PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Chapter 531 Discussion

Yori
03-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Discuss Away!

mrsticky005
03-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Not bad. Hope this fight is over because I'd rather not have it linger on.

lolohwd
03-09-2011, 09:19 PM
mifune supersonic. lol jk

yay more Pain

Yori
03-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Mifune has awesome, awesome speed feats

zetsu2141
03-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Mifune is a lot stronger then i thought that and hanzo seems to be weaker then he was hyped.

lolohwd
03-09-2011, 09:22 PM
so thats why samurai havent been killed by ninja

chiyo was just playing dead!

mrsticky005
03-09-2011, 09:23 PM
By the way...

Since when did Danzo ever ally with Yahiko and the original Akatsuki?

Yori
03-09-2011, 09:23 PM
It's not that Hanzo is weak, he just going against his worst match. He can't do Nin-jutsu, and his Taijutsu just got outmatched. He's done

lolohwd
03-09-2011, 09:24 PM
By the way...

since this chapter my good sir

zetsu2141
03-09-2011, 09:26 PM
It's not that Hanzo is weak, he just going against his worst match. He can't do Nin-jutsu, and his Taijutsu just got outmatched. He's done

wait does he still have the regenration power that all edo tensei people have because that could make it hard to truely beat him.

Yori
03-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Yes he does, but it's likely he is going to get TNJ

zetsu2141
03-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Yes he does, but it's likely he is going to get TNJ

seeing about how they acutally had a talk about beliefs he probaly will.

mrsticky005
03-09-2011, 09:29 PM
since this chapter my good sir

Sounds like a case of retcon because what happened before was

Pain and Hanzo make a peace treaty.

Hanzo makes a deal with Danzo to help him defeat Yahiko and Akatsuki.

lolohwd
03-09-2011, 09:31 PM
apperently danzo has made alliances with just about everyone

Yori
03-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Danzo had his hands in everything. Danzo has so much stuff on him Kishi could probably create a spin off, just about him

mrsticky005
03-09-2011, 09:34 PM

More info is needed on this. :geek:

lolohwd
03-09-2011, 09:35 PM
danzo wants to be teh very best like no one ever was. ruling the world was his real quest to betray everyone is his cause.

kimmimaro taking out people. hopefully we get alot of random feats next chapter

danzo totally ordered zabuza to dill the mizukage lol

mrsticky005
03-09-2011, 09:56 PM
danzo wants to be teh very best like no one ever was. ruling the world was his real quest to betray everyone is his cause.

kimmimaro taking out people. hopefully we get alot of random feats next chapter

danzo totally ordered zabuza to dill the mizukage lol

Yay! Danzomon song! Wrote more for it!

Danzo wants to be the very best like no one ever was.
Ruling the world was his real quest.
To betray everyone is his cause!
Danzo will travel across the land
slaughtering far and wide!
Teach ANBU to understand
the chakra that's inside!
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all---
Its you vs me
I know it's my destiny (to win)
Danzomon!
Ooooh you're my ally (not)
in a hidden village I must defend
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all---
I'm heartless. It's true.
You teach me and I'll betray you
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all
Gotta kill them all
Yeaaaa
Every ninja along the way
with Izanagi I can face
I will fight behind the scenes everyday
to claim my right place as Hokage
I will kill Sasuke. The time is right
There's no one better than me!
Mano y Mano. I'll win this fight!
Hokage is my dream!
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all!
Its you vs me
Danzomon!
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all---
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all!
Gotta kill them all!
Gotta kill them all!
Gotta kill them all!
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Before they get too strong!!

lolohwd
03-09-2011, 10:14 PM
would it be possible for orobuto(kabuto) to resserect danzo and give him full control over himself so that with his inanzagi he can try and kill madara?

JazzJunkie4
03-09-2011, 10:16 PM
I know people like to talk while they fight in naruto... but this was too much:|

gama-sennin
03-09-2011, 10:38 PM
I know people like to talk while they fight in naruto... but this was too much:|

Thats because you are looking at it the wrong way. The thing is, in Naruto, people like to fight while they talk...:cool:

narutonhinataschild
03-10-2011, 12:49 AM
the info gained was worth the talk in this one!

mrsticky005
03-10-2011, 03:23 AM
would it be possible for orobuto(kabuto) to resserect danzo and give him full control over himself so that with his inanzagi he can try and kill madara?

