flashback better not be longer than one chapter.

I'd rather have Kishi elaborate on Taka's situation or anything else instead of a flashback that ruins the relationship between A and B. Would've much rather have A and B be blood brothers.In One Piece, Luffy and Ace weren't blood brothers. It didn't ruin their relationship at all. And Naruto and Sasuke are brothers for all purposes.

I'd rather have it continue to show how they developed a brotherly relationship despite not being related. It particularly has to continue if people are upset with it so the remainder can fix that kink in the relationship. If you think about it, Motoi said earlier that Kages often put Biju into their relatives to display their power. That means that A considered Killerbee to be his true brother. We also have to see how he named himself Killerbee instead of just B.

Lord Jiraiya
06-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Why do people say Madara is saving Itachi and Nagato? Kabuto is in control of them not madara. Kabuto wont allow Madara to use Itachi or Nagato.

deidara330
06-01-2011, 04:44 PM
That's 2 flashbacks that shouldn't exist now. How many more before we are done? :|- Jugo/Kimimaro(/Orochimaru?) Flashback (Jugo's killing impulse has to be dealt with since he's now free and Sasuke isn't around)

- Suigetsu/Mangetsu Flashback (Suigetsu's with Jugo and thus retains relevance, plus his brother's personality has been destroyed)

- Tsunade/Dan Flashback (Fairly certain Tsunade will die, whether or not she does Dan's abilities and future conflict against Tsunade have been foreshadowed too much to throw away)

- Madara/Hashirama Flashback (Many things about Madara tie into their previous fight)

- Madara Kirigakure Flashback (An incident definitely happened there, and he was involved)

- Madara/Zetsu Flashback (I'll be very sad if this one doesn't happen)

- Itachi Flashback ('Cause he's cool like that/AKA Naruto's gift and he's been revived)

- Jinchuriki Flashbacks (Or else they just have all their personalities destroyed, flashbacks about their experiences make them relatable to Naruto, Killerbee, and Gaara)

- Kabuto Flashback (Dude. Seriously.)

- Kabuto/Madara Flashback (He certainly knows something about Madara we don't)

- Gaara's Father (/Gaara?) Flashback (Their conflict has also been foreshadowed and the Fourth's reaction to Gaara implies that he'll try to elaborate on his attempted assassinations)

- (Onoki/Mu/Madara Flashback?) (Onoki fought Madara, and his master died in battle against the Second Mizukage, who he also killed)

Hmmm, I think that covers it.

Wooster
06-01-2011, 05:29 PM
I wasn't satisfied with this chapter :( but it was ok.

As for the arguement about A and Naruto and speed:
Naruto totally gets better when he gets angry. He wasn't trying against A. Not really, not yet. He is definately faster.

Therefore I agree with Wooster.
Naruto should totally be able to dodge Amaterasu against Sasuke!
(Kinda saw this coming tho)

You know, it would be kinda cool if Madara was saving Itachi and Nagato for Naruto, but then I guess that would be a replay of people he's already fought and of course there's Kabuto to think about.
Better than last weeks anime. Oh mother of mercy. D:

Perhaps. But if Naruto is as fast as A, he can dodge amateratsu. Simple reason being that A can dodge it. Of course, Sasuke may be faster and see faster now that he has EMS.

What The Toast
06-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Better than last weeks anime. Oh mother of mercy. D:

Perhaps. But if Naruto is as fast as A, he can dodge amateratsu. Simple reason being that A can dodge it. Of course, Sasuke may be faster and see faster now that he has EMS.

But, he didn't dodge it with just speed. He used his Lightning Release Armour along with a Body Flicker to dodge.

Mikahel
06-01-2011, 06:07 PM
1. A and B not being blood-brothers sucks.
2. I really wanted to see Naruto kick Raikage's butt.
3. Minato still= Bad A$$.
4. I'm confused, how the heck is Raikage that fast and strong, there is no way he should be able to match up to Naruto in Kyuubi mode, especially speed wise.

