PDA

View Full Version : Weed

Yori
04-04-2011, 10:08 PM
What exactly about weed is stopping it from being legalized, and give your thoughts on whether it should be legal or stay illegal.

Noctis Arashi
04-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Legal.

Jose
04-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Congress not enough people in congress smoke to make it legal.

mrsticky005
04-04-2011, 10:30 PM
What exactly about weed is stopping it from being legalized, and give your thoughts on whether it should be legal or stay illegal.

The black market. If Weed is legalized then they can't price gouge because they will no longer be the only supplier.

Lone_Espada
04-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Legal.

Cloukora
04-05-2011, 01:26 AM
I think it's fine the way it is, used only for medical reasons

AgentShayd
04-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Well other then obvious health risks I see no difference in smoking weed then smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol. Other then the fact that the younger crowd would be more then like to kill themselves with it. Then again some adults would too. One of the reasons of not legalizing could be the fact that the government doesn't want more damn thing to regulate. But then again keeping it illegal means lots of money to crack down on it. So they are losing money either way. I say make it legal. If it becomes legal, people won't want it no more...reverse psychology! xD

Vornmusion
04-05-2011, 01:53 PM

Because the Tobacco industry doesn't want competition and the Tobacco industry is one of the most powerful entities in Washington. Little known fact, many of the studies that are against Marijuana are funded and/or created by Tobacco companies.

As for making it legal or not, I don't really care. People will use it either way, it makes no difference.

Space Cowboy Sasori
04-05-2011, 01:57 PM
I would like it to be Legal, to tax it and such make mucho revenue off of it. Help the economy a little bit.

Nine
04-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Because we don't know the 'long term affects' yet.

Bullssshiit. I'll do it when I want, where I want. :)

Jinchiruuki
04-05-2011, 02:06 PM
I think it's fine the way it is, used only for medical reasons

Really? Considering I can go buy a medical marijuana card for roughly 100 bucks with ease..it's not JUST for medical reasons..that's the lame excuse people have to get themselves legal to purchase weed from local dispensaries.

Shikamaru Nara
04-05-2011, 02:17 PM
haha I remember that south park episode when randy put his nuts in the microwave to get testicular cancer so he could get weed for a ziggy marley concert. :lol:

Skrall
04-05-2011, 02:22 PM
The fact that two drugs such as alcohol and tobacco are legalised, it should be considered a triumph by many consumers. These two drugs are very misused and consist a great threat to Society, who's seeking to stabilize itself to provide its citzens the best quality of life they can offer. The legalization of weed would leave our Society more unstable and eager to have more.

Nine
04-05-2011, 02:30 PM
The fact that two drugs such as alcohol and tobacco are legalised, it should be considered a triumph by many consumers. These two drugs are very misused and consist a great threat to Society, who's seeking to stabilize itself to provide its citzens the best quality of life they can offer. The legalization of weed would leave our Society more unstable and eager to have more.
Weed isn't addictive as people think. Nicotine is WAY more addicting then weed by FAR.

I smoked everyday for a somewhere around a year. I quit 4 months ago with ease.

kunoichifan102
04-05-2011, 03:58 PM
If weed were legalized then the government could make alot of money.

Jinchiruuki
04-05-2011, 04:02 PM

Orly?

How many driving accidents occur from drivers being high on marijuana a year?
How about murders?

How many people die a year from marijuana?

Don't worry..I'll wait.

If anything your comparison shows that Alcohol should be banned again and cigarettes also banned. Both those products are far more damaging and hazardous than marijuana.

Alcohol= Hundreds of thousands of deaths a year from drunk driving, liver failures, alcohol poisoning etc.
Cigarettes= 2nd hand smoke, lung cancer, cancer in your reproductive organs, cancer in your mouth or throat and heart disease.

Marijuana= You're high, eat and sleep a lot and don't piss and moan about the little stupid things in life and appreciate stuff more and everything/everyone is funnier to you...or it helps you relax.