Maybe. That might be why Kishimoto had it that Kabuto can't resurrect
Danzo (because Madara has his body and DNA which might be destroyed now.)

Shooting Star
03-10-2011, 04:57 AM
Gotta respect Samurai honoured code.`@x)

I question myself how the Sanin losed agaisnt Hanzo. Mifune was bada$$ with all his epic quotes. His swordmanship abilities were impressive: preventing Hanzo finishing his handseals, which proofs he has quick reflexes, slashing Ibuse and cutting Hanzou and his scythe.

Page 19-20 - Ittoryu: Shishi Sonson (One Sword Style: Lion's Song)

mrsticky005
03-10-2011, 04:59 AM
Nominate your favorite characters in the 2011 Character Poll!
http://www.naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93620

NagatoGod_of_Pain
03-10-2011, 05:22 AM
Mifune is officially a boss. I was looking forward to seeing him use chakra flow, but I guess we'll have to wait longer.

I foresee Kimimaro own those samurai and Lee arriving as backup with Sakura among others so the rematch begins. Sakura takes on Chiyo, which should be interesting.

tsuki
03-10-2011, 06:22 AM

I don't think Kabuto got his DNA.

Anyways, good chapter. I was expexting more Asuma vs InoShikaCho, but that will prolly be next chapter.

EvL j3st3r
03-10-2011, 06:29 AM
I wish Mifune didn't speak in parables so much. And what the heck is IAI? Good chapter all in all. Would've liked to see more on team Asuma or Kimmimaru.

Parak111
03-10-2011, 06:42 AM
Mifune's gonna TnJ Hanzo. It was strange that Hanzo's mask broke though, as it should've regenerated with the dust. Fan service.

There were a lot of unanswered questions left in this chapter. They'll probably be revealed in the next chapter. There's also a chance to see flashbacks from Mifune's past.

EvL j3st3r
03-10-2011, 07:05 AM
^ I doubt it will be TNJ. Just a guess really, but I don't think the revived souls can be defeated by TNJ anymore. why? Bc not one zombie has fell to TNJ since Kabuto used Anko to "strengthen" the technique.

Jutsu Junkie
03-10-2011, 09:11 AM
I wish Mifune didn't speak in parables so much. And what the heck is IAI? Good chapter all in all. Would've liked to see more on team Asuma or Kimmimaru.

Iaido is the art of drawing the sword. It's purpose is to finish or compromise the opponent(s) with the initial slash right out of the scabbard, removing the blood from the blade, and then returning the blade to the scabbard in one fluid motion. It is known occasionally as "moving Zen" because of its emphasis on quick precise kata. As in my own art, Iaido practices "interception" of an opponent's motion, thus cutting off counters and assaults. That is why Hanzou got owned.

Thats because you are looking at it the wrong way. The thing is, in Naruto, people like to fight while they talk...:cool:

That annoyed me when I first watched the show, but I got used to it. It's still bad writing: they call them "expository lumps." That sort of thing should be shown, not barfed out in soliloquies.

Mifune proves why samurai still exist; this chapter was awesome.

deidara330
03-10-2011, 09:58 AM
That annoyed me when I first watched the show, but I got used to it. It's still bad writing: they call them "expository lumps." That sort of thing should be shown, not barfed out in soliloquies.I can't understand you here. I never disliked it so I don't see how it can be called bad writing.

HokageNarutoUzamaki
03-10-2011, 10:41 AM

Its Kubumaru by the way :)

deidara330
03-10-2011, 10:45 AM
^Neither. It's Kabuto.

Kreegah!!!
03-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Sounds like a case of retcon because what happened before was

Pain and Hanzo make a peace treaty.

Hanzo makes a deal with Danzo to help him defeat Yahiko and Akatsuki.

Yeah, but Danzo's too cool to be pinned down by some loser upstart organization; besides, he must've clearly recognized Nagato's power and decided that someone so gifted must be destroyed ASAP. Crafty, ain't he just?

Indeed.

Danzo had his hands in everything. Danzo has so much stuff on him Kishi could probably create a spin off, just about him

He really should, and it would be better than a Yondaime spin-off anyway.

Teach ANBU to understand
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all---
Its you vs me
Danzomon!
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all---
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all
Gotta kill them all
Yeaaaa
with Izanagi I can face
Hokage is my dream!
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all!
Its you vs me
Danzomon!
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all---
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all!
Gotta kill them all!
Gotta kill them all!
Gotta kill them all!