What The Toast
06-01-2011, 06:13 PM
1. A and B not being blood-brothers sucks.
2. I really wanted to see Naruto kick Raikage's butt.
3. Minato still= Bad A$$.
4. I'm confused, how the heck is Raikage that fast and strong, there is no way he should be able to match up to Naruto in Kyuubi mode, especially speed wise.

Lightning Release Armour combined with Body Flicker technique.

Yori
06-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Just shows how impressive Sasuke was in that fight. He held his own. No Kyuubi chakra helping him like Naruto. Suck on that haters!

Wooster
06-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Except Sasuke got his butt kicked.

Namikaze_Naruto
06-01-2011, 06:59 PM
What was the rest of Naruto's point he was trying to express to Raikage? He stopped at 'Plus..' right before he tried to lunge by him, curious as to what his final thought was.

Just shows how impressive Sasuke was in that fight. He held his own. No Kyuubi chakra helping him like Naruto. Suck on that haters!

Naruto said he would force his way through Raikage, not speed his way past him. I think he is restraining himself as he doesn't want to hurt Raikage per se, but just wants to get by him. He will do this by countering Raikage's force with a force even greater, effectively dispatching Raikage without killing him. He doesn't view Raikage as a bad guy, so he wasn't treating him like one. And I disagree on the sentiment that this gives a benchmark for him against Sasuke as Naruto isn't taking this fight seriously yet. And as Tenzou said, Naruto hasn't mastered Kyuubi Mode yet, and I bet that once he does and fights seriously his speed will be on a completely different level than even the fastest Shinobi alive. As for Raikage v Sasuke, Sasuke was owned easily. Raikage didn't even have to punch through Sasuke's perfect weapon Susano'o, he basically tricep extensioned through it. Not to mention Karin stated that Sasuke was using this defense because even his eyes couldn't keep up with Raikage's movement, and we know now that Naruto is as fast (soon to be faster) than Raikage. And I highly doubt EMS will give a speed boost, as sharingan/Uchiha is mental energy/chakra, not physical energy.

Raikage on Minato: 'He was a great man, one I never thought would be surpassed.' Does this mean he has been surpassed, and if so who does he mean?

This chapter confirmed that the fist bump with Bee showed him all that Naruto learned from his mother. Not that this was really contested.

Raikage was surprised when Naruto first tells him not to talk about his dad like he knows him, I'm curious as to why. He has never been one to be influenced by/have his mind changed by words (seemingly only action influences him), so I am assuming that Naruto's determination/anger powered up his chakra levels far beyond what they were at the first go. This could by why he was angered and so irrational, in that he realized that Naruto's power-up basically puts him beyond his ability to restrain.

Not to mention, Naruto starts to make a hand signal which is interrupted by Bee. After having taken a blow almost full force, he should have an idea of what Raikage can do. For him to stand there confidently while Raikage directly attacks means he must have some knowledge of his capabilities that ensure he would be able to withstand/counter/negate the attack. Let's not forget that people are always underestimating Naruto, and I think in this case that may be true for everyone in this chapter including himself.

Also, Raikage was aiming to kill Naruto and Bee caught the punch (with help from Hachibi mode). If Bee + partial Hachibi mode can catch the punch, I'm sure Naruto + full Kyuubi mode can as well, in terms of available chakra. I believe 1/2 of Kyuubi is greater than full Hachibi. Pain said Kyuubi was stronger than he imagined, Bee said that Kyuubi's hatred has much stronger than he had thought, and this was all at half strength. Pretty strong allusion/foreshadowing in my mind.

Also did anyone notice on page 12 when Naruto formed that hand seal that the spiral seal on his stomach began to open up what does that mean?

Good catch. On Page 12 Naruto's seal starts to open up similar to how it did when he was fighting Pain and was about to turn full on Kyuubi. It's a bit subtle, but if you look close at the other frames where they show the seal in this issue it is changing. Is Kyuubi taking over? Is this how Naruto 'ascends' to another level ala Super Saiyan?

