PDA

View Full Version : First Time you ever watched Naruto

Jose
04-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Why? When? Where? How?

For me it was like long time ago when DBZ GT was on cartoonetwork. I saw naruto fighting neji and I was like this show is epic. :D

What about you guys?

Pain-Konan
04-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Wow, I can't remember why.:pBut it was back when it was on Toonami, and was just starting out. I pretty much watched whatever was on Cartoon Network back then, especially if it was on Toonami. Later on, watched every episode every Saturday up until it got cancelled. Then I kept watching until finally it got cancelled. I still have the last Cartoon Network broadcast on a homemade DVD (Yes!).

If it wasn't for Toonami airing the original series, I'm not sure if I even would be the Naruto fan I am today.

Jose
04-06-2011, 10:48 PM
There we go I watched in when it was on Toonami, I watched every episode even like 100 fillers before it got to the end.

NBT
04-06-2011, 11:25 PM
When it first aired on Toonami.

Poko-chan
04-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Isnt there already a thread like this one? O.o
Here: http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28143

Rasengan SageX5
04-08-2011, 07:11 AM
I started watching it when it was on Toonami. I followed it from the beginning, even though the first arc, like a lot of anime, was a little slow. I watched it all the way until the took it off(with like 10 episodes left of filler, which was really annoying.)

TurtleHermit
04-08-2011, 10:11 AM
I honestly didn't start watching the show until recently...just a couple of years. My friend was a avid fan and the only anime I liked was DBZ. So wanting to know what my friend was so interested in, I tried watching the first couple of episodes online wherever I could find it and was instantly hooked.

DSX
04-08-2011, 10:21 AM
I don't know why but, when i first saw Naruto on CN when it first started airing, i didn't get into it. About 2 years later (2007) for what ever reason i fell in love with it. Back then i guess Sasuke was my favorite character for some unknown reason. After i saw the series start to finish and played more of the games like "Rise of a ninja" my favorite character went from Sasuke to Naruto. I saw myself in Naruto i saw why he would go so far to save sasuke i had a similar childhood. I could understand Naruto because i know what loneliness feels like. So yeah...that's pretty much my experience :P

Shikamaru Nara
04-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Just flipping through channels.

Setsuna Yusei
04-09-2011, 08:04 AM
In 2007 I believe. Whenever UN1 came out. My cousin told me about it and I've been watching sense then.

Devroux
04-09-2011, 08:55 AM
I saw a preview on Cartoon Network for it and decided to watch. I liked it and it jump started my anime fan-ism.

manko uchiuga
04-14-2011, 10:57 PM
ive watching since cn annoced it was comeing on i also remeber watch narutos year eve where the showed 14 hours worth of naruto on news years eve

shawnvess
04-27-2011, 02:26 PM
The first time I watched Naruto was back in 06 when they had Jetstream on CN, Gaara's smile freaked me out!`:shock:

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
09-21-2011, 08:01 PM
when it was on toonami. i forgot if it was before or after one piece. around 9pm...
i started liking it alot during kakashi's bell test and the fight with zabuza
kakashi is awesome!!

Sai's brother
09-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Why? When? Where? How?

For me it was like long time ago when DBZ GT was on cartoonetwork. I saw naruto fighting neji and I was like this show is epic. :D

What about you guys?
Cause,When it came on for the 1st time on cartoon network, on the TV, By not changing the channel

Noctis Arashi
09-21-2011, 08:06 PM
When it first showed on Cartoon Network because it looked pretty good.

I also got Pokemon Ruby that day and got grounded.

Ino's Girl
09-21-2011, 08:07 PM
In 2005, I was in Texas cuz of Hurricane Katrina. The hotel I was staying at barely had any channels, so I left it at that xD It was the episode where Naruto and Sasuke fight Haku

Ichirou_Okami
09-25-2011, 08:41 AM
The first time I watched Naruto was in '07, seemingly like everyone else here, during the chuunin exam arc. I remember because my friend and I were watching Naruto get his butt handed to him by Kiba, and Naruto was about to make a comeback when the TV connection broke. After that I watched on and off for a year, then stopped. I fell in love with the series again when I saw vol. 1 at a bookstore.

Hidan1
09-26-2011, 06:19 AM
first i saw Naruto in magazine about manga and anime.
From the first time i saw it I wanted to watched it and read it.
That was many years ago.
Naruto is the best manga and Masashi Kishimoto is one of the best drawer I ever saw.

Maruko
09-27-2011, 01:57 PM
My friend was so crazy about Naruto 3 years ago so i had to see what it was all about.
And i am still reading/watching.

Hidan1
09-29-2011, 08:20 AM
Naruto is the best!!!

