PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Chapter 529 Discussion

zerosameri
02-23-2011, 07:41 PM
It's out.

Now Gin and Kin might be Naruto's long long lost, second removed, then added by mirage brother `:P And Asmuma gets to shine. But I want Sasuke to be shown >:

Kin fail...

NagatoGod_of_Pain
02-23-2011, 07:51 PM
It was pretty anti-climatic for me. What I assumed would be so hard to stop was beaten in a couple of pages. Still disappointed that Ginkaku apparently had plenty of power, yet he cowered in fear like a Genin.

Overall disappointed so far with Darui's Division mini arc, but Darui himself is fine.

Konoha'sGreenThunder
02-23-2011, 07:56 PM
I dunno, I didn't like this section of the war much at all. I don't like Kinkaku and Ginkaku because they really weren't that strong, but they beat Tobirama (he's on of my favorite characters :[ ). Like, with those lame weapons they just seemed like they had no actual power. And I like how there was an entire division, but only Darui fought them..: |

And okay, the Fox's chakra is supposed to burn people when Naruto is in a cloak form. Tell me how that Fox didn't kill them when it ate them, nor when they were inside. Eating its chakra, pfft. And it was a rather quick battle for them to be so strong, and it only took Darui. It just makes Tobirama look bad, and that annoys me :s

Liked seeing Shikamaru and Shikaku, though.

Nick Tasogare
02-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Well, his Chakra Cloak might be different. You never know with Kish-Iliketocontractimo myself.

I loved Ino Shika Cho though P:

Yori
02-23-2011, 08:06 PM
What a disappointment this fight turned out to be. Speed of Light transportation? Eating the meat of the Kyuubi when they should of died the moment they came in contact with its chakra? Distant relatives of Rikudo? Kishi redeem your self and let Onoki v. Muu be the next fight

D 2008
02-23-2011, 08:18 PM
I liked it but it did go fast. I would have liked the fight to be longer but o well. I do like Darui more after this arc.

NagatoGod_of_Pain
02-23-2011, 08:31 PM
What a disappointment this fight turned out to be. Speed of Light transportation? Eating the meat of the Kyuubi when they should of died the moment they came in contact with its chakra? Distant relatives of Rikudo? Kishi redeem your self and let Onoki v. Muu be the next fight

I agree on how the explanations and the secretary's powers were bogus. Too bad it seems like were staying with this part of the war for a couple more fights as it said the reunion between Shikamaru and Asuma is next.

Not complaining about that though, should be interesting.

deidara330
02-23-2011, 08:38 PM
In Bleach, Aizen VS Ichigo was only a few chapters longer than this and was still superb. Short =/= Bad. I don't see the problem, as always.

Kinkaku didn't fail. He would've killed Darui had Kitsuchi not arrived to stop him, note Kitsuchi's strength in that instance as well. Kitsuchi was surely a Jonin-level ninja. Also, Choji (who's strong in his own right) acted as a distraction while Shikamaru entered Shadow Possession, when really the Shadow Possession was a distraction for Mind Transfer as well as a delay. After the Mind Transfer success, Ino merely had to respond to Darui's call to get Kinkaku sucked in. If anything's to blame, it's Shikaku's intellect for setting this all up.

It was not Darui alone, in fact if even Samui hadn't been there Darui would've been sucked in because of the curse's additional condition. So, it was Samui, Darui, Shikamaru, Choji, Ino, Shikaku, Kitsuchi, and even Mabui for being so dang quick. Alone, any one of them would've been defeated, possibly all of them. But fortunately, this is a war, one-on-one doesn't exist here.

As for the eating the fox's meat and surviving thing, it's not like it's anything short of all the other impressive stuff in Naruto. Some of the ninja simply have such great chakra that they're that effective.

I thought this chapter was good. Three war generals are now on the same battlefield, they're controlling the flow of this war and Madara is doomed to fail.

HachibiXSenpai
02-23-2011, 08:41 PM
......you people can't be pleased huh? unlike SOME of you guys i actually enjoyed this chapter a lot. Darui is so the blackashi from 526-current.

