PDA

View Full Version : Kishimoto loves skittles

Santisimo
05-30-2011, 07:50 PM
In the original manga, Kishimoto had said that the color of every user's chakra varied.

ex. Naruto's chakra is yellow in the manga.

However, the anime team decided that all chakra generated from the user would initially be blue, and only foreign or special chakra would have color. Do you believe that this change has removed individuality and uniqueness of the characters to a certain degree? I'm also interested in knowing what determined the color of a users chakra and why Naruto's would be yellow. One idea I have is that the color of chakra reflect on the user's spirit, as those who are kinder and more benevolent will receive brighter or light colors, as those who are hateful and evil will have benevolent, dark, cold colors.

Compare and contrast the choices of the anime and the manga and converse about things such as possible explanations, what color you think this or that character's chakra would be, or even talk about what color would reflect on you the most.

Discuss~

Santisimo
05-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Oh sure, when I make threads about rippling men in thongs, big breasts, and dragon dildos, EVERYBODY runs to them and pull out 6+ pages in 20 minutes.

But when I make a thread that requires intelligent discussion and thought out post, no one wants a part of it.

You people disgust me.

Santisimo
05-30-2011, 08:54 PM
ITT: Santisimo talks to himself.

Inofanboy
05-30-2011, 09:15 PM
interesting

OnyxBlossom
05-30-2011, 09:26 PM
One idea I have is that the color of chakra reflect on the user's spirit, as those who are kinder and more benevolent will receive brighter or light colors, as those who are hateful and evil will have benevolent, dark, cold colors.
That's basically all I could think of. But since Naruto seems like the brightest in the crayon box, it makes sense his would be yellow.

I think they gave us SOME hints of characters' chakra being colors of their personalities: Kyuubi's being red and Sasuke's CM being purple/black for his Chidori. Unless they did it just to make it pretty. Though I think not giving characters their original color Kishi intended defeats the purpose of everyone being unique, though in the manga we can never tell, since it's never in color. xD

So far the only thing I can think of is each element having a certain color (Ex. Wind-Green, Lightning-Yellow, Water-Teal or the same blue, Earth-Brown) and having it a certain shade that shows the user's overall personality.

Santisimo
05-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Naruto is wind, but Kishi himself said that his chakra was yellow. So I don't think it has anything to do with the elements.

OnyxBlossom
05-30-2011, 09:34 PM
That's not what I meant. xD

I was only suggesting that maybe the elements would have that color if they had decided to actually follow what Kishi wanted. But I guess what you said blows that thought out.

Santisimo
05-30-2011, 09:44 PM
I really don't know how to explain it. I suppose it's something you can't choose, much like the color of your eyes or hair.

OnyxBlossom
05-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I guess. I think it'd be pretty interesting to find out what their colors would have been, but looks like we'll never know...unless the animators pull something out of their asses and randomly do it.

9naruto
05-30-2011, 10:03 PM
The reason the animators didn't do it is how many characters are there? How many colors are there? How many colors look too much alike? ect.

sharingangirl
05-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Oh sure, when I make threads about rippling men in thongs, big breasts, and dragon dildos, EVERYBODY runs to them and pull out 6+ pages in 20 minutes.

But when I make a thread that requires intelligent discussion and thought out post, no one wants a part of it.

You people disgust me.
lol It's because of the name...I didn't think it was serious.

I think it may be a reflexion of their heart. hate= cold and dark colors, love= warm and bright colors.
But why is the Kyuubi's red then....
I think that some are just born special...like naruto's being yellow...and maybe sasuke has always been dark, being an Uchiha. Did they show his chakra before cursed seal? idk... But that's my theory...

Santisimo
05-30-2011, 10:17 PM
I believe Kishimoto said Sasuke's standard chakra color was blue and Sakura's was pink. I'm not sure if he mentioned anyone else or not, as my memory is a bit fuzzy.

It's not just the Kyuubi who is red, all Jinchuuriki chakra is red.

Wooster
12-03-2012, 12:14 PM

You people disgust me.
Those threads were so good. D=

LilHinataGirl
12-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Interesting theory bro ... :)

Saiyan
12-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Maybe it's based on hair color