PDA

View Full Version : Battlegrounds Wiki??

TheBlackChidori
03-21-2011, 06:35 PM
So since some people decided to revolt against the BG for some stupid reason and took the wiki with, I need to find it and am too lazy to look for it.

You started the wiki Kisame and Miles, sure. But it was added onto by many others from the BG over time, including myself. And for that matter, nothing is your "Property" when you post it on this forum. Do you pay the costs to keep the servers running, or do anything for that matter? Sure don't.

Feel free to keep a copy of it. But yeah, someone PM me where it's at and their new website.

If you think I'm in the wrong, read the rules and agreements again when you signed up. "I'm taking my toys and going home." People are so silly.

deidara330
03-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Actually, aside from the people who run this website, I feel the Wiki is technically mine. I mean, I'm the only person who was actively making edits on the MVBG, and that was for entire months. I posted pictures, edited info, and contributed tons of new ideas. It was a real hobby of mine, and I feel betrayed not only that I've been kicked out of the MVBG but that the people running it couldn't bother to put into it half the effort that I did. I can even prove it, too, how many times I committed mass edit or was the only person to keep some pages up-to-date on a weekly basis.

If you want to make an entirely new Wiki, TBC, I'll help you any way I can, so long as that doesn't involve murder or becoming a hippie.

TheBlackChidori
03-21-2011, 06:42 PM
Preventing drama is good. If they're really that butt hurt about their wiki, you're free to make the wiki yourself Deidara.

And feel free to copy-paste anything you added onto "their" wiki, which was of course the battleground's wiki, but whatever.

What pisses me off the most about those 3 leaving is I read about how the BG was steadily declining and this horrible awful place that wasn't fun and the rules were dumb, yet they have done absolutely nothing to contribute to the BG in the past year.

deidara330
03-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Meh. I don't want to make a wiki, just be an active contributor. At the moment I feel that the format the MVBG used was insanely outdated and overdone. Destructive Capacity, Durability, Speed, Strength were such areas meant to give people ideas who would win fights at a quick glance, but when speed was everything in the BG and dozens of characters had abilities that bypass durability or destructive capacity, it wasn't actually that helpful. The purpose is simply providing people with info to make their own decision on who would win in a fight (Or simply to make characters look cool/bad). If I made a new wiki, the style of profiles would be completely different. For starters, it'd be like actual wikis are supposed to be and cite references for the statistics listed. Much of the wiki operated on assumed information, which it shouldn't do since there's still the chance people outside this forum could use it.

Shikamaru Nara
03-22-2011, 06:19 AM
It's not a huge deal.

We could start a new one, but it would really suck.