Gouldy17
02-23-2011, 08:44 PM
narutos uncle kin and gin ;););)????? eating the insides of the kyuubi with no regard to digestive acids probably going for a swim to??? that explanation was pretty poor but other than that it wasnt bad at all

D 2008
02-23-2011, 08:50 PM
I wonder when the bad guys are going to start to win some fights.

deidara330
02-23-2011, 08:56 PM
I wonder when the bad guys are going to start to win some fights.It appears that unlike most other works of fiction, the good guys are actually winning legitimately. Sure, Kinkaku may have been a bit overhyped, but it's not like he was taken down by Ino-Shika-Cho for being stupid. They outmaneuvered him tactically, he made no fault. The exact same thing happened when Kakashi took down Haku and Zabuza, and the same thing happened when Kankuro took down Sasori and Deidara, although both statements are untrue because it took a lot more than just them. In fact, if you look at any Ninja Alliance victory, it was the work of at least several people, all of whom skilled.

But let's not forget now. Nagato and Itachi are still out there, as well as Hanzo and Kimimaro, all of whom powerful contenders. There's especially still the Seven Ninja Swordsmen. The ninja have suffered many casualties already, if you want to see some loss I would expect just a bit more soon.

EvL j3st3r
02-23-2011, 09:03 PM
not bad. Some character growth there for Ino,Shika,Cho. And Ino finally got a noteworthy feat. And as someone said above, impressive entrance for Kitsuchi. I was impressed with him.

My only problem lies with the whole "five treasures" idea. I mean the last treasure ends up serving the same purpose as the gourd but only does it much more easily and efficiently.....so I ask you Rikudo Sage.....WHAT WAS THE POINT IN THE DAMN GOURD!? Why bother with it when you have another ultimate weapon that serves the same damn purpose 100 times more efficiently? The gourd served it's purpose to the storyline I guess but in logic there was never any purpose in it being one of RS's great treasures when he had the pot.

Overall I'm just glad the Kin-Gin mini-arc is over bc I've found their characters, their story, and their weapons to be lame, and the fashion that their kyuubi power manifested in them was just completely unoriginal (almost exact same as Naruto before control, appearance and ability).

Let's get back to Kakashi's squad.

SilentBlade
02-23-2011, 09:10 PM
apparently Naruto felt a disturbance in the force...

Yori
02-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Thumbs up for Naruto sensing abilities. To sense Kin's chakra from where he is located is remarkable

D 2008
02-23-2011, 09:26 PM
It appears that unlike most other works of fiction, the good guys are actually winning legitimately. Sure, Kinkaku may have been a bit overhyped, but it's not like he was taken down by Ino-Shika-Cho for being stupid. They outmaneuvered him tactically, he made no fault. The exact same thing happened when Kakashi took down Haku and Zabuza, and the same thing happened when Kankuro took down Sasori and Deidara, although both statements are untrue because it took a lot more than just them. In fact, if you look at any Ninja Alliance victory, it was the work of at least several people, all of whom skilled.

But let's not forget now. Nagato and Itachi are still out there, as well as Hanzo and Kimimaro, all of whom powerful contenders. There's especially still the Seven Ninja Swordsmen. The ninja have suffered many casualties already, if you want to see some loss I would expect just a bit more soon.

I'm not putting down the good guys wins. I think they are putting up a good fight. I just meant that in stories it normally goes back and forth with the bad guys winning then the good guys and so forth. I think that we are about to see the bad guys do something powerful that it will look like they are about to win then at the last minute someone like Naruto will save the day.

Phariah824
02-23-2011, 10:07 PM
was ok Chap. i loved the stone dude's entrance was impressive. also as said above Ino's growth was a nice showing.

as to the 2 brothers surviving and gaining 9-tails chakra. i liked Kishi's explaination. that they are of the SotSP's lineage would account for their mutation since he is the one that created the biju.

more and more i could see Shikaku as Hokage just for his leadership and tactics.

and i called it that Naruto would sense the brothers eventually. hope that gets him interested into whats going on outside finally.

gama-sennin
02-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Not much to talk about really. D330 has already summed up the chapter from a diehard fan's POV.

As far as I am concerned, Kin + Gin + Rikudo lineage + Fox's meat + Ino = FAIL

zerosameri
02-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Thumbs up for Naruto sensing abilities. To sense Kin's chakra from where he is located is remarkable
That was EPIC.

narutonhinataschild
02-24-2011, 12:13 AM
That was EPIC.

