PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Choji's courage

RSAHinataSpringbokF1
04-06-2011, 06:47 PM
There was courage in the new chapter. Choji managed to some it when he faced his sensei Asuma. This isn't the first time Choji had the courage to fight. He fought Jirobo in the first Sasuke search and nearly died. With that power in the new chapter, we can Choji would die for real because of his power. Like his courage?

Hyuuga Heir
04-06-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm thinking because he was able to bring forth his power by himself, rather than forcing it out with food pills, the back-lash won't be as severe.

Jose
04-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Not courage, more like finally growing a pair.

And as Asuma said its Confidence.

Phariah824
04-07-2011, 03:50 AM
I'm thinking because he was able to bring forth his power by himself, rather than forcing it out with food pills, the back-lash won't be as severe.agreed. the artificial stimulation is what did him in before. his father says not to worry. so i would say the backlash won't be as bad also.

RSAHinataSpringbokF1
04-08-2011, 06:24 PM
To me, I think Choji grew with a lot of courage when he fought his late sensei Asuma in the new chapter. Fans thought Choji was useless because of his girth. Technically, he managed to show his butterfly wings without the food pills. We don't know if Choji would die because of his powers. However, I can say is Choji had a lot of courage.

Shikamaru Nara
04-09-2011, 07:48 AM
I thought it was alright. I saw it coming.

Jakropha
04-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Meh, when I was 10 I liked choji

Now that he's all fodder now...

Well, I cant say since all my favorite characters are either being treated like trash or killed off in same lame way

(Kisame for instance)

Twilit Lion (Leo)
04-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Eh, it was an okay chapter I guess.

jesse uzumaki
04-09-2011, 09:53 AM
idk I even in butterfly mode choji is too fodder for me. he only good in butterfly mode. if I see more abilities other than super massive strength then i start too like him.

SageKyuubi
04-09-2011, 10:07 AM
We all knew this fight would happen, i just wish it was a littlle less dramatic and more action, yea i know they're fighting their dead sensei but come on at least make it a quick fight lol i liked it but could been a little better

Vivi
04-09-2011, 10:43 AM
idk I even in butterfly mode choji is too fodder for me. he only good in butterfly mode. if I see more abilities other than super massive strength then i start too like him.

How about turning s Big as a Boss Summon against Jirobo?
How about Butterfly Chouji blitzing Jirobo in CS2 who in base was fast enough that Neji's Byakugan couldn't track him?
Taking Punches from Jirobo who's strength is at least on Par with Sakura's Cherry Blossom Impact without Butterfly Mode.

Butterfly Mode is the real deal.
Battle against Jirobo showed that.

Especially in Power that is comparable to SM Naruto.Maybe even Tsunade's.

Chouji lacks on thing only one and that is serious Speed.
His Power is easily Top Tier in Naruto.
Durability is nice as well.
Mega Expansion Boss sized Chouji with such Power?
Imagine him doing his Human Boulder like that.

Chouji is the farthest thing from Fodder but a Threat to everyone if he manages to hit.

Anyway:
Chouji wouldn't die from Butterfly Mode anymore as it was the Chilli Pill that caused him harm not the Power.

Jakropha
04-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Chouji wouldn't die from Butterfly Mode anymore as it was the Chilli Pill that caused him harm not the Power.

Question for the experts

Did anybody ever near the Sasuke Retrieval arc ever mention that Butterfly mode was a technique that could be used without the pill, just that the pill helps pull it out?

Cause the whole Butterfly thing out of the blue seemed a bit like, should I say it
PNJ...

Unless, Kishi thought back far enough and decided to make it a riskless technique, and that he wouldnt need pills in the future.

Cause I cant remember if there was ever mention of it :|

Vivi
04-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Question for the experts

Did anybody ever near the Sasuke Retrieval arc ever mention that Butterfly mode was a technique that could be used without the pill, just that the pill helps pull it out?

Cause the whole Butterfly thing out of the blue seemed a bit like, should I say it
PNJ...

Unless, Kishi thought back far enough and decided to make it a riskless technique, and that he wouldnt need pills in the future.

Cause I cant remember if there was ever mention of it :|

It is possible without Pills.
534 Chouza said Pills just make it easier.

And of course it was PNJ.With Butterfly Mode without Pills Kishi has his Plans:
Surpassing their Mentors.Chouji will be the next head of the Akimichi's.
Also it was a symbolization of his determination.
As well as one to show Chouji escaping his Cocoon and take flight.
He's maturing.

Jakropha
04-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Well, since Ino-Shika you know the rests techniques revolve around teamwork

I wish Choji had a way of being workable with as a team :(
Ino and Shikamaru have compatable abilities, while Choji is just a powerhouse

Although, when he has butterfly mode, who needs teamwork amiright?

Parak111
04-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Kishimoto has inconsistency though. This is like the whole "Rule to awaken the Mangekyo Sharingan".

It was said that you can awaken it by killing your closest friend. Itachi said it - Kishimoto was thinking of this as the rule. Even Itachi killed Shisui - his closest friend to awaken it. If you can just be close to the death of someone in order to awaken it, then why didn't he just slaughter a random Uchiha and awaken it? If it still has to be a close person, then why not his father? He killed him anyway. Why go after the trouble of killing Shisui, and being absent from the Uchiha meeting, which immediately made Itachi the suspect? He could just awaken it during the whole massacre, and avoid being suspected.

Thing is Kishimoto, (at the time he was making the Naruto vs Sasuke battle) had the rule of killing ONLY your closest friend in order to awaken Mangekyo in his head, which was used as Sasuke's ambition to kill Naruto, and have the battle with him. I was ok with that, since nothing had been set about that before, but Sasuke gaining Mangekyo from Itachi's death was a big PNJ, and created an inconsistency with the whole "closest friend" rule.

Of course, this is just proof that Kishi thinks of new things for PNJ, but at the background of previous events, this looks really weird.

Same thing happened with Choji. He came up with wings out of nowhere...literally. It was shown that he could only with the pill, and it made sense. You can't have such a large burst of chakra just from your will. Maybe you can push yourself to create the necessary chakra for it, but that would kill you anyway. Just like when Kakashi pushed himself for the last Mangekyo warp against Pain, to save Choji.

Basically, when you don't have chakra, and you need it, you take from your own life force, turn it into chakra and use it. That's why when you do that, you shorten your life span or you risk dieing.

Maybe Choji matured, but if this doesn't have ANY side effect on him later, then it would be 100% PNJ, and it wouldn't make sense, again, when you compare with other situations, like when Kakashi got chakra out of nowhere. Big chakra out of nowhere pretty much means you use your life force power.

This is sort of baseless, since we haven't seen if it doesn't have an impact on Choji yet, but this is IF it doesn't have the impact. If it doesn't have an impact, it would be inconsistent, and so far Choji looks as if he doesn't have any problem with this. No fatigue, no nothing, which is quite PNJ.

He even made his wings spread so they cover the whole battlefield.:roll: Even PNJ should have its limits.