PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: What's Naruto's Defense

kalmeast
03-17-2011, 05:36 PM
i realized that while both Naruto and Sasuke have very strong attacks, Naruto has zero defense what so ever...

[rephrase]
His kage bushin which used to suffice for his lack of defense has been limited...

He's spending all these time learning ones jutsu while sasuke sits on his butt, "with his eyes closed" to get equally as strong...

at first i thought maybe the rikoudo sage's cloak, would be a defense but the poor kid broke his ankle while in it... i hope his yellow flash speed wouldn't be the defense...

Jonesy
03-17-2011, 05:36 PM
He has Plot No Jutsu.

Don't worry. ;)

Vatanui AKA Pride
03-17-2011, 05:38 PM
He doesn't need Sage Mode.

Jinchuuriki cloak, regeneration, shadow clones for meat sacks. On the other, his new transformation is being practiced and trained with Killer Bee, so by the time Sasuke comes, he should at least be able to walk without spraining an ankle.

EDIT: Yeah, what Jonesy said.

narulvr
03-17-2011, 07:56 PM
well since he can regerate practicly, i asume he's just gona tank everything. seriously he barely dodges anything and he walks away just fine from most battles. hopefully he'll learn how to control his new cloak since his old one was a sheild maybe his new one will be 2... maybe

-Naruto-
03-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Naruto will control the 9 tails, plus he has one of Asuma's knife and plot no jutsu

Poodle
03-18-2011, 08:22 AM
I think we're supposed to watch Naruto get beat to a pulp in every fight so we can be sympathetic to his determination not to give up.

Shikamaru Nara
03-18-2011, 08:44 AM
PnJ and TnJ.

Gouldy17
03-18-2011, 11:57 AM
he didnt break his ankle more of a twist and if you think carefully it was done by himself and not an outside influence yes i know it got stuck in a wall but he himself did that..in other words he wasnt hit by anything.

i agree with you about saskue tho just sits about gets new eyes and hey presto hes narutos equal we dont know what EMS will bring to the table but i dont think ameratsu can burn chakra maybe?? and i also dont hink he can be hit with tskyomi because now having control over kyuubi so that only leaves susano'o

kalmeast
03-18-2011, 03:34 PM
he didnt break his ankle more of a twist and if you think carefully it was done by himself and not an outside influence yes i know it got stuck in a wall but he himself did that..in other words he wasnt hit by anything.

i agree with you about saskue tho just sits about gets new eyes and hey presto hes narutos equal we dont know what EMS will bring to the table but i dont think ameratsu can burn chakra maybe?? and i also dont hink he can be hit with tskyomi because now having control over kyuubi so that only leaves susano'o

You're true in most cases but i think i want to clear up the fact that, Naruto is not friends or buddies with Kuubi, as 8tails is with Bee, so that wont save him from Tsukuyomi... Kuubi is in a cage and wont be there to disrupt any genjutsu on naruto... i am rather hoping that Sage Mode would be his defense against genjutsu because it involves a second chakra (nature) which cannot be controlled by who ever is casting the tsukuyomi...

I say this because, it took sasuke a second state curse mark to break itachi's tsukuyomi... the first state was not enough...

I asked this question because I think it'd suck if Naruto get's beat to a pulp and still wins because of guts and not giving up... i've seen so much of that already

EvL j3st3r
03-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Ammy, Tsukuyomi, Susanoo.......don't forget that Sasuke has a NEW dojutsu which will most likely breed NEW techniques. These three will not be all that Naruto has to worry about.

@kalmeast........you may or may not be right about Tsukuyomi. We don't really know how the whole Jinchuuriki breaking genjutsu thing works. Bee said, "The eight tails within me is my second party" or something very close to that. That doesn't really tell us if the eight tails has to consciously help. It may just be that that second chakra presence is in their body. And if it is voluntary help thing then no....the Kyuubi isn't going to help just to save Naruto....BUT......he probably will help to save himself. That's the only reason he ever has helped Naruto.....bc Naruto is his vessel. If the blond kid dies then so does the Kyuubi as long as he's still locked away inside.

JazzJunkie4
03-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Ammy, Tsukuyomi, Susanoo.......don't forget that Sasuke has a NEW dojutsu which will most likely breed NEW techniques. These three will not be all that Naruto has to worry about.

@kalmeast........you may or may not be right about Tsukuyomi. We don't really know how the whole Jinchuuriki breaking genjutsu thing works. Bee said, "The eight tails within me is my second party" or something very close to that. That doesn't really tell us if the eight tails has to consciously help. It may just be that that second chakra presence is in their body. And if it is voluntary help thing then no....the Kyuubi isn't going to help just to save Naruto....BUT......he probably will help to save himself. That's the only reason he ever has helped Naruto.....bc Naruto is his vessel. If the blond kid dies then so does the Kyuubi as long as he's still locked away inside.

From what we know about breaking out of genjutsu, it requires a great disturbance in chakara such as cutting it off temporarily or having someone else feed theirs into yours. SO, when bee broke out of sasuke's tsukuyomi it was because bee was using both the 8 tails chakara AND his own because they made a contract like bee said on how much of each they will use when in junchurikee mode. But when naruto is in Junch mode, he temprarily gives up his chakara to use the fox's super chakara. So I think you are right, the jinchurikee thing has to be voluntary so you can use both the host's chakara and the beasts chakara, at least that's how I see it.