Epic? But wheres it been until now? there has been an entire army waging war out side and he has he most finaly tuned sencing abilitys and it took him this long too say gee mister whats going on?...Please!

Shooting Star
02-24-2011, 04:51 AM
Cheap Regular ninjas ftw! :lol:

Page 4

Ninja A: C-Came out? T-The fox actually crapped out two of those?
Ninja B: Are you a frigging child?! Contact HQ! We need a plan!

Page 14

Kinkaku: Third Rate Copperplated Forkers!

Devil's Lawyer
02-24-2011, 06:40 AM
Interesting Naruto now has light speed techniques. It's only a teleportation ability though.

Shikamaru Nara
02-24-2011, 07:30 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed when Kinkaku goes:

Third-rate copper plated fonkerssssss

Yeah I was thinking about the light speed thing. She may be able to teleport herself, but even so, it would take prep. Apparantly she had to prep it beforehand.

GwynethUchiha
02-24-2011, 07:34 AM
ASM chapter I can't wait for next weeks chapter when Shikamauru,Ino, and Choji see Asuma

Wooster
02-24-2011, 08:20 AM
apparently Naruto felt a disturbance in the force...
As if a million voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

tsuki
02-24-2011, 08:43 AM
The end to the Light Brothers was okay, but not as spectacular to what I thought it should be. Still, I guess Kishi can't spend too much time on every battle in the way. Anyways it looks like next week should be good with Asuma Vs. InoShikaCho.

MangekyoSasuke93
02-24-2011, 08:45 AM
chapter was awesome can't wait to see it in the anime lol

Poodle
02-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Well Raikage said they were probably distant relatives of the sage of 6 paths or whatever so that should explain why they survived and were able to eat its meat.

This chapter was meh. I'm just glad its over so they get back to what Kakashi is about to do i can't wait to see Kakashi finally get mad and show some emotion and all of his power finally.

mrsticky005
02-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Asuma vs Shikamaru (and Friends?) should be a good chess shogi match.

Wooster
02-24-2011, 09:25 AM
They should play twiddle winks instead, then Tsunade could join in with Dan.

Skrall
02-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Seriously, Kishi? Distant relatives of the Sage of Six Paths? -_- Not only that, but also managing to survive by eating the Kyuubi's stomach meat? Come on... you're better than that! I'm glad this battle is over now; thank god I won't see more of the two brothers anymore, hopefully. It's good to know, Kishi is giving screentime to all his characters. I'm looking forward to see Asuma's in next episode that is, if team 10 doesn't start crying when they see him.

Wooster
02-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Seriously, Kishi? Distant relatives of the Sage of Six Paths? -_- Not only that, but also managing to survive by eating the Kyuubi's stomach meat? Come on... you're better than that! I'm glad this battle is over now; thank god I won't see more of the two brothers anymore, hopefully. It's good to know, Kishi is giving screentime to all his characters. I'm looking forward to see Asuma's in next episode that is, if team 10 doesn't start crying when they see him.
It was just mentioned as a possibility by the Raikage. If it is never mentioned again, it isn't a problem.

The bros and their techniques are insanely stupid, I am also glad they were defeated by the awesome Ino-Shika-Chou.

Skrall
02-24-2011, 10:14 AM
It was just mentioned as a possibility by the Raikage. If it is never mentioned again, it isn't a problem.

The bros and their techniques are insanely stupid, I am also glad they were defeated by the awesome Ino-Shika-Chou.

Yes, but even so...to think these bros are possibly the descendents of the SoSP. I really dislike when Kishi draw a random character, empowers it with some ridiculous jutsu/power and then says out of nowhere he/she is a distant relative of some really cool and/or incredible strong character. :mad:

Wooster
02-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Naah, but in this case it was a legendary duo. The got swallow by the nine tails for Pate's sake. Being a distant relative to Rikudo Sennin is small potatoes.

SixPathsofPainDeva
02-24-2011, 11:15 AM
ehh, it wasn't that bad. Still waiting for the itachi and Sasuke showdown though...

Parak111
02-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Wait, wait! I've got an idea! Kinkaku and Ginkaku survived being in the fox's stomach, right? Then...could that possibly mean that Itachi's crow survived digestion inside Naruto?!http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/emotawesomepm9.gif

I can't wait to find out! Excellent logic, I must say!

Next time in Naruto Shippuden 530: Asuma vs Ino-Skika-Cho!