ShadowSewing
10-01-2011, 09:37 AM
A few friends started reading it, I started reading and watching.

Hidan1
10-01-2011, 12:06 PM
I will read/watch Naruto to the end of my life.

Sharingan19
10-05-2011, 01:11 PM
I started to watch it in 2008 and the first thing I can remember is the Zabuza/Haku vs Naruto/Kakashi/Sasuke fight on the bridge, and it was awesome. I especially remember the music, it's legendary. Sadness and Sorrow :D

Hidan1
10-07-2011, 07:50 AM
yes.
Sadness and Sorrow is absolutley awesome!!!
Im trying to play this on my guitar but its hard to me.

Sharingan19
10-08-2011, 07:32 AM
I want to buy a piano just so I can play it on that `:P

-raven-
10-08-2011, 08:31 AM
I dont rember but my Reaction was just.
This is amazing

Hidan1
11-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Im trying to play this on my guitar, but its really hard to me.

Minatolufy
11-06-2011, 11:36 PM
I started to watch naruto anime because of my cousin.
She likes it very much. And when I went to her house one day, I saw she's addicted to her naruto anime. So I went to see Naruto together. But from then on, I also fell in love with this cool anime. :cool:
It has been about 3 years since my first time watching Naruto anime. I love this story and the characters. They are funny and their justu are soooo cooool!:D
Though there are some fillers or memory episodes that I feel boring, yet their main line is so wonderful. Hope Sasuke could put down his hatred and return to be konoha's ninja at the end.:(

joon
12-02-2011, 08:30 PM
when it first came on cartoon network.

D 2008
12-02-2011, 08:54 PM
I started to watch Naruto a few years ago on Cartoon Network. It was at the start of the chunin exam. I fell in love with it since that first episode.

XxSharinganxX
12-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Was watching cartoon network and saw the commercial, thought it was epic and never missed an episode since

LilHinataGirl
12-13-2011, 01:17 PM
I started watching Naruto when they were having an all day marathon for a week... which was when I was I think maybe 8 or 9 years old(Now 15)... I only began watching it cause it was on and than the story started to stick to me and that's how I fell in love with Hinata (:

Rikudo Sage
12-13-2011, 02:04 PM
It was when Lee vs Gaara at genin exam... I was amazed back then and sometimes I still watch that episode.. Its one of the best episode in Naruto..

Best anime in my list

1. DBZ
2. Naruto

:D

k-hatake
12-15-2011, 08:15 PM
The first time I ever watched Naruto was with my friend (InuzukaClan12). I thought Naruto was such a little perv... Which he kind of was... But he was a funny perv!
And when Iruka... Ah, I was like, "OMG! Did that creep just... Wow. He did. What was Iruka thinking? Why not just jump and shove Naruto out of the way to save you both instead of just staying there?" ah, well. All characters of something all act kind of dumb sometime or another. (except Kakashi. heh heh heh...)

Otaku_Nariko-chan
12-15-2011, 08:49 PM
i was channel surfing and i saw naruto. immediately i was hooked.. i was about 8 yrs old..naruto was the first anime i really liked, this lead me to other animes and thus i became an otaku i love naruto. but even a true fan like me hates fillers

Xtalpb
12-31-2011, 07:21 PM
I caught the third movie on tv when i was a my grandma's house. I thought the fights were epicsauce, so i started watching the actual series.

Pinks17
01-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Toonami! Man when Anime was actually something to CN.
Now there is nothing good to watch new anime's or anything

RasenganMaster21
07-25-2012, 09:40 AM
I started watching when my neighbor came over and watched an episode in the forest of death. After that i got obsessed with it.

SidetheMizukage
07-25-2012, 09:27 PM
I was living with my parents in new jersey and my brother is a huge Manga/Anime fan. I was never really all that into it. That being said he sat me down and told me to watch two shows. Full Metal Alchemist and Naruto. I fell in love ^^

KyuubiAkatsuki
07-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Don't really remember when, but it was maybe around 5 or 6 years ago. I was watching Cartoon Network and I saw a part of an episode (the one where Sasuke is looking for Naruto because the Itachi and Kisame are looking for him) and then some time later I saw another segment (where Rock Lee is fighting Gaara in the preliminaries) and a couple of my friends were telling me to watch the show, but I never really got into it until I watched those parts. After that I caught up with where it currently was and followed it until the last episodes that were aired. After that I would watch it on Disney XD when they had it on but I didn't follow it as much because I already started getting farther in the manga.