Too bad I already repped you today.:(

Oh how I so hope it happens!`<3

Let's hope a skin flake slips by!

Gotta respect Samurai honoured code.`@x)

I question myself how the Sanin losed agaisnt Hanzo. Mifune was bada$$ with all his epic quotes. His swordmanship abilities were impressive: preventing Hanzo finishing his handseals, which proofs he has quick reflexes, slashing Ibuse and cutting Hanzou and his scythe.

Page 19-20 - Ittoryu: Shishi Sonson (One Sword Style: Lion's Song)

Sannin likely exhausted themselves in prior battles before hitting up Hanzo the Magnificent.

Mifune rocks, but my poor, poor Ibuse.:cry:

Nominate your favorite characters in the 2011 Character Poll!
http://www.naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93620

Excellent tangent!

Iaido is the art of drawing the sword. It's purpose is to finish or compromise the opponent(s) with the initial slash right out of the scabbard, removing the blood from the blade, and then returning the blade to the scabbard in one fluid motion. It is known occasionally as "moving Zen" because of its emphasis on quick precise kata. As in my own art, Iaido practices "interception" of an opponent's motion, thus cutting off counters and assaults. That is why Hanzou got owned.

That annoyed me when I first watched the show, but I got used to it. It's still bad writing: they call them "expository lumps." That sort of thing should be shown, not barfed out in soliloquies.

Mifune proves why samurai still exist; this chapter was awesome.

Ah, very enlightening; thanks!

Yes, but more annoying is the anime didn't take that into consideration. A show should be fluid, not packed with 20 minutes of still-frames as characters talk. Even when they must talk, surely they can do so as they fight?

Knew it would be answered. Good on them!

Lovely chapter I thought, aside from the brutal murder of Ibuse the Steed of Steeds.:!:

Jutsu Junkie
03-10-2011, 11:52 AM
I can't understand you here. I never disliked it so I don't see how it can be called bad writing.

It's a matter of craft. Of course, there is the pragmatic consideration of how many people like the work despite the quality of craftsmanship, but there are standards for a reason. Expository lumps slow the action -- often the kiss of death for a story. A good illustration is that sometimes in Naruto an expository lump will cause a fight scene to stretch out over multiple episodes. It's fine if you like it, but if you write a story in such a manner and attempt to get it published, your chances are slim. It will be dumped into the editor's slush pile, most likely, and if it isn't rejected it will be in spite of the exposition, not because of it. Kishimoto is getting away with it because he is using a visual medium, so people are distracted from his rambling.

Ah, very enlightening; thanks!

Yes, but more annoying is the anime didn't take that into consideration. A show should be fluid, not packed with 20 minutes of still-frames as characters talk. Even when they must talk, surely they can do so as they fight?

Knew it would be answered. Good on them!

Lovely chapter I thought, aside from the brutal murder of Ibuse the Steed of Steeds.:!:

Nobody has that kind of thinking (or talking) time during combat. I don't expect Naruto to follow reality (that would be boring), but I do wish Kishi would hold off on deep reflection until the proper moments. Mifune should have reflected on the spiritual nature of his sword entirely after besting Hanzou. Kishi's addiction to flashbacks annoy me also, but at least this one provided worthwhile information. It tells us, basically, that Naruto could have bested Hanzou, given that Pain defeated him also. This makes me think Naruto is Sennin material for sure.

deidara330
03-10-2011, 12:28 PM
It's a matter of craft. Of course, there is the pragmatic consideration of how many people like the work despite the quality of craftsmanship, but there are standards for a reason. Expository lumps slow the action -- often the kiss of death for a story. A good illustration is that sometimes in Naruto an expository lump will cause a fight scene to stretch out over multiple episodes. It's fine if you like it, but if you write a story in such a manner and attempt to get it published, your chances are slim. It will be dumped into the editor's slush pile, most likely, and if it isn't rejected it will be in spite of the exposition, not because of it. Kishimoto is getting away with it because he is using a visual medium, so people are distracted from his rambling.Slow the action? Stories are about more than just lots of action. I don't care if a fight lasts more than multiple episodes, because I'm entertained by the fighting and engaged by the dialogue, and I don't really care about whether or not they happen to take place in the same time frame.

Also, please define "Expository lump" for me. I know what exposition is, and I know what a lump is, but I don't hear the term often.