So, all Naruto has to do is shown he can use the Tailed Beast Bomb and he is more effective in war than Bee huh? :D

Bee will end up 'bringing out the Raikage's full power, and defending him' by intervening in his attack against Naruto. I'm guessing it's the first time anyone has stood up to him like this, especially Bee. Raikage is the only person Bee takes orders from, and it seems from their past interactions that Bee usually falls in line with Raikage's wishes (aside from sneaking off after fighting Sasuke, which was done to get out from Raikage's control) and is actually a bit bullied by him in a big brother-little brother kind of way.

I don't think this was a bad chapter, I do think that it ended up being more Raikage centric and less action oriented than people imagined when they read 'Raikage vs Naruto.' I think this is where Raikage will have some character development.

Sorry for the massive wall of text `o.o"

sharingangirl
06-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Except Sasuke got his butt kicked.
I am not being biased but, he did not get his butt kicked. If Sasuke's help was gone Raikage probably would have won, but Raikage had help too sooo... That fight is hard to determine...
I don't know what your definition of "butt kicked" is, but to me, he definently did not get his butt kicked.

Sai's brother
06-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Alright chapter. Pg 3 was weird though

jesse uzumaki
06-01-2011, 07:45 PM
i see a future full power riakage and bee battle coming up however if bee does die thanks to riakage then F***** raikage you just put the world in trouble that means it easier for madara to capture the 8 tails now. but i do hope killer bee kicks A as.

HachibiXSenpai
06-01-2011, 07:57 PM

so your saying sharingan, amaterasu, susanoo don't help as saving sasuke's butt from getting blitzed by raikage and killed by danzo? heck he needed karin's help for his fights after itachi :roll:

narulvr
06-01-2011, 08:01 PM
This chap also shows naruto's 9t mode defenses. he withstood his punch with just his arms, where jugo's full curse mark mode got demolished and sasukes susanoo got chopped rite threw. i belive naruto could beat him cause he didn't even use any of his skills like chakra arms and he never threw a punch he was just tryna escape.

Yori
06-01-2011, 08:48 PM
so your saying sharingan, amaterasu, susanoo don't help as saving sasuke's butt from getting blitzed by raikage and killed by danzo? heck he needed karin's help for his fights after itachi :roll:

I don't care those are Sasuke's abilities. I hate when people do this crap. Don't take away from his abilities just because you don't like him. Sasuke has skill. Everyone in Naruto has a jutsu that saves their butt, hell the main character uses it every fight. Stop being clouded and give credit when it is due.

sharingangirl
06-01-2011, 09:18 PM
I don't care those are Sasuke's abilities. I hate when people do this crap. Don't take away from his abilities just because you don't like him. Sasuke has skill. Everyone in Naruto has a jutsu that saves their butt, hell the main character uses it every fight. Stop being clouded and give credit when it is due.
^ I hate that too. People are really biased here.

Mizukage
06-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Why do people say Madara is saving Itachi and Nagato? Kabuto is in control of them not madara. Kabuto wont allow Madara to use Itachi or Nagato.

Well at least I'm not saying Kabuto isn't doing that. In fact. I think he probably is, but you can't rule out the possibility Kabuto and Madara both want to save Itachi and Nagato for something bigger.

Besides it would be risky for Kabuto to be like,

"I said you could use these guys in exchange for Sasuke, but nevermind about these two because I want to use them for something and don't worry cuz its not to take you on with the mangekyo and rinnegan."

Blind Uchiha
06-01-2011, 09:34 PM
If Naruto had to kill the Raikage he could do it, a point blank FRS would screw the Raikage over due to his defenses being lightning style. Just as an FYI for people thinking that Raikage could own Naruto.

This chapter was interesting, but the flashback was rather pointless and Tsunade was a useless waste of time again.

Wind Style Naruto
06-02-2011, 12:20 AM
This got me seriously confused. Bee and Ei aren't real brothers? Who are Bee's parents then? What happened to them?