Expect drama, tears, blades and cookies! Kill them Asuma!

Koros! Koros!`!:)

mrsticky005
02-24-2011, 12:02 PM
They should play twiddle winks instead, then Tsunade could join in with Dan.

I'll be surprised if Tsunade doesn't join the fight against Dan.

Speaking of Dan...where is he? I thought he was fighting Choza.

Wind Style Naruto
02-24-2011, 01:21 PM
I wonder if Mabui can transport people if that is the case then Tsunade and A can enter the battlefield any time. So Tsunade VS Dan and A VS Third Raikage is inevitable.

The main reason for Kin-Gin's defeat were that the good guys use their own weapons against that.

If it wasn't for that SUPER HAXXED WEAPON THAT CAN SEAL SOMEONE AWAY JUST BY RESPONDING they would've lost that and Mabui.

Like D330 said, it wasn't just one person it was an whole freakin army that took em down. You had all those ninjas from Kitsuchi, Darui, and Mifune's division distract him and the others.

Besides Tenten herself said that Kinkaku were demolishing them its just Kishi really didn't show that much. I understand not wasting pages to show something we seen before rapestomp an bunch of fodders....vut seriously Kinkaku destroyed that rock foundation

Kin-Gin were only hyped because of their weapons and that they have a lot of chakra compared to an Hokage.

I mean not even an Hokage could take down what Kinkaku faced. Over 2000 ninjas, an over haxxed legendary weapon, an light speed transfer technique, and the genius of Shikaku.

Kreegah!!!
02-24-2011, 01:24 PM

He's too busy having the hots for Tsunade now that he's back in flesh again.

I'm still holding to a last minute showing of little whatshisface, Tsunade's broski. Just for laughs by Kabuto and Tsunade dies from crippling catatonia.

Wooster
02-24-2011, 01:42 PM

He is probably using his special technique Dying no Jutsu.

It doesn't work on anyone except Tsunade.

mrsticky005
02-24-2011, 02:21 PM
He is probably using his special technique Dying no Jutsu.

It doesn't work on anyone except Tsunade.

Not that I care much for Dan but if we're gonna have to deal with him
and the Princess. At least give him some cool jutsu. Also if we're going
to have to suffer some Tsunade flashbacks...at least have some relevance
to the main story.

Nick Tasogare
02-24-2011, 03:10 PM
I love how the Raikage took some chick with an awesome Space/Time technique, and made her a secretary xD

Wooster
02-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Not that I care much for Dan but if we're gonna have to deal with him
and the Princess. At least give him some cool jutsu. Also if we're going
to have to suffer some Tsunade flashbacks...at least have some relevance
to the main story.
Indeed, maybe she walked in on Danzo and Orochimaru scheming. As she was stupid and drunk, she paid them no mind, but maybe her brain can finally recharge or some and she will understand in the heat of battle.

I love how the Raikage took some chick with an awesome Space/Time technique, and made her a secretary xD
Hey, it brings a whole new meaning on-time delivery. Wise move.

Nick Tasogare
02-24-2011, 03:17 PM
To think, she probably thought she would be a valuable and legendary Shinobi with that technique....

And she was made a secretary xD

Wooster
02-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Of the most kickass Kage ever. The Raikage is sooo stuck in the seventies. I am surprised her name isn't Foxui or something. :lol:

Zango
02-24-2011, 03:30 PM
So, Shika and Co. against Asuma. As I said in a post long ago in a thread far away, Asuma'll just be like: "Yo Shika, joo get dat crazy dood wit da scythe?" "I bwu dat biotch to shizz, dawg." "K thx." and Asuma will be put to rest. At this point, as Team 10 is lamenting over the memories of their master, they'll get one lethal Searing Migraine up the ass.

Kreegah!!!
02-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Of the most kickass Kage ever. The Raikage is sooo stuck in the seventies. I am surprised her name isn't Foxui or something. :lol:

I wonder if she's a secretary with benefits. >_>

So, Shika and Co. against Asuma. As I said in a post long ago in a thread far away, Asuma'll just be like: "Yo Shika, joo get dat crazy dood wit da scythe?" "I bwu dat biotch to shizz, dawg." "K thx." and Asuma will be put to rest. At this point, as Team 7 is lamenting over the memories of their master, they'll get one lethal Searing Migraine up the ass.