Black King
07-26-2012, 12:02 AM
Like eight or nine years ago. I was a little nerd for Billy and Mandy. After that went off, Naruto came on. I thought "What is this crap?".....my tune changed thirty minutes later. xD It was ep. 29 Naruto's Counterattack..something something. Oro did the five pronged seal, Sakura screamed Naruto's name, then Sasuke's name, then back to Naruto's, then both of their names (thats all she accomplished), and Sasuke was wimping out.

I miss Naruto-Years-Eve.

Uchiha Efair
07-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Random tv channels then I saw different ninja background cartoon that seem interesting. I saw a guy look so cool, with blue dress and nice hairstyle which is Sasuke entering genin hall exam together with not so cool Naruto and charming girl Sakura.

Stormy
07-26-2012, 08:32 AM
It was a few years ago and I was bored on a Friday night so cartoon network had toonami on and there was Naruto! It was the episode starting he first round of the chunin exams. It was awesome! And that is how I became hooked :P

HaloXDA
08-02-2012, 06:21 PM
It had to be when I was in 5th grade, me and my friends had a fanclub at recess.

Arum
09-10-2012, 05:21 PM
I believe I first saw it come on Cartoon Network while flipping channels. It was the scene with the fight between Shino and Kankuro. But I totally wasn't into it at first. It took some convincing from my best friend at the time to continue watching it. xD

That was I think in 2008~

Bacon
09-10-2012, 05:56 PM
2005, the trailer on cn made it sound badass

Uchiha Sora
09-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Same, but I thought it was stupid as hell

Then I saw Sexy jutsu. As a kid, seeing a girl with no clothes was pretty crazy :lol:
I still didin't like the show in general, but I watched it in hopes of seeing sexy jutsu :lol: I eventually came to love Naruto

Wadda lil perv i was back in the day

guitargirlsings
09-11-2012, 03:35 PM
I was just a 5th grader, and it was a three-day straight naruto marathon over a weekend on...Cartoon Network? Tsunami? Something like that, but I started watching it during the prelims of the Chunin exams, and I fell completely and totally in love with it. I had never seen anything like it at that point in my life, you could say it was my first ever anime/manga addiction XD

narutogirl13
09-16-2012, 02:44 PM
On Toonami, when I was 8 or 9.

Bradley
09-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Can't remember exactly when, probably when the English dub started airing on Cartoon Network. I distinctly remember an commercial for an episode with Sakura protecting Naruto and Sasuke when they were unconscious in the Forest of Death. When I actually became interested in Naruto, I didn't really watch it on Cartoon Network; I watched episodes on Toonami Jetstream and Youtube. I was 12 or 13 at the time.

AliceUchiha
10-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Years and years ago, I'm actually not remembering how I managed to see the anime because I'm pretty sure it was before it was on CN.

Mangetsu Hozuki
10-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Toonami. Oooooh, yes.

Well, before I remember being a fan of the show, I had a friend - who's babysitter used to watch Naruto. And we used to talk, and talk, and talk, and talk. That was, like, before I knew who Orochimaru was. o.O

Saiyan
10-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Premiere of the English Dub on Cartoon Network, (I'm pretty sure it was on the Toonami segment back then though)

I don't know how far that goes back but it has to be years.

I watched every episode they showed since then up to the marathon they had like in either Christmas or New Years that same year that began with the first episode and ended with the end of the Zabuza story.

Then I got impatient with how often they released a new episode so I started reading the manga, which was the first manga I ever started reading online back on ;);););););););) I was very surprised to see how far ahead the manga was compared to the english dub, I remember doing alot of reading back then, could've been like 80 chapters ahead or something huge.

THE susanoo
10-18-2012, 03:32 AM
it was on fox kids (good times) and i was flicking through channels and the episode where mizuki attacked iruka, then the next episode i watched was the chunniun exam and thats when i started reading ti

gaara lover 24
10-18-2012, 08:40 AM
i saw naruto like 3 years ago for da first time on cartoon network when i waz in my cousin'z house..i first saw da episode of gaara vs lee in da chunin exam nd i fell in love with gaarab:oops:..then i started watchin then on da internet

XxSharinganxX
10-20-2012, 06:36 PM
I saw a commercial for it on cartoon network, watched the first episode and was hooked instantly

Swepiz
10-20-2012, 06:50 PM
Recently, like half a year ago, i fell in love directly and still love the anime.

The Powerup
11-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Toonami Saw Sasuke vs Gaara Sadly toonami is gone it would have been showing shippuden although it sucks in dubbed

NINE-TAILS-BIJU
11-25-2012, 11:34 AM
i started waching it since i was 8 years old then i got addicted to it

LilHinataGirl
11-25-2012, 11:51 AM
My uncle got me into anime that's the how
Why cause I liked Hinata when I saw her
When? Oh that marathon thing that was happening when I was 8 or 9 on cartoonnetwork( about 7 to 8 years ago)
Where ? Oh I was spending the summer with my grandmas house haha ...

