PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Test groupsand leaders?

Toma RNK
04-13-2009, 04:31 PM
I noticed some test groups and some people signing up. I signed up for one and was wondering who was leading each group or if it was still a mod only thing.

EDIT: I also notice some members have different colors next to their names but they don't appear to be members of the group. Neither the group page nor the users profiles list that membership.

SRhyse
04-13-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm fiddling around with the groups to see if we can do a 'village affiliation' system on the site.

As in you could join Leaf Village, Myst Village, etc.

The username color is the primary indication that a user's in a group, atleast as I'm testing it. Right now, the group isn't listed in the profile, which is something I think I might easily be able to do.

The main problems I've been having so far are-

-Users can join any number of groups/villages at once, which defeats the purpose.

-The village/group they join isn't automatically made their 'default' group, which is what's required to change the color of their username. They can easily make it their default group on their own, but 99% of users will never figure it out, from my experience.

Any ideas?

Toma RNK
04-13-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm fiddling around with the groups to see if we can do a 'village affiliation' system on the site.

The username color is the primary indication that a user's in a group, atleast as I'm testing it. Right now, the group isn't listed in the profile, which is something I think I might easily be able to do.

-Users can join any number of groups/villages at once, which defeats the purpose.

-The village/group they join isn't automatically made their 'default' group, which is what's required to change the color of their username.

Any ideas?

Group leaders are needed to approve. This might mean making non-mods group leaders.

There is no built in setting for making default groups. It requires either someone going through users in the ACP or users manually. I just built a simple mod and am trying it on my forums.

If user leaders were i charge then people they would be responsible formaking a user "resign" one group before approving them for another. That is how one of my forums work.

It would require a group of reliable users to at least one taking care of each group, with mods helping. This would of course mean mods could step in to promote active members or demote lazy leaders. It could work but requires putting group control into users hands. Ill do more digging and report back here.

SRhyse
04-13-2009, 04:52 PM

-The village/group they join isn't automatically made their 'default' group, which is what's required to change the color of their username.

Any ideas?

Group leaders are needed to approve. This might mean making non-mods group leaders.

There is no built in setting for making default groups. It requires either someone going through users in the ACP or users manually. I just built a simple mod and am trying it on my forums.

If user leaders were i charge then people they would be responsible formaking a user "resign" one group before approving them for another. That is how one of my forums work.

It would require a group of reliable users to at least one taking care of each group, with mods helping. This would of course mean mods could step in to promote active members or demote lazy leaders. It could work but requires putting group control into users hands. Ill do more digging and report back here.
Big thanks!

My hands are more tied up with modding than I'd like at times ;).