Bee and Ei have been referred to be brothers ever since they were introduced. Now, Kishi put a total wrench in the middle of it.

Next: Itachi was adopted, and he's not really Sasuke's brother.

Doesn't it make the relationship more special seeing that they aren't blood brothers.

I mean I have a brother but my relationship is not even that close compared to me and another friend of mine who are consider a brother or even as close as Luffy's or Ace's relationship or B's and A's.

The flashback also implies how the Cloud's Jinchuuriki were chosen.

Im not an hater but the Raikage destroyed Team Taka. He f*ed up Jugo and broke Suigetsu's Ex-Blade and tore apart his bare arms and as for Sasuke he ripped through a Susano'o bone and if it wasn't for Sasuke's Susano'o Liger Bomb should've killed him. The fact that Naruto is still standing from a point blank punch is amazing and unlike Sasuke, Naruto was able to match his speed. Although it seems that the Raikage wasn't using Version 2 so he is still faster than Naruto.

Well it makes sense that Ei would be faster than Naruto since each Kage were legends for something.

Gaara-his ultimate defense

Onoki-his Kekkei Dota

Mei-having 2 Kekkei Genkeis

Tsunade-her advanced medical ninjutsu

Ei-his ultimate speed

Poodle
06-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Its not that far fetched to call someone brother who isn't your blood, especially in asian culture.

I'm still wondering where you all saw what Bee was trying to show Raikage in the flashback to let Naruto by if it was so pointless....

Kreegah!!!
06-02-2011, 03:31 PM
I LOVED this chapter.

Shikamaru Nara
06-02-2011, 03:32 PM
It's out?! I didn't even notice!

medlnic15
06-02-2011, 04:17 PM
the flashback is kinda interesting. but, it isnt necessary its just to build up suspense

iMario999
06-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Oh wow, Minato fans are gonna have a damn field day: A admitted Minato was better than him

I was always sure Minato was faster

`:shock::geek:`;)b:)b:oops::???:`:Pb:shock::cry:`: )):ugeek:`:Db;)`o.o"b@x)`~(b<3`:(b|(`@x)b!:)`<3b#(`|(bo.o"b:D`:oops:

Chiyome
06-02-2011, 07:55 PM
A seems to be acting irrationally. Doesn't he know that killing Naruto would mean the Kyuubi would manifest without a host and then Madara can control it? His idea to "buy time" is just prolonged suicide.

gama-sennin
06-02-2011, 09:32 PM
All in all an average chapter that built up in intensity until the flashback ruined everything. Unless there is something "really" important about that and Kishi decides to stay with it for at least one more chapter, the flashback will be the second most useless thingy after "kakashi on rampage".

About the Minato thingy, a couple of lines from chapter this should be enough to put Minato in higher tiers.

Namikaze_Naruto
06-02-2011, 10:07 PM

I believe the point being made was that those techniques are not Sasuke's, they are Itachi's. Had it not been for Itachi gifting him them, Sasuke wouldn't have lasted past his first attempt to strike out at them. So while Sasuke does have skill, it is not his skill that has allowed him to survive fights up to this point. It was Orochimaru's, and then Itachi's. I don't think it would be hard for many people to not lose with those people's advanced skills in their arsenal.

Sasuke is not at a Kage level or Naruto's at this point. Karin said that Sasuke was manipulating Amaterasu vs Raikage, which lead to him sacrificing his arm, simply because Sasuke with his superior eyes could not keep up with his speed. Naruto is now as fast as Raikage, and going to be faster once he masters Kyuubi mode (as Tenzou has pointed out he has not yet). Not to mention that I bet he will have no problem breaking through Susano'o as Raikage did using only his chakra arms, which will cause no physical damage to him.

I will give credit where it is due: Orochimaru and Itachi have saved Sasuke's hide more times than the amount of significant battles Sasuke has won on his own skill.