EvL j3st3r
03-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Yea, I mean I know what the general principle of breaking genjutsu is but I don't know if it works the same with a Jinchuuriki with control. I mean Bee snapped out of Tsukiyomi instantly pretty much. It may be that the bijuu helped him willingly but Bee may have just used the bijuu chakra himself to disrupt the genjutsu. It happened pretty fast. And if you think about it......Naruto shouldn't need the Kyuubi to volunteer his help. when he gets hit by genjutsu he should just draw on the Kyuubi's chakra. That alone should be a significant enough disruption to Naruto's chakra flow to disengage genjutsu.

JazzJunkie4
03-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Yea, I mean I know what the general principle of breaking genjutsu is but I don't know if it works the same with a Jinchuuriki with control. I mean Bee snapped out of Tsukiyomi instantly pretty much. It may be that the bijuu helped him willingly but Bee may have just used the bijuu chakra himself to disrupt the genjutsu. It happened pretty fast. And if you think about it......Naruto shouldn't need the Kyuubi to volunteer his help. when he gets hit by genjutsu he should just draw on the Kyuubi's chakra. That alone should be a significant enough disruption to Naruto's chakra flow to disengage genjutsu.

good point, that would probably work from what we know.

kalmeast
03-18-2011, 07:54 PM

well, true, that answers a good amount of the question, but what do you think about this... when sasuke used tsukuyomi on Bee, it appeared like itachi's ( a paralysis genjutsu)... in his case, bee had 8 arrows stuck inside him so he couldn't move... how then can he "summon" more chakra (from 8-tails) in that state? unless he could do that in a paralysis state... that's why i thought perhaps the hachibee saved him voluntarily...what do u think?

Blah.
03-19-2011, 02:33 AM
Just wondering since this topic is about Naruto's defense.
What is Naruto's ultimate defense? or is his offensive and attacking mode his ultimate defense? Because I mean, for example, how could Naruto protect himself from the raikage's liger bomb? He would be crushed. Maybe not if he was in sage mode considering thats probably the only way he could keep up with him but still!! most of the elite characters have some means of protecting themselves through potentially life threatening situations. what about naruto?

EvL j3st3r
03-19-2011, 10:17 PM
well, true, that answers a good amount of the question, but what do you think about this... when sasuke used tsukuyomi on Bee, it appeared like itachi's ( a paralysis genjutsu)... in his case, bee had 8 arrows stuck inside him so he couldn't move... how then can he "summon" more chakra (from 8-tails) in that state? unless he could do that in a paralysis state... that's why i thought perhaps the hachibee saved him voluntarily...what do u think?We can only guess. He may or may not be able to. It wouldn't be surprising if he could draw on his bijuu's chakra while suffering physical paralysis. The reason is that their is really nothing physical about it. We've seen no indication in the past that the host must be able to move to summon forth the Bijuu's chakra so it may be possible.Just wondering since this topic is about Naruto's defense.
What is Naruto's ultimate defense? or is his offensive and attacking mode his ultimate defense? Because I mean, for example, how could Naruto protect himself from the raikage's liger bomb? He would be crushed. Maybe not if he was in sage mode considering thats probably the only way he could keep up with him but still!! most of the elite characters have some means of protecting themselves through potentially life threatening situations. what about naruto?Well so far in the manga, Naruto's main line of defense has probably been shadow clones. It's nothing to spectacular but in combination with good timing in use of the clones, his amazingly resilient body, regenerative healing, and pure dumb luck.........he's managed. I feel pretty sure tho that the control form will offer some sort of defense we haven't seen yet.

Gouldy17
03-20-2011, 05:59 AM
imo no "friendship" is needed with a bijju to break Tsukuyomi as we know all that is needed to break genjutsu is a disruption in chakra that is all and adding the 9-tails of all the bijju should be more than enough thus ending narutos weakness vs genjutsu

naruto isnt the defensive type hes much to impatient to learn/create a defensive technique when he could be learning an offensive type...however i wouldnt mind seeing something like tornado Armour he is wind natured after all kind of already been done with raikage raiton armour, but still would be nice to see some kind of powerful defense other than him being able to take a beating

kalmeast
03-20-2011, 03:25 PM
We can only guess. He may or may not be able to. It wouldn't be surprising if he could draw on his bijuu's chakra while suffering physical paralysis. The reason is that their is really nothing physical about it. We've seen no indication in the past that the host must be able to move to summon forth the Bijuu's chakra so it may be possible.Well so far in the manga, Naruto's main line of defense has probably been shadow clones. It's nothing to spectacular but in combination with good timing in use of the clones, his amazingly resilient body, regenerative healing, and pure dumb luck.........he's managed. I feel pretty sure tho that the control form will offer some sort of defense we haven't seen yet.

Agreed...i actually watched Itach vs Sasuke again and realized sasuke could still draw on Oro's chakra for 2nd state while under the paralysis genjutsu...

naruto isnt the defensive type hes much to impatient to learn/create a defensive technique when he could be learning an offensive type...

lol... so true... just makes all the sense in the world...

Kreegah!!!
03-20-2011, 04:50 PM
however i wouldnt mind seeing something like tornado Armour he is wind natured after all kind of already been done with raikage raiton armour, but still would be nice to see some kind of powerful defense other than him being able to take a beating

Plausible. I believe he is descended from Pecos Bill after all.