View Full Version : Spoiler: Hanzou's martyrdom?
03-18-2011, 06:39 PM
We love to know about the outcome of Hanzou and Mifune's fight in the new chapter of the manga. Those two had fought in the past if we recall. We can't blame ourselves for that, can we? We don't know if Hanzo did commit seppuku (own death). Did Hanzou martyred for Mifune or not?
03-18-2011, 06:47 PM
I do believe to be a martyr is to die for your beliefs. If Hanzo had actually died, then he could be called a martyr, as he commited Seppuku to pass on his faith in peace to Mifune. However, Hanzo did not die. He's a martyr in spirit, but technically speaking, he isn't a martyr at all.
03-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Dictionary.com defines martyr as
1. a person who willingly suffers death rather than renounce his or her religion.
2. a person who is put to death or endures great suffering on behalf of any belief, principle, or cause: a martyr to the cause of social justice.
3. a person who undergoes severe or constant suffering: a martyr to severe headaches.
1. Can be eliminated as there was no mention of religion in the fight at all
2. Doesn't work either as he wasn't put to death. Mifune beat him and then
he commits zombie sepukku. Never mind the fact he's already dead.
Also if you try to say he was martyred by Pain...well that's not true either
as he did not willingly suffer death but rather died with his tail between his legs.
3. Yep this is the one. Hanzo forgot about fighting Mifune cuz of those migranes!
Hanzo "Ugh! This headache is killing me! I'm such a martyr!"
03-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Well, Mifune cracked him good. :|
vBulletin® v3.8.2, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.