Jutsu Junkie
03-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Slow the action? Stories are about more than just lots of action. I don't care if a fight lasts more than multiple episodes, because I'm entertained by the fighting and engaged by the dialogue, and I don't really care about whether or not they happen to take place in the same time frame.

Also, please define "Expository lump" for me. I know what exposition is, and I know what a lump is, but I don't hear the term often.

You are right that a story is more than just the action. However, there is a time and a place for everything. For instance, a character expounding on the exploits of Babe Ruth during a love scene is perhaps not appropriate -- unless it's a comedy. Likewise, a fight is often not the best time to be waxing philosophical about the samurai cult of the sword; these people are in a pitched battle for the future of their world against undead zombie ninja masters and spore clones.

As for the expository lump, look here. (http://www.sfwa.org/2009/06/being-a-glossary-of-terms-useful-in-critiquing-science-fiction/) If you are an established writer you can sometimes get away with these, and as I've said since this is a visual medium they are a bit less noticeable. But fight scenes aren't where you want the action to slow down.

J-Sun Tasogare
03-10-2011, 01:08 PM
The whole "I won't let you use Ninjutsu even though you can regen through strikes" thing made me -_-

Wind Style Naruto
03-10-2011, 01:19 PM
It was a good chapter.

Forawhile a there I thought that no one in the Shinobi Alliances knew Hanzo so he'll probably have to fight some random character or give an main supporting guy some screen time. Same goes for Mifune. I guess the battles are picked out based on relations.

Anyway I liked the flashback when Mifune and Hanzo are about to strike each other. It basically showed that at that time Hanzo used to have his spirit and will of an warrior which is what made him strong and why we won the first time but the second time he got cut because he lost his faith and spirit.

I give credit for Mifune he is more stronger than I thought but that is more speed and swordsmenship.

Either way I don't think that the fight is over. Maybe one more chapter.

Lady Tsunade
03-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Boring..

I want Team 10 vs Asuma. Not Mifune vs Hanzo. Mifunes about as interesting a grey wall. Speed, sword strikes - easily predicted and typical stuff. I look forward to seeing Hanzo use ninjutsu though. And he doesn't get to use ninjutsu. It will be fail of epic proportions.

Zango
03-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Also, Hanzo is a Hidan wanna-be.

3littlepigs
03-10-2011, 03:20 PM
By the way...

Since forever lol remember how Nagato ended up in a wheelchair? well in that chapter Yahiko and his group (so I guess the original Akatsuki you could say) were supposed to ally themselves with Hanzou and Danzou was included somehow but Hanzou and Danzou ended up betraying them and well the rest I'm pretty sure you know. ;)

I'm so happy this chapter came out! I would like to think Naruto's back! the last month or so sucked IMO and I really liked this chapter. I liked that the samurai weren't useless after all and that Mifune is so strong. Nice to see Pain in the flashback....so sad he's gone and Konan as well.

Now I hope we get to see either Gaara or Kakashi next week!! preferably Gaara...also love how the chapter is called "Team Asuma Together Again" but they only appear in like 2 pages...what the heck? it should have been called "Hanzou vs Mifune" or something like that.....I thought I was reading the wrong chapter `:oops:

HachibiXSenpai
03-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Boring..

I want Team 10 vs Asuma. Not Mifune vs Hanzo. Mifunes about as interesting a grey wall. Speed, sword strikes - easily predicted and typical stuff. I look forward to seeing Hanzo use ninjutsu though. And he doesn't get to use ninjutsu. It will be fail of epic proportions.

funny....i found this chapter to be very intresting, especially mifune.

deidara330
03-10-2011, 06:36 PM
You are right that a story is more than just the action. However, there is a time and a place for everything. For instance, a character expounding on the exploits of Babe Ruth during a love scene is perhaps not appropriate -- unless it's a comedy. Likewise, a fight is often not the best time to be waxing philosophical about the samurai cult of the sword; these people are in a pitched battle for the future of their world against undead zombie ninja masters and spore clones.

As for the expository lump, look here. (http://www.sfwa.org/2009/06/being-a-glossary-of-terms-useful-in-critiquing-science-fiction/) If you are an established writer you can sometimes get away with these, and as I've said since this is a visual medium they are a bit less noticeable. But fight scenes aren't where you want the action to slow down.I think it's more excusable when characters have a personal relationship with each other.