Mizukage
06-03-2011, 12:09 AM
I believe the point being made was that those techniques are not Sasuke's, they are Itachi's. Had it not been for Itachi gifting him them, Sasuke wouldn't have lasted past his first attempt to strike out at them. So while Sasuke does have skill, it is not his skill that has allowed him to survive fights up to this point. It was Orochimaru's, and then Itachi's. I don't think it would be hard for many people to not lose with those people's advanced skills in their arsenal.

Yeah, but the ninetails was given to Naruto by his dad. It has saved him almost every time he's fought, and so have other people, his parents, etc.

But I totally agree with everything you said. It's just that I think they both worked so hard, but to be as good as they are this young, it's basically impossible without some outside help.

Chiyome makes a great point.

And the discussion about Naruto's seal opening again is really interesting.

Naruto is obviously going to get the tail beast bomb and I smell Sasuke getting either a tailed beast under his control with Itachi's new eyes or even the other half of the kyubi since it has recently been repeated many times that naruto only has 1/2 the kyubi sealed inside him and no one mentions where the other 1/2 is currently. b:)

gama-sennin
06-03-2011, 04:50 AM
no one mentions where the other 1/2 is currently. b:)
Its in death God's tummy.

nightwolf613
06-03-2011, 07:29 AM
I really didn't like this chapter. I expected Naruto to knock Raikage on his ass but instead Bee had to save him? Clearly we saw Naruto wasn't interested in fighting the Raikage and wasting his strength so I can understand why he just wanted to pass. But unless Tsunade jumps in, Naruto is gonna have to fight back.

tsuki
06-03-2011, 07:45 AM
A seems to be acting irrationally. Doesn't he know that killing Naruto would mean the Kyuubi would manifest without a host and then Madara can control it? His idea to "buy time" is just prolonged suicide.

It would manifest without a host, but it would take a while. Thus "buying time" for the joint army.

Namikaze_Naruto
06-03-2011, 08:13 AM
Yeah, but the ninetails was given to Naruto by his dad. It has saved him almost every time he's fought, and so have other people, his parents, etc.

But I totally agree with everything you said. It's just that I think they both worked so hard, but to be as good as they are this young, it's basically impossible without some outside help.

Naruto is obviously going to get the tail beast bomb and I smell Sasuke getting either a tailed beast under his control with Itachi's new eyes or even the other half of the kyubi since it has recently been repeated many times that naruto only has 1/2 the kyubi sealed inside him and no one mentions where the other 1/2 is currently. b:)

I agree, didn't mean to imply Naruto didn't have help. It's just different types of help. Naruto having the Kyuubi has only given him additional chakra to up his physical skills (strength, speed, regeneration, etc), whereas Sasuke's help has been gaining superior Ninjutsu and Genjutsu that he would not have developed on his own. Naruto has only used Kyuubi when it times of desperation, whereas Sasuke relies on the abilities of others to stand a chance in battle. Naruto, without Kyuubi, would still be one of the strongest shinobi because of the skills he has developed on his own (Sage Mode, FRS, etc), whereas the same cannot be said about Sasuke. I don't mean to say he would be weak, but he would not be considered a superior ninja like Naruto would be.

I really didn't like this chapter. I expected Naruto to knock Raikage on his ass but instead Bee had to save him? Clearly we saw Naruto wasn't interested in fighting the Raikage and wasting his strength so I can understand why he just wanted to pass. But unless Tsunade jumps in, Naruto is gonna have to fight back.

Bee stepped in to stop either of them from attacking/hurting each other, not to save Naruto. If you don't want two people you care about to fight, you stop them. It's not about saving one or the other, but protecting both. Anyways, why would he need to save Naruto? Bee caught, with one partial Hachibi arm, Raikage's attack which was intended to kill. If he can do that with partial Hachibi, and Hachibi has said it cannot handle Naruto in Kyuubi mode (manga 534 pg 16. 8T: You can't let Naruto out of this room! Bee: Then I'm counting on you, 8T! 8T: Then God help us all...), then I would think Naruto would have no problem with handling Raikage once he started taking things seriously. Which he had just started doing.