Kakuzu kills Ino. Tenten fills the vacancy.:ugeek:

-N-
02-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Enjoyed the Chapter to be honest.

I loved the Teamwork of the 2 Ino-Shika-Cho generations.

Shikaku did the planning.Inoichi sent the Message.Choza helped to restrain Kinkaku while their Kids took out the mini Kyuubi.

Quite nice.I'm looking forward to them facing Asuma.

Also what I thought about:
With the brother's gone and Asuma destined to fall at the hands of his Team there are only Dan and Kakuzu left as Edo Summonings facing Darui's Division.

Am I the only the one having a feeling it won't be Tsunade but Shizune taking out Dan?

JazzJunkie4
02-25-2011, 01:24 PM
i wonder if she's a secretary with benefits. >_>

zing!

God Of Dogs
02-26-2011, 12:52 PM
For legends and legends with Kyuubi chakra no less, those guys went down pretty quickly. :( I was hopping for a little more action from the kingin brothers... oh well next chapter Inchickacho Vs Asuma. going to be awsome.

Zango
02-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Meh, probably going to end up being Asuma and Kakuzu Vs. Ino Shika and Chouji. Hell, for old times sake lets throw Hidan in there too :D

tsuki
02-26-2011, 06:33 PM

It seems like a limited technique that needs a fair amount of prep time, so it probably wouldn't be good for combat. So why not make her a secretary?

AussieNaruto
02-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Epic? But wheres it been until now? there has been an entire army waging war out side and he has he most finaly tuned sencing abilitys and it took him this long too say gee mister whats going on?...Please!

yeh he's definatly not the sharpest tool in the shed... and i really want to see naruto join the 4th ninja war!
he can all their butts!!!

Zango
02-26-2011, 08:07 PM
^ I think you're missing a verb somewhere in there...

OH My GOD
02-27-2011, 09:01 PM
I am glad those kin/gin brothers are gone it seemed cheap to me and a disgrace to naruto that some fat guys have nine tail fox powers just by eating there chakra. only naruto should have that power not some ugly looking fat dudes. and when is itachi going to show up and kick as?

II Xion II
02-28-2011, 07:39 AM
I am glad those kin/gin brothers are gone it seemed cheap to me and a disgrace to naruto that some fat guys have nine tail fox powers just by eating there chakra. only naruto should have that power not some ugly looking fat dudes. and when is itachi going to show up and kick as?

Well it was kind of weird that you got power that way and that they lived in the Nine Tails. Although they were supposed to be legends who along with their force took down the Nidaime Hokage. So to see them lose without any named casualties and with their instant regen abilities was sad. :(

Wind Style Naruto
03-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Is it more the Raikage is kissing up to the Hokage. This is the same guy who never liked the Leaf Village, tried to kidnap someone from it twice, and even waged war against them. He never liked Danzo either when he was Hokage.

Now he sees Tsunade he's all like.

"Can I wipe your chair for you.'

"Exactly your always right."

"Lets form an Alliance although I caused her village so many pain and trouble."

"Mabui...oh Im not trying to hit that(Shi: Liar) she is just my secretary and for a reason. Sure she is hot and young but I am still single."

Jakropha
03-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Is it more the Raikage is kissing up to the Hokage. This is the same guy who never liked the Leaf Village, tried to kidnap someone from it twice, and even waged war against them. He never liked Danzo either when he was Hokage.

Now he sees Tsunade he's all like.

"Can I wipe your chair for you.'

"Exactly your always right."

"Lets form an Alliance although I caused her village so many pain and trouble."

"Mabui...oh Im not trying to hit that(Shi: Liar) she is just my secretary and for a reason. Sure she is hot and young but I am still single."

Green FTW!!!!!!

kalmeast
03-01-2011, 08:09 PM
@EvL j3st3r... I couldn't agree with you more...Good Way of Thinking...What's going on with Kishi? The Gourd Is just So Useless If The Sage Had The Pot... Why go through the trouble of having someone use a catch phrase... Really, Rikoudo was depending on Catch phrases?

And What about the Fan that Can Generate any of the Five element... If They Didn't Have the Pot, Why not just use the Fan to Generate it?... I'm sure this whole thing Is a "manga filler"...came from one of Kishi's subordinates who make Naruto fillers...