That's just an opinion, though. That assumes that the fighting is meant to be faced-paced and action-filled. In some Naruto fights, characters will only make a few moves. Sometimes the purpose of fights can simply be demonstrating the relationship between characters and the history they may have. These fights in particular tend to be the longest and most popular among fans, such as Sasuke VS Itachi or Naruto VS Pain. I think the most reasonable excuse is that the author makes the relationship between characters as enjoyable as the fighting itself. At least, that's how I've found it.

Instead of "Getting away with it", I'd say "Pulling it off". To get away with something means you did something you shouldn't have, but no one really noticed. If they did, they would recognize that it shouldn't have been done and condemn it. In contrast, to pull something off is to do something that conventionally shouldn't be done and often ends up unsuccessful, but is turned around into something enjoyable and worth seeing. Ever since I started reading the manga, or watching the anime, I rarely (if ever) felt that the things the characters said were out of place for the time in which they said them. I, personally, would call that pulling it off instead of getting away with it.

Jutsu Junkie
03-10-2011, 07:10 PM
I think it's more excusable when characters have a personal relationship with each other.

Instead of "Getting away with it", I'd say "Pulling it off".

Ever since I started reading the manga, or watching the anime, I rarely (if ever) felt that the things the characters said were out of place for the time in which they said them. I, personally, would call that pulling it off instead of getting away with it.

I see your point. But the thing is that exposition takes power away from the story. You enjoy the story the way it is, and that is a valid response, but it could be better, with the added bonus of not requiring so many filler episodes in the anime (because it's easy to fill space with scenes vs. exposition). Scenes are more engrossing. Characters "explaining" things to each other, like Mifune's speech about peace and faith, is a way some writers get around pure summary, but it often still feels like exposition when the participants aren't believably in need of the explanation. Mifune said it himself: "Don't tell me a ninja of your level doesn't realize..." And he's right; they are fighting master warriors who should know these things, especially Hanzou with his knowledge of samurai history.

mrsticky005
03-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Since forever lol remember how Nagato ended up in a wheelchair? well in that chapter Yahiko and his group (so I guess the original Akatsuki you could say) were supposed to ally themselves with Hanzou and Danzou was included somehow but Hanzou and Danzou ended up betraying them and well the rest I'm pretty sure you know. ;)

I remember Nagato talking about Hanzo making a peace treaty with them the original Akatsuki and then when Hanzo betrayed that peace treaty he had Danzo help him fight the original Akatsuki in exchange for helping Danzo become Hokage. However since Hanzo had really bad intelligence
neither he nor Danzo were prepared for Nagato's Rinnengan.

However this chapter is making it sound like the original Akatsuki made
a deal with Danzo too which Danzo broke. Either this is retcon or a mistake
by the scanlators getting Danzo and Hanzo confused.

I mean I get that Nagato would hate Danzo. But I think it's in error for him to say that Danzo betrayed him because Danzo never was on his side and
if he was on his side then it's retcon because that's not what was told
before. Perhaps what Nagato means is that Danzo representing Konoha
made an alliance through Jirayia (Konoha) and then Danzo (Konoha)
betrayed Yahiko. That would make more sense but it still would be
bad translation.

Wooster
03-11-2011, 04:14 AM
Mifune kicked Hanzo's tail just as I predicted. Eating crow yet, Deidara330?

Poodle
03-11-2011, 05:37 AM
I remember Nagato talking about Hanzo making a peace treaty with them the original Akatsuki and then when Hanzo betrayed that peace treaty he had Danzo help him fight the original Akatsuki in exchange for helping Danzo become Hokage. However since Hanzo had really bad intelligence

I mean I get that Nagato would hate Danzo. But I think it's in error for him to say that Danzo betrayed him because Danzo never was on his side and
bad translation.

i thought Akatsuki had made a deal with both of them. then again my memory of it is more from the anime than the manga.

mrsticky005
03-11-2011, 06:28 AM
i thought Akatsuki had made a deal with both of them. then again my memory of it is more from the anime than the manga.

I looked at the translation for 531 and it was actually supposed to say
that Hanzo allied with Danzo to betray Nagato which makes a million
times more sense. I'm not sure where a certain site got it's translation
from.

Kimimaro Kaguya
03-11-2011, 06:34 AM
kimis gonna kick butt XDD

mrsticky005
03-11-2011, 06:37 AM
By the way, we learn that Dan is from the Kato clan. Not the Namikaze.

Wooster
03-11-2011, 09:06 AM
By the way, we learn that Dan is from the Kato clan. Not the Namikaze.
Okay. what is so special about either clan? And why did people think it was Namikaze?

mrsticky005
03-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Okay. what is so special about either clan? And why did people think it was Namikaze?