UchiHa_AsH
06-03-2011, 09:05 AM
Exactly like Namikaze said. Naruto also had help. But thats with his strenght,durability,speed and vitality....

Where on the other hand sasuke was handed an arsenal o jutsus at his disposal. We all know naruto only went kyuubi mode if he lost his temper completely or he was near dying.

Whereas sasuke everytime he fought came marching in with all the powers he had. Thats why i don't give him as much credit as Naruto.

Sure he is a strong ninja. With his sword and lighting and fire. But when it comes to itachi's sharingan and before orochimaru and so on and so on then he loses my credability.

Thats all from my side..

Tobicookieeater
06-03-2011, 11:29 AM
The back flash is okay

Golden
06-03-2011, 01:21 PM
I liked the chapter...but the whole "not blood brothers" thing pissed me off, but I hope that they end up being blood brothers.

Also, what was Bee's name before, then?

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
06-03-2011, 01:33 PM
i thought it was pretty cool how naruto is up to speed with raikage...i would definitely like to see how they would fight

deidara330
06-03-2011, 03:46 PM
I still can't stress how A and Killerbee not being blood brothers doesn't really strain their relationship. The blood doesn't matter, they're brothers.

Regardless of that, based on the premise the flashback is going to last about two more chapters. The premise is: Why would Killerbee sacrifice his life for Naruto? We can logically assume it has to do with the fact they're both Jinchuriki, so we have to see A (possibly along with his father) sealing the Eight-Tails inside Killerbee, and how Killerbee, A, and the Third all reacted. As I've said before, Tailed Beasts were put in relatives of Kages to show the Kage's power, so it's more of a boost to the relationship between Killerbee and A. It means that, for all purposes, they were brothers, regardless of the fact that they weren't related.

There are also several possible things the flashback can add, including possible Killerbee/Motoi flashbacks from Killerbee's POV, Darui getting brought in to connect to present day (relating to how Darui became A's right arm), and the death of the Third Raikage. It can also explain why Killerbee gave himself the name Killerbee as opposed to B. As long as the flashback ties things together and presents it in a good way I don't mind it.

For instance, the fist bump that Killerbee does when he meets people makes a whole lot more sense. I don't know if it was explained before, but in this chapter Killerbee says he can read someone's mind by doing a fist bump with them. He does the same thing with Iruka and Naruto. The Double Lariat he gave Kisame earlier also has a lot more meaning now that we see how he developed the move with A. If the flashback keeps doing things like that, I don't care if it lasts a few more chapters. (I draw the line at three, though. Kishi's got a story to tell and keeping the flashback any longer than three chapters distracts from the action of the present events. And that's assuming it cuts back to the present at the middle or end of the third chapter.)

kalmeast
06-04-2011, 07:48 PM
kishi is a god of unpredictability.... i just love how he made naruto kinda lose against Raikage. That was an excelling idea. At least he didn't go "Bleach" on us. i didn't see it coming. This still makes Raikage being in command of the entire army not laughable. if he got his a** handed to him by naruto at this point would be pointless. there are more important enemies for naruto to overwhelm with his powers not an ally.

Btw, what the heck was naruto thinking. He was about to go Kage Bushin when Bee threw Samehada infront of him...Kage Bushin? why Naruto?

Vivi
06-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Btw, what the heck was naruto thinking. He was about to go Kage Bushin when Bee threw Samehada infront of him...Kage Bushin? why Naruto?

As a Negima Fan I know what Clones can do with terrific Speed.
Imagine Naruto in RM with Clone Spam.

Reminds me of Negi Springfield with his 1000 Speed of Lightning Clone Barrage.

Wind Style Naruto
06-04-2011, 09:14 PM
kishi is a god of unpredictability.... i just love how he made naruto kinda lose against Raikage. That was an excelling idea. At least he didn't go "Bleach" on us. i didn't see it coming. This still makes Raikage being in command of the entire army not laughable. if he got his a** handed to him by naruto at this point would be pointless. there are more important enemies for naruto to overwhelm with his powers not an ally.