Dragon Style
11-25-2012, 08:43 PM
I had lost my cable for a long time and went over my cousins house who had it, I decided to watch cartoonnetwork and Naruto just so happened to be on and I loved it.

It was when they fought Zabuza the second time on the bridge, but the show never really caught my attention until one day it just so happened to be on and I saw when Gaara killed those ninja in the forest of death.

Based God
12-15-2012, 11:41 PM
I remember when I was younger and the dub first came out, I think it was on cartoon network if I remember correctly. I remember I watched like the first few episodes and then just stopped watching it for some reason. I mean, at that time I was kind of into reading Manga and what not, so I was considerably farther ahead in the story.

I only started watching it again fairly recently after all these years, and figured I would check out online to answer some questions I had about certain things relating to the show and found this forum.

Cupcake
12-16-2012, 12:08 AM
O: My bff showed me an episode when we were in fourth grade. It was on Cartoon Network, I believe!

Stormy_Uchiha
12-16-2012, 12:09 AM
The first time i watched Naruto i was like 17 i think. My friend showed it to me and I instantly fell in love :]

Noctis Arashi
12-16-2012, 12:11 AM
I remember it like it was yesterday.... I caught my step-dad smoking outside, so I waited until my Mom came home and told on him. I got in a ton of trouble and was confined to my room. It was a good night though because my Mom came home with Pokemon Ruby and Naruto premiered on Cartoon Network.

Cupcake
12-16-2012, 12:12 AM
JAY! I'm online! Look! Also, that's a cute story. You sound like an old fart.

Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
12-16-2012, 12:17 AM
toonami

And waiting for naruto to start on Toonami now
Kakashi~

Noctis Arashi
12-16-2012, 12:17 AM
*grumbles* *shakes cane*

Fullmetal Anarchy
12-22-2012, 01:48 PM
I first watched it on Toonami.
I believe the first episode I watched was called: ''The Number One Hyperactive, Knucklehead Ninja Joins the Fight!''. It scared the living daylights outta me(I was 8).

PrinceofPeace
12-22-2012, 01:49 PM
I hated their voices and it went too fast

ino>sakura!
12-22-2012, 02:59 PM
my brothers watched it i thought it was stupid but they made me watch it and same with dragonballz avator and pokemon Now i love all of them (I LOVE NARUTO)

ino>sakura!
12-22-2012, 03:06 PM
my older brothers were in love with naruto and so was i. we even played forest of death in the back yard but that was when they were twelve now there 18 and two cool for that:cool::cool::cool::cool: now i'm 11 and i'm to cool for that

Akatsuki_Fighter
12-22-2012, 04:15 PM
I remember Cartoon Network advertising Naruto with trailers, and I was pretty interested. Until then I had seen Pokemon and Yugioh, and had "grown out of" Pokemon (just didn't interest me as much). I used to go on the Cartoon Network website back then too, and I found a video clip of Kakashi vs Sasuke from episode 5. I then made it a priority to see it premiere on CN. Naruto was the show that started my anime-watching career.

As a bonus, I was stoked when I heard it was coming out on DVD and it was the first time I had heard of uncut box-sets. After looking up why it was called "uncut," I discovered that CN had edited some episodes, sometimes taking out minutes of footage (Haku's death, anyone?), and I immediately decided if I was gonna watch Naruto, I was gonna do it right. I have ever since bought the uncut DVDs.

Souret
12-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Nick made me. Probably just under a year ago on my laptop :)

kissme
01-12-2013, 04:47 AM
I was interested when I saw Naruto the time when he's young...now that he is a true ninja, my love of Naruto won't fade..

NaraAkimichi
03-14-2013, 10:46 AM
This is something I remember really clearly, actually.

Why?
My best friends started watching it after their dad told them about it, because he read the manga. They wanted to show it to me.

When?
It was 6 years ago (2007) when I was in the 2nd grade.

Where?
In my room.

How?
The episode where Sasuke and Gaara was playing on Cartoon Network, so that's the first one I've ever watched. My friends introduced it to me and I loved it! It's been my favorite show since.

Sintenigious
01-19-2014, 07:36 AM
Was watching foxtel a long long time ago and then the chunin exam preliminary between gaara and lee came in, I like it so I started watchibg it fron the start, dont think shippuden was made yet

GasaiYuno
01-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Only started last year, when road to ninja was finally subbed. i then fell in love with the ninja world.

C.Kisno
01-19-2014, 12:38 PM
My friend was obsessed with the show so one day she sat me down and forced me to watch the first ten episodes. Ever scince then i've been hooked.