Nothing is special about the Kato Clan as far I know.

Probably because they wanted Minato to be the son of Tsunade and Dan.

...Hey I don't think this stuff up.

Wooster
03-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Oh, are those the same people that say `:Pbit`:P is Tobi?

mrsticky005
03-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Oh, are those the same people that say `:Pbit`:P is Tobi?

More like the same people who say that Akamaru is Kiba.

Wooster
03-11-2011, 09:28 AM
I just received a message:

I, Sir Kiba, Duke of Inuzuka, am greatly offended by that remark. Akamaru is but my hunting hound. We have gone many a merry chase of the fox on lackadisical afternoons.
I demand my honor be recompensed by a duel. Who shall be your second?

Kreegah!!!
03-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Also, Hanzo is a Hidan wanna-be.

Hidan's claim to fame is having been paired up with Kakuzu. Without him, Hidan is not in the least cool. Still a tough opponent? Sure, but no one I'd care about. Hanzo is far and away better in any area worth mentioning, and as an ET now he trumps Hidan every way possible.

I just received a message:

I, Sir Kiba, Duke of Inuzuka, am greatly offended by that remark. Akamaru is but my hunting hound. We have gone many a merry chase of the fox on lackadisical afternoons.
I demand my honor be recompensed by a duel. Who shall be your second?

I will be. I should forewarn you that I wrestle Polar Bears for fun and Pecos Bill is my ancestor. You are greatly outmatched, sirs.

Yori
03-11-2011, 12:18 PM
What happened to the Sai Shaft interviews?

oxymaru
03-11-2011, 01:42 PM
dont understand the whole graanny chiyo playing dead thing please someone explain

Wooster
03-11-2011, 01:47 PM
What happened to the Sai Shaft interviews?
Hmm, actually I just spoke with Sai Shaft regarding his opinion of the last few chapters.

Sai Shaft this war sure is exciting.

Mah brother man, it ain't nothing but a big sheet storm. We are kicking those mofo's ass and that's it.
Can ya dig it?

Indeed, Sai Shat. You confidence never fails to inspire

There you have it.

3littlepigs
03-11-2011, 04:08 PM

bad translation.
Ok I see why it could be confusing.....I simply assumed that since Danzou and Hanzou both allied that once Akatsuki allied with Hanzou that Danzou pretty much was included as an ally of some sorts...not sure I'm making myself understandable :|

mrsticky005
03-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Ok I see why it could be confusing.....I simply assumed that since Danzou and Hanzou both allied that once Akatsuki allied with Hanzou that Danzou pretty much was included as an ally of some sorts...not sure I'm making myself understandable :|

I get that. But it makes more sense for Hanzo to have a secret alliance
with Danzo especially since this type of incident would look bad on their
political track records. Besides that Yahiko would have to be pretty stupid
if he was allied with both Hanzo and Danzo and didn't realize they were
both working against him and the original Akatsuki especially with Danzo
being the leader of an underground group like The Foundation.

deidara330
03-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Mifune kicked Hanzo's tail just as I predicted. Eating crow yet, Deidara330?Perhaps I would be, if I hadn't already predicted the same thing to a lesser extent:Mifune, clearly. He's the leader of the samurai. No way some water dude with a salamander is toping that. Besides, Mifune is much more calm than Hanzo, and more focused. He's going to be the more effective fighter. Chances are he can come up with an effective tactic to outwit Hanzo.My arguement with you was that it wouldn't be easy. I was wrong there, but I accurately predicted that Mifune was the more calm, focused, and effective fighter. Therefore, Iwinyoulose.

Kreegah!!!
03-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Indeed, Sai Shat. Your confidence never fails to inspire. There you have it.

:shock:

Impressive feats.

Jutsu Junkie
03-11-2011, 07:51 PM
:shock:

Impressive feats.

That's true talent. Much more impressive than his weak ink blobs. [pokes Wooster with stick]:)

Kreegah!!!
03-11-2011, 09:44 PM
That's true talent. Much more impressive than his weak ink blobs. [pokes Wooster with stick]:)

I do often wonder why he doesn't make carnivorous growlie monsters. He could make anything, like Harold and the purple Crayon.

Jutsu Junkie
03-11-2011, 10:15 PM
I do often wonder why he doesn't make carnivorous growlie monsters. He could make anything, like Harold and the purple Crayon.