Bacon
04-05-2011, 04:35 PM

It's the unknown ramifications that compel people to keep it illegal. If the use of marijuana turned out to be worse than expected, it would be difficult to reverse the situation. The government is not all knowing or all power and it has more important issues than the regulation of a new drug.

Example: The abuse of marijuana may affect kids worse than adults, drop outs sky rocket and crime increases to pay for their addiction. I know this is what already happens in some cases,but the scale would be much grander.

sasu_girl
04-05-2011, 04:44 PM
It's the unknown ramifications that compel people to keep it illegal. If the use of marijuana turned out to be worse than expected, it would be difficult to reverse the situation. The government is not all knowing or all power and it has more important issues than the regulation of a new drug.

Example: The abuse of marijuana may affect kids worse than adults, drop outs sky rocket and crime increases to pay for their addiction. I know this is what already happens in some cases,but the scale would be much grander.
since weed is less addictive than cigarettes, more people would smoke marijuana, than cigs because it gets you a better ride than cigs. there could actually be a lowering(over massive amounts of time) if people started to switch from cigs/alcohol for weed. soooooo =\

Kunoichi
04-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Well other then obvious health risks I see no difference in smoking weed then smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol. Other then the fact that the younger crowd would be more then like to kill themselves with it. Then again some adults would too. One of the reasons of not legalizing could be the fact that the government doesn't want more damn thing to regulate. But then again keeping it illegal means lots of money to crack down on it. So they are losing money either way. I say make it legal. If it becomes legal, people won't want it no more...reverse psychology! xD
I'm confused by that one line, could you explain?

I'm pretty sure it has alot to do with not just political but the social connotations that have been associated with pot for decades.

Vornmusion
04-05-2011, 04:51 PM
I would like it to be Legal, to tax it and such make mucho revenue off of it. Help the economy a little bit.

You're not fooling anyone with that explanation, Pat. ;)

Jutsu Junkie
04-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Money and racism. Weed was demonized in the 30's by William Randolph Hearst in order to protect his paper business, because weed (hemp) was competition as a paper product. He helped influence the government to brand it as a controlled substance, even though the authorities didn't see it as a risk. It wasn't so hard, because a lot of Americans have a problem with Mexicans and even more did back then; at the time it was thought by many that weed was a Mexican scourge contaminating the upstanding youth of the nation. It's repulsive, really, how all that went down.

Bacon
04-05-2011, 09:38 PM
since weed is less addictive than cigarettes, more people would smoke marijuana, than cigs because it gets you a better ride than cigs. there could actually be a lowering(over massive amounts of time) if people started to switch from cigs/alcohol for weed. soooooo =\
Cigarettes and marijuana are two different substances sasu. Weed impairs your judgement and cigareetes don't. By judgement, I am not just talking about driving,but in all aspects of life in general.

P.s I'm not saying you're wrong or aything,just giving my thoughts, :P

naruto_jock
04-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Weedisgoodwut? :lol: jk

The Virgin
04-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Weed makes you stupid and unpredictably insane.

Jutsu Junkie
04-06-2011, 07:18 AM
Yeah. Just like alcohol. Only not nearly as bad.

mrsticky005
04-07-2011, 04:08 AM
It's the black market and corruption of government. The black market needs a monopoly on weed to stay in the business and government needs the black market to be the
"bad guy" so that people vote for them to administer "justice".

Jutsu Junkie
04-07-2011, 07:54 AM
I agree that drug dealers in general support current laws, in that it drives up prices, but I don't agree that the market for weed in particular is dominated by monopolies. Weed is grown all over the country by various small, medium, and large producers. Heck, it's Florida's cash crop. There are no true monopolies in weed production.

The real monopolies exist in the cartels that deal in cocaine. There are vanishingly few small-time cocaine producers. Almost all of them are major business concerns. They love our laws, just like the mob loved Prohibition.