If Kishi is one thing he is a master of symbolism.

If this chapter proved one thing that almost everything in Naruto is symbolic even a fist bump and a taijutsu technique.

Jutsu Junkie
06-05-2011, 09:34 PM
I still can't stress how A and Killerbee not being blood brothers doesn't really strain their relationship. The blood doesn't matter, they're brothers.

Actually, I would argue that this makes slaying Bee less painful -- and makes A look less ruthless (but still brutal). It definitely matters. As a matter of world-building it matters because it tells us there's significant and powerful black population in the Cloud Village. People could have assumed that the few we saw were flukes or tokens, but that seems increasingly unlikely. I don't expect everyone to care about that, but it adds a certain flavor to the story, keeps it from being homogeneous. I like variety. It also matters because they weren't raised together from birth, which changes the nature of their relationship. It also shows that meritocracy is essentially universal in the ninja world, and blood only matters in so far as it confers natural talent/power. This further highlights the tragedy of the Uchiha-Senju rivalry, since it's essentially a blood feud.

@Vivi
Bee said that Naruto using clones while in his cloak would be a disaster. Although it hasn't been shown actually draining Naruto, so there is space for this to not apply to him specifically. But Bee's the best judge of jinchuuriki capabilities in the ninja world. I admit this sets up Naruto for another godmode powerup.
--------------------
THE GOOD: The cell where Naruto charges A ... +1 art. Learning that Bee can stop A's punch cold. Learning that Minato was better than A.

THE BAD: While the flashback at least told us something new, flashbacks should come before or after critical present-time action. I still don't like them to begin with, and all that info could have been introduced without it. Writers do that all the time. But at least it wasn't a flashback to young Naruto -- so sick of that crap.

THE UGLY: If Naruto can't bypass A completely, his chances against Madara -- or even the undead kages -- are logically slim. But we all know that won't ultimately be a problem...

Wooster
06-06-2011, 06:18 AM

Regardless of that, based on the premise the flashback is going to last about two more chapters. The premise is: Why would Killerbee sacrifice his life for Naruto? We can logically assume it has to do with the fact they're both Jinchuriki, so we have to see A (possibly along with his father) sealing the Eight-Tails inside Killerbee, and how Killerbee, A, and the Third all reacted. As I've said before, Tailed Beasts were put in relatives of Kages to show the Kage's power, so it's more of a boost to the relationship between Killerbee and A. It means that, for all purposes, they were brothers, regardless of the fact that they weren't related.

There are also several possible things the flashback can add, including possible Killerbee/Motoi flashbacks from Killerbee's POV, Darui getting brought in to connect to present day (relating to how Darui became A's right arm), and the death of the Third Raikage. It can also explain why Killerbee gave himself the name Killerbee as opposed to B. As long as the flashback ties things together and presents it in a good way I don't mind it.

For instance, the fist bump that Killerbee does when he meets people makes a whole lot more sense. I don't know if it was explained before, but in this chapter Killerbee says he can read someone's mind by doing a fist bump with them. He does the same thing with Iruka and Naruto. The Double Lariat he gave Kisame earlier also has a lot more meaning now that we see how he developed the move with A. If the flashback keeps doing things like that, I don't care if it lasts a few more chapters. (I draw the line at three, though. Kishi's got a story to tell and keeping the flashback any longer than three chapters distracts from the action of the present events. And that's assuming it cuts back to the present at the middle or end of the third chapter.)
Yes, it doesn't really matter. Same thing with Sai and his brother and Naruto and Sasuke. It does explain the large age difference between A and Bee. Or maybe A was just a REALLY big boy. In fact, in makes more sense. Who names their kids A and B? :|

Killerbee is a very selfish person. I doubt he would sacrifice himself. Kick snot out of the Raikage to let Naruto escape, yes.