Because it would make no difference. Only ninjas caught with their pants down are vulnerable to his ink jutsus. They just aren't resilient enough to withstand even weak direct attacks. Sai Shaft needs a powerup. Just sayin...

On another topic, and related to the current chapter ... I'm not the only one who is making the logical connection between Hanzou having named the Sannin and Hanzou being defeated by Pain who was defeated by Naruto meaning that Naruto must therefore be essentially a Sannin in all but name, am I? (I realize that Sannin literally means "three ninjas" but that's why I'm saying "in all but name", and besides one of 'em is dead [Oro only being "mostly dead" as Miracle Max would say])

jjjs
03-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Boring..
I look forward to seeing Hanzo use ninjutsu though. And he doesn't get to use ninjutsu. It will be fail of epic proportions.

I can finally agree with you on one thing
and i also wanna see more kakashi action

ShariKage
03-12-2011, 10:26 AM

Teach ANBU to understand
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all---
Its you vs me
Danzomon!
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all---
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all
Gotta kill them all
Yeaaaa
with Izanagi I can face
Hokage is my dream!
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all!
Its you vs me
Danzomon!
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all---
Danzomon!
Gotta kill them all!
Gotta kill them all!
Gotta kill them all!
Gotta kill them all!

lolrepped.

But yea, it was a good chapter. :p
What do you guys think Chiyo is going to do now?

deidara330
03-12-2011, 10:37 AM
On another topic, and related to the current chapter ... I'm not the only one who is making the logical connection between Hanzou having named the Sannin and Hanzou being defeated by Pain who was defeated by Naruto meaning that Naruto must therefore be essentially a Sannin in all but name, am I? (I realize that Sannin literally means "three ninjas" but that's why I'm saying "in all but name", and besides one of 'em is dead [Oro only being "mostly dead" as Miracle Max would say])I might agree, but for one we don't know the power difference between the Sannin at that time and the Sannin as they were most recently. For another, Mifune explained that Hanzo "Scraped away" at his body and "Bended" his faith, leading to Hanzo's bluntness in both his skill and his blade. Assuming the Hanzo who fought Mifune is at the same level as he was when Pain killed him, Pain defeating Hanzo shouldn't mean Pain was actually above the Sannin, although Pain did defeat two individually and could likely have beaten the third.

Despite all that, Naruto's qualified as a Sannin for a while.

Kakuzu
03-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Is it me or did Choji look extra fat in that colored picture at the beginning of the chapter...?:???:

So Mifune has some impressive sword skills. Hanzo is out in just one chapter, until or if he regenerates...

If Chiyo doesn't get puppets for her battle, it's going to be an extremely depressing confrontation... ~_~

Jutsu Junkie
03-12-2011, 09:09 PM
@deidara330: I suppose you are right, but you'd think the Sannin were weaker when Hanzou named them, and they were fighting him together too. It only makes Naruto look more impressive imo.

Something that relates to the Hanzou vs. Mifune fight:

naV3Mq24cZ0

This illustrates that Hanzou was following the wrong strategy in the fight, and he played right into the hands of Mifune. Chain weapons like the kusarigama are distance weapons -- until you immobilize your opponent. He got too close without immobilizing Mifune and paid for it.

Here's what happens when Kendo faces Escrima (the art I practice):

JapMGyUbT68

The escrimador owns! The kendoka should've been using the double sword method from the first video. Maybe someday we can see this sort of fight in Naruto.

And here's an example of Iaido:

hLoIqo3-HVM

SHAMEFULLSHINOBI
03-14-2011, 10:57 AM
hey everybody i enjoyed reading all the comments anyhow, i first want to start off saying my prayers go out to the People of Japan and all over the world.

now naruto 531 wow amazing they get better and better cant wait to see more best manga period.

Wind Style Naruto
03-14-2011, 04:49 PM
It was rumored that Kishimoto hasn't been confirmed as one of the people still alive that they still havent found him yet or confirmed him dead or alive...a rumor

Guys Im worried....:cry::cry::cry:

Jutsu Junkie
03-14-2011, 06:05 PM
It was rumored that Kishimoto hasn't been confirmed as one of the people still alive that they still havent found him yet or confirmed him dead or alive...a rumor

Guys Im worried....:cry::cry::cry:

Kishimoto's status (http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93810)

Blade Kitten
03-14-2011, 06:14 PM
thats great news!!!!