I doubt the flashback will last two more chapters. We have already seen many Bee flashbacks. What else is there to say? Half a chapter at most. The good thing about Kishi is that he doesn't do chapter after chapter of the same flashback sequence. He just likes to give us mountains of flashbacks of material we just saw three chapters ago. -_-

Again we saw all those tings. We won't see them again.

Fist bump was pretty much explained when Naruto did it with KB. It is cool that the Double Lariat has more meaning now. These are good things to explain. Short flashbacks that don't introduce things like Karin in the chunin exams I can live with.

Yin-yang release sannin
06-06-2011, 06:26 AM
Don't you just love A and pity Naruto, thank you kyuubi chakra for nothing,So Naruto needs more training, why kishi, why? What's so special about the raikage. He made naruto's new abilities look weak, after controlling the kyuubi,still not at a hokage level,Give Naruto a break.

Vornmusion
06-06-2011, 06:33 AM
Just because things are said and things appear to be, does not mean they actually are.

Wooster
06-06-2011, 06:42 AM
Even if they are, you can also depend on Kishi to power level everyone up every fifty chapters or so. :roll:

Vivi
06-06-2011, 06:48 AM
@Vivi
Bee said that Naruto using clones while in his cloak would be a disaster. Although it hasn't been shown actually draining Naruto, so there is space for this to not apply to him specifically. But Bee's the best judge of jinchuuriki capabilities in the ninja world. I admit this sets up Naruto for another godmode powerup.

Godmode Powerup = RM Clone spam.
Count on it.
It'd be like this:
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/1/11250/254678-clones_2_super.jpg

And Naruto is the Main Character.What Bee said is irrelevant.
Typical MC behaviour to overcome the odds that stop him from achieving his Goals.

It's like FTG in Clone Version.

Jutsu Junkie
06-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Yes, it doesn't really matter...

I think it does matter, for the reasons I stated. It's not just about A and Bee; it tells you something about the world they live in that wasn't necessarily established before.

Godmode Powerup = RM Clone spam.
Count on it.
It'd be like this:
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/1/11250/254678-clones_2_super.jpg

And Naruto is the Main Character.What Bee said is irrelevant.
Typical MC behaviour to overcome the odds that stop him from achieving his Goals.

It's like FTG in Clone Version.

Well, I did cop to that. Just like he's likely to overcome A in some way. Just makes the idea that he'll beat Mr. There-Not-There Uchiha laughable, even though it will happen anyway...

Shooting Star
06-07-2011, 01:22 PM

Flashbacks are important because they help us understand the present and give us an insight to the future.

Except, Naruto flashbacks which are extensive, pointless and boring.

Wind Style Naruto
06-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Flashbacks are important because they help us understand the present and give us an insight to the future.

Except, Naruto flashbacks which are extensive, pointless and boring.

Well not really only like the previous flashback was pointless or boring.

I mean not all Naruto flashback were like the one about Naruto's birth...well that was extensive. Most Naruto flashbacks are brief and last only like a chapter or less.

RINNEMAN1
06-07-2011, 08:00 PM
A is just the next soul Naruto changes.

Sasuke Uchiha("Eternal")
06-07-2011, 11:14 PM
It all comes down really. Sasuke could have easily kicked Naruto into the river making him drown or stabbed him with a kunai(Lol). But instead, he did not want to follow Itachi's ways. He could have gotten the Mangekyou without Itachi that way. Naruto born and injected with the Kyuubi, with out it, he could have died many times, as to the curse mark, Sasuke barely used it. In the movie, he could have jumped. Against Orochimaru, he didn't need the curse mark(the thing that really destroyed Orochimaru's dimension was Sasuke's gen-jutsu). Jugo, he would have came up for something to block him. Deidara, he did kind of need it to glide, but not really since one wing was cut off. And with Itachi, he didn't need it for anything(Except that 8 Headed Serpant Jutsu, but Orochimaru made him do it), and Itachi had to let Sasuke win.